Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2019, 09:59   #4741
BHPian

Another link from cartoq with the Hexa pulling a truck out. How drivers avoid burning their clutch in such cases is beyond me! I find it difficult to climb a steep muddy incline without burning the clutch thanks to the initial lag.

https://www.cartoq.com/tata-hexa-truck/amp/
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 14:09   #4742
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Am trying to desperately get some officially confirmed info about the availability or non-availability of the XTA in Arizona Blue, single tone. Have called many dealers in Delhi/Noida since last weekend and due to some bizarre reason I can't get an answer. What's worse is Pahwa Safdarjung who had given me a test drive many months back has shut shop. The Noida showroom - Sagar is not picking up the phone, making me wonder if they are gone as well. Concorde, Lajpat Nagar gave me an answer, which was negative, but somehow I felt he wants to get rid of the dual tone white he has lying in his showroom, which he tried to push desperately.

Worst part is, customercare@tatamotors.com isn't responding to their emails anymore either.

What on earth is going on? Is the auto industry situation really this bad that showrooms are just vanishing from the face of the earth? Or is this the start of the Tata experience, even before the Sales is made?

Contrast this with Toyota. The sales guy from their Chhatarpur showroom has already added me to WhatsApp and sent me a hello/confirmation message for my test drive of the Crysta on Saturday.

Last edited by rovingeye : 1st May 2019 at 14:10.
Old 1st May 2019, 15:52   #4743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Worst part is, customercare@tatamotors.com isn't responding to their emails anymore either.

Contrast this with Toyota.
Would advise you to take up the matter via Twitter handles of Tata Motors and Hexa. Or even in instagram or Facebook. Usually, complaints made over twitter will be responded.

Don't think you will be able to get a single tone Hexa unless you find one in a dealer stock. . I asked my dealer for the same and he contact the regional manager and confirmed that XT/XTA will no longer be available in single tone. All those which have been manufactured in Feb 2019 and later will be dual tone variants. Try calling the dealers outside your place to see if they have one in stock. For instance, my dealer has one Jan 2019 Blue in stock. Or if you can't find one, may be wait a bit and may be Tata will again manufacture the single tone ones. I personally found the Sky grey to be the best among dual tone variants. But, Hexa looks so much better in single tone.

Speaking of Toyota, even I had such a positive experience at my local Toyota Dealer(Nippon Toyota) that I felt like buying the Innova just because of the dealer experience. Even I received a call from JD power India (on behalf of Toyota) for feedback on my dealer experience.

Last edited by akhil_rpmlover : 1st May 2019 at 15:59.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 16:14   #4744
BHPian

Quote:
The Noida showroom - Sagar is not picking up the phone, making me wonder if they are gone as well.
Sagar motors Noida is very much there. I bought my Nexon from there only. My SA (can pass on his number) was pretty helpful back then. May be you can talk to him once.

P.S: Please note that i have no commercial interests here, just trying to help you.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 16:35   #4745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Try calling the dealers outside your place to see if they have one in stock. For instance, my dealer has one Jan 2019 Blue in stock. Or if you can't find one, may be wait a bit and may be Tata will again manufacture the single tone ones. I personally found the Sky grey to be the best among dual tone variants.
Oh man. That does not sound promising at all. Even I ran into a dealer who has the single tone XTA, but that one is from Jan 2019 and does not have the latest updates that the Hexa received couple of months back.

I've not seen any dual tone ones in flesh yet. Let me check them out on Saturday.

I'm going to buy one of the big diesels before Apr 2020, lest they become extinct or foolishly expensive.

Last edited by rovingeye : 1st May 2019 at 17:02.
Old 1st May 2019, 17:05   #4746
BHPian

Quote:
Oh man. That does not sound promising at all. Even I ran into a dealer who has the single tone XTA, but that one is from Jan 2019 and does not have the latest updates that the Hexa received couple of months back.

I've not seen any dual tone ones in flesh yet. Let me check them out on Saturday.
The only good update that I think it received is the bigger touchscreen unit. But then, it doesn't have any physical buttons other than the ones on steering wheel. I personally prefer a Touchscreen unit which has at least a few hardware buttons such as volume button. Since the volume button is available in the steering wheel, it's not much of a deal breaker though. The other change is with just single tone mood lighting. The other changes, such as alloys are on the manual variant only. So, If you can live with the old unit, try bargaining and you might end up with a sweet deal on the Jan 2019 model. I have posted a couple of photos of dual tone variants on the last page. Further, if you need more photos, pm me. Happy to help.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 18:01   #4747
BHPian

A tastefully modified Hexa. Why didn't TATA release this shade at launch? Looks gorgeous!
Images shared by the owner Abhinav, in our group.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190503_125700_898.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20190502_214621_691.jpg  

Last edited by abhi7013 : 3rd May 2019 at 18:04.
abhi7013 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 18:08   #4748
BHPian

Oh wow!! Good looking that one.

Is he allowed to do it legally though? There's a thread that says Supreme Court does not allow modifications?!

I wish the Hexa came in black too.
Old 3rd May 2019, 19:40   #4749
Senior - BHPian

Color change can be endorsed on RC, atleast in HR26 (Gurgaon) it can be done.
Old 5th May 2019, 09:34   #4750
BHPian

Hello long term Hexa owners - have a question about the black interior plastics quality. For those of you who have now completed couple of years of ownership and also those who are approaching that milestone, how easy or difficult are you finding it to keep the internal black plastics looking nice and shiny?
Old 5th May 2019, 09:43   #4751
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello long term Hexa owners - have a question about the black interior plastics quality. For those of you who have now completed couple of years of ownership and also those who are approaching that milestone, how easy or difficult are you finding it to keep the internal black plastics looking nice and shiny?
2yrs/60000km done in my XTA. Interior plastics are as good as new. No rattles, no squeaks, no fading and thanks to a strict microfiber only cleaning regimen, very little scratches. The exterior cladding on the bumpers and doors however has ever so slightly started to fade. This fading is uniform over all exterior black claddings, including the ones on the D pillar.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 5th May 2019 at 09:44.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 10:58   #4752
BHPian

Quote:
Done 2.5 years and 37,000 kms. I wash the car just twice every month and clean interiors mostly once in two months. There's no special attention that is given while cleaning. Yet, once the interiors are cleaned, it just looks as good as new and apart from the rattles of objects and loose coins in the arm rest or glove box, there's not a single squeak from anywhere.
Am pretty sure this car will age pretty well even considering my rare cleaning instances!
abhi7013 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 22:09   #4753
BHPian

Quote:
Hello long term Hexa owners - have a question about the black interior plastics quality.
Hello Rovingeye, 31,000 done in 1.5 years, just today my wife commented that the car looks and feels as good as new! touch wood. The interior plastic accentuate the dark cabin that I personally like. Once two months I use 3M dashboard cleaner to lubricate the plastic. The car is run with 100 percent AC and the interior is spanking new! The only thing that is missing in the car is the plastic cover for the seats and the new car smell.
doxinboy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 14:15   #4754
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Oh wow!! Good looking that one.

Is he allowed to do it legally though? There's a thread that says Supreme Court does not allow modifications?!

I wish the Hexa came in black too.
The owner has implemented a wrapping job on his Tata Hexa XT 4X4. The wrap used in this job is 1080 Metallic Red from 3M and the whole wrap job is carried by the professionals at IED Autoworks. Took 4 days.

Wrapping does not require modifications to the RC of the vehicle.

Read the complete story here: https://www.cartoq.com/this-is-india...oks-brilliant/

-Shiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
A tastefully modified Hexa. Why didn't TATA release this shade at launch? Looks gorgeous!
Images shared by the owner Abhinav, in our group.
Any idea about pricing?

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th May 2019 at 16:25. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
shivathedude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 15:43   #4755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
Any idea about pricing?
The last i spoke to them (2 years back), they were charging ~40k for non 3M wrap for a hatchback. The 3M one was around 70k.

Hexa being a much bigger car, would cost much more.

Most Viewed