Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2019, 20:45   #5086
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
Hello,

Want feedback from experienced Hexa users, in our 2 month old Hexa XT, the engine malfunction light started glowing and did not go away as usual. It went away after about an hour of driving. Does this indicate any failure in any engine component ? The Hexa is due for 1st free service by the end of this month and I intend to submit this as a complaint.

Pl advise.
Hello Saurabh. Was there any power loss accompanying the engine malfunction light? It is usually the case when the car goes in limp home mode. Were you driving in rains or drove through flooded streets recently or just before that light came on? I am asking this because my Hexa had suffered from water sedimentor getting filled up completely during last monsoons. This is a known issue in Hexa. This causes the engine malfunction light to come up and power loss. This goes off on it's own after sometime.

Since you have a scheduled service coming up, please tell them to drain the sedimentor. Hope this helps.
Old 12th October 2019, 22:20   #5087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
I have been using a aligator mobile holder for the last few months and it is serving me good.
Thanks to aghate, arundeepbv, Reinhard, abhi7013 for their inputs.

The mobile holder issue is resolved. Got “Turbulence” KUEL-SPIGEN from the US. Had seen the same thing while in Singapore (during the Grand Prix) and its more expensive there and cheaper in the US.

Fixing the phone mount was fairly easy. I just followed the instructions as on the product pamphlet. SPIGEN calls the colour as steel grey and it goes quite well with the native colour scheme of Hexa’s dashboard. I was bit sceptical of the single hand operation claim but mounting and removing the phone from the holder is fairly easy one hand effort. Held the iPhone XR in place nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-393a03d0451d4eccab3555179bc733a6.jpeg  

Old 12th October 2019, 22:41   #5088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello Saurabh. Was there any power loss accompanying the engine malfunction light? It is usually the case when the car goes in limp home mode. Were you driving in rains or drove through flooded streets recently or just before that light came on? I am asking this because my Hexa had suffered from water sedimentor getting filled up completely during last monsoons. This is a known issue in Hexa. This causes the engine malfunction light to come up and power loss. This goes off on it's own after sometime.

No, I did not face any power loss when the engine malfunction light was glowing.

No, I have not been driving through flooded streets in the recent past.

Thanks for the input. I will take it up with TASS during the scheduled service this month.
Old 19th October 2019, 09:13   #5089
BHPian

Hello Everyone, I am about to book a Hexa XMA 2019 model. A bit apprehensive about the service cost for the automatic. How much does it cost per service and how has been the TASS experience by far. Maybe Automatic owners can shed some light, that will be really helpful.
Old 19th October 2019, 09:32   #5090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Hello Everyone, I am about to book a Hexa XMA 2019 model. A bit apprehensive about the service cost for the automatic. How much does it cost per service and how has been the TASS experience by far. Maybe Automatic owners can shed some light, that will be really helpful.
I have an XTA since September 2017, covered over 45,000 Kms, all long distance. The car is excellent, very well designed, & engineered....build quality rivals the best available....The automatic gearbox mated to the powerful 2.2 litre engine is amazing.....KHT Motors & Tata Motors are extremely supportive to any issues (in Bangalore).....Go for it !!!!!
shramik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 09:58   #5091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Saurabh. Was there any power loss accompanying the engine malfunction light? It is usually the case when the car goes in limp home mode. Were you driving in rains or drove through flooded streets recently or just before that light came on? I am asking this because my Hexa had suffered from water sedimentor getting filled up completely during last monsoons. This is a known issue in Hexa. This causes the engine malfunction light to come up and power loss. This goes off on it's own after sometime
If water sedimentor gets filled drain it immediately. A drop of water can easily cross through diesel pump and common rail, and get injected into the engine, during injection it suddenly turns into steam in the edge of the injector damaging it.

Rahul
Old 19th October 2019, 10:43   #5092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
There will be a difference in service cost between automatics and manual Hexas. Hexa AT will need a brake pad replacement between 20 to 30k kms. Other than this, there is no difference in service cost. The auto box is sealed for life and do not need any maintenance as per manual. But you may need to change the ATF by 80-100k kms realistically.

I have no complaints about the service experience till now, but I have had to visit service centers a couple of more times than I would have preferred because of the small niggles.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 11:38   #5093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Fixing the phone mount was fairly easy. I just followed the instructions as on the product pamphlet. SPIGEN calls the colour as steel grey and it goes quite well with the native colour scheme of Hexa’s dashboard. I was bit sceptical of the single hand operation claim but mounting and removing the phone from the holder is fairly easy one hand effort. Held the iPhone XR in place nicely.
Could you please show a pic with the phone attached? Any link to the product would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th October 2019, 15:38   #5094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Hexa AT will need a brake pad replacement between 20 to 30k kms.
Why is it? Does it happen to everyone or are you just assuming it might happen because mine's at almost 40k kms now and I haven't replaced mine. I just take mine to the service center every 5k kms just for a 15 min check up and at 35k kms the break pads were fine. Please throw some light, it will be helpful for us.
Old 19th October 2019, 15:46   #5095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Why is it? Does it happen to everyone or are you just assuming it might happen because mine's at almost 40k kms now and I haven't replaced mine. I just take mine to the service center every 5k kms just for a 15 min check up and at 35k kms the break pads were fine. Please throw some light, it will be helpful for us.
Many from the pan India group had to replace it with in 30k. Mine is currently at 20k and I was told by TASS , that I will have to replace it in the next 5k. The SA when I bought the car specifically told in his experience, most owners replace it by 30k. An AT will always have higher brake pad wear than the manuals. Other owners, please shed some light on this.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 16:34   #5096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
The car weight 2 tons+ ! It is bound to eat up pads !!! A lot depends on where & how you drive !!! I change mine when or well before they reach ""critical"" thickness, & never wait for ""minimum"" thickness......Worn out pads will literally eat up discs.....!! Change pads well in time & save the discs...!!
shramik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 16:56   #5097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
There will be a difference in service cost between automatics and manual Hexas. Hexa AT will need a brake pad replacement between 20 to 30k kms. Other than this, there is no difference in service cost. The auto box is sealed for life and do not need any maintenance as per manual. But you may need to change the ATF by 80-100k kms realistically.

A friends Feb 17 Hexa has recently crossed a lakh km, I had gone with him from Pune to Bangalore in the first week of Sept when running was 93k, he has changed brake pads and tires only once at about 70k km, other than that only routine maintenance every 10k km, with oil change at 20K km.

ATF life is supposed to be 10 years 2.4Lakh km.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 12:20   #5098
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry but I didn't get your question. Cruise control let's you cruise at a preset speed with no accelerator input. The moment you touch either the accelerator or the brakes it disengages.
Cruise control doesn't deactivate when you press the accelerate. If you're cruising at 100 and want to overtake someone quickly, you can accelerate to 110 or 120, overtake, and let go of the acceleration. The car slows down to 100 and continues to cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostforce View Post
My question was whether the hexa acceleration would vary in different modes( when the cruise control is engaged)?
I don't think the acceleration will very in different drive modes. I find its acceleration in comfort mode to be same as in auto or dynamic mode.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 15:52   #5099
BANNED

Any input from Delhi NCR folks for stock of Hexa XTA with 19inch rims in tungsten silver. Dealers are creating confusion some say 19inch rims not there anymore but some say are there in XTA.
Old 22nd October 2019, 00:04   #5100
BHPian

Can 6 seater Hexa be converted to 7 seater?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks