Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2022, 00:45   #6196
kkg
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Has anyone here faced rusting issue on the insides of rear doors in Hexa?

My BIL's Hexa has both the rear doors getting major rust spots on the insides and exactly the same spot on both of them. It seems like the rain water got accumulated on the channel inside and resulted in rusting. And now the problem is how it should be rectified.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20221205225448.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20221205225412.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20221205225400.jpg  

kkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 16:07   #6197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Has anyone here faced rusting issue on the insides of rear doors in Hexa?
You will have to replace the doors at this point, as well as inspect the front doors and the rear hatch for corrosion.

If the vehicle is serviced at ASS you could try pushing for goodwill warranty.
Old 20th December 2022, 08:27   #6198

Hi all,
Recently, the Sports Mode is not engaging in our Hexa XMA 2018. Any clue on what could be the issue?
Old 20th December 2022, 10:34   #6199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
Hi all,
Recently, the Sports Mode is not engaging in our Hexa XMA 2018. Any clue on what could be the issue?
Do you mean the gear shifter column is not moving to the left to manually change gears?
Old 20th December 2022, 11:55   #6200

The lever moves to the left, and stays there, physically the lever moves, but the sports mode is not engaged, the car drives in the normal mode only.
Old 21st December 2022, 09:22   #6201
BHPian

Hi,

I own a 2018 XT 4x4, last week the vehicle didn't start.
Diagnosed the issue to a closed turbo exhaust actuator, when the key is switched on the actuator is not opening.
When the valve is disconnected from the actuator able to start the vehicle.
Have given to Prerana Motors.
Question 1: Anyone faced the same issue before
Question 2: Will tata replace the turbo/actuator under warranty?

Vehicle is under warranty
Old 21st December 2022, 09:25   #6202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy6980 View Post
Hi,

I own a 2018 XT 4x4, last week the vehicle didn't start.
Diagnosed the issue to a closed turbo exhaust actuator, when the key is switched on the actuator is not opening.
When the valve is disconnected from the actuator able to start the vehicle.
Have given to Prerana Motors.
Question 1: Anyone faced the same issue before
Question 2: Will tata replace the turbo/actuator under warranty?

Vehicle is under warranty
I have a 2017 XTA.

Have faced starting issues, but they were related to the fuel pump.

I did have the turbo packing replaced once, early on in the ownership and under warranty.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 09:30   #6203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
The lever moves to the left, and stays there, physically the lever moves, but the sports mode is not engaged, the car drives in the normal mode only.
Have attached a screenshot of the owner's manual which touches on this aspect. Particularly on the point where it says Sports mode will be switched off if the gear lever is moved (+/-) when in the left position. Can you please check this aspect and see if it solves your issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-capture.jpg  

anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 09:41   #6204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I have a 2017 XTA.

Have faced starting issues, but they were related to the fuel pump.

I did have the turbo packing replaced once, early on in the ownership and under warranty.
Thanks, but this seems to be the issue with the actuator, when disconnected vehicle starts without any issues.
Old 22nd December 2022, 01:19   #6205

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Sports mode will be switched off if the gear lever is moved (+/-) when in the left position.
When the lever is moved forward/backward in sports mode, the Manual Mode is switched on, wherein the gear shifter is to be moved forward/backward for gear changes. But the problem I am facing is that the Vehicle does not go to the Sports mode, it simply stays in Drive mode, irrespective of the gear shifter movements.
Old 9th January 2023, 16:25   #6206
BHPian

I have got home a used Hexa XTA (Jan 2019 Registered, Dec 2018 manufactured, 24k on odo, single driver, 7 seater, Arizona Blue) this weekend as replacement of my totaled 2015 Safari Storme Vx 4x4.

Some observations/suggestions:
1. One of the tyres (235/55 R19 MRF Wanderer) has a cut near the alloy wheel. It is right rear tyre. I need to get it replaced. Should I replace only one tyre or two tyres on same axle? Current tyres could last 15k more kms as the tyres have good amount of tread left. The stepney is r16 or r17.
2. Car was standing in basement parking for 1.5 years as the seller was out of station. It has not been serviced since 2 years. I am planning to get it serviced next week. What should I get replaced in this service? oil and oil filter, air filter, coolant etc?
3. TASS during pre-purchase-inspection said that brake pads need replacement. How do I find out if the brake pads need replacement?
4. The ORVMs do not auto fold. On both ORVMs, there is small transparent sticker saying "Auto-fold". Should the ORVMs auto fold on lock/unlock the car?
5. TASS also said that battery needs replacement. I think it is stock battery. I do not find any issues in starting. Should I wait or get the replaced now itself?
6. The second row only folds, but it does not tumble. I have seen in official review that seats tumble too.
7. After getting the car serviced, I am planning to get it cleaned (exterior and interiors) at 3M. I had spent about an hour on cleaning interiors, and interiors look almost new, except for some places where my vacuum/brush/cloth could not reach. Will 3M be able to deep clean it? What is recommended for exterior and interiors?
8. Any other protective maintenance recommended for Hexa? Hoses, drive belts etc.?

Special thanks to @Condor for connecting to the seller and for all the help in the purchase process.
speed79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 16:39   #6207
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, @Speed79 ! Wishing you a long, happy and safe ownership of this Hexa.

1. If spare is of different size, then get at least one tyre to replace this one. If spare is same size as others, then use that in place of the damaged one.

2 & #8. Get servicing done as per the time schedule - check your owners manual for this. THis will also take care of the hoses, belts etc..

3. Brake pads you could keep it aside for now. Revisit in 5k, unless you find that braking is not good, or there is noise when braking. You will know as you start using the Hexa more.

4. ORVM folding issue - check during service, Could just be a relay or fuse at the best. Personally, I prefer side mirrors to be open - they are the first line of defence, both when parked or when driving.

5. Battery - get it checked at a battery shop.

6. Try the fold/tumble again. May be something is holding it back. I guess this would be same as your previous Hexa

7. Unless really dirty in those crevices, you could wait for 3-4 months before a cleaning job. You have just now done it yourself - so why pay them to clean a cleaned car ?

All the Best !

Last edited by condor : 9th January 2023 at 16:41.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 13:30   #6208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Congrats, @Speed79 ! Wishing you a long, happy and safe ownership of this Hexa.

4. ORVM folding issue - check during service, Could just be a relay or fuse at the best. Personally, I prefer side mirrors to be open - they are the first line of defence, both when parked or when driving.

6. Try the fold/tumble again. May be something is holding it back. I guess this would be same as your previous Hexa
Thanks.

ORVM electric folding works on pressing a button (just like my Storme). In my Punch, the ORVMs auto fold on locking and unlocking the car without need of pressing mirror fold/unfold button. That is what I meant by auto-fold. It is not an irritant though. Just need to press a button whenever needed.

If I remember correctly, Storme's 2nd row fold and tumble was easy, controlled by just one lever. Hexa is different.
speed79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 16:35   #6209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post

4. The ORVMs do not auto fold. On both ORVMs, there is small transparent sticker saying "Auto-fold". Should the ORVMs auto fold on lock/unlock the car?
In my 2017 Hexa the ORVM auto fold on lock/unlock was enabled via a software update to the BCM. TASS should be able to do it for you.
smsrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 05:36   #6210
BHPian

ORVM fold unfolds via button, but if you want auto fold on lock and unlock you can get it enabled via update in the service center. It is a minor software update that can be done quickly in the service center.
Anuruddhs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed