Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2018, 18:37   #4456
J D
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
You're like my mirror image. I am at the exact same stage and waiting patiently for the exact same thing. I wonder how many others are as well.
I was on the same boat, but took the XUV 2018 facelift, after waiting for ever and ever for the AT-AWD combo and hearing nothing about it. In my opinion, the XUV is somehow being undermined, understated. Except the "no-boot space" problem it is a good alternative - unless you are prepared to wait...
Old 19th November 2018, 09:34   #4457

Any suggestions on the roof(luggage) carriers? I travel most of the time with more than 5 people and most of my drives are long-drives(which is why I chose Hexa XT 4x2). I would like to fit roof rack, I also want to make sure that it does not spoil the looks. So any suggestions will be helpful. One of my friend mentioned that the wind-noise will increase with roof rack , is that true?
Old 19th November 2018, 10:22   #4458
Senior - BHPian

I've started experiencing a strange HVAC behaviour on my XTA.

Even if i set the temperature controls to 16 or 17degrees in Bangalore mornings, I get warm or hot air from the vents.

Switching between heated air on/off, tends to start the cold air flow, but after a while starts to mix hot and cold air.

I'm guessing its either the automatic aircon controls that have gone bust or the vent that controls the flow ( must be a electronically controlled one ), has gone bust.

Any other pointers or anyone experienced this ?

Other than this one, there seems to be an update for the automatic gearbox breather tubes for some cars, which i'm yet to get done.
Old 19th November 2018, 10:53   #4459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post

Even if i set the temperature controls to 16 or 17degrees in Bangalore mornings, I get warm or hot air from the vents.

Switching between heated air on/off, tends to start the cold air flow, but after a while starts to mix hot and cold air.

I'm guessing its either the automatic aircon controls that have gone bust or the vent that controls the flow ( must be a electronically controlled one ), has gone bust.

Any other pointers or anyone experienced this ?

Other than this one, there seems to be an update for the automatic gearbox breather tubes for some cars, which i'm yet to get done.
I believe the auto AC considers the exterior temperature and matches it. In case it is colder inside the car, it will push the hotter air to stabilize the temperature.

A bit more data of the ambient temperature will help if it is really an issue with the AC.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 12:46   #4460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Change your car's cabin AC filter every 5000 km. If you haven't changed it for much longer than that check your AC evaporator (which a lot of people call the cooling coil)
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 13:29   #4461
BHPian

You may also get the sensors checked if they are picking up the correct temps. Both outside and inside temp sensors.
Gary_Aviator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 15:42   #4462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I believe the auto AC considers the exterior temperature and matches it. In case it is colder inside the car, it will push the hotter air to stabilize the temperature.

A bit more data of the ambient temperature will help if it is really an issue with the AC.
The outside temperature is around the 26-29 degrees. Car is parked in the basement and being taken out after a cold start in the mornings. Irrespective of ambient temperature, the AC should cool to the temperature you set isnt it ?
Old 21st November 2018, 11:37   #4463
BHPian

Best thing is car is under warranty just drop the car to nearest service center and get it checked, It should be hassle free.
Old 21st November 2018, 11:38   #4464

A freakish development:
Today morning I found car cover on my Hexa as torn near the antenna location and the antenna chewed up (deep canine impressions through out the length of the antenna - see photo). Later found the cause (see photo).
Can never get to know what attracted the beast to the antenna - but is a cause for concern as this is going to repeat. Am posting this development to draw attention to this hazard (as others may face it too).
Asked TASS if this antenna could be replaced by a Shark fin antenna - the response was negative (though wonder why this can not be the case). Am thinking of ways to protect the antenna (as am likely to replace with a new one) and welcome ideas on this front.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20181121_093450.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20181121_093258.jpg
ac3112 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 12:45   #4465
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3112 View Post
Am thinking of ways to protect the antenna (as am likely to replace with a new one) and welcome ideas on this front.
Two options.

1. Remove the antenna when you park the vehicle and keep it inside it, it takes less than 2 minutes.

2. There are many aftermarket shark fin antennae available, buy one and get it fitted.
Old 21st November 2018, 13:07   #4466
BHPian

Quote:

Asked TASS if this antenna could be replaced by a Shark fin antenna - the response was negative (though wonder why this can not be the case). Am thinking of ways to protect the antenna (as am likely to replace with a new one) and welcome ideas on this front.

I suggest you go for the shark fin antenna of Nexon/ new Tigor. That would be an easy bet.
Old 21st November 2018, 13:17   #4467
BHPian

Quote:
A freakish development:
Today morning I found car cover on my Hexa as torn near the antenna location and the antenna chewed up
Make a solution of bitter tasting quinine or neem water and wash the car with it. Repels animals.
Old 21st November 2018, 13:38   #4468
BHPian

Quote:

I have the XTA. Done about 13,000 kms in 11 months now. Last time I had visited the service center to change the rear Cigarette lighter/ charger socket. The cover had been broken, either by my kids or someone sitting at the back. After finishing the job and making the bills, a senior technician came running and reminded the Service guy of the above tube that was needed to be changed in all Automatic Hexa.

They checked their inventory, had the parts and got it installed. It was a bit of a problem grinding the new clamp to fit it in place, but managed it in about half hour.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 15:50   #4469
BHPian

Here's a surprising niggle I've had - as I mentioned above, I've owned the XTA for about a year now.

From the very beginning, driving at night, I found the High beam weak and the low beam much more pronounced.

The most disconcerting thing is the sharp cut outs (Shadows) of the low Beam reflectors which are very apparent when the High Beams are switched on. The low beams are always more overpowering than the High Beams.

So, firstly I put in the Osram Night breakers in the high beam. Lights were brighter but the same problem persisted. Then I went in for a complete HID Kit with ballast for the High beams and put the Osram Bulbs in the low Beam.

Lights are, of course much brighter, but the pronounced cut out shadows are still very much visible and irritating, esp when driving on dark highways.

Now what else can I try? Any suggestions?

Oh and for those of you thinking of upgrading to HID Kits, my advice would be, don't! It's not worth it. Firstly, lots of Police people stop you and try challaning you, despite the High End vehicles having Factory HID lights, apparently it's still illegal under the law.

Secondly, ( I don't know about the Audis and the BMWs) but the aftermarket HIDs I got for my Hexa, it takes a few seconds for the beams to warm up and come to full glare. So, when you are faced with incoming traffic and you dip your beams and after a while come up to full beams, it'll take about 4-5 seconds before the High beams are powerful enough, and by that time, you have to dip the beams yet again. Also flashing High Beams ( For overtaking) doesn't work as well as conventional bulbs.

Better to stick with higher wattage Bulbs. Just my opinion.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 06:47   #4470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdrive View Post
Any suggestions on the roof(luggage) carriers?

Are you a member of the Telegram group THOR? There is a sub group on accessories. One of the hexa owners has manufactured very good diy carriers. Presently he is working on version 2 which will be launched soon.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 11:48. Reason: fixed quotes

Most Viewed