Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2018, 16:30   #4141

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Friends, I note additional problems with the Air Conditioning. The blowers on the pillars in the middle row, do not blow in cold air. As a result, the part of the car beyond the drivers segment, never gets adequately cooled.
TASS asks for the car to be left for some days with them for them to do a thorough check. I remain hesitant as it has been my experience with other cars that once you leave your car to be attended by the service personnel, they may attend to the compliant, but leave the car with few others, for which you need to keep returning to the service center. Additionally, while getting the car serviced and the AC checked up for a reduced performance, fo rthe lack of gas, I realised that TML has to ensure an even higher level of training of personnel to handle cars of HEXA class. Normally, I try to ensure that all the components that are dismantled, get reinstated with proper fittings, so that rattles and weird noise does not surface. So, I have wait for a week end when, I am available.
Unfortunately, this car has problems with the complete AC system - its the XMA variant. Ideally, I would like to ask TML to replace the complete AC system - request advice if this is feasible and if so, to whom, in TML should I write?

Note for prospective Hexa buyers: Do not get discouraged by such deficiencies - they can occur in any manufactured unit and I am sure of support from TML in getting it resolved. However, taking into consideration the issues that get mentioned in this forum, please be more emphatic at the PDI stage (I did not get this checked while taking the delivery).
Hexa remains an excellent car to drive and the ride quality, up to speeds of ~ 120 kmph is perhaps the best in its segment.
ac3112 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 18:33   #4142
BHPian

Which city are you located in? As you said, it requires knowledgeable folks to work on. Maybe members from your city can help guide you to the best service center.
Old 20th May 2018, 21:04   #4143

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Which city are you located in? As you said, it requires knowledgeable folks to work on. Maybe members from your city can help guide you to the best service center.
Thanks Abhi.
My city is Ahmedabad. Indeed, would be greatly helped, if members from Ahmedabad could help. However, I believe, I have approached the most well equipped workshop (Progressive), though not so confident about the training and experience.
The problem is sever with the middle row and that's something strange.
Considering that the AC itself has a leak in the cooling circuit (possibly a small leak - refer an earlier post) and has this present issue - can TML be asked to replace the complete AC system?
Old 20th May 2018, 22:42   #4144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3112 View Post
Thanks Abhi.
My city is Ahmedabad. Indeed, would be greatly helped, if members from Ahmedabad could help. However, I believe, I have approached the most well equipped workshop (Progressive), though not so confident about the training and experience.
The problem is sever with the middle row and that's something strange.
Considering that the AC itself has a leak in the cooling circuit (possibly a small leak - refer an earlier post) and has this present issue - can TML be asked to replace the complete AC system?
Tried sending you a pm but couldn't. Are you in one of our telegram owner's groups?
Old 21st May 2018, 12:23   #4145
BHPian

http://www.autobics.com/2018/05/tata...kdesigns-2018/

Interesting rendering. Really hope TATA sees this, develops and badges it as a Safari!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 13:50   #4146
BHPian

Wow! That really does look sick.

I imagine it might even go some way to rectifying the Hexa's profile in our image-conscious market where square-ish SUV looks (no matter how ugly) = Prestige and MUVish looks (no matter how handsome like the Hexa) = Taxi.

But what I'm really interested in is the prospect of another lifestyle pick-up in our market. For all the good and the bad in the V-Cross, the styling sticks out as the sorest thumb for me (personal preference) - so I'd love to have an alternative. This might be the next best thing to a Ranger Raptor (which I know will probably never come to India).
Old 21st May 2018, 15:04   #4147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Interesting rendering. Really hope TATA sees this, develops and badges it as a Safari!
That rendering is done BHpian SRK you know.

Here's a link to his other work.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4356602
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 18:26   #4148

Quote:
Tried sending you a pm but couldn't. Are you in one of our telegram owner's groups?
Joined today. I have messaged you there.
Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 10:51   #4149
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey, thanks for sharing.
This was done by me.
I think the Safari name should be reserved for a more 4x4/offroad focused SUV. This could be called as Cliffrider just like the original concept was named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
Wow! That really does look sick.

I imagine it might even go some way to rectifying the Hexa's profile in our image-conscious market where square-ish SUV looks (no matter how ugly) = Prestige and MUVish looks (no matter how handsome like the Hexa) = Taxi.

But what I'm really interested in is the prospect of another lifestyle pick-up in our market. For all the good and the bad in the V-Cross, the styling sticks out as the sorest thumb for me (personal preference) - so I'd love to have an alternative. This might be the next best thing to a Ranger Raptor (which I know will probably never come to India).
Glad to know you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
That rendering is done BHpian SRK you know.

Here's a link to his other work.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4356602
Yes! this was created by me.
SRK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 15:44   #4150
BHPian

Update: Similar to what Abhi had reported, our car too has issue with cooling. It has happened thrice in last one week where blower/fan would work but no cooling effect. One similarity i found in all the three instances were high ambient temperature. Yesterday, when it happened, temperature reading was 44c. In all three occasions AC started working perfectly after restarting the car (yesterday I had to do it more than 3 to 4 times).
Old 23rd May 2018, 16:55   #4151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Update: Similar to what Abhi had reported, our car too has issue with cooling. It has happened thrice in last one week where blower/fan would work but no cooling effect. One similarity i found in all the three instances were high ambient temperature. Yesterday, when it happened, temperature reading was 44c. In all three occasions AC started working perfectly after restarting the car (yesterday I had to do it more than 3 to 4 times).
Actually my car was cooling fine. The issue was blower turning off even though the display showed the blower speed and temperature. The problem was identified as a loose contact with the resistor which was replaced under warranty. There were no issues with cooling though.
Old 23rd May 2018, 16:59   #4152
BHPian

Quote:
Actually my car was cooling fine. The issue was blower turning off even though the display showed the blower speed and temperature. The problem was identified as a loose contact with the resistor which was replaced under warranty. There were no issues with cooling though.
Yes, I got that and that's why I mentioned it as similar (as in, it was sporadic) . But this I don't know, may be some sensor issue (wild guess). Spoke to technical guy from my regular service centre and he asked me whether if there were any error display in AC screen, there were none. Not sure what the issue is.
Old 23rd May 2018, 21:51   #4153
BHPian

Finally got side steps installed on Hexa. Purchased them from Tata dealer itself as the quality of these side steps is superb. Aftermarket ones were not at all good. I wanted black side steps only as they look much better and sort of merge with the side cladding. All in all I'm impressed with the quality and the way they look. They cost me 14k. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-exif_temp_image.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_8162.jpg  

HappyRoadie is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2018, 22:45   #4154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Finally got side steps installed on Hexa. Purchased them from Tata dealer itself as the quality of these side steps is superb. Aftermarket ones were not at all good. I wanted black side steps only as they look much better and sort of merge with the side cladding. All in all I'm impressed with the quality and the way they look. They cost me 14k. Here are some pics.
It looks good and this model is wider than rest of the models and purpose of side steps is fulfilled for sure. Other models are just an ornamental IMO with narrower steps.
This model used to fixed little lower than other models.
Please share the GC details before and after the installation. Hope you've measured it.

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2018 at 20:16. Reason: Typos.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 07:24   #4155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Looks very nice and flush fitted. at 14k its very well priced for what it offers. There is a large opportunity for car makers and dealers to price their accessories reasonably and earn additional income because most buyers would prefer company fitment as long as it serves the purpose and is at a reasonable premium to after market.

Have you considered painting the wheels smoke grey ?

Most Viewed