Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2018, 15:02   #3946
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Though I am a Hexa Owner, but these pics from the Aria Thread makes me feel that certain things (interior only, in terms of layout and quality) were better off on the Aria when compared to the Hexa.

1) The neat layout around the handbrake, the current Arm rest is lousy to say the least.
2) The Captiva inspired Audio Screen, a similar touchscreen on the Hexa would have looked better.
3) The quality of Air flow vents, AC knobs (On the Hexa they are pathetic to say the least), the entire layout gives a very Europeanesque look and feel.
4) The Boxes on the roof, though too many to handle, sit look better than the staid roof on Hexa, it reminds me of the Chevy Uplander that I drove at length.

Let the pics do the talking now.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-tataaria06.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-tataaria4x204.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-tatahexa33.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-tataaria03.jpg  

Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 15:03   #3947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
P.S. Just saw a recent post. The noise in my car (which is exact same as a video posted a few pages back) comes up even when accelerator pedal is kept pressed. Yes, there is a loud grinding sound when taking foot off A-pedal near 1700/1800 rpm. But there are peaks in this "gargling" sound even before that and even without lifting foot off A-pedal........

Apologies if this has already been answered (could not find it in the search results). Do we have a fix from tata for the gargling noise yet? The last time i spoke to the service advisor from Tata about a month ago, they acknowledged it is a known issue and Tata was to release a fix for this one. He also mentioned this is very specific to the Varicor engines and said that this noise is from the air filter. Although i was not convinced, i could not pursue the conversation owing to my limited knowledge. I have not heard back from them yet. Advance thanks.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th April 2018 at 16:52. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 5th April 2018, 15:23   #3948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
Apologies if this has already been answered (could not find it in the search results). Do we have a fix from tata for the gargling noise yet? The last time i spoke to the service advisor from Tata about a month ago, they acknowledged it is a known issue and Tata was to release a fix for this one. He also mentioned this is very specific to the Varicor engines and said that this noise is from the air filter. Although i was not convinced, i could not pursue the conversation owing to my limited knowledge. I have not heard back from them yet. Advance thanks.
There's an ECU update which pretty much takes care of the gargle and also reduces the lag in second and third gears.
Old 5th April 2018, 15:52   #3949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
There's an ECU update which pretty much takes care of the gargle and also reduces the lag in second and third gears.
The update will be available end april, as quoted by prerana garage.
Old 5th April 2018, 16:13   #3950
BMK

Quote:
I had my XE serviced (first) earlier this week @ concord motors, bangalore. Specifically asked for ECU update for gargling noise @ ~ 2000 rpm and turbo lag @ < 1250 rpm. SA acknowledged that these are known issues and TML is yet to solve it and indicated there is no ECU update for my vehicle (Dec'17 end manufactured) as it has the latest one.
Gargling noise or lag after the service continues even though he mentioned they have tuned some ECU parameters (which anyway was not convincing & seemed just to avoid the point)
Have any one of you got an update that eliminates gargling noise and reduces the turbo lag?
Old 5th April 2018, 16:27   #3951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Is this an update over the existing update that was offered to the customers? A second update?
Old 5th April 2018, 16:45   #3952
BHPian

Guys, Tata motors is fantastic! Yesterday, I wrote to Tata motors customer care adding a kind notice to the CEO regarding handling charges or customer care charges as its being called now and asked them to waiver it off.

Morning I got a mail saying the team was working on this and will get an update soon. Now the dealer called me saying Tata motors wrote to the dealership CEO regarding the matter who in turn asked the manager to look into it. And now half hour back its resolved.

To my discredit I did not ask the dealer about it rather directly wrote to Tata. Had I asked them the dealer they said they would have removed it then itself. But why should it be in the quotation in the first place, that's a discussion for another day.

I have never owned Tata vehicles but if this is the Tata motors of now, I think we folks buying their vehicles are in safe hands. And Hexa is one heck of a value for money product. 5 stars to Tata motors and the dealership! Thoroughly impressed, great job!
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 16:51   #3953
BHPian

Quote:
Is this an update over the existing update that was offered to the customers? A second update?
Sir...i am just 30 days old into the system, hence do not know how many have been in past. This update is specific to the gargle noise.
Old 5th April 2018, 17:31   #3954
BHPian

Guys was going through features available in each variant and I saw this. Smart USB charging in 2nd row has been shown as available in all the variants. Have they updated the XE and XM variants with this feature or it is just an error on the website? If they have indeed added this feature then I really welcome this move.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_5265.png  

Old 5th April 2018, 18:25   #3955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys was going through features available in each variant and I saw this. Smart USB charging in 2nd row has been shown as available in all the variants. Have they updated the XE and XM variants with this feature or it is just an error on the website? If they have indeed added this feature then I really welcome this move.
AFAIK, three 12V charging points and two USB ports (front and second row) are common across all variants and not limited to the top or mid trims.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 18:57   #3956
BHPian

Quote:
I own the Varicor Aria and it has the same gargling issue. I received one update about a couple years back and that smoothened the engine. However i suspect that is what introduced the gargling noise. I hope Tata releaes the second update sooner than later

Quote:
I presume you are referring to the first update. The second one has not been released yet by Tata (atleast not till last month)
Old 5th April 2018, 21:12   #3957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post

So this leads to the following questions:

1. Have you had any steering or alignment related work done on your hexa?

2. Does the other steering link rod joint have the paint mark?
No steering/ alignment work done & did not check for the marks on the right side.

The car is now back from repairs & the attachment has the details of work done. There was "suspected" oil leaks (do not know where, i wasn't at TASS), for which they have replaced few seals too.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-imag0042.jpg  

Last edited by m3_07 : 5th April 2018 at 21:13. Reason: typo
m3_07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 21:16   #3958
BHPian

Friends...for some reason the navapps on the HU does not recognize my phone. When the phone is connected, something seems wrong with the USB port (says connect the right cable - have tried 5 cables ). Anyone facing this??

Last edited by m3_07 : 5th April 2018 at 21:17. Reason: typo
Old 5th April 2018, 21:40   #3959
BHPian

Quote:
Friends...for some reason the navapps on the HU does not recognize my phone. When the phone is connected, something seems wrong with the USB port (says connect the right cable - have tried 5 cables ). Anyone facing this??
Might be unrelated, but posting just in case . Bluetooth connectivity of the HK infotainment on our Storme, with my phone (a Google Pixel) got broken ever since the device was updated to Android Oreo 8.1.0.

Please connect another phone and check if the issue persists.
Old 6th April 2018, 11:06   #3960
BMK

Quote:
AFAIK, three 12V charging points and two USB ports (front and second row) are common across all variants and not limited to the top or mid trims.
Dec'17 XE that I have has
- Front row - 12v & USB
- Middle row - 12v only
- Last row - none

Not sure if there are updates in 2018 vehicles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks