Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2019, 10:45   #4651
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I feel the current alloys look way better than the ones coming up in the 2019 version. The new alloys are what were there on the Aria too and in the pics with the new alloys, I see a striking resemblance to the Aria for some reason. Tata definitely need to get a new design if they want the sales to increase because with the current alloy design they are showing the similarity between Aria and Hexa. I say this because in the official review on the forum, it was mentioned that TATA never mentioned Aria even once and that is how far they were trying to separate the Hexa from the Aria. So not a good move to have similar design alloys IMHO

Tata Hexa : Official Review-2014tataariareviewfrontquarters.jpg

Image source

Last edited by centaur : 28th February 2019 at 10:47.
centaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 10:53   #4652
BHPian

This rounds off the feature list for the Hexa. However, is there any news on how they're going to manage BS6?
Old 28th February 2019, 12:43   #4653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
This rounds off the feature list for the Hexa. However, is there any news on how they're going to manage BS6?
Lots of rumors on our forum itself. The top three being:

1. Shift to 2.0 MJD for Hexa.
2. Varicor 400 would be upgraded to BS VI.
3. Hexa would be stopped.

Whats worrying is the reducing sales of Hexa. If the rushlane article about discontinuing of XE variant is true then it will push sales further down. Hexa just sold 309 copies in Jan 2019. With such low numbers Tata bosses would have a hard time justifying BS-VI investments.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 14:37   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Lots of rumors on our forum itself. The top three being:

1. Shift to 2.0 MJD for Hexa.
2. Varicor 400 would be upgraded to BS VI.
3. Hexa would be stopped.

Whats worrying is the reducing sales of Hexa. If the rushlane article about discontinuing of XE variant is true then it will push sales further down. Hexa just sold 309 copies in Jan 2019. With such low numbers Tata bosses would have a hard time justifying BS-VI investments.
I have recently visited KHT Showroom at Whitefeild, Bangalore. One of the Sales Rep who was showing me Hexa, told that Tata Motors is ready with BS VI compliance for HEXA. On further query he mentioned that earlier he used to work in Tata Motors factory at Pune and that's how he knows. He even lifted the Bonnet of the car to show me where the device would sit in the engine hub. As per him, there is an additional device that needs to be integrated with Hexa's Varicor motor to make it compliant with BSVI. He mentioned that it has also been tested. Not sure through how authentic it is. I was initially surprised with his response and remembered asking his name. Cant recall now. Anyone visiting KHT showroom can further inquire. Hope it was not a lame sales talk.
Old 28th February 2019, 14:49   #4655
Senior - BHPian

If TATA is indeed going to make a BS6 version, they should publish about it, this well help inspire confidence in people who wish to plonk 20L on a car that is not doing so well!

Hexa is a great product, Tata needs to stop deserting models that just needs more attention to sell. First thing they did after Harrier's launch was to throw Hexa out of the showroom to make room for Harrier I am sure they will throw Harrier out once Hx7 promises more success with auto box and 7 seats. That is not how it is done Tata!
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 15:09   #4656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Came across this interesting article!!

Last thing you want to see while driving on mountain roads [Video]
What was interesting though is despite the tire rolling off at decent speed the vehicle seemed to handle it quiet decently and come to a stop without much drama or toppling. The dash-cam doesn't show any major vibration and the speed around the time the tire got detached seems to be 47Kmph. Not bad for such a huge vehicle.
Old 28th February 2019, 15:39   #4657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNishi View Post
As per him, there is an additional device that needs to be integrated with Hexa's Varicor motor to make it compliant with BSVI. He mentioned that it has also been tested. Not sure through how authentic it is. I was initially surprised with his response and remembered asking his name. Cant recall now. Anyone visiting KHT showroom can further inquire. Hope it was not a lame sales talk.
ACI came up with the same news about Hexa refresh. However, what caught my eye was the last paragraph of the report. As per ACI, Tata is "likely" to discontinue the Hexa once BS 6 kicks in. My gut feeling says ACI is right. Too much huge investment for a car that sells too little. And ACI is generally right about such things.
Personally, I would love if ACI is proved wrong.

News Link - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...99-lakh-411710
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 19:44   #4658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
ACI came up with the same news about Hexa refresh. However, what caught my eye was the last paragraph of the report. As per ACI, Tata is "likely" to discontinue the Hexa once BS 6 kicks in. My gut feeling says ACI is right. Too much huge investment for a car that sells too little. And ACI is generally right about such things.
Personally, I would love if ACI is proved wrong.

News Link - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...99-lakh-411710
Thanks for that link. You're definitely onto something there. My first reaction on reading this news in the morning was that the Hexa is going to stay. Otherwise, why would Tata care to launch a refresh with modern ICE and all for a model they will discontinue after a year?

Now I'm totally confused after reading the ACI article.
Old 28th February 2019, 20:37   #4659
BHPian

In the Hexa owners group I saw mention of possibility of "paid" upgrade of infotainment system for current Hexas to 7" screen with android auto. Is it possible? If it happens, it augurs well for TATA MOTORS.
Old 28th February 2019, 23:18   #4660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Thanks for that link. You're definitely onto something there. My first reaction on reading this news in the morning was that the Hexa is going to stay. Otherwise, why would Tata care to launch a refresh with modern ICE and all for a model they will discontinue after a year?

Now I'm totally confused after reading the ACI article.
In the February 2019 issue, page 41, ACI has gone to print that Tata is likely to kill the Hexa. It's been nearly 1 month that the issue is on stands, yet if the reports were untrue, Tata would have issued a clarification or asked ACI to issue an apology. None of that has happened. So what does that tell you... 😉

Also the ICE is picked from the Tiago. So only the front plastic panel that fits on the facia is new. So it's not as if Tata had to do significant investment for it. Although it's good that they've addressed the issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
In the Hexa owners group I saw mention of possibility of "paid" upgrade of infotainment system for current Hexas to 7" screen with android auto. Is it possible? If it happens, it augurs well for TATA MOTORS.
Fairly straightforward job in my view. Many owners were cribbing about the lack of it.

Regards,
Powertrain

Last edited by powertrain : 28th February 2019 at 23:27.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 11:19   #4661
BHPian

With the launch of new Hexa with 7" touchscreen having android auto functionality, Tata has addressed a major gripe that most prospective buyers had. Another good change is 17" alloys on XT 4X4. 19" ones never made sense on the 4x4 in the first place.
Just hope even the existing buyers get an option of upgrading their touchscreens as well.
Old 1st March 2019, 13:21   #4662
BHPian

Why are folks hung up on a touch screen? I am just not able to comprehend. When driving a vehicle, how many times do you glance at the screen?
And using the touchscreen to me is akin to using a mobile phone while driving - distraction, nothing else.

Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 13:43   #4663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Why are folks hung up on a touch screen? I am just not able to comprehend. When driving a vehicle, how many times do you glance at the screen?
And using the touchscreen to me is akin to using a mobile phone while driving - distraction, nothing else.

Nikhil
Well, there will be 5-7 other people in the Hexa. They'll enjoy the touchscreen. Also, Android auto is definitely useful for Google maps.
Old 1st March 2019, 14:37   #4664
BHPian

Quote:

Nikhil
Well, many times, I get dangerously distracted trying to look at the mobile on my lap when I'm using G Maps. I've seen others (and pretty much all taxi drivers) using kludgy, after market, mobile holder solutions on their wind screens. Therefore, I for one do think there is a solid use case for manufacturers to provide a good quality touch screen ICE.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 15:12   #4665
BHPian

Quote:

Nikhil
It was never really about the touch screen. It was about a more user friendly experience than what the Hexa originally came with. The 7 inch screen was the pre-requisite to enable the better experience. Whether that was through Android Auto or other means.

The ICE is a touch screen today as well. People are using the term more generically for the "screen", since it is a touch screen in most cases.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks