Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2019, 18:51   #5011
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
Thanks for offering help, ram87pune.

I have got the vehicle used and I am not sure about it's complete history. However, today evening while coming back from work the mirrors started moving again. Both the mirrors were stuck.

If the issue crops up again, I will visit the Tata service center which is pretty close by. Thanks again!
No problem buddy. Let's hope that this issue never crops up again. Also have you taken the extended warranty on your car? If no then please do so (if its still possible) at the earliest. I have a total of 5 years warranty on my Hexa which cost me only around 15k rupees and gives me complete peace of mind.
ram87pune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 10:34   #5012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
No problem buddy. Let's hope that this issue never crops up again. Also have you taken the extended warranty on your car? If no then please do so (if its still possible) at the earliest. I have a total of 5 years warranty on my Hexa which cost me only around 15k rupees and gives me complete peace of mind.
Unfortunately, no. I do not have the option of extending the warranty to 5 years now. Hoping that nothing major comes up during the ownership.

Thanks!
paddu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 14:47   #5013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
5. Power on manual - is in-gear acceleration significantly lower on the manual? 0-100 doesn't matter much. I see conflicting data on the net....
Auto mags e.g. Autocar when they mention the performance figures of the manual car they talk about the 4WD version of the car. This many not be an apt comparison to the AT since the AT is 2WD. 4WD can add sufficient weight and drag to blunt the performance. The correct comparison would be with the 2WD MT version. I have not seen the performance numbers of HEXA 2WD MT by any credible publication. All things remaining equal i am yet to see a TC auto with more performance than the manual.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 16:56   #5014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamir View Post
I have problem with Tata dealer and I need your help and advise on how to handle this situation. I will give some background.

I now own a pre-owned Tata XTA but few weeks ago, I was looking for Hexa XMA. I got quotes from few dealers but they were not offering any discounts. Finally, I was contacted by Keshva Motors, Mulund, Mumbai. After a long negotiation, we agreed on a price but they did not gave a quote for the discounted price. I paid them 5000 as a booking amount on Sunday. After that, I called the dealer to confirm that I will get 2019 model with a 7 inch touch screen. He said he will check. He took 3 days but did not respond. So I emailed him on Friday and asked to confirm the size of touch screen. He didnt reply on email but called me and said, he cannot confirm. He said even people at plant do not know. He said I will get 2019 model but is not sure 5 inch or 7 inch. But I still asked him to confirm by day end. He didnt respond by Friday and hence I cancelled my booking on Sat morning by email. Dealer responded on Saturday late evening that car will come with 7 inch. I said I waited for one week and since I didnt hear back, so I cancelled and requested for refund for 5000. They said they cannot refund since I cancelled the booking. I told them I was never told about cancellation fee, nor they gave me any quotation nor did I sign on any booking form, so how they cannot refund. I have email chain for all this but they are not refunding the money. They have stopped picking up the call and are not responding to my emails or SMS. I need your advise on how do I get the refund?
Write to Tata customer care, and post on Twitter as well. Usually, they return the booking amount if you cancel the booking. Visit the dealership once and talk to them in person rather than mailing them.
shivathedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 14:19   #5015
BHPian

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-hexa-sal...n-august-2019/

Dismal performance by Tata Hexa - Sales Figures
Old 12th September 2019, 19:40   #5016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
Thanks for offering help, ram87pune.

I have got the vehicle used and I am not sure about it's complete history. However, today evening while coming back from work the mirrors started moving again. Both the mirrors were stuck.

If the issue crops up again, I will visit the Tata service center which is pretty close by. Thanks again!
This is the problem seen when cleaners or parking attended forcefully fold the mirrors. Please make sure they are operated either electrically or put back to original position if moved manually by someone otherwise they will malfunction.
Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 11:26   #5017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-hexa-sal...n-august-2019/

Dismal performance by Tata Hexa - Sales Figures
I think this has become a built-to-order product. No high discounts either. Seems Tata has cleared most of the stockpile in their yards.
Old 13th September 2019, 22:20   #5018
BHPian

Here's TATA's response to a fellow owner's tweet. Positive and encouraging. I don't think it was a tweet from a random marketing guy in TAMO cause the statements are straightforward with a promise towards a solution as well. Hoping for the best.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot_20190913221855.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot_20190913221910.jpg  

abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 18:09   #5019
Senior - BHPian

So while the Harrier is waiting to 'go Auto', Hexa goes ahead does it anyways. It's also saying 'I'm not going anywhere anytime soon'. Bottom-line; Hexa gets Automatic and many more goodies! Kind of a 'New Life'
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-image11.png  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image12.png  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 18:53   #5020
BHPian

Didn't Hexa have auto before? What's new?
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 19:47   #5021

The Drive modes are not there in Auto, I think the drive modes are the newly added feature.
VinodGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 21:11   #5022
BHPian

Guys the drive modes are only available in MT. There are no such modes in automatic. Neither there is any such news of automatic getting these drive modes.

Regards
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 21:43   #5023
BHPian

Need inputs on a little problem being faced by us in our brand new Hexa.

Recently we installed the side foot steps on our Hexa XT, original accessory from the authorised Tata dealer from whom we purchased the vehicle.

After the installation of the side steps, I am getting squeaking sound from the left side whenever going through bad road or road undulations. There is no sound coming from the right side though. I have taken the vehicle to the TASS for checking and reinstallation but still the sound persists.

Is this a common problem ? The ride enjoyment is getting diluted becoz of the sound. Thinking of dismantling the side steps now.

Would request all Hexa owners to share their inputs on this. Is there a resolution for this ?
Old 14th September 2019, 22:22   #5024
BHPian

I also had this issue, but, the dealer had good mechanics who were able to adjust the footrest so that it does not brush against car body when going over potholes.
Took 10-15mins only
Gurgaon : Hartron Motors
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 23:18   #5025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
I also had this issue, but, the dealer had good mechanics who were able to adjust the footrest so that it does not brush against car body when going over potholes.
Took 10-15mins only
Gurgaon : Hartron Motors
Never faced such an issue, have installed side steps right after taking the delivery. Obviously, side steps do not hinder with car's technicalities. Take the car to the dealer and replicate the issue. Am sure they will be able to conquer it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks