Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2018, 13:55   #3931
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
I own a xta too and have done 7300 kms on the odo and got my 2nd service in January and post 2nd service I'm getting 7.5-7.0 kmpl in city traffic. My daily travel is not more than 10 kms and I drive my Hexa in tight and small alleyway in colonies to reach my destination and the car barely shifts to 4th gear is this the reason I am getting low mileage figures. On highways I get 13-15 kmpl and I do not cross 100 kmph ever. Any suggestions from your end is most welcome. I am considering switching to a different fuel station to see any plausible change in fuel consumption.
I think your figures are justified for the condition mentioned.

However, FE figure in isolation may be misleading. It should be accompanied with traffic & road condition/average speed, laden weight/no of people in the vehicle (average fig), with or w/o AC (usually people keep AC on, still), measurement methods (vehicle instrument based or between 2 full tanks) etc.

We can create a poll for the same.
Old 30th March 2018, 21:56   #3932
BHPian

Is it possible to customize the centre captain seats to something similar in Alphard / Elgrand without compromising on the 3rd row leg room?
Old 1st April 2018, 12:54   #3933
BHPian

Guys I was in the market today for seat covers for my Hexa XMA which would be delivered this coming week. I liked few of them which were art leather seat covers but the thing that is bothering me is that they told me they will remove the seats from the car and then install the seat covers. Is this the way they are installed? Please help me on this.

Regards
Old 1st April 2018, 12:59   #3934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I was in the market today for seat covers for my Hexa XMA which would be delivered this coming week. I liked few of them which were art leather seat covers but the thing that is bothering me is that they told me they will remove the seats from the car and then install the seat covers. Is this the way they are installed? Please help me on this.

Regards
Seat covers are always installed after removing the seats from the car. This ensures better fit.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 09:39   #3935
BHPian

I recently got an Xta delivered and was on a long drive up early in the morning .
I noticed i could hear the transmission sounds when changing gears.
Is this normal?
I did not notice this when in normal daylight hours when there is noise around.
Old 4th April 2018, 17:17   #3936
BHPian

Friends...i did not post the pic of my new car, however, having clocked 1185 Kms, this is what the QA department has delivered, for a car costing 22 big ones in bangalore.

Will someone have mail IDs at TM, who would have concern for such issues?

The rod just snapped all by itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20180404wa0006.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20180404wa0008.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20180404wa0010.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20180404wa0007.jpg  

Last edited by m3_07 : 4th April 2018 at 17:18. Reason: Additional info.
m3_07 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 18:38   #3937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Friends...i did not post the pic of my new car, however, having clocked 1185 Kms, this is what the QA department has delivered, for a car costing 22 big ones in bangalore.

Hi, could you share details of the dealer and location from where you bought the car? Also, are you a part of our bangalore owner's group?
Old 4th April 2018, 19:25   #3938
BHPian

Quote:

What is the purpose of this rod? Did it came out after any off-road excursion?
Old 4th April 2018, 19:34   #3939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
What is the purpose of this rod? Did it came out after any off-road excursion?
seems to be the link rod. but bug out in this limited kms is a big issue.
Hope it could be a manufacturing defect and will be resolved in a service centre visit.
Please raise it with Tata and get the full details of this issue.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 20:11   #3940
BHPian

I brought this at Prerana Motors. The guys called me & said they are shocked....i said they should be ashamed.

This snap was experienced once i moved my car from the parking. No 4x4 was engaged. With this link rod snapped, you will not be able to steer the left wheel. Imagine, i consider myself lucky to have driven over 12 kms to reach the service centre. The threads on the rod are worn out due to the impact.

All said & done, it is a lovely car & pity that I had to face this.
m3_07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 20:30   #3941
BHPian

Quote:
I brought this at Prerana Motors. The guys called me & said they are shocked....i said they should be ashamed.

This snap was experienced once i moved my car from the parking. No 4x4 was engaged. With this link rod snapped, you will not be able to steer the left wheel. Imagine, i consider myself lucky to have driven over 12 kms to reach the service centre. The threads on the rod are worn out due to the impact.

All said & done, it is a lovely car & pity that I had to face this.
If you still are facing issues with the response from Prerana, do let us know! Prerana motors are pretty competent and they have excellent service quality as well. Hope you get it resolved ASAP.

Meanwhile, you could raise a complaint to TATA as well and give negative feedback when you get a survey call post service.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 20:53   #3942
Senior - BHPian

This is a tie rod which has not been fastened by a nut in the end because of which it has come loose and come out, either they missed it at the factory or they failed to notice it during the PDI.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 22:56   #3943
BHPian

Seems like Tata is messing up big time with its quality control these days. We already have a Tigor accident thread for broken axle and now this. They are ruining their reputation when they have managed some visibility in the market thanks to their new launches.
Carpainter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 00:41   #3944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Seems like Tata is messing up big time with its quality control these days. We already have a Tigor accident thread for broken axle and now this.
One car in all those does not make it the norm. Yes, one piece failed. The location & circumstances when it happened have resulted in certain damage. A component failure can happen anywhere, with any vendor / manufacturer. Even Jeep had one - and the car was still being taken home from delivery. If total usage upto point of failure was considered, then Jeep should have been one of the worst QC;s, right ?
condor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 13:33   #3945
BHPian

Quote:

From the photo, the threaded end doesn't look broken. What seems to have happened is that the nut on the rod unscrewed itself from the suspension upright because of vibrations. This should not have happened since there is normally a locknut and a split pin to prevent the nut from coming off. This is safety related and I am 100% sure that TML checks this on the assembly line. The physical check of this is marked with a coloured paint mark.

The most plausible cause is that a mechanic (dealer or someone else) removed the nut for some reason and didn't tighten it enough when he put it back and also forgot the split pin.

So this leads to the following questions:

1. Have you had any steering or alignment related work done on your hexa?

2. Does the other steering link rod joint have the paint mark?

Can other Hexa owners check on their cars and contribute information?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks