Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2018, 11:02   #4396

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Friends,
Has any one tried the diesel from Shell bunk and non-Shell bunks for Hexa? Can you share your experience and recommendation on this? Since I am using Shell petrol for my Alto for many years and happy with the same, wanted to check on the diesel from them.

One of the Tata service engineers recommended not to go for Shell diesel - no reasons given though.
Old 12th October 2018, 12:44   #4397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Tata Hexa XM+ has almost all the features of XT, it misses out on:
- Automatic gearbox
I remember cruise control was available only on XT. Unlike XUV where it is available from the mid varient.
Old 13th October 2018, 11:11   #4398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Main reason, in my extremely humble opinion, is the too UV-ish snout. I am sure it was designed out of some compulsion to fit in the Aria frame.

Attachment 1806971
The reason for the MUV look is due to the car like sloping A pillar design, which is a carry over from Aria. It would have been too expensive to retool only that part for Hexa. The Hexa does have a more angular bonnet design compared to the sloping one in Aria, and for me Hexa doesn't look like an MUV . The vehicle has excellent frontal visibility from the driver seat and even in extremely narrow lanes it's easy to judge the front left corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20181013_1010332.jpg  

Last edited by damodar : 13th October 2018 at 11:17.
damodar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 16:56   #4399
BHPian

Second service experience: 10/10 to Tata again

Dropped off hexa at Pranavi motors and walked 7kms home and walked back again to pick it up. Off topic a bit but today marks a year of me not using an elevator before 10 pm!

Anyway, no major issues. There was a slight pull towards the left and wheel alignment was done. Sometimes outside smells are coming inside and that was taken care of too. The usual hexa special treatment was present and was attended to as soon as I stepped in. Nothing major to report, everything went as usual, vehicle was neatly cleaned and given back.

Was informed that there was a 3.6 update for the infotainment system coming up next month and once its available they would call me. The vehicle is at its smoothest now, returning a nice 11.5 to 13 kmpl in city and as comfortable as ever. Good job Pranavi motors and Tata!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20181013_135340-1.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20181013_135553.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20181013_134936.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20181013_135215.jpg  

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 13:52   #4400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Second service experience: 10/10 to Tata again

=========
Good job Pranavi motors and Tata!
Great to hear about your hassle-free ownership and experience with dealership and TML

I hope we hear more and more positive news about from Hexa owners. If dealers and TML are looking at this thread, they should know and understand the importance of Hexa customers when it comes to their nextgen vehicles like H5X and H7X and more to come. The Hexa and Nexon owners are sort of torch and flag bearers for Tata so serve them well.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 11:52. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
iamrightnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 18:30   #4401
BHPian

First look of HEXA XM+.
damodar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 21:52   #4402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasiabhi View Post
Hello!

I just got my Hexa XMA on Wednesday and drove it home. Today I brought it to office on my first drive.

I drove at a very sedate pace all throughout but at a signal, I accelerated a wee bit hard for about 2-3 seconds. The cabin was filled with some burning smell. There was some lingering smell near the bonnet even when I parked about 15 minutes later.

Is this something to worry about?

Thanks
Abhijit
A worrying matter or not, you must report this to TASS and take it for a check up. Brand new vehicle definitely shouldn't give you burning smell. Before you take it out for a long road trip, better to get it sorted.
Old 15th October 2018, 09:47   #4403

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Sometimes outside smells are coming inside and that was taken care of too.
Can you please elaborate on this? I have the same problem in my XTA and although its not as pronounced as my brother's old Scorpio, I would still like it fixed. It will be nice to have some 'gyan' before I go in for my first service.
Old 15th October 2018, 12:56   #4404
BANNED

Quote:
The cabin was filled with some burning smell. There was some lingering smell near the bonnet even when I parked about 15 minutes later.

Is this something to worry about?
Mostly no, new cars will burn some paint and other materials for the first few km but shouldn't emit any smell which is discernable inside the cabin.

Were you in fresh air mode or recirculation?

What is TASS saying?
Old 15th October 2018, 16:18   #4405

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Mostly no, new cars will burn some paint and other materials for the first few km but shouldn't emit any smell which is discernable inside the cabin.

Were you in fresh air mode or recirculation?

What is TASS saying?
The sales rep I called said that it's normal for new cars. If it happens again then I should call the TASS.

I was on recirculation mode. The outside smells should not have come in.

Yesterday I went for a ~150km drive. Touched 100kmph on the Mum-Poona expressway. There was no strong smell but a couple of time I thought I smelt some very faint smell on the way back in the ghat section where I had to accelerate. But no one in the cabin could verify so I thought it might be my imagination.

Perhaps I should call TASS anyway?
Old 15th October 2018, 16:54   #4406
BANNED

Quote:
Perhaps I should call TASS anyway?
I wouldn't recommend it since there was no strong/any smell which is an indication of the vehicle having burnt whatever it was supposed to.

Enjoy your drive...!!!
Old 16th October 2018, 10:45   #4407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I would like to share my terrible experience(s) with Tata motors, specifically whilst booking the Hexa.

A follow up on this, the SA assigned to me has left the company and I'm yet to hear from Tata Motors. Will call them up again and send an email as well.
esoticoreventon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 22:45   #4408
BANNED

We are having a very bad experience with Tata Motors .We had given our Hexa XTA for minor repair on underside of bumper to AutoVikas , Motinagar Delhi .It is more than a week now and a chance visit to there workshop shows our brand new Hexa full of dust and scratches .They have no business of keeping all windows open and scratching car all over .We regret our decision to go with Tata .All service centres of Tata are like this nearby our place of home and work .
And AutoVikas attitude is like we don't care .
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181016-22.36.55.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181016-22.36.56.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181016-22.37.10.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181016-22.37.11.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181016-22.37.12.jpeg  

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 16th October 2018 at 22:52.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 23:42   #4409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
We are having a very bad experience with Tata Motors .We had given our Hexa XTA for minor repair on underside of bumper to AutoVikas , Motinagar Delhi .It is more than a week now and a chance visit to there workshop shows our brand new Hexa full of dust and scratches .They have no business of keeping all windows open and scratching car all over .We regret our decision to go with Tata .All service centres of Tata are like this nearby our place of home and work .
And AutoVikas attitude is like we don't care .
This is such a shame that dealership is spoiling Tata's brand name, and worse is that Tata seems to have no control over some of these reckless dealerships. I wonder what kind of audit process Tata has in place to see if a dealership should be kept open and closed. I think I can take a guess, PRETTY BAD. No matter how good a product is, it cannot succeed without TASS. Bad brands think their job is over after they have sold the product and gotten the money. Good brands think their job starts after that. Harrier is out, bookings are open. So Tata better pay attention and respect Hexa customers. They will have a lot of say in whether Harrier succeeds or fails. You, for sure, will not recommend it, and rightfully so. If a brand has not treated a customer, who has bought a flagship, with respect, why should it expect loyalty or positive reference from him/her. TATA, are you listening or reading this?
iamrightnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 18:21   #4410
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Ujjwal Saxena for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Tata Hexa XM+ variant reaches dealerships:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-2.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-3.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-4.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-5.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-6.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-7.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-8.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-9.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-10.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-11.jpg