Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
Any idea about pricing?
Roughly 1.2L as per my interactions.

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2019 at 00:07. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 9th May 2019, 14:46   #4757

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hi All,

I've been following Team BHP since the last 8-9 years or so and finally got fortunate enough to become one of its member.

I am planning to buy a Hexa pretty soon. Thanks to this thread that I got an unbiased review about the vehicle and I became very clear to buy a Hexa over XUV or Innova.

Just wanted to know if the Tata Service Centres (specially the Noida one) are in sync with the "new clientele" Tata is attracting ? I used to own a Safari Dicor 7 years back. The Tata Service Centres were pathetic then. The service managers did not treat the Vehicle Owners properly and the place used to be a mess.

I am totally sold for Tata Hexa, however the feedback about the Service Centres shall be a major deciding factor for me based on my past experiences with Tata.
Old 9th May 2019, 15:57   #4758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaj View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if the Tata Service Centres (specially the Noida one) are in sync with the "new clientele" Tata is attracting ? I used to own a Safari Dicor 7 years back. The Tata Service Centres were pathetic then. The service managers did not treat the Vehicle Owners properly and the place used to be a mess.
Welcome to the forum and many congrats on choosing such a capable product. I live in Noida and have owned 2 Tata vehicles in the recent past. The first being a Tata Zest that i had for 3 years (and 95k kms) and then upgraded to a Nexon (14 months and 32k kms). I get my car serviced at Sagar Motors, sector 5 and i find it ok.

The service centre is small with not much space to move around but the staff is still managing things there. The situation has improved in the last 4 years and people treat you with respect, the basic thing that you expect. The service centre is not fancy with a big lounge but is not bad either. Service managers are fairly competent and i have not faced any technical issue yet. They do try to include unnecessary things during service but if you say no, they politely agree. I would rate the overall experience between 6 and 7 on a scale of 10.

However, i don't think you should base your decision on the condition of SC's in your area. Tata SC's are neither excellent nor pathetic. Buy the vehicle that you feel meets your needs.
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 20:37   #4759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalaj View Post

I am totally sold for Tata Hexa, however the feedback about the Service Centres shall be a major deciding factor for me based on my past experiences with Tata.
Hi,

I also live in Noida and currently own a Tata Safari Storme since 2014. I get it serviced at the Sab Motors, Ghaziabad service centre since the beginning. The experience has been nothing short of fabulous so far.

The service advisor and the staff are very polite and knowledgeable too. They have taken excellent care of my vehicle so far. The ambience has improved vastly since last 3-4 years as pointed out by another BHPian.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 18:54   #4760
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Hello long term Hexa owners - have a question about the black interior plastics quality. For those of you who have now completed couple of years of ownership and also those who are approaching that milestone, how easy or difficult are you finding it to keep the internal black plastics looking nice and shiny?
I have an ARIA since 2012 (7 years) and can vouch for the quality of the plastics in the interior. Externally, I challenge anyone to guess its age. Done just about 58K kms now. No rattles, no noises, not even fading of the plastics colour. However, I do apply dash fluid of Formula 1 once every 4-6 months.
lifebuoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 15:53   #4761

Hi All

Hexa update:

I bought my Hexa XT 4x4 in Dec18 and drove around a bit for a month(7500km all over the country). My job is such that I'm home once in 4-5months. So before I rejoined duty in Jan 19, I prepared the Hexa for storage ie disconnected battery, placed paper between wipers and windshield, powdered rubber parts, threw lots of moth balls in the car and blocked the exhaust with steel wool. I also topped up the tank and filled nitrogen in the tyres.

We don't have a garage so the Hexa was out in the open with a protective vehicle cover. So I came back yesterday and inspected the car and surrounding area for signs of rats. Luckily no movement of rodents. I connected the battery, flicked the key in and the car came came to life in a single crank!

No coil heating repeat or anything. What an amazing no nonsense machine!

For anyone who is planning to buy the Hexa; I can assure you it's a civilian tank!!!

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like..... this....

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2019 at 00:09. Reason: Formatted for readability
ghostforce is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 17:14   #4762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostforce View Post
For anyone who is planning to buy the hexa ..... I can assure you it's a civilian tank!!!
That's incredible! It's just so lame that Tata has discontinued the single tone Arizona Blue on the Hexa. I'm sure we have a few interested buyers on our forum itself (myself included) for that color, who are unable to buy because of Tata's stupidity. Although they launched the dual tone versions calling them as "options", in reality, they just stopped making the single tone versions. Not much of an "option" for the interested buyer, is it?

Just today, I spoke with a sales guy from Tata who was trying to justify Tata's decision by saying that the Nexon sells in large numbers in the dual tone, to which I reminded him that the Nexon is probably aimed at a much younger audience who might enjoy the dual tone, but the Hexa is aimed at a more mature crowd. He started laughing.

Well, what can I say? If Tata kills the Hexa in April 2020 and does not re-introduce the single tone versions by then, I guess its no Hexa for me.

Last edited by rovingeye : 16th May 2019 at 17:15.
rovingeye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 17:33   #4763
BHPian

Hexa single tone is available with lower variants. XM and XM+ still sell with single tone colors. If one is okay with features XM+ offers, which is pretty much close to XT, they can go with XM+ and enjoy single tone colours. Although I don't understand why Tata is deleting features from Hexa. 8 colored ambient mood lightning was one of the niceties Tata deleted. My two cents.
shivathedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 15:43   #4764
BHPian

I am in a strange spot. Is the service schedule for HEXA Auto annual or six monthly?

While buying, to my usual question about frequency of Service, I clearly remember I was told it’s annual. Been visiting the service centre based on their service reminders. The usual refrain every alternate visit is “oh this one is just a top up service..”. Had taken the Gold AMC even though I knew the usage will be relatively low.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-b36e557797ad44e2a9f20a793ed16488.jpeg  

maven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:43   #4765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I am in a strange spot. Is the service schedule for HEXA Auto annual or six monthly?

While buying, to my usual question about frequency of Service, I clearly remember I was told it’s annual. Been visiting the service centre based on their service reminders. The usual refrain every alternate visit is “oh this one is just a top up service..”. Had taken the Gold AMC even though I knew the usage will be relatively low.
It is 20k km or a year, which ever comes earlier.
thedragonreborn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:56   #4766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedragonreborn View Post
It is 20k km or a year, which ever comes earlier.
Every 20000 as annual service seems alright but then they should not have had the interim 10000 ones. In effect you are taking the vehicle to the service centre every 6 months even though the semi annual is just a token visit. From an owners point of view it still involves logistics, effort to take out stuff from car, schedule and plan the visit etc.
maven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 17:06   #4767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Every 20000 as annual service seems alright but then they should not have had the interim 10000 ones. In effect you are taking the vehicle to the service centre every 6 months even though the semi annual is just a token visit. From an owners point of view it still involves logistics, effort to take out stuff from car, schedule and plan the visit etc.

Very true. But if you are an insufferable pedant like me, then you will find me changing my engine oil out at every 5k km until I hit 20/25k on the odo. Far more frequent visits than the once every 6 months for me

On the other hand, token visits are more welcome than bits going off over a longer gap.

By the by, manufacturers who don't want you in the service centers any more frequently than a year, are mostly being optimistic, and a tad dishonest. It paints a picture of health without much maintenance cost, which is rare.
thedragonreborn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 07:12   #4768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
I have an ARIA since 2012 (7 years) and can vouch for the quality of the plastics in the interior. Externally, I challenge anyone to guess its age. Done just about 58K kms now. No rattles, no noises, not even fading of the plastics colour. However, I do apply dash fluid of Formula 1 once every 4-6 months.
I used manza for 1.25L kms. Took excellent care of it with Meguiars and 3M. Interiors were immaculate till about 1L and in very good shape after 1.25L. Was the only car in its class in 2010 to offer anything soft touch.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 16:40   #4769
Senior - BHPian

Hi!

Is anyone facing high brake oil consumption on the Hexa with ABS ?

I'm surprised that after a recent service with brake pad change, the complete brake fluid was over or drained out perhaps, within 500kms, resulting in brake oil low warnings and later the parking brake warning was lit continuously.

There are no apparent leaks.

Thankfully I was close to Tirupati and managed to purchase HP heavy duty brake fluid and refill as a stop gap measure. The recommended oil is DOT 4, whereas I got a DOT 3 i think.

I'm planning to send it for a full checkup and replacement of the brake fluid. However wanted to ask if there are others who are seeing high brake fluid usage.

thanks
Srinivas
smsrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 18:57   #4770
BHPian

Mod note: Post edited for readability, please use Paragraph breaks and limit smilie usage to two per post. Thanks.

Hi,

I've been on turbo mode over last few months reading anything and everything here on SUVs current and expected as we were in need of a proper SUV to do long weekends trips to the ghats and to tick off a few road trips (bucket list)
We wanted one with automatic gear box.

Tata Nexon was the initial topper till we test dove it in 2017 to realise how small it was.

As we started looking at the higher bracket, Compass, XUV 500, Hexa, Crysta and Harrier came in to play.

Harrier: Loved the looks but didn't even bother test driving after the detailed review here and concerns raised regarding steering at high speeds, as safety is paramount

Crysta was lovely to drive and loved the convenient interiors albeit touch exepensive, but the body roll killed it for us.

XUV 500 plush edition: ticked a lot of the boxes. Test drove the W11 AT and it was a revealation in ease of navigating in traffic as well as the smooth yet significant power delivery. The interiors and latest gadgets + sunroof were tempting. I noticed that the SA had brought the car with underfilled tyres and realised why as soon as we got in to some rough patches on the road. Sadly, the uber stiff suspension killed it for us.

Compass: while awesome to drive was neither big enough nor VFM.

Hexa was test driven few times a year back and was impressive in its comfort levels and highway stance. I'm a laid back driver, so the sluggish power delivery at beginning didn't put me off as the vehicle was more than capable past 40kmph. Turning radius is a touch troublesome, but we were happy to ignore it at this size bracket. The biggest plus was the feed back from owners up and down the country. I'm yet to come across an owner who is regretful about his Hexa despite the awesome looking Harrier and soon to be launch Buzzard in the wings. The XTA price range and Bangalore road tax were something that put us off though.

Then I started reading the used car advice and kept the option open for a not too old car. As luck would have it, we have managed to find one which is Feb 2018 make with 2000 odd km on the odo for a very competitive price. Really relieved to share that after a long search, countless hours in this website and others, we are expecting to take delivery tomorrow (I'm armed with the Team BHP PDI checklist). Looking forward to some comfortable time with a great home made product.

This journey and the final choice would not have been possible but for the professional reviewers, visionary seniors and passionate fellow members of this family. Indebted to all of you in a big way

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th May 2019 at 19:01.
ram1kv is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed