Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2018, 06:24   #4486
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnselvaraj View Post
It would be helpful if you could share which shark-fin antenna will fit in Hexa (XE)? Is it the one available in Nexon or the after market ones ?
There isn't a specific one. Folks have installed ones from Amazon as well as bought directly from accessory stores.

On Amazon, just search for Shark Fin Antenna Hexa and there are many options.

Last edited by mostlynerd : 6th December 2018 at 06:27. Reason: Made more specific
mostlynerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 12:00   #4487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
There isn't a specific one. Folks have installed ones from Amazon as well as bought directly from accessory stores.

On Amazon, just search for Shark Fin Antenna Hexa and there are many options.

I have bought one
https://www.amazon.in/Ramanta%C2%AE-.../dp/B072MFN6PF

My range has deteriorated
manas27587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 16:15   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
I have bought one
https://www.amazon.in/Ramanta%C2%AE-.../dp/B072MFN6PF

My range has deteriorated
Yes. That is understandable as these are not high quality. Also it is difficult to tell if it will work well or not. The sharkfin shape is also not conducive to reception.
Old 7th December 2018, 17:45   #4489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
Here's a surprising niggle I've had - as I mentioned above, I've owned the XTA for about a year now.

From the very beginning, driving at night, I found the High beam weak and the low beam much more pronounced.

same issue with my Nissan Terrano. Good low beam and bad high beam.
As our eyes focus on the bright spread near us, the distant vision is reduced. This is especially prominent on 4 lane roads with hedge in the median, where we we miss a animal or human waiting to cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post

Now what else can I try? Any suggestions?
Oh and for those of you thinking of upgrading to HID Kits, my advice would be, don't! It's not worth it. Firstly, lots of Police people stop you and try challaning you, despite the High End vehicles having Factory HID lights, apparently it's still illegal under the law.

I tried different LED combinations and found
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Se...h_0_ppcChannel

In 4300k very good. Please avoid the colour changing filaments.
Secondly you have to try the different bulbs to finalize on what suits your reflector best. I initially tried the xhp50 bulbs which were spreading in my reflector, but are good on other cars.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 21:19   #4490
BHPian

Lost the battle of patience and booked the Hexa XT Tungsten Silver. The Love Story which started in 2003 continues with the 8th Tata Vehicle. The Hexa now replaces my Manza which bows out with an impressive 1.75 lakh kms on the odo. Hexa will be my primary family car for the long outstation drives and vacation trips. Office and local run gets served by the #FantasticoTiago
dhondusaxena is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 22:25   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Lost the battle of patience and booked the Hexa XT Tungsten Silver. The Love Story which started in 2003 continues with the 8th Tata Vehicle. The Hexa now replaces my Manza which bows out with an impressive 1.75 lakh kms on the odo. Hexa will be my primary family car for the long outstation drives and vacation trips. Office and local run gets served by the #FantasticoTiago
Congratulations dude! Welcome to the beast mode. What an upgrade from Manza to Hexa. I am sure you will enjoy the plush ride and an amazing road show! Million miles ahead my friend
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 10:58   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
Hi - is TATA running any discounts currently? Anything for year end?
Old 8th December 2018, 22:22   #4493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Hi - is TATA running any discounts currently? Anything for year end?
I enquired in October, they were giving insurance free. And looked ready to negotiate.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 11:47   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, I also upgraded from Manza to Hexa and never had any regret. You will definitely enjoy the Hexa.
Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 21:42   #4495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I enquired in October, they were giving insurance free. And looked ready to negotiate.
Yes free insurance. Benefits upto 96000 on the Hexa
dhondusaxena is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 15:18   #4496
BHPian

Good to be back after so long! Thousands of kms done and many experiences to update. Will give a brief below:-

1. Car has done about 28,000 kms as of today and all free services are done with. It will complete 2 years coming Feb.
2. Bought many accessories including a Michelin 12266 air compressor which has proved valuable. Would strongly recommend going for it if you are looking for one!
3. Got the BCM and ECU updates as and when they came in with auto-folding feature for the mirrors. Feels good when you get new features activated specially considering the way features are being removed in the current iterations.

A major update though is the car letting us stranded in the middle of the night on the Hassan highway (1am). It was good that there was no family and we were all bachelors on that trip.
The engine malfunction light glowed and the car stuttered to a halt. I managed to park it on the shoulder. Repeated cranks didn't yield anything. Contacted TATA emergency and was told that the mechanics can come only in the morning at around 8AM. Called up my insurance provider to avail their 'free towing' services but came to know that it's included only for accidents and not breakdown
It was good luck that an NHAI vehicle stopped just after 10 minutes of me pulling over. The only way out of this i thought was to get the vehicle towed. The distance was 120Kms and we were 7 adults. The estimate was a whopping 10Khockked:

Seeing no alternatives and mine being a manual 4X2, I decided on getting it towed with 2 of us sitting in the towing vehicle and the remaining 5 on the middle and last rows of the Hexa. It was a grueling 4 hours ride with the vehicle bobbing around and the rear tow-hook hitting the speed-bumps at toll plazas.

Finally reached Prerana motors Peenya yard at around 5 in the morning and updated the SA. Came Home, had a nap and visited the service center at 11 in the morning. The issue was diagnosed as a loose fuel pipe connection to the sediment filter (which is high pressure line) and is located just behind the front left wheel. Merely tightening the clip was all it took for the engine to start up. Makes me wonder even now if i should have stayed put through the night and waited for the mechanic from TATA to arrive, instead of having it towed all the way.

To conclude, the pipe was shipped to the vendor for inspection, parts replaced and now a cheque for 10K is waiting for me from TATA motors as a refund for the towing charges which i really appreciate.
However, i still have no clue, and neither do they, as to why the issue arose in the first place. I shall try and click a pic of the part and post it here when time permits.

We have been on multiple trips post this fiasco and its been a very good experience. The car is running butter smooth, gear shifts have improved by leaps and am looking forward to having more beautiful memories in future!
abhi7013 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 17:13   #4497
BHPian

Hi could you please elaborate on the auto folding feature for the mirror? I do not have that? Hexa XTA.

Last edited by ampere : 11th December 2018 at 18:14.
Old 11th December 2018, 19:36   #4498
BHPian

All - Need some advice here. I am contemplating changing my 4.5 years Aria (Varicor) Pure LX to a Hexa. I have not considered any other options other than a Tata largely due to the wonderful experience i have had with the Aria. It has been a trouble free 47K kms and have never had any break-downs.

I spoke to one of the dealers close to my place and here are my queries which i would look forward for some guidance from this group

- Is this a sensible upgrade? My heart says yes and head refuses to comment. I dont think the Harrier would fit the bill given that it is a 5 seater and for me the third row is important.
- I was offered 3.6L for my car and they are re-working the deal. I got it for close to 11L with all the offers going on then. Is this a good price for the car given that it is out of production for the last couple years
- I was initially looking at the XM. The cost differential between the XM and XT was about 3L. What adds to my dilemma further is there is an XM+ variant that is newly introduced that is about 1.3L pricier than the XM. What they add are 16" blackened Alloys (Safari), Rear camera, Cruise control, Electrically folding mirror, Rain and darkness sensors, fog lamps, DRL and Climate control

The opinion i am looking for from this group is, does it make sense to go for XM+ or XT. I am looking at a safe car that needs no further after market fitments

Advance thanks
Shiwik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 21:08   #4499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
All - Need some advice here. I am contemplating changing my 4.5 years Aria (Varicor) Pure LX to a Hexa. I have not considered any other options other than a Tata largely due to the wonderful experience i have had with the Aria. It has been a trouble free 47K kms and have never had any break-downs.
==================
The opinion i am looking for from this group is, does it make sense to go for XM+ or XT. I am looking at a safe car that needs no further after market fitments

Advance thanks
I would strongly recommend the XT, and specifically the 4X4. Brilliant to drive and kitted to the gills with safety equipment. My regular weekend trips out of town have now morphed into 1000 km jaunts more often that not

My XT 4X4 has had no after-market kit on it at all, if you discount the excellent rubber mats that I got from Concorde.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 11:47. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
thedragonreborn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 22:09   #4500
BMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post

Advance thanks
I would suggest XT over XM+. XM+ is more of gizmos and livable without them. Stretch by 1.5L and you have a excellent package with all safety features.
If you tight on budget, I would suggest XMA over XM+ given Blore traffic
BMK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed