Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2018, 10:11   #4516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Congratulations mate

That's one hell of a beast. Can you elaborate about your decision making process. Why not wait until January? With all the hoopla around Harrier launch, did you consider waiting little longer.
I didn't want to wait till Jan, to avoid taking a hit due to price hike. Tata indeed has announced the hike.

Will elaborate my decision making process once I get delivery.

As of now, got the vin number yesterday and expecting delivery on 26/27 Dec.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 11:24   #4517
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I finally booked the HEXA XT 4x2 last evening. With a heavy heart i saw my Aria (my trustworthy companion for 5 yrs) being driven away by someone else. I have booked a Sky Grey (strangely not the most selling color). This color was not even in contention when we went to the stock yard to select one. Blue was the family favorite and i had my eyes on the white. White was summarily rejected by the family and i had to settle for their choice. However when we saw the Grey, it looked extremely elegant and instantly most of us settled for this color. Anyone on this thread with the same color - would be keen to hear your decision process and experience so far.

The dealer does not have this color and has to put in a request. He also mentioned that the Mfg date would be Oct/Nov while i have been asking him for a Dec model. He'd mentioned the Dec models are released only next year for the first quarter.

Couple questions
1. Is the timeline mentioned by the dealer common or should i be asking him for a Dec mfg?
2. Given that the car would be a 2018 Mfg, are there any benefits of registering it in 2019 or that does not make any difference.
Shiwik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 11:31   #4518
BHPian

I am getting a 4x4 XT, manufactured in Nov 18, delivered to me on 27 Dec. It will get registered sometime in Jan 19.
It will only be psychological benefit for you as well as the next owner, if you sell it a few years down the line, that yours was a Jan 19 registered car.
Old 16th December 2018, 14:51   #4519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
I finally booked the HEXA XT 4x2 last evening. With a heavy heart i saw my Aria (my trustworthy companion for 5 yrs) being driven away by someone else. I have booked a Sky Grey (strangely not the most selling color). This color was not even in contention when we went to the stock yard to select one. Blue was the family favorite and i had my eyes on the white. White was summarily rejected by the family and i had to settle for their choice. However when we saw the Grey, it looked extremely elegant and instantly most of us settled for this color. Anyone on this thread with the same color - would be keen to hear your decision process and experience so far.

The dealer does not have this color and has to put in a request. He also mentioned that the Mfg date would be Oct/Nov while i have been asking him for a Dec model. He'd mentioned the Dec models are released only next year for the first quarter.

Couple questions
1. Is the timeline mentioned by the dealer common or should i be asking him for a Dec mfg?
2. Given that the car would be a 2018 Mfg, are there any benefits of registering it in 2019 or that does not make any difference.
Congrats! How much discount did you get? Looking at how Tata is dropping features feom hexa, I think it may be a blessing in disguise to get an older manufactured model!
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 20:05   #4520
BMK

Quote:

Couple questions
Congratulations!
I booked same time last year from KHT. Vehicle manufactured in Dec was available for inspection by end of Dec and registered in mid Jan.
So you still can push for and hope to get Dec.
BMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 08:33   #4521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Congrats! How much discount did you get? Looking at how Tata is dropping features feom hexa, I think it may be a blessing in disguise to get an older manufactured model!
I managed a 1.25L discount. I was able to trade in my Aria for 4.25L which makes it an overall deduction of 5.5L.
Old 17th December 2018, 09:14   #4522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I finally booked the HEXA XT 4x2 last evening.

Couple questions
Congratulations! Any reason why you didn't opt for the brilliant AT variant?

1. Oct/ Nov should be fine. This depends on the state of manufacturing as well. For example: Here at Kerala, it's possible for me to get a Ford manufactured in the same month, whereas the newest Maruti will be at least a month or two old.

2. I am not sure since the RC got both month of manufacturing and registration date nowadays. But it's one of the nuances of our used car market. I guess having a newer registration date is probably better. But it's not something I would lose my sleep on.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 12:07   #4523
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
I am getting a 4x4 XT, manufactured in Nov 18, delivered to me on 27 Dec. It will get registered sometime in Jan 19.
It will only be psychological benefit for you as well as the next owner, if you sell it a few years down the line, that yours was a Jan 19 registered car.
IIRC, the RC will have the manufacturing date of the vehicle and not the registration date, this is what I have been observing, please let us know if things have changed .
Old 17th December 2018, 12:33   #4524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
IIRC, the RC will have the manufacturing date of the vehicle and not the registration date, this is what I have been observing, please let us know if things have changed .
One of my cars was bought in Aug 14, and registered on 10 Sep 14. while manufacturing date is mentioned in the RC, date of registration is mentioned as 10 Sep, and validity of registration till 09 Sep 29.
Old 17th December 2018, 15:56   #4525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Lost the battle of patience and booked the Hexa XT Tungsten Silver. The Love Story which started in 2003 continues with the 8th Tata Vehicle. The Hexa now replaces my Manza which bows out with an impressive 1.75 lakh kms on the odo. Hexa will be my primary family car for the long outstation drives and vacation trips. Office and local run gets served by the #FantasticoTiago
Boys & Girls, members of the Forum, The Hexa has finally joined the family. Could complete all paperwork, CSD running around and welcomed the car on 13th Dec 2018. Now scouting for destinations to drive to. Bhutan, Leh, Nepal etc on the cards.
dhondusaxena is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 16:03   #4526
BANNED

Quote:
Boys & Girls, members of the Forum, The Hexa has finally joined the family. Could complete all paperwork, CSD running around and welcomed the car on 13th Dec 2018. Now scouting for destinations to drive to. Bhutan, Leh, Nepal etc on the cards.
Congratulations. We need pics . Wishing you lot of lovely memories with your car.
Old 18th December 2018, 00:35   #4527
BHPian

Quote:
Boys & Girls, members of the Forum, The Hexa has finally joined.
Dude, congrats! It's sacrilege not to post the pictures of the beast. Do enlighten us about the deletion of the components
Enjoy the beast, do lookout for upgrading the headlights, especially if you travel by night
Old 18th December 2018, 10:02   #4528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Dude, congrats! It's sacrilege not to post the pictures of the beast. Do enlighten us about the deletion of the components
Enjoy the beast, do lookout for upgrading the headlights, especially if you travel by night
Do we need an upgrade? Doesn't the stock hold good? In my Aria, the lows were weak and i installed HIDs on them. While the brightness improved, there was unusual scatter on the low beam projectors. I never had any issues with the high beams and i am assuming the same unit is carried forward to the Hexa.

What upgrade options do we have here? Anyone on this forum modded their lights?
Old 18th December 2018, 16:26   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Do we need an upgrade? Doesn't the stock hold good?
I haven't upgraded it myself, but it's a pain to use low throw. A lot of beast masters have upgraded. Osram and Phillips seems to be the choice of many masters.
Old 18th December 2018, 17:15   #4530
BHPian

I have covered nearly 5000 kms in my Hexa. All I can say is that I'm really very happy with my choice. Its a wonderful car. I feel that steering has become light now. Initially it was little hard. I'll be posting my ownership thread in a day or two. Here's my beast in all its glory.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-photo-blur_dec182018_171119.jpg  

HappyRoadie is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed