Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2018, 12:42   #4291
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
Some folks who are exposed to ABS for the first time find the jerking of the ABS mechanism (especially on wet roads) unsettling and think that the braking has to be smooth always and that it is not working properly. That may be what your guy faced.
This guy was a Tata engineer who happened to get involved in addressing the reported issue. Possible that it was not taking place on regular basis and works well in most cases.
Old 9th August 2018, 11:57   #4292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
I had a few questions on these items.

Where do you secure the Cargo Net around the boot area. I am looking to get the same, but don't know where the hooks will go.
The Cable organizer are stuck on with 3M tape?
For the cargo net, the buckles are screwed into the plastic panel. Two at each corner of the boot, and two next to where the backrests are positioned, when you fold the third row down. Use gaffer tape or some such to damp out any vibrations of the metal bits.

These particular cable organisers do say 3M on the back of the double-sided adhesive tapes, but I don't believe them. Use the sticky stuff from 3M directly.
Old 12th August 2018, 22:09   #4293
BHPian

Is there any review or opinion on the XMA? It's a good 3 lakhs less expensive and probably rides better than the XTA given the higher profile tires. What are the best prices that one is getting the XMA for?
Old 13th August 2018, 20:42   #4294
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-lon...-report-409151

Folks at Autocar India are really happy with the Hexa. Good to see that Hexa is faring well in the long run as well.
nvldvr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 13:22   #4295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Is there any review or opinion on the XMA? It's a good 3 lakhs less expensive and probably rides better than the XTA given the higher profile tires. What are the best prices that one is getting the XMA for?
Usually the Official Car Reviews are based on cars provided officially by the manufacturers, irrespective of the reviewing agency. And here the game is most of the times (read all the times!) only the highest model is provided for obvious reasons so that the vehicle in question appear more appealing to the prospects (except automobile enthusiasts, most of the reviews are read by the prospective customers).

However, most important things are intact across the versions; whether it is , ride, handling, efficiency etc (if engine/transmission same). What usually differ are safety features (unfortunately, but the Yaris may start a new trend), AVN/ICE, Seats, Wheels, Air-conditioning features etc along with plethora of gizmos. In any case for different transmission system there are different reviews.

Different models need special comments when engine, wheels, control/safety (ESP, ABS etc) and some other important features (e.g. HVAC) are different. In my opinion, for different engines there are/should be mention on the same separately. Other things can be understood. Like, XMA tyre due to extra rubber can give you better ride (how much better over an already sorted out ride may be a question though.)

And our Team BHP reviews are really detailed
Old 14th August 2018, 23:32   #4296

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
We brought home the XMA for 16.78 lakhs otr. Considering, the XTA apart from the cruise control, curtain airbags and fog lamps gets mostly the cosmetic updates(the 19 inchers and
the fog lamps with drl do enhance the looks manifold) 3 lakhs difference is a bit too much. The choice to make for me was actually between the XT and XMA (where ESP with roll over mitigation and safety features come into play), guess we wanted an Auto.
I will not be able to comment on the comparative ride quality, but stand alone the XMA rides very well, the car negotiates almost everything the urban jungle throws at it with utmost ease.
For the automatic transmission: with the small amount of time I had with the car never felt the lack of power I was dreading going with an automatic, it senses the pressure applied to the clutch pedal and the gear change is delayed giving that extra power when needed!

Good luck choosing!
JourneyMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 17:18   #4297

Friends,
I have got the Team-BHP membership and very happy about it.

I have booked for Hexa XE variant (Tungsten Silver) and waiting for delivery which is planned towards the end of August. I am looking for suggestions on what type of reverse camera set would be good in terms of usability and durability: IRVM Vs small TFT screen at the corner of the dashboard? The dealer is offering the TFT screen type set (Tata accessory) as part of free accessories along with the carpets.

I will be writing the process of my buying decision (that lasted for almost 18 months) some time later. In summary, shortlisted Crysta, Hexa and XUV500 (all manual variants) as final contenders and came down to Crysta Vs Hexa. The back-to-back test drives using the Zoomcar Hexa manual and Innova test drive vehicle helped me in making the final decision to go with Hexa, primarily based on the smoothness of the clutch & gear combination in these vehicles which were run for 20,000+ kms each.

Friends, I have booked Hexa XE (Tungsten silver) and the delivery is planned for end of August. I am looking for suggestions on the type of reverse camera set for XE variant between IRVM based model Vs TFT screen model on the dashboard corner. Which would be good from usability and durability perspectives ?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th August 2018 at 18:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
vnselvaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 17:40   #4298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnselvaraj View Post
I am looking for suggestions on what type of reverse camera set would be good in terms of usability and durability: IRVM Vs small TFT screen at the corner of the dashboard?
I would suggest going in for the IRVM type. Reason is to reduce the amount of clutter on the dashboard as far as possible. An additional TFT will always look like an after market fitment, whereas a hook on type IRVM based one will always be discrete and only need to be used when you need it. There could be other things you would like to add later, like a dashcam for instance. So one less item to hinder your view. My 2 cents.

Edit: You can buy, online, Android based IRVM reverse cameras with dashcam, GPS navigation, Bluetooth telephony and some other useless features incorporated into one unit. You can do most of the fitting and wiring yourself depending on how much of a DIY guy you are, except may be some professional help to fix and power up the reverse camera. These things are powered from the 12 volt socket, so no need to cut any wires. They are not very expensive either. Check it out and if you find it interesting, ask your dealer to exchange the offer for TFT screen and reverse camera for some other useful accessory. Infact, if you end up buying one of these things, you could request the dealer to fit it for you.

Last edited by SCORPION : 15th August 2018 at 18:07.
SCORPION is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 07:33   #4299

Hi All,

Thanks for all your inputs! I have just brought home my XTA blue.
(Also retaining my old Honda City for now.)

Plan to take the XTA to Tanjavur this weekend.

Sales guy told me not to cross 80kmph till 1st service. Is it absolute mandatory?

Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_0042.jpg  

cruisecontrol is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 08:17   #4300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecontrol View Post
Sales guy told me not to cross 80kmph till 1st service. Is it absolute mandatory?

Congratulations,, looks nice in this colour. I guess this is the most popular colour for the Hexa.

I do not see the 80 kmph as the issue. Be gentle on the throttle, on the highway it is advisable that you vary the rpm and not just stick to a particular band.

All the best.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 11:19   #4301

I heard from my SA that there will be removal / deletion of few features across the Hexa variants. The following are the list of those features that I am informed of:
XE: removal of the tweeters, 2nd row socket and 2nd row sun-blind
XM/XMA: removal of 2nd row socket, Engine cover, Goggle case, 2nd row seat fabric will be same as XE, skid plates will be in Ebony black color
XT/XTA: removal of roof rails and 3rd row socket

These changes are effective from the models manufactured from July 2018 on-wards.

Incidentally, I read in ET that Tata Motors is taking-up cost cutting measures to improve the operating margin along with price hike. Not sure, whether the above exercise is related to this news.
Old 16th August 2018, 11:56   #4302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard from my SA that there will be removal / deletion of few features across the Hexa variants. The following are the list of those features that I am informed of:
XM/XMA: removal of 2nd row socket, Engine cover, Goggle case, 2nd row seat fabric will be same as XE, skid plates will be in Ebony black color

These changes are effective from the models manufactured from July 2018 on-wards.

Incidentally, I read in ET that Tata Motors is taking-up cost cutting measures to improve the operating margin along with price hike. Not sure, whether the above exercise is related to this news.
A look at the Brochure on the Hexa website confirms such deletions in the lineup (Link - https://hexa.tatamotors.com/assets/i...a_Brochure.pdf)

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 16th August 2018 at 11:56. Reason: Added more details
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 12:10   #4303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Making preparations to launch XZ variant? Though we haven't heard of any news, this could be possible as Hexa is in market close to 2 years now.
Old 18th August 2018, 11:28   #4304

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
A look at the Brochure on the Hexa website confirms such deletions in the lineup (Link - https://hexa.tatamotors.com/assets/i...a_Brochure.pdf)
Here I am going through this thread page by page, post by post, for the last few days and Tata pulls a fast one. Anyways, I don't think the 3rd-row charging point will be missed but the roof rails, they add character and cost at bit actually. According to my SA 16k.

Since I don't see any chance of an XTA with ESP/TCS/HDC coming anytime soon, will have to probably settle for the current XTA. Someone I know got in touch with someone they know and it seems there are no planned changes to the Hexa lineup until next year.
nav2111 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2018, 11:11   #4305

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav2111 View Post
Here I am going through this thread page by page, post by post, for the last few days and Tata pulls a fast one. Anyways, I don't think the 3rd-row charging point will be missed but the roof rails, they add character and cost at bit actually. According to my SA 16k.

Since I don't see any chance of an XTA with ESP/TCS/HDC coming anytime soon, will have to probably settle for the current XTA. Someone I know got in touch with someone they know and it seems there are no planned changes to the Hexa lineup until next year.
I agree that the roof-rails add character to the vehicle and fitting outside the factory may not be that good. If you want the roof-rails and 3rd row charging points, you can check with different dealers for the June manufactured vehicle which has these features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks