Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2019, 07:31   #5356
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...23-lakh-415230

AutocarIndia guys are really giving me the laughs. First Mr Burman and then Mr Pareek confirmed that the Hexa is not getting discontinued post April 2020 and still Hormazd and his team thinks otherwise. How silly?

Anyways some great deals on the Hexa guys if you are planning on getting one.
ram87pune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 08:10   #5357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post

AutocarIndia guys are really giving me the laughs. First Mr Burman and then Mr Pareek confirmed that the Hexa is not getting discontinued post April 2020 and still Hormazd and his team thinks otherwise. How silly?

Autocar really hates Tata I feel. I have been observing every article of theirs for the past 2 months and they never miss a chance to say that the Hexa is being discontinued.

Almost feels deliberate.

As far as discounts are concerned, guys, please have a chat with Tata motors first too. The 2.25-2.3 lac looks good, but it includes old stock discounts. I doubt it's for new stock.

Also if you're going for an exchange, don't disclose it to the dealer. Get complete idea of what discounts are available. Then you could disclose that you have a car to exchange. If you disclose beforehand then they'll include the discount in your car's fair value.

Knock off 5-8% off your old car's fair value, considering all the work needed to be done by the dealer to resell the car.

And get insurance from outside. The 90-110k insurance quotes are complete nonsense. Shouldn't go over 50-60k.

Last edited by TROOPER : 12th December 2019 at 08:18.
TROOPER is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 09:49   #5358
BHPian

There is no Hexa in stock is what the dealer informed me. For freshly ordered cars, discount comes to only one lakh. "Wintage discount" is what they call it for the left over stock . But the newspaper ads continue to say 2.25 lakhs benefits for Hexa.
Old 12th December 2019, 10:55   #5359
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend has booked Hexa XTA Tungsten Silver with 3 year extended warranty, Mud Flaps and Foot Mats for 20.75L at Gurudev Motors, Chennai.
We have been discussed with 3 different dealers (Concorde, Tafe & Gurudev) and finalized the deal with Gurudev.
Actually we started with 2 Hexas, for me as well, but hearing Gravitas release by Feb 2020, i back tracked and thought of waiting to assess Gravitas and plan accordingly.
Hope if something goes wrong with Gravitas, i would get into Hexa from factory, but current stocks are very limited especially in XTA avatar.
Finger Crossed
aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 11:30   #5360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
One of my friend has booked Hexa XTA Tungsten Silver with 3 year extended warranty
Actually we started with 2 Hexas, for me as well, but hearing Gravitas release by Feb 2020, i back tracked and thought of waiting to assess Gravitas and plan accordingly.
Hope if something goes wrong with Gravitas, i would get into Hexa from factory, but current stocks are very limited especially in XTA avatar.
Finger Crossed
Hexa comes with a standard warranty of 3 years which is extendable by 2 more years for a total of 5 years. Also if you don't value creature comforts more than outright ride comfort and tough build then go for the Hexa right away. Because if you wait till April, the Hexa won't be available for the next few months.

I am sure one long ride in your friends Hexa will convince you to do so.

Last edited by ram87pune : 12th December 2019 at 11:32.
Old 12th December 2019, 11:51   #5361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Long term Hexa Manual variant owners, what's your feedback on the clutch and gearshift experience? Can live with it? Any regrets about not having gone for the automatic?
41k and 2 1/4 years later, it still feels like new (which also means its notchy sometimes, while engaging 1st or reverse). Otherwise no issues.
tifosikrishna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 12:23   #5362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Finger Crossed
I had been following Hexa since its reveal in 2016.

Then the we moved on to the Harrier when the H5X was revealed. But Tata botched a bunch of things up and the Hexa seemed way more appealing and VFM.

Just like ram87pune said, if bling-ware is not your priority then Hexa is ideal. Either ways the Gravitas top end will be expensive than the Hexa and 2020 Hexa when launched, could enter Innova territory. And with flat 1 lac discount and more if you negotiate, Hexa looks VFM compared to the Gravitas as of now.

Last edited by TROOPER : 12th December 2019 at 12:30.
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 12:25   #5363
Distinguished - BHPian

KHT Motors has sent out a promotional SMS claiming the highest ever discount of Rs 1.5 lakhs on the Harrier and Hexa. The number to contact is 7375913159. Hope this helps potential buyers.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 13:07   #5364
BHPian

Quote:

Is there something wrong with Autocar or Tata marketing folks feeding these rumors to Autocar that Hexa is going to axe by April 2020. No other media or magazines except Autocar hinting towards discontinuation of Hexa post BS6 era. Also Autocar is claiming that Gravitas is going to replace the Hexa. I think Gravitas will be more premium product and will be one segment above the Hexa.

Just spoke to one of the dealer who said there are good deals available on Hexa till December end.
Old 12th December 2019, 13:09   #5365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
41k and 2 1/4 years later, it still feels like new (which also means its notchy sometimes, while engaging 1st or reverse). Otherwise no issues.
The one thing that Tata gearboxes always do, is bring out the lost art of double-clutching in us!

Gear shift tends to be notchy in my Nexon also & reverse never engages if granny-shifting. I think the sliding mesh on the reverse doesn't like direct shift & double clutching is a necessity.

Thats putting me into a habit of double clutching every now and then for any gears, leaving the synchro-mesh redundant . I'm ready for my multi-axle semi rig license now.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 13:28   #5366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
We are interested only for a freshly baked Hexa. Build to order with delivery period of 20-25 days.
50k Cash Disc
50k Exchange bonus
15k Corporate Disc

Surprisingly they offered additional 25k exchange bonus, but low-balled the evaluation of my old car. So didn't make much of a difference.

Negotiations are still on.

There's around 3 lac discount on 2018 makes, and up to 1.5 lac on pre May 2019 makes.

Add to that, need to do hard bargaining as far as insurance is concerned.
My cousin from mumbai is also looking out for Hexa mid variant either XM or XMA. Have few questions if you don't mind.
1. Any idea on the 3Lac discounts on 2018 are only to specific variants?
2. Do you've breakup of the 3L discounts offered for 2018 cars?
3. And most importantly is it okay to go for 2018 models?
Old 12th December 2019, 13:37   #5367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
My cousin from mumbai is also looking out for Hexa mid variant either XM or XMA. Have few questions if you don't mind.
All 2018 Hexas were XT 6 seaters and AFAIK all are sold out. Only 2 2019 XT are available in the plant.
Old 12th December 2019, 13:38   #5368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
I have no idea about the break up for 2018 variants. What I do know is that there's a flat 1 lac discount on fresh makes. And dealer discretionary discounts on top of that. The 2.25 lac discount being marketed is not for fresh makes. Its for old stock.

As far as buying a 2018 make goes, I personally do not prefer it because I don't know how the car has been stored, handled and been cared for in the past say 15+ months. Also consider more niggles for the same compared to a fresh make.
TROOPER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 13:46   #5369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All 2018 Hexas were XT 6 seaters and AFAIK all are sold out. Only 2 2019 XT are available in the plant.
Considering the terrible jobs that sales reps and showrooms are doing at selling the Hexa, I feel TML should exclusively handover the Hexa sales unit to you!

You are doing most of the work IMHO.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 14:45   #5370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure one long ride in your friends Hexa will convince you to do so.
I proudly call myself a brand ambassador of the Hexa. Almost 5-6 Hexa's been sold due to me.
I booked during the launch and due to onsite duty, dropped the plan. I have driven Hexa in all terrains and more & more miles as well
My consideration is modern gizmos or old work horse. So waiting till launch of Gravitas to decide

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2019 at 07:36. Reason: Rule # 8 - Smiley usage is restricted to TWO per post. Thanks
aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks