Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2019, 13:32   #5221
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
Is it alright if I top up the brake oil with a DOT 4 oil purchased off Amazon? Or is it recommend that I get this done at an authorized service center?
You should have a TASS near-by. Get the recommended fluid topped up there instead of waiting for delivery from Amazon. You will also get the same brand fluid that in the car right now.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 13:53   #5222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There has been a low brake fluid warning coming up on my XTA every time i go uphill. Is it alright if I top up the brake oil with a DOT 4 oil purchased off Amazon? Or is it recommend that I get this done at an authorized service center?
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You should have a TASS near-by. Get the recommended fluid topped up there instead of waiting for delivery from Amazon. You will also get the same brand fluid that in the car right now.
While you visit the TASS, I suggest you get the brake lines, bleed valve & master cylinder checked ones. Don't just top-up. Not often do we see brake fluids running low. I have never faced this issue in 15 years of booster-brake equipped cars. Ask them to check if there is any tiny leak anywhere.

How old (kms) are your brake pads? Seen any leaked fluid drops in your parking around any wheels recently?
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 08:57   #5223
BHPian

Quote:
There has been a low brake fluid warning coming up on my XTA every time i go uphill. Is it alright if I top up the brake oil with a DOT 4 oil purchased off Amazon? Or is it recommend that I get this done at an authorized service center?

Thanks,
Ankur
Just get it topped up anywhere. Same thing happened with me. The crooks at Venkatramana motors, Hyderabad tried to pull a fast one saying all brake pads and discs meet to be replaced at cost. Got the fluid topped up, and had no problems for the next 7000 kms until the car was sold. The car is good, Tata motors dealers are crooks.
AirbusCapt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 09:06   #5224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
While you visit the TASS, I suggest you get the brake lines, bleed valve & master cylinder checked ones. Don't just top-up. Not often do we see brake fluids running low. I have never faced this issue in 15 years of booster-brake equipped cars. Ask them to check if there is any tiny leak anywhere.

How old (kms) are your brake pads? Seen any leaked fluid drops in your parking around any wheels recently?
Thanks for the inputs, Reinhard. I will visit the TASS and ask them to thoroughly check why this issue cropped up in the first place. The brake pads are close to 30K KMs old. I have not seen any leaked fluid drops close to where I park the car.
Old 13th November 2019, 09:37   #5225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs, Reinhard. I will visit the TASS and ask them to thoroughly check why this issue cropped up in the first place. The brake pads are close to 30K KMs old. I have not seen any leaked fluid drops close to where I park the car.
Yep best to get it checked to avoid a repeat visit.
If your's is an XxA then 30k is where brake pads may need replacement in some regions due to lack of engine braking. Worn out pads cause occasional brake fluid drips from the lines.

Don't proactively mention anything about brake pads. That's like handing over a blank cheque to the SC guys. Play it smartly. If they say it needs change - ask them to show leaked residue around the line/pad to prove it.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 19:03   #5226
BHPian

Quote:
I had the same issue, I took my XTA to the service center and they topped it in 5 minutes for free. If the ASS is far away you can do it on your own.

Last edited by doxinboy : 13th November 2019 at 19:04. Reason: Autocorrect:(
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 12:36   #5227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Yep best to get it checked to avoid a repeat visit.
If your's is an XxA then 30k is where brake pads may need replacement in some regions due to lack of engine braking. Worn out pads cause occasional brake fluid drips from the lines.

Don't proactively mention anything about brake pads. That's like handing over a blank cheque to the SC guys. Play it smartly. If they say it needs change - ask them to show leaked residue around the line/pad to prove it.
So went to TASS this morning(Sagar Motors, Noida). Initially they said that the oil level looks fine by having a look at the brake oil reservoir. They suspected the pads were worn out.
They checked all the pads, cleaned them and put them back suggesting that the pads are good for another 3K Kms(next service interval). Finally, they just topped up the brake fluid and the issue does not exist any more.

I was there the whole time while they were doing the check. Happy with the work!
paddu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 12:46   #5228
Distinguished - BHPian

Good that you got it checked and all is ok! Peace of mind now.
Quote:
They checked all the pads, cleaned them and put them back suggesting that the pads are good for another 3K Kms(next service interval). Finally, they just topped up the brake fluid and the issue does not exist any more.
I think these guys (across all brands) are trained in this. They do long term business. They plant this idea of change after 3K kms. We go home happy thinking we didn't have to spend anything & those good guys didn't make us spend unnecessarily.

3K kms later at the next service, when we visit the service station - we are primed for the expenditure & they get the easy business.

(Evidence of MBA at work!)
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 14:30   #5229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
No offences to the respective owners, but what is there to boast about 19 inch alloys? I recently did a to and fro trip to Sikkim, including North Sikkim and Pelling, from New Delhi on my Hexa. I am very confident that the kind of terrain I drove on, the 19 inchers would've given up at the first go. Mine is Hexa XM with 16 inchers which performed flawlessly.
Other than aesthetics, I do not think 19 inchers have anything to boast about.
Peace!
The 19 inch tyres are not that bad. I have an XT 4x4 and I have been to Bum la, Kibitoo and many other places where there are no roads for kilometers and did not face any issue. I have about 40k on my stock tires and had only one puncture till now. I also know a lot of guys from the Bangalore Hexa Group who clocked more than 60k on the stock 19" tyres and did not face any issues.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th November 2019 at 14:49. Reason: typo/spelling edited
arundeepbv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 19:05   #5230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Can you post the photo of your footstep? When the footstep brackets are not properly fixed then this issue of squeaking can come. Try standing on the left footrest near the front door edge and the rear door edge. See if this eliminates the noise. Because the footstep is bolted to the chassis bolts too less a clearance may cause the squeaking.
I finally decided to remove the footsteps completely. The dealer accessories team & mechanic also rode with me for some time and could clearly hear the sound and admitted that the same is coming from the mounting bolts. I have decided to drive the vehicle for the next 10 days and report back to them if the sound is totally gone or if there is still sound coming. If there is no further sound then they will give me other accessories worth the cost of the side steps i.e., 16k.

From the service center i drove to office and then to my home (approx. 40 kms) and did not get any further noise.
SaurabhB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 19:25   #5231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
No offences to the respective owners, but what is there to boast about 19 inch alloys? I recently did a to and fro trip to Sikkim, including North Sikkim and Pelling, from New Delhi on my Hexa. I am very confident that the kind of terrain I drove on, the 19 inchers would've given up at the first go. Mine is Hexa XM with 16 inchers which performed flawlessly.
Other than aesthetics, I do not think 19 inchers have anything to boast about.
Peace!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 19 inchers. They not only look great but also gives a cushy ride in the Hexa. I have travelled multiple times to Sikkim (Pelling, Ravangla, Namchi, Gangtok, Tsomogo Lake, Nathu La, Gnathang Valley, Silk Route) & Darjeeling in my XUV 500 W11 which runs on 18 inchers and have never faced any issue at all. I am now planning for a trip to GuruDongmar & Yumthang Valley in North Sikkim. Yes, 16 inchers will provide a more comfortable ride compared to either 18 or 19 inchers.
SaurabhB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 15:47   #5232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
I booked the XTA with 19in wheels. Urban Bronze. I got a substantial discount of almost 4 lakhs on the OTR price since I bought a 2018 model. Yes, I did an inspection once last week and will do another one today. I also took a test drive of the car over the weekend to double check.
So, I have been away from the forum for a while now due to hectic travel and a new job. As I had posted earlier, I had booked a the XTA back in September. I had then canceled my booking since I was asked to move abroad by my new employer. However, as fate would have it a week later the relocation got canned. The first thing I did after the decision was to call up the sales rep at Concorde to check if the car and the deal were still on. He replied that the car was still available and since they had not yet processed the booking refund the deal was on too.
Then began the fun. The entire amount was transferred to Concorde Motors 10 days before Dussera and I requested them to arrange for delivery on that day. I dont believe in auspicious days but my parents and wife do and I was fine with it. I got a tax paid confirmation SMS from the RTO after 3 days and I had made it clear that I wont take the car without the number plate. For the next few days I had no update. My friend who had bought a City received a his number allocation in spite of having paid the tax after me. This got me worried that something was amiss. I went and met the sales rep and he mentioned that all was fine and I should get the number one day prior to Dussera. The day came and went but no progress. On the day of Dussera, the RTO functioned half time to make up for the rush and I still didn't receive any update. The sales rep asked to me to take delivery without the number and I refused. The day after dussera I went down to the RTO to check. I had already escalated things at the plant and the sales head at TML was aware of the problem. The sales rep met me at the RTO and I was finally told that Concorde Motors had gotten themselves into an issue with a middle man and the said person was using my car papers as leverage to get paid. I was furious and went back to the dealership and gave them a piece of my mind. By then, the unit head for Concorde and the sales head from the plant were at the dealership. It was 3PM by then. They apologized profusely and mentioned that they were on their way to the RTO to resolve the matter. They asked me to wait at the showroom. I finally received my number at 5:30PM and took delivery immediately since I had no intention of spending any more time in that place. They completely ruined the purchase experience.
I was already told that TML has stopped invoicing cars and accessories to Concorde Motors and hence the side steps were not available. However, the sales rep got me in touch with an accessories dealer who got me the OEM side steps and installed them for me. If you need them in Pune send me a message and I'll send you the contact information.
However, after all the madness, the car is a dream to drive. I always wanted the 19in rims and I got the last one on the lot in Pune. Yes, it has the smaller infotainment system but I can live with that. I have a Duster as well as a Creta in the family and all of a sudden everyone wants to drive the Hexa. The ride quality, torque and beautiful engine+transmission combination are just a treat. I got the software update done to get rid of the gargling noise too.
I'll put in a detailed review once I get my hands on it. Currently, my dad has taken it on a two week long road trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191014_163722.jpg  

Last edited by yd_gli : 19th November 2019 at 15:48.
yd_gli is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 16:01   #5233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
So, I have been away from the forum for a while now due to hectic travel and a new job. As I had posted earlier, I had booked a the XTA back in September.
Heartiest congratulations Yash and welcome to the club. Looks like your prayers were answered and your relocation got cancelled. Its good to see that you got those lovely 19 inchers along with a great discount which you had mentioned earlier.

The Hexa is so good to drive that it has made you forget the agony of dealing with Concorde . Anyways the Concorde is shutting down by year end and all its dealerships in Pune except the Satara road one will be taken over by Bafna is what I have heard.

Do not forget to take the extended warranty. Enjoy your beast and keep the thread updated.
ram87pune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 17:17   #5234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Its good to see that you got those lovely 19 inchers along with a great discount which you had mentioned earlier.
What's the on road price?
Old 19th November 2019, 19:04   #5235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Heartiest congratulations Yash and welcome to the club. Looks like your prayers were answered and your relocation got cancelled. Its good to see that you got those lovely 19 inchers along with a great discount which you had mentioned earlier.

The Hexa is so good to drive that it has made you forget the agony of dealing with Concorde . Anyways the Concorde is shutting down by year end and all its dealerships in Pune except the Satara road one will be taken over by Bafna is what I have heard.

Do not forget to take the extended warranty. Enjoy your beast and keep the thread updated.
Thanks Ram! Yes, its a beauty and worth all the struggle and effort . Dealing with Concorde was just miserable. The only consolation was that the sales rep was an ex Nexa guy and he at least had some empathy for the situation and offered as much help as possible. I need to get the extended warranty.
yd_gli is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed