Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2017, 16:33   #91
BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
This practice will result in unnecessary wear of the clutch plate and not recommended even for a minute. Always use handbrake on uphills.
Thanks bhp_maniac! That was the first time I drove an AMT and found it very convenient at that time. Like you said, it might cause unnecessary wear and tear to the clutch plate in the long run. Missed think in that direction completely.

Cheers!
R-Six
Old 30th June 2017, 20:12   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Just took delivery of our Kwid AMT RXT (O). The delivery experience was smooth, however, there are two questions I have with regard to the car.

- the first one is the engine+AMT combo. The car stalled twice while coming back from the showroom. The N and D warnings on the MID were flickering continuously when this happened. The AMT seems to shift fine otherwise and no other problems. Is this natural?

- the AMT badge was missing on the car. The dealer promised to source it before the first service and affix it.

A few images.

The rear. Notice the missing AMT badging:
Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20170630_171500.jpg

The headlamp unit. Again, an ungainly gap between it and the bumper:
Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-20170630_173319.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd July 2017 at 09:51.
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 16:33   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Just took delivery of our Kwid AMT RXT (O). The delivery experience was smooth, however, there are two questions I have with regard to the car.

- the first one is the engine+AMT combo. The car stalled twice while coming back from the showroom. The N and D warnings on the MID were flickering continuously when this happened. The AMT seems to shift fine otherwise and no other problems. Is this natural?
Congratulations on your new car!

I am in search of a small AMT for city use and popular choice at home is Kwid AT purely due to its looks. Will be going for TD on Saturday.

How is the car performing now? Any issues with stalling?

Your inputs on the car performance especially regrading the AMT experience would be very helpful.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 20:34   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Congratulations on your new car!

I am in search of a small AMT for city use and popular choice at home is Kwid AT purely due to its looks. Will be going for TD on Saturday.

How is the car performing now? Any issues with stalling?

Your inputs on the car performance especially regrading the AMT experience would be very helpful.
Thanks a lot.

The car is doing well. A review is being prepped on the assembly line as I type this.

The car was stalling initially for the first few days, but seems that it was dirty petrol as it never does that now. Performance is adequate and I find the AMT to be par for city drives atleast.

I shall be completing my review by the end of this month. Will keep you updated.

Regards,
Vishy
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 14:30   #95
BHPian

Hello All. I am planning to pick up a Kwid 1.0 AMT for my wife purely for City driving ( Work and back) around 40 kms daily to and fro . She is currently using a Manual car and complains of leg pain due to excessive clutch in dense traffic. Please let me know if the kwid makes for a good buy. Driving will be sedate and she was impressed with the features and ground clearance. We checked out the Alto K10 and were not impressed with the size and space. Any input would be appreciated , TIA
Old 14th July 2018, 14:40   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Hello All. I am planning to pick up a Kwid 1.0 AMT for my wife purely for City driving ( Work and back) around 40 kms daily to and fro . She is currently using a Manual car and complains of leg pain due to excessive clutch in dense traffic. Please let me know if the kwid makes for a good buy. Driving will be sedate and she was impressed with the features and ground clearance. We checked out the Alto K10 and were not impressed with the size and space. Any input would be appreciated , TIA
Also take a look at the Tiago AMT and the Ignis Delta AMT. For not a lot extra you will get a manual mode on the AMT box in both these cars. Ignis AMT has a much better engine and is much better to drive. There are a lot of discounts on it so it should be around 1 lakh more than the kwid. Kwid is a good car but the AMT box on the kwid is not the best in the market.
ToyotaFan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 14:46   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Also take a look at the Tiago AMT and the Ignis Delta AMT. For not a lot extra you will get a manual mode on the AMT box in both these cars. Ignis AMT has a much better engine and is much better to drive. There are a lot of discounts on it so it should be around 1 lakh more than the kwid. Kwid is a good car but the AMT box on the kwid is not the best in the market.
I read alot about the absence of the manual mode. But to be frank, its never going to be used by my wife. The Rotary dial seems very chic, Just wondering if its really undrivable? Btw, shes a first time automatic/AMT user

Last edited by keshav1426 : 14th July 2018 at 14:47.
Old 14th July 2018, 16:55   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Please let me know if the kwid makes for a good buy
Nope in my view. This was the same reason why we bought ours but it's not really worth the buy. Was posting the same in the kiwd crash test thread, except the ride quality everything else including the service is poor. The suspension is very soft and scraped the speed breakers where our verna did not, so the ground clearance numbers do not matter a lot. Only good thing was my wife learned how to drive an automatic and she now drives our hexa.

I would skip this one for now and as Toyotafan was saying look at Ignis which is a fantastic petrol amt plus you get good service and resale value or a Tiago which is excellent too.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 12:23   #99
BHPian

Just got information from some dealers. July Manufactured Kwids will have Rear View camera integrated into HU, Rear Center arm rest , Rear Charging socket and most importantly the Creep Mode . I confirmed this from the Chennai Dealer who has 3 cars in stock. Internally adjustable mirrors are also a possibility. Some are saying the front grill has changed but yet to confirm on that . Downside is that the kwid is getting pricey. The quote i got was 5.35 On Road Chennai forthe RXT (O) AMT 1.0

Last edited by keshav1426 : 18th July 2018 at 12:25.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:15   #100
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the Kwid Climber AMT yesterday with the newly introduced creep function.

The creep function works really good, and is bound to be very useful in city traffic.

But a slight lag exists when picking up speed around 20 to 30 kmph, during the auto gear shifts. The sales adviser told me that a double tap on the throttle pedal resolves this to a large extent. I did find the lag less when he tried the same as he drove the car himself, but then as a co-passenger one will never know !

Anyways with the terrible traffic jams in Bangalore on my office route, I will be using the car only in creep mode

I have booked a blue colored Climber AMT, top end with the rear seat armrest, roof rails and orange ORVMs. Delivery in a months time. Cost: Rs. 5.8 lakhs on road. Will post a review after delivery
mooza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 20:13   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I have booked a blue colored Climber AMT, top end with the rear seat armrest, roof rails and orange ORVMs. Delivery in a months time. Cost: Rs. 5.8 lakhs on road. Will post a review after delivery
I am checking about the same model for my wife for her office commute in the pathetic Bangalore traffic. Presently she is using the New Figo Manual and complaining of leg pain almost everyday. I am informed the delivery is possible within 4 working days from booking date, are they making a story for the month end sale or is it stocked in excess within Bangalore ? Could you please reveal the dealer details, because I am surprised about your month long waiting
Old 23rd August 2018, 20:54   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shaju,

The dealer at Renault Silk Board told me 3 to 4 weeks, but would compress the schedule if required. Since I am out of town for a month, I opted for a months time for delivery
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 11:49   #103
Senior - BHPian

Cross-Linking an AMT Issue called out on the Ownership Report created by vishy76 here : URL for awareness.

Quote:
I have been facing a few minor gremlins with the AMT on the Kwid now. Will sit them here:
  • A slight judder while lifting off. Occurs only around 10% of the times. Also, it seems that the AMT is slipping the clutch more than it needs to while lifting off from 1st gear. Will have this checked.
  • The major issue. The AMT sometimes refuses to get into Drive or reverse. This has only been witnessed once by me, but my mom says that it occurs a number of times. The MID indicates that the car is in reverse or drive, but it just doesn't engage gears! The engine revs pointlessly. I think this is a problem with the AMT module actuators or the gear selector switch.
Just hope that this does not end up like the Maruti AMT issue. I never really liked Jugaadu AMTs, and hope that I haven't really done the wrong thing by going for one.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 17:33   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
The dealer at Renault Silk Board told me 3 to 4 weeks, but would compress the schedule if required. Since I am out of town for a month, I opted for a months time for delivery
I booked it yesterday (RXT Opt AMT) at Yelahanka showroom, expecting a delivery this weekend. Glad to see the reverse camera, creep function and chrome front grill updates on the newer batch. I was keen on the Climber but did not like it in flesh. Another booking from my side without a test drive, see how much I believe my friends in T-Bhp

It was a super heavy rain yesterday evening in Bangalore as I stepped out of the showroom. On my way back home in my X1 on outer ring road, I was doing 100+ and saw a red color Kwid fly past on my right, I am assuming he was doing 120+ easily, it was a shock as well as a 'feel good' factor seeing a Kwid doing that speed, although NCAP rating is Zero stars
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 10:21   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I booked it yesterday (RXT Opt AMT) at Yelahanka showroom, expecting a delivery this weekend.
Perfectly on time as promised, I booked on Monday and took delivery on Saturday 1st September. Its my pleasure to reveal the experience on the Kwid RXT Opt AMT. Before that, I must also add, I have taken delivery of 2 Marutis, 2 Fords, 1 Tata and 1 BMW in the last 12 years and this is our 7th car in Bangalore, the 1st from Renault.

Without doubt, Kwid delivery was a very unique experience. The little things what they do at the delivery bay makes one feel so important and proud. Kwid was covered with a soft black cover, my wife's name printed and displayed next to the car. I made them remove all plastic from the seats. After everything is explained by the Sales Agent, entire sales staff from the showroom comes to the spot, they wave the checkered flag while the car is moved ahead. For my wife, it was a first time experience of that kind. She was so happy and smiling. It felt like we were taking delivery of a Ferrari

Its her car, so I didn't want to jump into the driver seat by any chance. It was topped up full tank from the nearest petrol station, taken straight for blessing in our Church and home. Later my friend called telling our IND number plate was ready, so I drove it for getting it fixed. Here is my take on the overall impression, some of them are repeats from previous posts :

1. Engine sounds like Nano (because we had one for 3+ years)
2. Its very noisy on the 1st gear (I doubt on the cabin insulation)
3. Requires sometime to understand the engine cranking up with key
4. Touch screen is excellent, brighter than my X1, navigation is very good
5. Seats are almost same to the Nano, no hugging effect
6. Creep function is a big help in bumper to bumper move
7. Reverse camera and its big display is excellent
8. I drove sometime in the night, headlights are adequate for city
9. Wiper must be a design mistake. Our cleaning boy will mess up the paint
10. Is only left reverse light working? I am informed so. Wondering why?

Now coming to the negotiations, pricing and accessories :

1. I took insurance from HDFC Ergo (saved 7 k)
2. I unticked standard accessories, took only mud flaps ( saved 3 k)
3. Extended warranty 4 years (given FREE)
4. Final On Road = 5.25
5. Got Kwid mats from Amazon ( 600)
6. IND plates (1000)

Will post further updates as it comes. Any specific questions, please feel free. Adding 2 images below:
Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_3037.jpg

Renault Kwid AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_3044.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 2nd September 2018 at 10:35.
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks