Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2018, 14:07   #4321
BHPian

The car has been registered, and the delivery for tomorrow is on track. Will share the complete experience later in Sep (have an arm fracture so hard to type much with one hand). Thanks BHPians for the inputs, great help.
iamrightnow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 14:12   #4322
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hello Fellow Hexa Owners,

Can someone please confirm the rear and front tire pressures on the 16" for a single user. Actually I'm not based in India and my wife is unable to trace the manual at home. Thanks for all the help.

Happy Hexa Riding!

Last edited by aah78 : 7th September 2018 at 17:05. Reason: Post fixed.
Old 2nd September 2018, 17:55   #4323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post

Can someone please confirm the rear and front tire pressures on the 16" for a single user. Actually I'm not based in India and my wife is unable to trace the manual at home. Thanks for all the help.

Happy Hexa Riding!
Don't have a Hexa. However, shouldn't there be a yellow sticker on the door rim of the drivers door mentioning the correct air pressures. All my Tata vehicles had that.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th September 2018 at 17:05. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
Old 2nd September 2018, 21:23   #4324

Got the vehicle delivered on Friday and have driven 150 km so far, mostly in heavy Bangalore city traffic. The engine is very smooth and do not feel like driving a diesel engine (owning a Maruti petrol also). Realized most of the appreciative comments added by the members in this thread. There were couple of minor issues that were rectified by the technicians in Prerana service center, promptly.

Have an observation that there is a condensation at the corner of the headlamps and the fog-lamps when driven in city traffic (1st to 3rd gear with AC on) continuously for 2 hrs or so (no rain and no water washing done). This goes away after few hours. When I checked with the service center they said that this is normal and would go away after some time. Did any of you have this observation and what could be the reason for this condensation (when there is no rain / water wash)?
vnselvaraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 21:55   #4325

Quote:

Happy Hexa Riding!
For 16 inchers, 34 psi on all the tyres for laden and unladen vehicle both.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th September 2018 at 17:05. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
JourneyMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 11:32   #4326
BHPian

Took delivery of pearl white Hexa XTA on Sunday (Sep 2). Sharing few pics of the small delivery ceremony KHT Motors did. The delivery was on-time. The documentation was in place (apart from extended warranty cover note, which I received via email yesterday). Kuvin (the guy in blue t-shirt who is handing over the big symbolic key) took about 30 min to explain everything, and then off we were with our Hexa. Will share more pics, entire sales/delivery experience, and above all, Hexa's performance....once my POP comes off this weekend. Cannot type much with one hand. Funny that my son was more interested in the big key and insisted that we get to take that home as well
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180902_113523.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180902_112432.jpg  

Last edited by iamrightnow : 4th September 2018 at 11:51.
iamrightnow is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 12:37   #4327
BHPian

Quote:

Happy Hexa Riding!
36 PSI for a single user will do just fine. There is a yellow sticker on the A pillar, on the driver's side calling out the proper values.

As for the app, you can get it from Google Play Store, if you are using an Android. This will get you there.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th September 2018 at 17:06. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
thedragonreborn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 22:34   #4328
BHPian

So, finally the wait is over for us and the beast made an entry to our house. Arizona blue. Driving through the congested city traffic and the wonderful clutch placement (that's sarcastic) did dampen the spirit a little. Specially moving up from a smaller Jazz, it would take a little getting used to.

That's not to say we are not excited though. Time to celebrate - tomorrow!
cpyder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 23:25   #4329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnselvaraj View Post
Got the vehicle delivered on Friday and have driven 150 km so far, mostly in heavy Bangalore city traffic. The engine is very smooth and do not feel like driving a diesel engine (owning a Maruti petrol also). Realized most of the appreciative comments added by the members in this thread. There were couple of minor issues that were rectified by the technicians in Prerana service center, promptly.

Have an observation that there is a condensation at the corner of the headlamps and the fog-lamps when driven in city traffic (1st to 3rd gear with AC on) continuously for 2 hrs or so (no rain and no water washing done). This goes away after few hours. When I checked with the service center they said that this is normal and would go away after some time. Did any of you have this observation and what could be the reason for this condensation (when there is no rain / water wash)?
Congratulations. Wish you millions of happy miles and smiles. Let's keep this thread alive by sharing our experiences (good, bad, ugly) with our beauty and the beast (Hexa is both I guess). Ultimately, we all and potential customers benefit from it. I have been following this thread for past one year, and I cannot emphasize enough the importance of teambhp in my decision-making.
iamrightnow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 10:09   #4330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
So, finally the wait is over for us and the beast made an entry to our house. Arizona blue. Driving through the congested city traffic and the wonderful clutch placement (that's sarcastic) did dampen the spirit a little. Specially moving up from a smaller Jazz, it would take a little getting used to.

That's not to say we are not excited though. Time to celebrate - tomorrow!
Congratulations. Wish you millions of happy miles and smiles with your blue-eyed baby XT

I bought XTA just for that reason (pleasant city drive) but I know XT has its own very very strong points (safety and off-road perspective), which have tilted decision in its favor for many buyers. So I guess it's a trade off one has to live with happily.

I haven't been able to drive mine much as my cast is coming off tomorrow. Hexa is certainly not a vehicle you can drive with one hand so I cannot wait to take it for a long spin, hopefully next weekend.

Can anyone recommend a good steering wheel knob and a mobile holder (preferably vent one as the vacuum ones don't hold strong IMHO)? Thanks.
iamrightnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 11:29   #4331
Distinguished - BHPian

I bought an ELM327 adaptor from AliExpress and am using it to monitor vehicle parameters through Torque Lite app. It's an XTA

An interesting observation is that the intake air temperature stays at 55°C and above, and occasionally goes past 60°C in traffic. This is when outside temperatures are a cool 27-28 degrees with occasional rain. Isn't it too high for a vehicle with an intercooler?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot_20180904222640.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot_20180904222712.jpg  

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 5th September 2018 at 11:30.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 11:38   #4332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrightnow View Post
Hexa is certainly not a vehicle you can drive with one hand so I cannot wait to take it for a long spin, hopefully next weekend.
What do you mean by "drive with one hand"? I had a Safari DICOR for 6 years and I was happily driving with 1 hand, mostly left hand unless operating the Gear stick. While I manoeuvre with left hand, right hand takes rest
I am sure, Hexa would be a much better steaming experience.

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a good steering wheel knob and a mobile holder (preferably vent one as the vacuum ones don't hold strong IMHO)? Thanks.
Spend on a "quality" vacuum item, you can use it for life time. I usually hate the "vent" since I feel, it disturbs the air flow and bothers the look of it.
Old 5th September 2018, 13:09   #4333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
What do you mean by "drive with one hand"? I had a Safari DICOR for 6 years and I was happily driving with 1 hand, mostly left hand unless operating the Gear stick. While I manoeuvre with left hand, right hand takes rest
I am sure, Hexa would be a much better steaming experience.

Spend on a "quality" vacuum item, you can use it for life time. I usually hate the "vent" since I feel, it disturbs the air flow and bothers the look of it.
No, not with a fracture in left hand. At least, I wouldn't dare. On Blore roads, mostly the turns require 3-point turn so I would rather wait. But I agree that Hexa automatic is going to need just one hand barring turns.

I have used vacuum ones in past. They block the view plus nothing lasted more than 6 months. There are few vent magnet ones I saw on Amazon. Tiny, so much so that they are barely noticeable with great reviews. Let me know the quality vacuum one you are using or used. Maybe I will give it a shot.
iamrightnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 15:41   #4334
BHPian

Quote:
No, not with a fracture in left hand. At least, I wouldn't dare. On Blore roads, mostly the turns require 3-point turn so I would rather wait. But I agree that Hexa automatic is going to need just one hand barring turns.

I have used vacuum ones in past. They block the view plus nothing lasted more than 6 months. There are few vent magnet ones I saw on Amazon. Tiny, so much so that they are barely noticeable with great reviews. Let me know the quality vacuum one you are using or used. Maybe I will give it a shot.
Fracture? I wouldn't do it either with it. Take care.
Bangalore roads + 3 point turns is a "given" in most part of this city

My vacuum holder was bought in Singapore an year ago. So far, so good. No complains at all. Mine is a magnet one and there is no vibration on the phone even on bad roads. Its stuck on both the vacuum and the magnet ends pretty well.

Can you send me the link to the one [vent model, tiny] that you are referring to?

Prem.
Old 5th September 2018, 19:06   #4335
BHPian

Spigen Kuel Signature QS11 Air Vent :
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01M1I8N5F/..._5U9JBbP7D7FF3

Last edited by bblost : 5th September 2018 at 19:12. Reason: Added a description before url.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks