Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2019, 19:06   #4846
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
You can find several pics in my Travelogue from last year:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...road-trip.html
Excellent traveloue. Mind sharing the auto dimming IRVM purchase link please?
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 12:26   #4847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Saw a new XM+ variant with the new alloy wheel design on Hexa. I think they have been painted grey. From a distance, it's difficult to make out whether they are steel or alloys. The older ones looked so much better. This one is just boring. Why couldn't they retain the older design and just make it a size smaller?
Attachment 1894099
These are not new alloy designs. These came along with the advent of XM+ model. These are inherited from Safari Storme and used on Hexa XM+ as charcoal grey coloured alloys. Nothing new.
shivathedude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 13:39   #4848

There's a lot of speculation in the media off late about tata discontinuing the hexa. The company released a statement yesterday stating the same.
This has got me thinking. I'm not really planning to sell my hexa for a long time so resale is not an issue. But would spare parts and other service be affected. Is there anything else that hexa owners need to do to brace for the impact?
Old 15th July 2019, 14:01   #4849
BHPian

I could not find any official statement from websites hosted by TATA Motors themselves but amidst speculation different auto websites give different statements claimed to be made by TATA themselves. Cartoq reports that TATA may not discontinue Hexa and here is the link below
https://www.cartoq.com/tata-motors-h...scontinuation/
Till officially TATA halts production or informs dealers and stops selling, this news remains speculative material.
cs_rajesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 21:05   #4850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Excellent traveloue. Mind sharing the auto dimming IRVM purchase link please?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3268...46554c4dTmIdcv

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
I could not find any official statement from websites hosted by TATA Motors themselves but amidst speculation different auto websites give different statements claimed to be made by TATA themselves. Cartoq reports that TATA may not discontinue Hexa and here is the link below
It's funny how when one website irresponsibly writes a news article without checking for facts, it becomes viral and gets circulated over & over again. Eyebrows are raised, questions are asked, people fret and fume, brand haters make hay and brand lovers lose their sleep.

The brand itself keeps mum.

And then, all of a sudden, some other website writes a different snippet & the entire process start again.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 23:18   #4851
BHPian

I'm in the market looking for a good 3 row seater and always had my eyes set on the Hexa, right from the day i was invited to test drive & exp the vehicle around 2years ago in B'lore. Now that Vitamin M is working out, i'm ready to take the plunge.

But, i'm now confused - XMA or XM+

Automatic was something that i really want to go for, but on the other hand i have been managing a Manual so far so can continue do so with goodies like cruise control & alloy wheels available in XM+

But in a city like Bangalore, Auto is such a relief.

I have got the quotes for both the variants from the nearby dealer in B'lore - 19.4 for XMA and 19.2 for XM+, both for 2019 MY.

What do the veterans advice? How should i go about making a decision here?
Old 17th July 2019, 23:55   #4852
BHPian

I'd advise to wait for things to be clearer about the Hexa post BS6. There will probably be better discounts too in case it does get discontinued, and you might get the XTA at prices closer to the XMA.
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 06:40   #4853
BHPian

I'd advise a stretch in your budget and go in for an XTA. Own one and am really happy with it.
studedude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 08:26   #4854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post

I have got the quotes for both the variants from the nearby dealer in B'lore - 19.4 for XMA and 19.2 for XM+, both for 2019 MY.

What do the veterans advice? How should i go about making a decision here?

Hexa's automatic is a class leading one , while the manual is not the best when you compare it to other cars out there. I went in to buy the XM , but the sales person convinced me to take a test drive of XMA and I booked it that day itself. For Hexa , automatic is the car to go for.

If you are particular about cruise control , stretch your budget and get the XTA. An automatic will be far more easier to drive than a manual with cruise control . If you get Hexa to 80 kmph and leave the accelerator , it will cruise at that same speed for a long time dropping speed very slowly. In Indian conditions Hexa's weight and idle torque is all the cruise control you will ever need .Sarcasm intended. Please don't roast me for this.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 18th July 2019 at 08:45.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 09:24   #4855
BHPian

I doubt there will be much of discounts if at all there is an official announcement on stopping of production for India. The sales are already low and plans would have already been in place to reduce production in stages so there would not be too many unsold products. Since Hexa is one amazing product, demand will likely increase after the official announcement.
Old 18th July 2019, 10:17   #4856
BHPian

I don't think the Hexa would be stopped, specially after reading this where TATA specifically says it will stay even after commencement of BS6.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190718-10.06.35.jpeg

Last edited by abhi7013 : 18th July 2019 at 10:19.
abhi7013 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 10:47   #4857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
I don't think the Hexa would be stopped, specially after reading this where TATA specifically says it will stay even after commencement of BS6.
Wow! Mr.Barman is the first one from Tata to come out and state unequivocally that the Hexa will stay on after BS VI. So much for that famous pic depicting the Hexa, Storme etc. on a tomb-stone's epitaph.

I now have something to look forward to upgrade to!
locusjag is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 12:35   #4858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
I'd advise a stretch in your budget and go in for an XTA. Own one and am really happy with it.
Vitamin M in limited availability. Can't cross the 20L mark, XMA itself is a bit of stretch for me. Had test driven the XTA and was just bowled over. So, the decision to go with XMA, atleast i get the automatic home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Hexa's automatic is a class leading one , while the manual is not the best when you compare it to other cars out there. I went in to buy the XM , but the sales person convinced me to take a test drive of XMA and I booked it that day itself. For Hexa , automatic is the car to go for.

If you are particular about cruise control , stretch your budget and get the XTA. An automatic will be far more easier to drive than a manual with cruise control . If you get Hexa to 80 kmph and leave the accelerator , it will cruise at that same speed for a long time dropping speed very slowly. In Indian conditions Hexa's weight and idle torque is all the cruise control you will ever need .Sarcasm intended. Please don't roast me for this.
Yeah! Even my heart say so. Can live without a Cruise Control or can always upgrade to alloys, but Automatic is something that you can't do anything about. Hence, going ahead with XMA itself. Would be visiting the showroom this weekend to book it. Let's see if the dealer is ready to throw in some more when i have the cheque ready
Thumping Soul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 13:35   #4859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Vitamin M in limited availability. Can't cross the 20L mark, XMA itself is a bit of stretch for me. Had test driven the XTA and was just bowled over. So, the decision to go with XMA, atleast i get the automatic home.

Yeah! Even my heart say so. Can live without a Cruise Control or can always upgrade to alloys, but Automatic is something that you can't do anything about. Hence, going ahead with XMA itself. Would be visiting the showroom this weekend to book it. Let's see if the dealer is ready to throw in some more when i have the cheque ready
Wow, 19+ for an XM/XMA. This have come too far for Hexa. I got my Hexa XM in October last year for 15.9 OTR and I am loving it till date. Within less than year the OTR price has risen manifold.

Going by you love for automatics, would suggest you to go with XMA. You won't be using Cruise Control anyways in Bangalore city traffic for sure, unless you take it out on a highway.
shivathedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 15:07   #4860
BHPian

So,

took the decision to get rid of the 2015 (Nov) Scorpio S10 and upgraded myself to a Hexa XMA.
while just shy of 19 lakhs its a little steep but it is definitely miles ahead of competition in terms of features, fit and finish and the overall value.

things i miss :
- Fogs Lamps (c'mon on a 19 lakh car the XTA type fog lamps are an added accessory for 15K, that is too steeply priced IMHO)
- Alloys (16" ones are 40K and the beautiful 19" are for 1.2 lakhs)
- Woofer (the XTA has a superb 10 speaker deep bass JBL ICE but XMA only get a 8 speaker setup - plus there is not possibility of an upgrade)

- Cruise control, automatic headlamps and wipers are not much of a deal breaker for me.

Things i like:
- Automatic Gearbox is next level !
- Suspension is planted, plush and irons out mumbai craters pretty easily.
- space, space, space !
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190718-15.01.08.jpeg  

jubin is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed