Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2018, 06:33   #4231
BHPian

What @roby_dk means is that the wipers are stuck in that position... they are not operating. They remain parked at the bottom of the glass and not the way its shown in the picture. Yes civic too had similar wipers and they are mighty effective.
Gary_Aviator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 12:42   #4232
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I spotted something like this on road. Look at the wipers is this a kind of mod or an issue that wipers are stuck in this position. Looking funny.

They should not be stuck there. Definitely something blew away (Fuse, motor, broken arm etc). They should rest at the bottom of windshield. Just like setup in center (of attached image)

However, this setup (mod/issue as you mention - NOM), does comes in some of the cars. Please refer the attached image. (Source Wikipedia). Aria & Hexa do not have this setup, unless tata came up with some hidden upgrade

On a lighter note ; Wipers may be protesting the delayed monsoon (or lack of it).

Tata Hexa : Official Review-wiper.jpg

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 4th July 2018 at 12:44.
saurabh2711 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 12:47   #4233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_Aviator View Post
What @roby_dk means is that the wipers are stuck in that position... they are not operating. They remain parked at the bottom of the glass and not the way its shown in the picture. Yes civic too had similar wipers and they are mighty effective.
Correct operation wise that is fine. My point is either something went wrong with electronics due to which they are stuck or this has been done intentionally to increase the cool quotient of the owner which doesn't look so cool.
Old 4th July 2018, 15:08   #4234

https://www.cartoq.com/tata-hexa-res...-a-boss-video/
Old 4th July 2018, 16:44   #4235
srh
BHPian

The benefit of the alternate configuration is that the run down water after the wipe goes down the edges. In the common configuration, the run down water from the left wiper goes down the middle of the wind shield - I find that really irritating.
srh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 22:29   #4236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
The benefit of the alternate configuration is that the run down water after the wipe goes down the edges. In the common configuration, the run down water from the left wiper goes down the middle of the wind shield - I find that really irritating.
But that looks so uncool.. And it might be affecting vision while driving
Old 6th July 2018, 08:27   #4237
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_Aviator View Post
But that looks so uncool.. And it might be affecting vision while driving
I am comparing on fig 1 and fig 2. Haven't ever seem anything like fig 3. Even the Hexa doesn't have the configuration from fig 3, it most likely a case where the wipers stopped working in that position.
Old 6th July 2018, 17:12   #4238
BHPian

Came across this video of sunroof installation in Hexa. I don't agree with the views of the presenter that it is completely safe etc. Those support beams are there to provide rigidity to the roof. IMO sunroof is a purely cosmetic feature, I will prefer a strong roof over it any day.

PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 17:54   #4239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Came across this video of sunroof installation in Hexa. I don't agree with the views of the presenter that it is completely safe etc. Those support beams are there to provide rigidity to the roof. IMO sunroof is a purely cosmetic feature, I will prefer a strong roof over it any day.
Absolutely agree. Those beams are there for a reason. Structural rigidity in these superstructures is like a 'shell'. You weaken it at one point and it has an impact on the entire structure.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 22:49   #4240

Booked the XMA in Arizona Blue for 16.78 OTR with extended warranty. Test drove the XUV 5OO too, and I am mighty impressed with the car, and with the kind of equipment the XUV comes for the price tag, the wise thing would have been to book the XUV! But had the eyes set on the Hexa for far too long, and so Hexa it is! Delivery expected in around 10 days.
JourneyMan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 15:32   #4241
BMK

Did 2000 km trip over 4 days on 5K old XE - 80% of the drive was on 4 lane NH.
Overall experience was boring. It did not complain nor missed a heart beat. It just kept doing what is expected of it when I asked it !

Mostly maintained 80-110. Pushed it a little more for a short while (empty stretch :-)), it was well behaved, no jitters with steering - very well planted feel.

Weaving through trucks at 80+ never gave a feel of rear end stepping out.

Only complaint is @ 100+ engine is at 2300+ rpm and gets a bit noisy. This is where I felt the need for 6 gear.
Sweet spot is below 2000rpm, which I believe XM+ can do on 6th gear.
Power was still available on tap, could confidently overtake any other vehicle moving at that speed.
Mileage was between 13-14 (tankfull method) with 100% AC. Display was always optimistic by 1km!

Drive comfort was good, nothing to complain over single stretch drive* of ~9 hr (including a breakfast break) covering ~700 km.
Only complaint from passengers was the seats could have been bit softer. Have stock seats with no cover yet. Need to figure out something.

All in all value for money truck (at sedan price) which can carry family in comfort.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th July 2018 at 06:03. Reason: Mention of overspeeding edited out
BMK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 23:43   #4242
BHPian

A close friend of mine recently took delivery of a Arizona Blue XTA. He took me for a drive this evening. Thoroughly impressed with the car. There is something truly impressive about the black upholstery. It seems to be really well done. Superb quality, taut and beautifully stitched. Looks really premium.

Now, one issue. He has done about 500 KMS so far. He says his cabin lights go on/off and the door locks/unlocks every time he takes a bump or hits a pothole at speed. Looks like a faulty or loose door lock sensor somewhere. Told him to take it to TAFE (the dealer here) when he finds time.

Has anyone else here faced the same issue?
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 06:37   #4243
BHPian

I have faced it once and found out that my boot was not closed properly. Closing the boot properly solved the issue for me.
Gary_Aviator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 09:33   #4244
BMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
A close friend of mine recently took delivery of a Arizona Blue XTA. He took me for a drive this evening. Thoroughly impressed with the car. There is something truly impressive about the black upholstery. It seems to be really well done. Superb quality, taut and beautifully stitched. Looks really premium.

Now, one issue. He has done about 500 KMS so far. He says his cabin lights go on/off and the door locks/unlocks every time he takes a bump or hits a pothole at speed. Looks like a faulty or loose door lock sensor somewhere. Told him to take it to TAFE (the dealer here) when he finds time.

Has anyone else here faced the same issue?
I have faced exactly the same issue once. The cause was rear boot door not properly shut, there are 2 shut levels. The display did not show it as open.
BMK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 22:44   #4245
BHPian

Pretty much set my eyes on Hexa XT now. It has been brought out in this thread and other reviews, there is an issue about 19 inch wheels with low profile tyres and the bumpy rides +cost factor (when replacing).

Out of curiosity i began a search for 19 inches replacements. Amazon, Michelin, Yokohama - no website seems to stock this size. Yokohama has max of 18 inches. That means tyre /wheel replacement is not only going to be costly, but also pretty difficult to source. Amazon has some stock costing upwards of 20k a piece!!

My questions now :-
Is it possible/ advisable to downsize (to 16 inches like in xe/xm) at the time of delivery - without voiding the warranty.

As discussed in this thread, are the suspensions actually built to withstand the stress due to low profile and large size tyres?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks