Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2018, 18:12   #4366
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
If not done already, please remove the ribbon that is there on the bonnet. It will result in scratches if not removed. You have covered 1300 kms with those ribbons, I pray the bonnet is not already scratched.
Removed it after someone from Hexa group on Telegram highlighted it to me. Cannot see any scratch. I guess I got lucky. But I wonder why dealership doesn't tell you about this. Imagine buying 21L vehicle only to be scratched by a damn ribbon.
Old 3rd October 2018, 22:57   #4367
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrightnow View Post
Removed it after someone from Hexa group on Telegram highlighted it to me. Cannot see any scratch. I guess I got lucky. But I wonder why dealership doesn't tell you about this. Imagine buying 21L vehicle only to be scratched by a damn ribbon.
Will a shoe salesman ask you to remove the price tag? Will a shirt salesman specifically ask you to remove the price tag? Still the first thing that we do before using these is price tag removal.

I don’t think it’s the responsibility of the dealerships to tell owners to remove the ribbons, the plastics covering the seats, or the plastic over the odometer dials and stuff. Why do people keep the ribbon on the car even though they know it’s just a crap piece costing maximum 10 rupees. The only reason being it is a sign to let others know that “I bought this car very recently”. I have seen cars with these ribbons which are 6 months old.

I had asked my dealership to not have any ribbons or decorations on my car during delivery. And the first thing I did after taking the car home was to remove all the plastic coverings on seats, handbrake, sun visors etc.

I may sound rude in this post, but truth is rude at times.

Last edited by pavi : 3rd October 2018 at 23:06. Reason: Added more content
pavi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 09:46   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Will a shoe salesman ask you to remove the price tag? Will a shirt salesman specifically ask you to remove the price tag? Still the first thing that we do before using these is price tag removal.
I couldn't disagree more and truth could not be further from your assumptions but I will leave it at that as you can understand the rest

Last edited by ampere : 4th October 2018 at 10:24. Reason: compacted quoted post
iamrightnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 14:31   #4369

Took delivery of my Hexa XE variant on the 29th of September. The car does live up to its expectations of a well built SUV. Loving the driving posture and the interiors of the car.

The only shortcoming that I could think of is the absence of cubby holes near the gear shaft.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-front-quarter.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-interior.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-rear-quarter.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-front-seats.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-rear-seats.jpg  

bruns is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 15:05   #4370
BHPian

Can someone throw some light on the service costs for the Hexa? I was told that the interval is 10000 kms/1 year, and the cost will be around 10-12000 Rs. by the sales staff. Is this figure correct? And how are the user' experiences regarding wear and tear parts like brake pads and tyres? What is the expected life for those and the costs for changing them? Also, I was informed that the music system is not covered under extended warranty! Is this correct?
Old 8th October 2018, 12:45   #4371
BHPian

Tata Hexa XM+ plus launched. Gets additional goodies like: reverse parking sensors with screen, auto headlamps/wipers, front fog lamps, electric wing mirrors with adjust/fold, auto climate control, new design 16 inch alloys, cruise control. Interiors get an update as well with soft touch dashboard, leather wrapped steering and ambient lighting. Only manual at the moment.
JediKnight is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 14:07   #4372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Tata Hexa XM+ plus launched. Gets additional goodies like: reverse parking sensors with screen, auto headlamps/wipers, front fog lamps, electric wing mirrors with adjust/fold, auto climate control, new design 16 inch alloys, cruise control. Interiors get an update as well with soft touch dashboard, leather wrapped steering and ambient lighting. Only manual at the moment.
The alloys have been taken from the Storme (while Storme's new alloys are taken from the old Aria). All these alloys are good lookers and hence, this is a welcome move. XM+ now gets most of the features of the XT except for the additional airbags and the better music system. Makes it a more compelling package now.

The last I heard, Hexa is not going to be replaced by the H7X but will continue in the portfolio with separate product development and updates.
Old 8th October 2018, 14:21   #4373

Hello Friends, Looking for upgrade from my SX4 AT(P) to Hexa XTA. Gone through the thread for more insights. Can somebody provide the mileage in city & highways? Mine gives 9-10KMPH, and Hexa should not fall below.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd November 2018 at 14:04. Reason: Smiley.
Old 8th October 2018, 14:38   #4374
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about pricing?
Old 8th October 2018, 15:09   #4375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrightnow View Post
Any idea about pricing?
15.27 lacs ex-showroom Delhi.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...27-lakh-409990
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 15:30   #4376
BHPian

Quote:
The Tatas really listening to customers . It is only a matter of time, I guess, that XMA+ and XTA with AWD and remaining safety features would be there.
Old 8th October 2018, 16:06   #4377
BHPian

Tata has explicitly mentioned in their brochure that roof rails are now deleted from all versions. Either the brochure editor was not bothered or he was upset about the deletion.
A similar move can be seen on home page where they are showing the XM+ with a sunroof but it is not mentioned in the brochure.

XM+ now is a good choice and loses very less when compared to XT (19 inch machine cut rims, 4 airbags, dynamic drive mode, art leather upholstery, 1 speaker and subwoofer, ESP and HDC)

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexab1.png

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexab01.png

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexasunroof.png

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th October 2018 at 20:15. Reason: Typo.
PraNeel is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 16:42   #4378
BHPian

Albeit late by an year, common sense has prevailed & Tata has finally listened with this launch - should help in the festive period.

My post from 24th July 2017 below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
The most popular variant in almost all cars, which brings in most of the numbers, is their mid variant(s) and Hexa's inadequacies (& therefore, the low sales) lie in the fact that its mid-variant - the XM is not up to par with respect to the equipment/feature levels.
Features XM loses out compared to XT for price ~2.5L OTR:
- 19" Alloys
- Side & Curtain airbags
- Safety features (ESP, TCS, HHC, HDC, HBA)
- Dynamic drive mode
- Reverse parking camera
- Auto AC
- Cruise control
- Leather seat upholstery, steering and door inserts
- Center speaker with sub-woofer
- Fog lamps & DRLs
- Auto headlamps & rain sensing wipers
- Power folding ORVMs
- Roof rails
- Chrome here n there with some other cosmetics

IMO, unless someone can afford to upgrade to XT, there are plenty of deal-breakers right there. And reason why I am yet to see a single XM or XMA variant out on the roads in the 6 months since launch.

I am Tata, thank you for highlighting the above, tell me what should I do to fix the dwindling numbers?
Simple, fix the bread & butter variant(s) - reduce the price of XM by another 35K & introduce an additional XM(O) variant. The features in this variant, here you go:

- 16/17" Alloys
- Auto AC
- Cruise control
- Reverse parking camera

Last edited by r0nit7 : 8th October 2018 at 16:42. Reason: Added year 2017 in date.
r0nit7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 16:50   #4379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
What is the ideal way of redlining?

Which gear is preferable? Is it ok to do it in Neutral?

Will it be different for Petrol and Diesel engines?
Seems like this went unaddressed here. 2nd or 3rd gear should be fine, I do this in 2nd gear on my City now and then. Of course, make sure it's an empty stretch of road with no surprises expected. In second gear, you most probably won't exceed 70-80 kmph so it should be manageable.

Also, experts on the forum say that redlining in neutral is a strict no no.
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 16:57   #4380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Tata has explicitly mentioned in their brochure that roof rails are now deleted from all versions.
To avoid cannibalisation, it appears that Tata Motors are in the way of positioning Hexa as an MUV. Will not get surprised if they may altogether remove the 4x4 version (god forbid!) By the way how many of 4x4 sold per month and the number sold yet?

Harrier would there be to compete as a true SUV with one (Mahindra) and all. Hexa would compete with the people movers including Marazzo or others. You may soon find the vehicles (I guess ) getting opened for commercial segment. Hope my predictions may fall flat.

Last edited by kbishwa : 8th October 2018 at 16:58. Reason: Formating
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks