Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2018, 23:50   #4336
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrightnow View Post
Took delivery of pearl white Hexa XTA on Sunday (Sep 2). Sharing few pics of the small delivery ceremony KHT Motors did.
Congratulations for Hexa, It is indeed looking beautiful in white. Hope to see you soon without POP and enjoying your car, Get well soon.
Your car is having roof rail, As far as I know Tata has stopped giving this. I may be wrong or is it a part of accessory now, If it is then How much did you shell out extra for this.

Regards
Old 7th September 2018, 07:47   #4337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviatoraval View Post
Congratulations for Hexa, It is indeed looking beautiful in white. Hope to see you soon without POP and enjoying your car, Get well soon.
Thanks. The cast was removed yesterday, and now the real recovery starts. The car has roof rail as it is May model. You are right, July onwards manufactured Hexas don't have roof rail and the third row charging port. The roof rail cost is 35k+ if you purchase it as an accessory from Tata. Extremely weird and poor decision-making in the name of cost cutting by Tata to omit these in a car north of 20L. Also, when you consider missing ESP and few other safety features, now customers must think if they are getting the best bang for their bucks.

Last edited by ampere : 7th September 2018 at 07:52. Reason: compacted quoted post
iamrightnow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 08:48   #4338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
An interesting observation is that the intake air temperature stays at 55°C and above, and occasionally goes past 60°C in traffic. This is when outside temperatures are a cool 27-28 degrees with occasional rain. Isn't it too high for a vehicle with an intercooler?
Assuming that the higher air temperature must be set for reasons of better fuel combustion and thus, reduced emissions
Old 7th September 2018, 13:59   #4339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
FirstRay,where did you get the DRLs+fog lamps from?
Apologies for late reply, unfortunately these are not available any more
Old 7th September 2018, 14:41   #4340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me know the quality vacuum one you are using or used. Maybe I will give it a shot.
If you are looking for vacuum-type mobile holders, take a look at Bergmann.

I am using this one for last 2.5 years and it is still going strong - https://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Autom...0-0a3e4bbd130c

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 19:40   #4341
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. The cast was removed yesterday, and now the real recovery starts. The car has roof rail as it is May model. You are right, July onwards manufactured Hexas don't have roof rail and the third row charging port. The roof rail cost is 35k+ if you purchase it as an accessory from Tata. Extremely weird and poor decision-making in the name of cost cutting by Tata to omit these in a car north of 20L. Also, when you consider missing ESP and few other safety features, now customers must think if they are getting the best bang for their bucks.
35K+
Its as good as increasing the price of this machine by 35k, I'm sure there will be many who will not even realise this. This act from TML is not justified. If TML is sure that they are offering VFM then they could have done it openly. I think people who are in love with this machine will buy it anyway and people unaware or not concerned about this will have no opinion about this.
Aviatoraval is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 21:52   #4342
BHPian

Quote:
35K+
Its as good as increasing the price of this machine by 35k, I'm sure there will be many who will not even realise this. This act from TML is not justified. If TML is sure that they are offering VFM then they could have done it openly. I think people who are in love with this machine will buy it anyway and people unaware or not concerned about this will have no opinion about this.
Absolutely. It is not justified. Aria, a great product, flopped due to poor pricing/marketing/ASS. Hexa, an even better machine, could do it and change the game for TML but whoever at TML is making these decisions, cutting corners to reduce costs, is putting a great product at risk and worse impacting TML's image in the market. And despite cutting corners, the talk is that TML is going to jack up the prices. Seriously. It is not like removal of roof rail and third row charging point is going to make it significantly more profitable. As the saying goes, don't fix if it ain't broken. But TML seems to be breaking what was fixed. I am waiting for my left hand to regain its range of motion before I put my machine to some good use. I will start an ownership thread later this month. A big fan of Hexa but TML needs to think about why they launched Hexa in the first place before making these decisions, which won't help customers, snd hence the company.
iamrightnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 10:26   #4343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. It is not justified. Aria, a great product, flopped due to poor pricing/marketing/ASS. Hexa, an even better machine, could do it and change the game for TML but whoever at TML is making these decisions, cutting corners to reduce costs, is putting a great product at risk and worse impacting TML's image in the market. And despite cutting corners, the talk is that TML is going to jack up the prices. Seriously. It is not like removal of roof rail and third row charging point is going to make it significantly more profitable. As the saying goes, don't fix if it ain't broken.
I totally agree that it will damage the image of the company, but this cost cutting trend is being done across the brand's models, which when viewed from a business point of view makes some sense.

Looking at the cost of their cars, Tiago/Tigor especially, I don't think they are making any profit out of them! cars almost a lakh more expensive are much worse in terms of built quality and safety.

Better way of saving would be to make their cars niggle free, which will save them so much in terms of warranty claims and improve the brand image as well.
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 21:37   #4344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I totally agree that it will damage the image of the company, but this cost cutting trend is being done across the brand's models, which when viewed from a business point of view makes some sense.

Looking at the cost of their cars, Tiago/Tigor especially, I don't think they are making any profit out of them! cars almost a lakh more expensive are much worse in terms of built quality and safety.

Better way of saving would be to make their cars niggle free, which will save them so much in terms of warranty claims and improve the brand image as well.
When you combine cost cutting by removing key features with increase in price, the value proposition is a bit diluted. That's what I felt when I was told that I won't get roof rail in July onwards manufactured Hexa. My immediate question was if there is any old stock

I totally agree that if Tata just took a page from Toyota ASS playbook, it will be a great brand.
iamrightnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 21:53   #4345

XE owners, looks like there is an ECU update available: I had my June 2018 manufactured XE going to the service center for resolving a minor issue and when I asked them to check for the ECU update, there was one.
Old 9th September 2018, 00:04   #4346
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. It is not justified.

And despite cutting corners, the talk is that TML is going to jack up the prices.
IMO, here it is touching or rather affecting the customers/ future customers emotionally. They will feel frustrated at this kind of actions from TML. These cost cuttings are not announced publicly, where as price increases are announced and also comes in the news for them to be aware. So when customers come to know about this cost cutting, they feel frustrated and this is what we a group of 8 people felt. When it touches customers at emotional level, they tend to look the other way (even if that product is at their highest priority level) and then companies start losing them. This impacts companies, negatively. But in the case of a price rise that is announced and known to customers, they will still try to convince themselves to buy the same product.
pradeepnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 09:54   #4347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
IMO, here it is touching or rather affecting the customers/ future customers emotionally. They will feel frustrated at this kind of actions from TML. These cost cuttings are not announced publicly, where as price increases are announced and also comes in the news for them to be aware. So when customers come to know about this cost cutting, they feel frustrated and this is what we a group of 8 people felt. When it touches customers at emotional level, they tend to look the other way (even if that product is at their highest priority level) and then companies start losing them. This impacts companies, negatively. But in the case of a price rise that is announced and known to customers, they will still try to convince themselves to buy the same product.
Absolutely agree. I couldn't have said it better myself. There is nothing worse than a customer feeling cheated even before they have purchased a product. My experience with KHT Motors (Brookefield) during sales and delivery process was great (barring a minor initial hiccup, which got resolved quickly after I spoke with the AGM there, Vinayaka Rao). He personally ensured that nothing went wrong afterwards. From bookin to delivery, it took a total of 10 days so that was quick. Would recommend KHT. With any brand's dealer, you need to be very clear in what you want, and what you don't. That helps tremendously in decision-making.
iamrightnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 13:16   #4348
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely agree. I couldn't have said it better myself. There is nothing worse than a customer feeling cheated even before they have purchased a product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
So true, infact I am or may be was 100% sure that I have to buy Hexa come what may. But this act of TML jeopardised that. It's not that I was buying Hexa only because of roof rail, but there is something called ethics too which was expected out of TML given that they are still struggling to get a hold at this segment. Yes I accept that 35+ is a big amount to me when I have already stretched my budget to buy this car only highest trim and not compromising on safety features. There may be some who may think that what is 35k+ for a person who is willing to buy car worth 20 lakh. But presently question is not about that.
What I was expecting from TML was to introduce new things in current line up, add few more bells and whistles to make it more attractive, features of ESP and TC for XTA albeit at an increased prices. I hope TML management get the pulse of common people who were willing to go for TATA just because they have produced best VFM and daring to trust them.
And I hope its not the part of strategy wherein they introduced Hexa (Aria platform) just to make people realise that even TATA can produce world class machines, and finally they launch their main lineup of H5X and H7X.
Anyway I hope better sense prevail.
Aviatoraval is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2018, 17:56   #4349
BHPian

Quote:
So true, infact I am or may be was 100% sure that I have to buy Hexa come what may. But this act of TML jeopardised that. It's not that I was buying Hexa only because of roof rail, but there is something called ethics too which was expected out of TML given that they are still struggling to get a hold at this segment. Yes I accept that 35+ is a big amount to me when I have already stretched my budget to buy this car only highest trim and not compromising on safety features. There may be some who may think that what is 35k+ for a person who is willing to buy car worth 20 lakh. But presently question is not about that.
What I was expecting from TML was to introduce new things in current line up, add few more bells and whistles to make it more attractive, features of ESP and TC for XTA albeit at an increased prices. I hope TML management get the pulse of common people who were willing to go for TATA just because they have produced best VFM and daring to trust them.
And I hope its not the part of strategy wherein they introduced Hexa (Aria platform) just to make people realise that even TATA can produce world class machines, and finally they launch their main lineup of H5X and H7X.
Anyway I hope better sense prevail.
I can tell you that most people when shelling out 10L plus make careful decisions of mind than emotional decisions of heart. If Hexa owners aren't happy (so far that's definitely not the case for most buyere as the machine and Tata ASS have both been good), they will recommend potential H5X and H7X buyers to stay away no matter what. So TML better take notice and stop assuming that in this era of information, people won't find out about their strategy of removing aspirational features (yes, roof rail is more of an aspirational than functional) in a car well north of 10L. If TML is reading this thread, I recommend to them,

Introduce roof rail again in all trims (maybe exclude XE)

Introduce ESP and additional safety features, which are present in XT but currently missing in XTA. XTA will sell like hot cakes. I know at least 10 buyers who wanted XTA but bought XT only because these safery features were missing in XTA.

Create a new network (like Nexa) for premium car buyers and create an awesome experience for a customer who might shell out 15L plus

Improve ASS tremendously (though it has been very good already for Hexa owners) across lineup. Remember a family that has bought a Tiago or Nexon today might be back for an SUV purchase 5 yrs down the line. And if their experience with ASS has been bad, they will never trust that company again with a car much more expensive.

I hope too that better sense prevails at TML and we see it become a bigger and better brand than competition in 5-10 yrs.
iamrightnow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 11:15   #4350
BHPian

Quote:
So true, infact I am or may be was 100% sure that I have to buy Hexa come what may. But this act of TML jeopardised that. It's not that I was buying Hexa only because of roof rail, but there is something called ethics too which was expected out of TML given that they are still struggling to get a hold at this segment.
Absolutely Correct. I am still in for Hexa, after many comparative analysis with competition like Innova Crysta and Mahindra XUV. I am a big fan of Old Innova, but for me with Innova Crysta, it did not check "comfort" box. Hexa gives lots of positives on the comfort and other factors (explained by many in this forum). But some actions by TML is giving negativity against the product as well as on the company. Any good company, takes the criticism positively and takes actions to get it corrected, thereby creating a positive image. TML has improved by leaps and bounds on many factors, but if anything hurts customers emotionally then it is bad for the company.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks