Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2019, 20:55   #4681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSolEn View Post
Thanks a lot! I have followed your posts about changing the wheel sizes as well. It is actually good that the updated car will get 17 inchers instead of 19. I will have to decide on the alloys though once I see the car in person.
Oh yes, it's great that they have decided to offer 17" wheels now. I would suggest you stick with the OEM alloys, just to avoid giving Tata a chance to deny you warranty on suspension etc. Also, you get the better display now, with Android auto. I just missed it by a whisker. :-)
Old 11th March 2019, 12:17   #4682
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

How much have guys on this thread paid for 2nd year Hexa XTA insurance with NCB?
I am being quoted 30K+- 2K for mine.
Old 17th March 2019, 21:06   #4683
BHPian

Got the first service of my Hexa XT 4x4 done today. Just about 3 months and 2300 odd kms done so far. As usual, the first service was just inspection/ check up and a good nice foam wash. One of the rear door handles was not opening properly, which was promptly fixed by TASS guys.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190317_150409.jpg

All foamed up.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190317_150426.jpg
nvldvr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 09:41   #4684
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi, Doesn't anyone have any contacts for senior management for Tata in South India. We booked a Hexa XMA and asked ordered the original Fog Lamp/DRL Kit and original Rear View Camera to integrate into the OE system/screen.

When we came to take delivery, we found some cheap chinese rear view camera with a huge screen installed over the original rear view mirror and the back bumper was damaged because it looks like they used some blunt drill to make the hole for the camera. They also installed some cheap Chinese fog lamps and drilled a hole in the dash to install the switch. Not to mention the shoddy wiring. There is a skinny wire running from the fog lamp across the engine to inside the dash. Appalling, really !!.

Long story short, we were furious and refused to pay the accessories bill of about 16K for this Chinese shit. How can a dealer install aftermarket Chinese shit when I have ordered OE accessories and willing to pay whatever premium for the OE set up? Does Tata motors policy allow chinese stuff to be installed on their cars? What about the warranty?

I really want to escalate this to Tata Motors.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexapic1.jpeg  

Last edited by 4x4addict : 18th March 2019 at 09:46.
4x4addict is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 10:32   #4685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi, Doesn't anyone have any contacts for senior management for Tata in South India. We booked a Hexa XMA and asked ordered the original Fog Lamp/DRL Kit and original Rear View Camera to integrate into the OE system/screen.

I really want to escalate this to Tata Motors.
Sounds really bad. Maybe, try twitter. Usually complaints made over twitter will be handled better.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 11:20   #4686
BANNED

Quote:
Long story short, we were furious and refused to pay the accessories bill of about 16K for this Chinese shit. How can a dealer install aftermarket Chinese shit when I have ordered OE accessories and willing to pay whatever premium for the OE set up? Does Tata motors policy allow chinese stuff to be installed on their cars? What about the warranty?
A few points here,

1. If the installed accessories are TML authorised, your warranty will be in force.
2. Was the understanding between you and the dealer clear on what brand/kind/size of accessories you wanted fitted?
3. Which dealer and which city is this?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 14:21   #4687
BHPian

Took a Test drive of Hexa XTA during the weekend and was impressed by the automatic gearbox. However, it did make some squeaking noise while I shifted gears, which I did not expected from a 20000kms run car. Overall, I have heard praises about the gearbox. Does the unit suffer from any reliability issues? Would like to hear comments, if any, from owners.
Old 18th March 2019, 14:28   #4688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh boy! Talk about a bad start. In addition to the fog wiring, do check the reverse cam wiring, if they have spliced any wire to connect the cam? Maybe reverse lamp light, as is the case with most local installers.

If you had a clear understanding about getting OE accessories only with the dealer then it's really bad on their part. Maybe detail out the experience in a separate dealer thread and shoot an email to Tata with that link. Social media, as always, is another avenue you can use to report this. ATB!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 20:51   #4689
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.
Which alloys are these? Do you have the offset and Dia details? Also, can you share the cost?

Do they touch the wheel well anywhere?
Old 19th March 2019, 00:00   #4690
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
2. Was the understanding between you and the dealer clear on what brand/kind/size of accessories you wanted fitted?
Luckily all communication was on record via email and they even quoted for the OE equipment but installed cheap shit.

Quote:
TAFE Access - Coimbatore, TN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
If you had a clear understanding about getting OE accessories only with the dealer then it's really bad on their part. Maybe detail out the experience in a separate dealer thread and shoot an email to Tata with that link. Social media, as always, is another avenue you can use to report this. ATB!
Managed to get a contact for a senior person in charge of the customer care for the Hexa/Harrier range. Correction is in progress.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th March 2019 at 19:09. Reason: Typo fixed.
4x4addict is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 12:20   #4691
BHPian

1665 kms Road Trip to Jodhpur

Did a 3 day long trip to Jodhpur, Osian, and Pali clocking 1665 Kms in total on Hexa XM. Hexa performed amazingly well, even in the deserts of Osian. I tried Hexa in Osian deserts on Rough Mode and it was too comfortable in there, with no wheel or even a single hiccup. We went to Osian, Jodhpur for Jeep safari and the guy was like, "why don't you get your car for desert safari"

Rest, roads are amazing in Rajsthan and driving Hexa was a pleasure. Overtaking is a breeze in this monster. Tried attaching pictures but seems like I do not have permissions to do that. Still!

MODS: I am not able to attach pictures to my post. Gives me a security error. Kindly allow.
shivathedude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 13:23   #4692
BHPian

Good on you buddy. Will get you the number. Was nice to see your post here. 😁😁
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:46   #4693
BHPian

[quote=ac3112;4353799
4) The Harman infotainment system is superb. I can not compare with the one with JBL speakers in XT/XTA, but can assure one that the quality of the audio is extremely rich and mature[/QUOTE]

I have recently taken delivery of an XMA model. I have two questions if you could help 1. Did your audio system have a remote control 2. Did you get the HEXA branded carpet mats with the vehicle or the plain rubber mats.
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:57   #4694
BHPian

Quote:
A few points here,

1. If the installed accessories are TML authorised, your warranty will be in force.
I was with 4X4addict for this delivery. Our emails were very clear asking for the OE parts from the XTA model. Tafe Access Coimbatore.
Old 25th March 2019, 12:37   #4695

Hi Friends,

I have been a long time Team-BHP member - not very active in posting but extremely active in reading up the vast knowledge base available here.

I need some help & guidance from the experts here. We have been planning to upgrade our car(we own the dependable & trustworthy swift since 2007) to a family sedan/suv. In this search, we have evaluated Ciaz, then XUV, then Creta, then Civic, then XUV again & now finally have settled on Hexa!

Even though a Tata car was never on our radar but call it serendipity or whatever, just before booking XUV, I urged my wife n kids to check out Harrier at a Tata showroom just a km away. While we were completely blown away by Harrier's looks, it was Hexa which we immediately liked - understated design, amazing interiors, road presence, space and finally the amazing drive of XTA. Frankly, we never expected that Tata SUV could be so smooth with very low noise.
Note - Harrier's drive was surprisingly/shockingly bad with very high vibrations & noise inside the cabin.

So just within 2 days of the TD, we have decided to book an XTA. However, there have been a few questions that surprisingly the showroom guys were also unable to answer and I have not been able to find answers online as well. That's why turning to the experts here -
1. We want to book latest Hexa 2019(7 inch ICE, 19 inch alloys etc) in Arizona blue colour. However, I am told that the new models come ONLY with dual tone option! If true, this is quite weird as dual tone usually is an option & not the only option. Any ideas here?
2. Secondly, there are hardly any pics or marketing material available online that shows Arizona blue with dual tone colours. The pics on Tata motors website doesn't do justice. I personally feel that tungsten silver with black roof looks much better than arizona blue & grey roof but would want to make the final decision only after seeing enough pics(or seeing the car for real).
3. Out of the two dealers I spoke to, only one of them was aware that the new 2019 Hexa comes with only one exhaust as opposed to two in the previous models. Not sure what the reason for this change esp when it looked so cool.
Again, this info is only from a dealer & no where mentioned on hexa brouchers etc. Can anyone please confirm this?
4. Lastly, does it make sense to buy the 4-5th year extended warranty? Our annual drive is just about 7k km now but again it may change with Hexa :-)

I would highly appreciate the help!

Thanks
Sharad

P.S - I hope it is the right place to ask such questions. Also, I tried searching for this info but couldn't find it in any thread yet.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th March 2019 at 13:29. Reason: Typo edited
chaustsher is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks