Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2019, 15:13   #5191
BHPian

Does anyone know what % of Innova sales are for commercial use? Most of the ones I see are yellow number plate, and many more use white plate but are still taxis. If this is true, then our analysis of why Hexa lags so much behind Innova needs to change.

Cab owners have high running, and breakdowns cause business loss. If they buy a car as new, they use it for say 3 lakh km. Over this period, a price difference of 3 lakh translates to just ₹ 1/km. And given the resale value, even this gets almost fully recovered. For such buyers, adding the sunroofs and all the electronics in the world would not change a thing about Hexa. Reliability trumps features. It's not like Hexa is unreliable, but it's not proven like Innova is. Why take chances when spending 2 million?

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 7th November 2019 at 15:14.
pseudo_coder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 18:07   #5192
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

If TML is willing to give discounts upto 75000 on a Hexa, I'm sure they are able to put in some gizmos - An airplay and android auto enabled AVN, sunroof etc., without deleting some features.

Their product pricing and placement needs to be re-examined if you ask me. Yes, the appearance of the showroom or the service center matter, and so does the training of their staff. My benchmark is a Honda showroom and service center.

Product lifecycle also needs to be examined, how long will they want to invest on the hexa. Their focus is now on the harrier twins, the altros hatch. Hexa was perhaps a stop gap till the Harrier 7 seater comes out in my opinion.

Great product, design and engineering. I've had no complaints so far compared to my 2.2 Dicor days. Touchwood.
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 20:53   #5193
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a round trip to Kabini. Total distance covered was approximately 2100 kms. Overall fuel economy of 14.7 kmpl as per MID. This includes state highways post Davanagere till Kabini and vice versa, 4 adults and 2 children and their luggage plus AC on for the entire journey. Not bad I would say.

As far as the SUV is concerned, it performed flawlessly. My friend who accompanied me along with his family drives a Corolla and was all praises for the superlative comfort offered by the Hexa. The icing on the cake being his 3 year old son telling him at the end of the trip that their next car should be a Hexa.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20191107wa0041.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20191107wa0040.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20191107_202855.jpg  

ram87pune is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 23:24   #5194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Overall fuel economy of 14.7 kmpl as per MID. This includes state highways post Davanagere till Kabini and vice versa, 4 adults and 2 children and their luggage plus AC on for the entire journey. Not bad I would say.
This is not bad, but good actually. What do you get in Pune city driving?

Last edited by SDP : 8th November 2019 at 07:55. Reason: Grammar
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 23:47   #5195
Vmv
BHPian

Got one more picture of The Hexa Army , Kerala Excise department.
Source : Facebook
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-fb_img_1573147408558.jpg  

Vmv is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 07:47   #5196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
This is not just not bad, but good actually. What do you get in Pune city driving?
In Pune city, I get between 11 and 12 kmpl. But this is mostly in free-flowing traffic since my work timings are such that I rarely drive in rush hour. During evening rush hour this figure drops to around 10-10.5 kmpl. But still good as I never drive without AC, not for a single kilometer.

Infact last year in December I had done a trip to South Goa where I had achieved a fuel economy of 15.8 kmpl with exactly the same driving conditions and load.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20181206wa0015.jpeg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th November 2019 at 11:37. Reason: Corrected image orientation
ram87pune is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 20:07   #5197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post

Look at Kia and MG, we can say all we want to say about they being cheap Chinese products (MG) but at the end of the day they will show us the money they made. Buying from Tata motors is still like buying from the government.
Very true sir. What Tata actually need is some enthusiasm to sell Hexa. I am in market for new car and Hexa is top most choice for me. But sales guys are very reluctant to sell it. When I entered the showroom and asked for Hexa, the sales person showed no interest. Rather he assigned some one junior who can be best described as dumb. Such a attitude creates doubts in prospective buyers like me who are ready to ignore gizmos and connectivity feature in return of mechanically solid car.
sandeepsc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 20:37   #5198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Now that we have our Hexa XM+ getting delivered in few days time, I wanted to get below accessories fitted:
During last few days, did some market research on varying prices with multiple dealers. Following products are shortlisted for the above accessories:
  1. Side Step:
    • MTek: 13000 - Local dealer in Pune
    • Ajanta: 7500 - Direct Manufacturer at Grant Road, Mumbai
  2. Nappa Leather Seat Covers: 12500
  3. OEM Bridgestones Duelers: Exchange with Michelin LTX Force 235/70 R16: 2900 per tyre.
  4. Floor Matting: 3850
  5. TPMS Device: From Ali-Express with external sensors: 2400 approx.
  6. Front, Side and Rear Sunfilm:
    • V-Kool (5 year warranty) Elegant Range: 28000. Though price is definitely very high, I feel the quality will be worth the price.
  7. Sub Woofer with amplifier: 10000 (JBL)
  8. Door Visors: Standard Tata genuine accessory: 1500.
Any suggestions/advice are welcome...

Last edited by aah78 : 8th November 2019 at 21:45. Reason: Quote trimmed. LIST added (You quoted your own post?)
Satshan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 18:42   #5199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Tata motors is a great car making company which does not want to sell cars, it's that simple.
You are spot on with that statement.
Jattitude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 20:12   #5200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattitude View Post
You are spot on with that statement.
I will slightly reword it - who do not know how to sell cars.
nsbhagwat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 20:18   #5201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Very true sir. What Tata actually need is some enthusiasm to sell Hexa. I am in market for new car and Hexa is top most choice for me. But sales guys are very reluctant to sell it. When I entered the showroom and asked for Hexa, the sales person showed no interest. Rather he assigned some one junior who can be best described as dumb. Such a attitude creates doubts in prospective buyers like me who are ready to ignore gizmos and connectivity feature in return of mechanically solid car.
With this attitude, I will not be surprised if you read someday that Concorde Motors is shutting down.
How is the situation with non Concorde dealership, is it any better?
Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 20:52   #5202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
With this attitude, I will not be surprised if you read someday that Concorde Motors is shutting down.
Regards
Nikhil
Hey Nikhil. Concorde Motors is already in the process of shutting down. My dealer friend told me that they will shut shop by December and their Pune dealerships will be taken over by Bafna. We already have a thread on this topic. Please check it out.
ram87pune is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 21:39   #5203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Regards
Nikhil
How did you come to know that? I was indeed talking about my experience at Concorde Prabhadevi. Seems situation is universal for Concorde. They have to blame themselves for this downfall. No professionalism, we have not invited you type of attitude, think cars will be sold automatically and list is endless. I also went there with my colleague who was interested in Harrier. Again no call back or enquiry even though colleague was really interested in Harrier. Result he dropped the idea of having Tata car.

Wasan Motors Chembur are good as per my friend's experience. But I personally have not visited them.
Old 9th November 2019, 23:13   #5204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
How did you come to know that? I was indeed talking about my experience at Concorde Prabhadevi..
Experienced the very same behaviour at Concorde satara road when me and my friend went there to have a look at Hexa after launch.
Old 10th November 2019, 08:42   #5205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Nappa Leather Seat Covers: 12500.
Genuine Nappa leather for that price is too good to believe. I can't, but can you or I would say, most of us, differentiate between leather [genuine, forget Nappa] from artificial leather/rexine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks