Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2018, 15:28   #4111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post

This is the biggest issue with Tata dealers, they even don't bother to follow up at times.

That said, here Mahindra dealers have started an annoying practice I guess, they always do "Sir Mahindra Namaskar" and I always reply "Toyota Namaskar"!!
I reminded them about the test drive & was told, they will dropin to my office for a test drive between 1500 hrs to 1600 hrs. Followed up to ensure they are on time & the reply from them "Sorry saar, we could not arrange test drive today, it has to be some other day". I don't see a point talking to them & only option is to look for other dealers. Picked up # from carwale. One dealer not picking the call & # does not exist for the other

Googled to pick the latest number & ended up on another TBHP thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ata-manza.html

Quote:
Ruled out Concorde for my buying
Quote:
Bottom line is that TAFE REACH is best avoided.
Meanwhile as you pointed out, I keep getting follow up calls from Mahindra & Toyota.

Quote:
Dear G M,
Your test drive for New XUV500 Diesel Automatic has been scheduled for 11/05/2018 between 12:30 PM to 01:00 PM.
Click http://*******.com/ychdeawy for cancellation/re-scheduling.Please make sure you carry your valid driving license. your OTP for feedback closure is 804016
Surprise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 16:37   #4112
BHPian

That's sad. Such poor response from a dealer is not acceptable. In chandigarh the dealer sent the test drive vehicle to my place and I could drive it for half an hour on all kind of terrain. Highway, off road, broken roads, potholes etc. You must take up the issue with TML
Old 11th May 2018, 17:48   #4113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I kept spending time around expecting to get a call once they are ready with test drive vehicle. With no signs of call, I requested for one. Was told only available test drive vehicle has gone to their other showroom & will not be available. After couple of days, I crossed the showroom yesterday & pinged them to find out if its available. Now the test vehicle has gone for servicing -:( But they promised to bring the vehicle to my place for test drive.
I have multiple TD from Tafe Access both in AT & AWD. mostly it depends upon the sales guy whom you've reached.
If you are still interested, please message me, i'll share my known sales rep from Tafe Access. hope he will help you on arranging a TD.
I too plan to have another round of TD coming weeks before finalizing Hexa
aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 18:05   #4114
BHPian

Thank you guys for your comments. Apologies for a late response though I have seen an acknowledged all responses and all of them are much appreciated.

I had almost made up my mind to get the Hexa XTA when the dealer at Concorde Motors themselves confessed that H7X will come out sometime mid-2019. Now this changes quite a few things.

Yes I’m really ready to let go of my loved XUV purely because of manual transmission chores in traffic and inferior ride quality vs Hexa. Also a lot of part replacements are coming up for my 4 years+ old beast – all 4 brake pads, front discs, clutch plate, tyres, etc as I move beyond that 40k mark which will happen in an year since I’m currently at 38K on the ODO. That was also one of the reasons to look at Hexa because with all these expenses it wouldn’t make sense to sell the car in less than a year but rather to hold on to it for another 2-3 years. That doesn’t comfort me looking at the ever deteriorating traffic and road conditions in Bangalore (the roads will open up again as the elections conclude on May 12th and will remain that way for months / years) and using my manual on the XUV. Minus the bumper to bumper traffic it’s a very satisfying experience.

However I can use the car even more infrequently for another 10-12 months to save some of the expenses above, if indeed the H7X is coming out in mid-2019.

But –

1. I don’t know by then as we approach close to 2020 what will be the resale value of a 2014 BS-IV 2.2l diesel XUV? It has already slumped by a bit due to the new 2018 XUV. Will I end up taking a bit hit on the resale price by mid / end of next year due to BS-VI introduction?

2. Using my car infrequently can be managed until mid-next year but not more. Going out more infrequently and using OLA / Uber despite having a vehicle till mid next year itself will be a stretch for the family, but I think it’s somewhat manageable. I wish I didn’t have so many conflicting timelines about the H7X – some say it is 2-3 years away, some say it’s less than a year. The variance is not like a couple of months but more than 1 to 1.5 years, hence very confusing. It’s a curveball indeed.

3. Even though H7X will get the Fiat engine doing duty in Compass, based on recent announcements from TML in media, we might get a BS VI fuel compliant engine for H7X via upgradation of the same engine. Whereas Hexa’s ageing engine’s mileage may come down further including some hiccups unknown due to switching from BS IV to BS VI fuel. I would love to know from the experts what do they think about Hexa’s future after BS-VI introduction.

4. Today the XTA stands at approx. 17.5 ex-showroom Bangalore. If H7X top model with AT will be anything beyond 21 ex-showroom, I will have to drop the idea. While I can stretch the budget, I’m still hesitant to put so many bucks on a M&M or Tata vehicle. If it were the bullet proof Endy, Fortuner, etc. it would have made sense to stretch the budget. Plus I anyhow change cars by 4-5 years and don’t end with lakhs on the ODO anyway. Spending too much on a car is not justified for me. Buying car for me is more of a heart decision vs mind but I somewhere will have to draw a line. H5X is supposed to come in 12-16 ex-showroom range. Really curious what price band will H7X fall into with a more powerful engine and extra 2 seats? Some have said in the range of base Endy / Mahindra Rexton while some feel it will be close to the new 2018 XUV. That’s again a big variance of speculation – 7-10 lakhs approx.

5. I’m guessing the last row of seats in Hexa will still have more space vs the H7X given their dimensions, quarter glass size, segment (true blue SUV vs a crossover / MPV). Any comments?

6. With so much reduced attention from dealers to sell the Hexa vs a Tiago / Tigor / Nexon, am I betting too much on TATA’s after sale service? In my case as well I feel like I’m given a favor via the responses from the dealer to my enquiries about the Hexa. I must say I’m pretty satisfied with Mahindra’s ASS. Though not the best in business they make you feel valued and still try their best to their caliber. 4-5 years down the line given the current stature of Hexa how do you guys extrapolate the resale value of Hexa? How much should I expect to loose additional on Hexa vs a XUV considering XUV commands better resale value than Hexa (at least that’s what I have heard everywhere).

In the meanwhile I wish I could see a 7 seater Hexa and test the last row space in person and experience in the middle row. The showroom hasn’t been able to arrange a 7 seater for my inspection yet.
Old 11th May 2018, 18:41   #4115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I have multiple TD from Tafe Access both in AT & AWD. mostly it depends upon the sales guy whom you've reached.
If you are still interested, please message me, i'll share my known sales rep from Tafe Access. hope he will help you on arranging a TD.
I too plan to have another round of TD coming weeks before finalizing Hexa
Please do share me the Sales rep # from Tafe. Meanwhile I managed to reach both TAFE & VST, upon discussions they had promised to provide me a test drive vehicle at my place. If they don't turn around, I can speak to him & get that organised. Somehow my interest in XUV is fading away, though I enjoyed the beast in excess of 1.5L kms. Hence hanging around with getting a test drive of Hexa.
Old 12th May 2018, 13:54   #4116
BHPian

To those few wondering how the Automatic would fare compared to a 4X4, here's a video of one crossing a river flowing at a rather good speed. It was risky on their part to cross it with family inside:-

Ps: I wish folks who call it an MUV watch it!
Infact, there's a video series called tame the terrain which is worth a watch.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 12th May 2018 at 14:00.
abhi7013 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 10:49   #4117
BHPian

Quote:
"Sorry saar, we could not arrange test drive today
That's really bad customer service. Immediately contact tata motors. You can just chat too and they are very responsive. My experience has been the total opposite. Took 9 test drives and they were there on time every time. Its a dealer related issue. As i said speak to tata motors.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 11:17   #4118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Googled to pick the latest number & ended up on another TBHP thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ata-manza.html

Meanwhile as you pointed out, I keep getting follow up calls from Mahindra & Toyota.
Dealer experience is just extremely bad here in chennai, either they don't give the standard discount or they don't offer good service! Do try Gurudev motors near Koyambedu.

At some point I almost gave up the plan of getting a TATA and started looking for used cars from segments above,automatic petrol within 7L mark was my requirement, thankfully gave myself a day to think about and booked a Tigor XZA at KLN Guindy.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 21:33   #4119
Senior - BHPian

Managed to do an extensive test drive yesterday and thanks to Karthik for giving me an efficient contact . I specifically asked for top end manual, as it got ESP which I feel is an important feature to me. I covered different terrains during the long test drive and was overall impressed.

First and most important is the comfort of those seats as it hold you nicely & on firmer side.Without a doubt covering distances with this beast will be much easier, not just for driver, but also for passengers. Everyone credit HEXA for its ride quality and I experienced why it gets all those praises.

I didn’t liked the way the car accelerated on those empty stretches, only to find out it’s on some comfort or eco mode. Switched it to Dynamic mode and it was pulling nicely. But I feel XUV is much peppier and reaches high speeds with less effort. I was comfortable with steering at most of the speeds with a slight vagueness at certain points. Braking was not effective, not sure if it’s specific to that test drive car...pedal travel was too long.

Notchy gears & slightly long travel clutch pedals are not to my liking. Also there is no or too tight space to rest the left foot next to clutch pedal.

Iam sliding away from the manual transmission primarily due to the above factors. Have to take AT variant for a similar test drive compromising ESP. Is there any 4x4 features that will be missing from the AT variant?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-1.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-2.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-3.jpeg  

Old 13th May 2018, 21:34   #4120
BHPian

Tata Hexa : Official Review

Day before yesterday came back from a 2300kms trip on my hexa xta. The trip was from Gulbarga - Hyderabad - Bangalore - kancheepuram -mahabalipuram - Bangalore - gulbarga.
The ride was flawless and the car picks up speed in no time and speeds are masked really well with only some wind noise post 100kmph creeping into the cabin. The automatic transmission is butter smooth indeed. The only sore point was the hindered ride quality due to updated tyre pressure. I have managed only 10k on odo in the last 10 months of its purchase.

Last edited by Vikvkv : 13th May 2018 at 21:36.
Vikvkv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 22:07   #4121
BHPian

Quote:
Iam sliding away from the manual transmission primarily due to the above factors. Have to take AT variant for a similar test drive compromising ESP. Is there any 4x4 features that will be missing from the AT variant?
ESP & TC (blunder by tata!), Hillhold (autobox doesn't really need it i guess), no 4x4 in auto, and no driving modes either. Rest should be the same.
Raghav_K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 22:39   #4122
BHPian

Quote:

First and most important is the comfort of those seats as it hold you nicely & on firmer side.Without a doubt covering distances with this beast will be much easier, not just for driver, but also for passengers. Everyone credit HEXA for its ride quality and I experienced why it gets all those praises.

Notchy gears & slightly long travel clutch pedals are not to my liking. Also there is no or too tight space to rest the left foot next to clutch pedal.

Seating comfort: can vouch for it. As I had posted earlier, after a non stop 16 hour drive, there was no discomfort at all, for all occupants including me (driver).
Brakes - agree I too had that feeling initially, but functionally it does the job well.
Modes - auto or dynamic works. Comfort - used it only during run in and it's sluggish.
Driver foot well - practically didn't have any issue, but left knee rubs with the dash (as in very less room.there).

These are my observations after 9 months and 18.3k on odo.
tifosikrishna is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 15:57   #4123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
ESP & TC (blunder by tata!), Hillhold (autobox doesn't really need it i guess), no 4x4 in auto, and no driving modes either. Rest should be the same.
Quote:
• Automatic variant unavailable with AWD, ESP & super drive modes
Somehow I was under the impression that AWD is available in AT variant. Never it was so difficult before to choose a car. The easy choice, make it very tough to stretch (Endy) - Looks like the wait has to start for XUV700, CRV or introduction of these missing features in HEXA AT variant
Old 16th May 2018, 03:41   #4124

Hi All, I'm based in Hyderabad and looking at the Hexa XTA. What is an acceptable range of discount for a 2017 Dec XTA? Should I be looking at a 5 month old vehicle or pick a new one instead?
Here is the deal I've been offered:
The dealer is waving off the entire Insurance (71202)+ Exchange Bonus (7500) + Corp Discount (3000) + AMC for 1 year & EW for the 4th year (worth 15000) + 2017 Car Discount (30000) = 126702 off the On-Road Price of 2107379.
Old 16th May 2018, 06:19   #4125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHorse View Post
Hi All, I'm based in Hyderabad and looking at the Hexa XTA. What is an acceptable range of discount for a 2017 Dec XTA? Should I be looking at a 5 month old vehicle or pick a new one instead?
Here is the deal I've been offered:
The dealer is waving off the entire Insurance (71202)+ Exchange Bonus (7500) + Corp Discount (3000) + AMC for 1 year & EW for the 4th year (worth 15000) + 2017 Car Discount (30000) = 126702 off the On-Road Price of 2107379.
Hi, I cannot tell you about the discount that you should be getting on a Dec 2017 Hexa. Other members can help you on this. But I would like to advise you to go a for a latest model. Buying a 5 months old car which was lying at the dealer's yard is not a very wise decision because -:

1) You don't know whether it was used to ferry people around or not. We have seen many videos that new cars just before their delivery are being used as taxi.

2) It must have been standing under the sun, rain throughout those 5 months. So all this I think takes a toll on the shine and paint of the car.

3) It might have been used to give Test Drive to interested buyers.

4) Its quite possible that there might be some small parts missing from the car.

Its better to buy a brand new vehicle and have peace of mind rather than buying an old vehicle which might give you problems later on and you might never have that peace of mind throughout your ownership.

Regards

Last edited by manson : 16th May 2018 at 15:52. Reason: Typo.
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks