Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2019, 17:35   #5446
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Till now I have stretched discount upto 2.02 lacks plus front parking sensors or anti rust treatment. Is this good enough or should I bargain further? The dealer says this is what best he can do for me.

I have exactly same understanding as fellow BHPian globemaster has said. Also if I opt for parking sensors, will dealer provide warranty for it? Will drilled holes cause any damage to structural strength?

Note from Support:

There were several typos, punctuation and grammatical errors in your post. Please proof-read posts before submitting. Using a spell-checker is advised.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd December 2019 at 21:59. Reason: Fixed typos, punctuation and grammar.
sandeepsc is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 23rd December 2019, 17:41   #5447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Till now I nave stretched discount upto 2.02 lacks plus front parking sensors or anti rust treatment offered. Is this good enough or should I bargain further. The dealer says this is what best he can do for me.

I have exactly same understanding as fellow bhp'ian globemaster has said. Also nevertheless if i opt for parking sensors at leasti will dealer warranty for it. Will those drills can cause any damage to structural strength?
2 lakhs sounds good for a vehicle like the Hexa.

Coming to the parking sensors, I would be more worried about them sticking out like sore thumbs than harming structural integrity since you are only drilling holes into the bumper.

What types of sensors are these? Do you get a display on the HU or is it the audio only type? Ask the dealer to show you a Hexa installed with the sensors and only then go ahead.
vishy76 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 17:45   #5448
BHPian

Quote:
Till now I nave stretched discount upto 2.02 lacks plus front parking sensors or anti rust treatment offered. Is this good enough or should I bargain further. The dealer says this is what best he can do for me.

I have exactly same understanding as fellow bhp'ian globemaster has said. Also nevertheless if i opt for parking sensors at leasti will dealer warranty for it. Will those drills can cause any damage to structural strength?
Well if its 2.02 lac then it definitely seems a pretty good deal

No drills won't cause any structural damage. Question is how neat will the work carried out by the dealer would be.
TROOPER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 18:19   #5449
BHPian

At Bangalore, I was told only automatics available at plant were XMAs and white color.
@ram87pune would you be able to validate this. They are offering a good discount but I was not keen with the white color.
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 18:55   #5450
BHPian

I have white XTA. It looks very elegant - this is the compliment from others. Also very easy to clean, maintain. Black interiors - give a nice contrast feel.
This is my first car in white color and looks the best.
See it in person at dealer or on road and then decide.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 19:30   #5451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
I have white XTA. It looks very elegant - this is the compliment from others. Also very easy to clean, maintain. Black interiors - give a nice contrast feel.
This is my first car in white color and looks the best.
See it in person at dealer or on road and then decide.
+1. I like hexa the most in white black contrast.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 21:09   #5452

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
At Bangalore, I was told only automatics available at plant were XMAs and white color.
@ram87pune would you be able to validate this. They are offering a good discount but I was not keen with the white color.

Oddly enough, this is in direct contrast to what I am being told. I was told that the XMAs are very few at the plant, and the XTAs are more readily available (even those have limited colour options).

Which dealer are you working with ? Mine is Adi Shakti motors near Hebbal.

Also, if you do not mind sharing, what is the discount being offered ? I was offered 1L cash discount + 25K exchange bonus + 3K corp discount.
It seems there is an additional discount of 50K for TATA employees, but I am not eligible for this.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th December 2019 at 11:09. Reason: Reducing space for better readability.
p_sajeev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 22:34   #5453
BHPian

As per VIN of my Hexa decoded, it is of July-19 make. I just want to know whether the battery of the car will be good state? How is the battery taken care of when car is lying in factory for six months or longer?

Tomorrow or day after tomorrow my hexa is arriving at dealer's stock yard which will be followed by PDI on same day. Very much excited to put my hands on my own Hexa. Just hope everything goes smoothly with PDI.
sandeepsc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 22:53   #5454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_sajeev View Post
Also, if you do not mind sharing, what is the discount being offered ? I was offered 1L cash discount + 25K exchange bonus + 3K corp discount.It seems there is an additional discount of 50K for TATA employees, but I am not eligible for this.
As far as exchange is concerned, get your car evaluated from a couple of second hand dealers. Arrive at a fair value, and knock off 5-7% from fair value for the hassle the dealer has to take up for selling off the car. Include the exchange bonus in your fair value.

The equation should be like: Fair value - (5-7%) = dealer offer + exchange bonus

Corporate discount should be minimum 10 k. At least that's the case in Mumbai. The add on discounts do differ state to state. Ask if there's any Tata group employee referral discount. Minimum 5k.

Quote:
As per VIN of my Hexa decoded, it is of July-19 make. I just want to know whether the battery of the car will be good state? How is the battery taken care of when car is lying in factory for six months or longer?
Our is June make and everything seemed fine with the car cranking and electronics. Plus you'd get 1 yr warranty on the battery from your date of invoice.

All the best with PDI.
Old 25th December 2019, 10:16   #5455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_sajeev View Post
Which dealer are you working with ? Mine is Adi Shakti motors near Hebbal.
Also, if you do not mind sharing, what is the discount being offered ? I was offered 1L cash discount + 25K exchange bonus + 3K corp discount.
It seems there is an additional discount of 50K for TATA employees, but I am not eligible for this.
I am dealing with KHT. The discount offered was same. I questioned this and told them if there is a discount of 1 lakh on ex showroom the corresponding charges of registration, insurance etc needs to reduce and the on road should be around 18.5. He said he will get back.
busydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 12:09   #5456
BHPian

Quote:
I am dealing with KHT. The discount offered was same. I questioned this and told them if there is a discount of 1 lakh on ex showroom the corresponding charges of registration, insurance etc needs to reduce and the on road should be around 18.5. He said he will get back.
Nope. That's not the case. You have to pay registration and insurance premium according to the ex-showroom price declared by the company. Also insurance IDV will be 95% of the same, not discounted price.

Discounts are deducted from final on road price.

What's up with Tata and their salesmen? They need to 'get back' to customers on such stuff?
Old 25th December 2019, 22:44   #5457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Nope. That's not the case. You have to pay registration and insurance premium according to the ex-showroom price declared by the company. Also insurance IDV will be 95% of the same, not discounted price.

Discounts are deducted from final on road price.
I have a question here. If I pay tax on the ex showroom price and the vehicle is registered at the ex showroom price with no discount, then the only place to play around is insurance amount where the dealer can adjust the one lakh discount. A vehicles on road price is ex showroom, tcs, road tax and insurance. If there is no change if ex showroom then the road tax will remain same. Am I missing something here?
Old 25th December 2019, 23:26   #5458
BHPian

Quote:
I have a question here. If I pay tax on the ex showroom price and the vehicle is registered at the ex showroom price with no discount, then the only place to play around is insurance amount where the dealer can adjust the one lakh discount. A vehicles on road price is ex showroom, tcs, road tax and insurance. If there is no change if ex showroom then the road tax will remain same. Am I missing something here?
Say the car's ex showroom price is 18 lac.
Road tax 2 lac charged on ex showroom price
TCS 10k
Insurance is negotiable, so post negotiating say 60k.

Your on road price is 20.7 lac

Say your dealer gives 1 lac discount and 30 k exchange bonus.

The 1.3 lac discount will be deducted from 20.7 lac

You end up paying the dealer 19.4 lac. Your insurance premium will be 60k, IDV 95% of ex showroom, and the RTO gets the entire 2 lac from what you pay the dealer.

AFAIK even if the dealer gives the car to you for free, you have to pay the appropriate road tax based on the ex showroom price.

Attaching relevant threads:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...discounts.html (Road tax in case of discounts)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post2999074 (Discounts : Why on the on-road price and NOT ex-showroom price?)
TROOPER is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 00:02   #5459
BHPian

Dear BhPian, Hexians,

Recently My Hexa XTA gave an alert of low water in windsheild washer, on topping the tank I realized that all the water has leaked from the tank. On closer inspection I found that the assembly pump connecting to water tank is broken and is leaking water. Attaching pictures.

Has anyone come across this problem and any suggestions as why this would have broken? Also I see two pumps there, is that one is for front and other one for rear? how to identify which one is for front or rear windsheild?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-windsheild-water-tank-leakage.jpg  

Old 27th December 2019, 01:52   #5460
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNishi View Post
Also I see two pumps there, is that one is for front and another one for the rear? how to identify which one is for front or rear windshield?
Yes, one pump is for the front windshield and the other is for the rear windshield.

To identify which pump is for front/rear, why not disconnect the electrical coupler on any one of the pumps and press the wiper stalk. One of the two washers won't jet out the water where you can identify which pump corresponds to which windshield washer.

Most Viewed