Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2019, 07:00   #5101
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Any input from Delhi NCR folks for stock of Hexa XTA with 19inch rims in tungsten silver. Dealers are creating confusion some say 19inch rims not there anymore but some say are there in XTA.
In case you want 19" alloys, you can always upgrade after the purchase.

There are enough people in the Hexa owners group who have put up their 19" alloys for sale. You can get those at pretty reasonable prices.
Old 22nd October 2019, 11:16   #5102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Can 6 seater Hexa be converted to 7 seater?
Technically yes, no issues. You'll have to order the middle row seat (might even be available on Boodmo, have a look) assembly. The mounting points always are present in the chassis as they don't make chassis differently for such small seating differences.

It won't be cheap at all & the price might be enough to put off the plan for most people. Also - note that if such a change is done, there is also one more big task to be done. One needs to get the RC, insurance documentation updated to make it a certified 7 seater. If you don't do that, you are theoretically driving the car illegally with 7 seats and its liable for fines/insurance invalidity.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 12:03   #5103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Technically yes, no issues. You'll have to order the middle row seat (might even be available on Boodmo, have a look) assembly. The mounting points always are present in the chassis as they don't make chassis differently for such small seating differences.

It won't be cheap at all & the price might be enough to put off the plan for most people. Also - note that if such a change is done, there is also one more big task to be done. One needs to get the RC, insurance documentation updated to make it a certified 7 seater. If you don't do that, you are theoretically driving the car illegally with 7 seats and its liable for fines/insurance invalidity.
Thanks. Strangely, I am unable to se my post that you quoted.

The reason I asked is I saw a reasonably priced ad for a 6 seater hexa. If the seat swap is expensive, then it's pointless.

The legal aspect didn't occur to me. I don't think it will impact the ownership though.
Old 22nd October 2019, 12:08   #5104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The reason I asked is I saw a reasonably priced ad for a 6 seater hexa. If the seat swap is expensive, then it's pointless.
See if you can get it anyway. Ride in a Hexa with captain seats...There are few better pleasures than that on offer.
Old 22nd October 2019, 13:51   #5105
BHPian

Quote:
See if you can get it anyway. Ride in a Hexa with captain seats...There are few better pleasures than that on offer.
Middle bench can be used by sick person to sleep on way to hospital, or by anyone to sleep on a long journey. Given the width of hexa, 3 healthy adults, sit comfortably on the bench seat.. Y family has thin people, and we can sit 4
Old 22nd October 2019, 14:46   #5106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Middle bench can be used by sick person to sleep on way to hospital, or by anyone to sleep on a long journey. Given the width of hexa, 3 healthy adults, sit comfortably on the bench seat.. Y family has thin people, and we can sit 4
Please do not promote the use of rear bench as a makeshift bed. It is highly highly dangerous. Just imagine what that already sick person would suffer lying on that bench seat if god forbid the driver suddenly applies brakes or takes evasive action to avoid hitting cow,dog etc of which there are plenty on our roads. That sick patient would then have to be directly taken to a crematorium. Same applies for sleeping on the rear bench on a long journey.

As much as I agree with you regarding the rear bench seat of Hexa being extremely wide and comfortable, I simply don't like someone using it to sleep.
ram87pune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 15:19   #5107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Please do not promote the use of rear bench as a makeshift bed. It is highly highly dangerous.
Appreciate your concern. But how else does a very sick person travel to hospital? Omni amd Eeco are used as ambulance, and patients sleep in them. And they are as unsafe as cars get.
Old 22nd October 2019, 15:57   #5108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate your concern. But how else does a very sick person travel to hospital? Omni amd Eeco are used as ambulance, and patients sleep in them. And they are as unsafe as cars get.
  1. Ambulances are given priority and more space. people around are more careful & accidents are less likely.
  2. Patient sleeps parallel to the direction of the travel & chances of getting thrown around are lesser. Also - with a fully opening hatch, ingress-egress is very easy & safe.
  3. Ideally the patient on the stretcher is strapped in when in ambulance. Something impossible in a passenger car.

Also - getting a person into an ambulance using a flexible/standard stretcher is a 10 second task and very safe & as comfortable as possible for the patient. Try doing that in a Hexa. A well built man also clenches a bit when having to climb into these monsters. Its a big & very unsafe task to horizontally lift & get a very ill person into any large MPV's middle seat - where the middle door doesn't open wide either.

My beloved granny was bed ridden for 15 years after a stroke. I had an Omni back then myself. Yet - we never transported her to the hospital in our car. Always called an ambulance. So I know first hand that its best to rely on those good people to take our loved ones to medical help.

Really please, never transport a really ill person in a private car if the person is not in a condition to sit by himself/herself wearing a seat belt. Better call a trained ambulance staff. Also - the Eeco/Omni with a siren will get through little gaps in traffic in half time than what a large private Hexa would. Including the time taken by ambulance to arrive at home, the patient will still reach hospital far earlier than the Hexa in all likelihood.

And the same for fit people & kids. Never let anyone sleep in a moving car please. People should be strapped in. Kids should be in child/booster seats. Just these things if followed properly will save countless lives on Indian roads. (just a thought - not related with your point at all, so not directed towards your post either.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd October 2019 at 16:07.
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 16:04   #5109
BHPian

Thanks, that was very informative!
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:42   #5110
BHPian

Quote:
Checked it out. Took parents along. All three hearts are convinced. Mind says NO due to sheer size, because I don't have another car for city use.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:20   #5111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Any input from Delhi NCR folks for stock of Hexa XTA with 19inch rims in tungsten silver. Dealers are creating confusion some say 19inch rims not there anymore but some say are there in XTA.

XTA does not come with 19inch rims anymore. Sagar Motors Noida has a 7 seater XTA with 19inch rims in brown colour. The model is April 2019 as far as i remember. You can check with the Sales Guy called Vijay.
Old 24th October 2019, 07:35   #5112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
XTA does not come with 19inch rims anymore. Sagar Motors..
Thanks a lot. I just gave confirmation to Concorde for a white one but advance was due for today. I will check with Sagar today.
Old 25th October 2019, 18:48   #5113
BHPian

Check this YouTube Video, as per this video the top-end automatic 2019 comes with 17" wheels.

pkothak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 20:19   #5114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Check this YouTube Video, as per this video the top-end automatic 2019 comes with 17" wheels.
When Tata updated the Hexa with the bigger touchscreen and the dual tone roof, they also replaced the 19 inch wheels of the XT variants with smoked 17 inchers. Only the XTA had those lovely 19 inchers. Then after a few months even the XTA variant lost those 19 inch wheels in favor of the 17 inchers. So now all the top end Hexas have 17 inchers as standard.

My sources tell me that this was done as a cost cutting exercise plus to a certain extent due to the tyre damage cases reported for the 19 inch equipped Hexas. Plus my sources also tell me that if you keep the recommended tyre pressure in all 4 tyres then there won't be any issue of tyre damage since the Hexa has been tested for lakhs of kilometers with those 19 inch wheels without any issue. Now all those 19 inch rims are fitted to the Bangladesh army Hexas.
ram87pune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 01:51   #5115
BHPian

Picked my Hexa XT 4x4. Attaching some pics. Have done around 500 odd KMs. Bought it after evaluating the full size SUVs like Fortuner and endeavour. This replaces my XUV. Comments are from that context.

Accessories and changes:
1. Put Michelin ltx. Wanted pirelli scorpion all terrain plus but couldn't get a recently manufactured one.

Love it:
1. Size and presence
2. Styling - slightly understated and classy
3. Ride ride ride
4. 4x4 ability as and when needed
5. That ICE. Can't play it above 15 volume level. Everything sounds great.

Neutral;
1. Steering - heavy but not deal breaker heavy. Drive it for 6 hours yesterday. 80% in dilli Diwali traffic. Comparable to other trucks
2. Gearshift - not the smoothest. 1st and 2nd are tough. Getting better though it seems. Again comparable to say a Fortuner. Could be better

Negatives:
Will.update this post after Deepawali.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20191012_084221.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20191012_084151.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20191012_084208.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20191012_084136.jpg  

5kmiles is offline   (33) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks