Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2018, 14:52   #3766
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Guys, getting free insurance and a discount of 30k on a April 2017 vehicle. Is it worth thinking about it? What are the positives and negatives? Thank you.
It is too less a discount for practically a year old model. Hexa is not that slow-moving that a dealer will have 1-year-old unsold inventory, so please check with him why the car is unsold for so long.
If you are satisfied with the explanation, try to get at least 75k-1L off and a change of all the fluids, since the car is close to a year old.

If I am in your shoes, I will go for a new one, for the peace of mind.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 19:05   #3767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
It is too less a discount for practically a year old model. Hexa is not that slow-moving that a dealer will have 1-year-old unsold inventory, so please check with him why the car is unsold for so long.
--Anoop
Very good point. Given that the Hexa moves through the dealerships quite quickly and even has a waiting period for some versions, it is unusual to see a year old vehicle lying unsold.

Further as pointed out by others, the offered discount is too low for the loss of depreciation and peace of mind.
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 11:25   #3768
BHPian

Is there difference in ride quality between XT 4x4 and XTA 4x2?
Old 28th February 2018, 23:55   #3769
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Not worth it. Make sure you get at least 10% discount on OTR price. That is the average depreciation of a one year old vehicle.
Actually a Hexa would depreciate at least 25-30% in the first year. Yep close to zero kms may mean 5% less depreciation. But likely also means rough use as an unregistered demo vehicle or as a car that faced some customer issues like an accident before delivery and got stuck.

At the end of 2.5 yrs TATA themselves had valued my Top most variant Aria at 6L against 18L OTR when new.

Last edited by ACM : 28th February 2018 at 23:58.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 10:42   #3770
Distinguished - BHPian

Even 1 lakh discount on an year old Hexa isn't worth it. You spend 20 big ones!!

I had a similar experience. I was offered 75k(68k insurance + 7k cash) discount on a December 2017 Safari Storme. Having owned several Tatas and being used to terrible resale values, I opted for 2018 Storme. I don't get free insurance now (68k) but get 39k cash discount on the 2018. So it was merely a 36 k benefit on 2017 one. Not worth it when you are spending 17 big ones on it.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 1st March 2018 at 10:48.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 11:04   #3771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Is there difference in ride quality between XT 4x4 and XTA 4x2?
I was told by the SA that there will be difference in ride quality. He said the 4x4 will vibrate more. Took a short test drive in the 4x4. It was smooth and I didnt find any vibration.
Old 1st March 2018, 11:23   #3772
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, getting free insurance and a discount of 30k on a April 2017 vehicle. Is it worth thinking about it? What are the positives and negatives? Thank you.
In Jan, I was getting little over 90K discount (Insurance+ cash) + Free accessories on XTA but rejected the offer as it was Oct17 manufactured car and went for 2018 manufactured XMA. Dealer did have an explanation but somehow I was not able to convince myself to buy a vehicle which is lying in dealer stockyard for 4 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Has anyone been able to compare and report on whether the ride is even better on the smaller dia wheels + higher profile tyre version of the car? Is there any merit in swapping down from the 19 inch version?
I had extensively test driven XTA and XT and now driving my XMA from last week and finding XMA ride quality better than XTA/XT. But those XT/XTA were having 6-7K on the ODO and my XMA is just came out of the plant with new tyres.
FirstRay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 14:08   #3773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Not worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
But for 80k discount (cost of insurance plus cash discount) it isn't worth it.

Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
--Anoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
it is unusual to see a year old vehicle lying unsold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Actually a Hexa would depreciate at least 25-30% in the first year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Even 1 lakh discount on an year old Hexa isn't worth it.
Thanks guys for the timely advice. I booked the 2018 one. I didn't really press on why the car was unsold. But I was told its a April manufactured vehicle which came to the dealer in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstRay View Post
Dealer did have an explanation but somehow I was not able to convince myself to buy a vehicle which is lying in dealer stockyard for 4 months.

I had extensively test driven XTA and XT and now driving my XMA from last week and finding XMA ride quality better than XTA/XT. But those XT/XTA were having 6-7K on the ODO and my XMA is just came out of the plant with new tyres.
Yes, I was also not entirely convinced with the explanation they were trying to give which was more on the lines that nothing will go wrong I will guarantee rather than the real reason. But the XMA is serious VFM. And lots of peace of mind considering you will not even have to think of those thin tyres. Good decision. Please post some pics of your xma. Thank you!
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 14:33   #3774
BHPian

Quote:
I was told by the SA that there will be difference in ride quality. He said the 4x4 will vibrate more. Took a short test drive in the 4x4. It was smooth and I didnt find any vibration.
The SA probably had 4X2 in stock and wanted to sell that instead of ordering an out of stock AWD from the factory!
Strangerintown is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 09:06   #3775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
The SA probably had 4X2 in stock and wanted to sell that instead of ordering an out of stock AWD from the factory!
4x4 is also available in stock. SA didnt seem to push for any particular model. He didnt recommend between the two. He said any model if it has to be ordered will take a maximum of about 20 days for delivery. This is for models not currently available in stock.
Old 3rd March 2018, 17:37   #3776
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Have almost made up my mind purchasing a Hexa XTA.

Have received quotes from 2 dealers(1 is a Tata dealer and the other one is a Multi Car dealer).My registration will be Ex-Mumbai.

Tata has quoted me 2110xxx(Does not Include Ext warranty)(Insurance quote is 87xxx)
The Multi Car dealer has quoted me 2043xxx(includes extended warranty)

Also Tata is offering 100% on road finance at 8%.
I have yet to haggle with the Tata guy as he just handed me the quote paper when we were doing the Test Drive.

Few queries that still hang in my Mind,

1. Is the headunit updated for Android Auto OR apple carplay?
2.Suggestion regarding side step purchase(Tata or aftermarket)
3.Are the floor mats and Mud guards still provide factory fitted?
Old 3rd March 2018, 18:23   #3777
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Hi Guys,

Have almost made up my mind purchasing a Hexa XTA.

Have received quotes from 2 dealers(1 is a Tata dealer and the other one is a Multi Car dealer).My registration will be Ex-Mumbai.

Tata has quoted me 2110xxx(Does not Include Ext warranty)(Insurance quote is 87xxx)
The Multi Car dealer has quoted me 2043xxx(includes extended warranty)

Also Tata is offering 100% on road finance at 8%.

1. Is the headunit updated for Android Auto OR apple carplay?
2.Suggestion regarding side step purchase(Tata or aftermarket)
3.Are the floor mats and Mud guards still provide factory fitted?
1) There is no Apple Car Play nor Android Auto as yet.

2) Avoid the side steps. They are inconvenient and a bit dangerous especially while getting down as one is not able to place leg on the step properly. ( While getting down). If one tries to step down directly also then the side step will spoil our pant sides near the ankles in the monsoon.

3) Downtown series of mats need to be purchased. You can purchase them.

4) TATA dealers are giving a discount that includes free insurance. Handling charges have to be waived off as per supreme court hearing. Exchange bonus is 15k but you will get better total price for previous car on OLX.

Heads up display, WiFi charging for phone and rear entertainment package from Downtown edition are worth going for.

Insurance if done outside say from HDFC Ergo will min save 30k. But since they are giving it free you might as well take theirs.
ACM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 14:06   #3778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
1) There is no Apple Car Play nor Android Auto as yet.

2) Avoid the side steps. They are inconvenient and a bit dangerous especially while getting down as one is not able to place leg on the step properly. ( While getting down). If one tries to step down directly also then the side step will spoil our pant sides near the ankles in the monsoon.

3) Downtown series of mats need to be purchased. You can purchase them.

4) TATA dealers are giving a discount that includes free insurance. Handling charges have to be waived off as per supreme court hearing. Exchange bonus is 15k but you will get better total price for previous car on OLX.

Heads up display, WiFi charging for phone and rear entertainment package from Downtown edition are worth going for.

Insurance if done outside say from HDFC Ergo will min save 30k. But since they are giving it free you might as well take theirs.

Had gone to Wasan Motors today and he quoted me 2000000 final.
Will go for downtown series mats, HUD and side steps as I have old people at home.
Old 4th March 2018, 23:03   #3779
BHPian

Quote:

Even I did not find any difference in ride quality between XT 4x4 and XTA.

Quote:
But the XMA is serious VFM. And lots of peace of mind considering you will not even have to think of those thin tyres. Good decision. Please post some pics of your xma. Thank you!

Yes, XMA is real value for money. There are lot of good features in XTA, but for me there is no essential feature missing in XMA except electrically foldable ORVMs considering the size of the vehicle. Below are few pics. Please note that the DRLs + Fog Lamps are fitted afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180223144625_img_0849_1.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180304112543_img_0876.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180304112735_img_0878.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180304112802_img_0879.jpg  

FirstRay is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 11:56   #3780
Senior - BHPian

Feb 2018 sales numbers
XUV - 1901
HEXA - 895