Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/183668-toyota-fortuner-official-review-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjegadeesh (Post 4157094)
Accessaries list was finalised as follows,
1) Full Floor vinyl mat

I have access to 3 Scorpios, one personal, which I use. Rest of the 2 Scorpios have full vinyl floor mats. I don't know why but it stinks, in both.

And if you can justify covering the beautiful carpet with this stupid vinyl, then please go ahead, if not, please do give this a thought, especially because of the horrid smell.

As far as other accessories go [not just for you, but for everyone], I would avoid cutting/splicing of wires. There might be warranty issues, plus the risk of mal-function in some electronic component might arise. Hella Horns are necessary though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean5545 (Post 4157290)
How much for the auto-folding mirror option?

The following are the accessaries cost sir,

1) Muffler Cutter(Diesel Variant) - Rs. 1,744/-
2) Front Fender Mirror - Rs. 7,816/-
3) Leg room Lamp(Multi Colour) - Rs. 6,005/-
4) HELLA horn & Wiring Kit - Rs. 2,070/-
5) Safety Belt Pad - Rs. 634/-
6) Floor Mats Synthetic - Rs. 4,200/-
7) Rear Bumper Step Guard - Rs. 5,904/-
8) 3M Sun Control Film CR 70 - Rs. 18,500/-
9) Auto Folding Mirror - Rs. 3,834/-
10) Car Paint Protection(1+2) - Rs. 6,393/-
11) Under Body Protection - Rs. 4,552/-

Total Rs. 61,652/-

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4157521)
Few questions regarding the auto fold function

*Does it open and close each time you lock and unlock the car?
*Is there an option to disable autofold function when not needed?The new Honda city has that option

As per the SA it opens and closes every time we lock the vehicle with remote and i think there's no option to disable it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4157555)
I have access to 3 Scorpios, one personal, which I use. Rest of the 2 Scorpios have full vinyl floor mats. I don't know why but it stinks, in both.

And if you can justify covering the beautiful carpet with this stupid vinyl, then please go ahead, if not, please do give this a thought, especially because of the horrid smell.

As far as other accessories go [not just for you, but for everyone], I would avoid cutting/splicing of wires. There might be warranty issues, plus the risk of mal-function in some electronic component might arise. Hella Horns are necessary though.

Sir i use synthetic floor mats for all my vehicles and Skoda Superb is the longest i have been using almost 5 years and 1,30,000 Kms on the odo and it never stinks, if the quality of synthetic floor mat or the paste they use is inferior what u said is possible and some of my friends too have complained about it. The use of synthetic floor mats is for ease of maintenance particularly during rainy days.

Sir i too avoid cutting and splicing of wires for accessaries but this Hella horn fixture is done by the dealership only so no warranty issues might arise.

I have a small but irritating issue with the Fortuner. :Frustrati

The outside air seems to be entering the car even in circulation mode. This is especially evident when crossing an area with smoke or if something burning outside.

Does anyone else face this issue?

I'm in market for a new 2.8 4x4 AT. However unable to decide the colour. While the kids want Phantom Brown, i think white will be better in long run.

Then there is Super White and Pearly Shine White. None of dealer in Delhi has Pearly shine white on display. I'll highly appreciate any advice/suggestions?
PS: I have silver i20 Active, Gold Innova and Bluish silver Honda city.

I have seen both whites on the road many times and the pearl white does look better in a more luxurious kind of way compared to the other. I am not sure of the long term maintenance of the colour but it is the one I would have chosen if it were available in the Crysta Trim i bought.

Dear DwarkaDelhiWala i do have pearl white mica of previous gen fortuner, it was way gracious than super white. They now have changed the name a bit but colour is same.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you to go with pearl white if you are going for white colour at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala (Post 4158722)
I'm in market for a new 2.8 4x4 AT. However unable to decide the colour. While the kids want Phantom Brown, i think white will be better in long run.

Then there is Super White and Pearly Shine White. None of dealer in Delhi has Pearly shine white on display. I'll highly appreciate any advice/suggestions?

Super white is a classic colour which will suit most of the vehicles irrespective of its size. I opted Pearl white and one of the TeamBhp member suggested that it is difficult to match the colour when it comes to repainting. Phantom brown suits fortuner but it may be difficult to maintain as even little dirt might be visible. Go with your instincts i opted pearl white based on mine

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjegadeesh (Post 4157094)
.........The Toyota protect insurance with RTI with 50% NCB is Rs. 77,570/- ...........

I booked a 4x4 AT today. Toyota insurance is 119972/- with all six covered (RTI, Zero-Dep, Consumables, Engine, Tyres and Keys). Were all these included in insurance for your Fortuner?

Automatic Foot Steps: A new accessory being offered by dealer (Cost : 105000/-). Anyone has any experience with this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala (Post 4159369)
I booked a 4x4 AT today. Toyota insurance is 119972/- with all six covered (RTI, Zero-Dep, Consumables, Engine, Tyres and Keys). Were all these included in insurance for your Fortuner?

Automatic Foot Steps: A new accessory being offered by dealer (Cost : 105000/-). Anyone has any experience with this?

Yes Toyota protect costs the same as you mentioned above but i got the quote with 50% no claim bonus.

No idea about this automatic foot steps madurai dealer Anamalais Toyota didn't offer

But it seems it is a nice accessary to have for elderly people who might accompany us for easy egress and ingress, here's the video link for ithttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAIRxnnXnt8

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala (Post 4159369)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjegadeesh (Post 4159467)
Yes Toyota protect costs the same as you mentioned above but i got the quote with 50% no claim bonus.

No idea about this automatic foot steps madurai dealer Anamalais Toyota didn't offer

But it seems it is a nice accessary to have for elderly people who might accompany us for easy egress and ingress

Am I missing something here?
The Fortuner already comes with a running board to ease ingress,Is this better than the OEM step?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4160838)
The Fortuner already comes with a running board to ease ingress,Is this better than the OEM step?

The running board in the vehicle is not as low as the automatic foot steps, also the automatic foot steps protrudes outside the vehicle to give a perfect step feel which will be easier for ingress or egress.

I got my vehicle delivered by the dealer with all the accessaries, just took for a ride to the temple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala (Post 4158722)

White is a good colour and IMO is better on the long run.

Here is my Pearl White (Registered) standing next to a Super White Fortuner.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-screenshot_20170310090840.jpg

Not much difference in the shade. But in the sun, the metallic Pearl White Fortuner looks more premium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjegadeesh (Post 4160862)
I got my vehicle delivered by the dealer with all the accessaries, just took for a ride to the temple.

Congrats.clap: Wish you a million miles of safe and enjoyable ownership. Please post pictures of your truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 4160891)
Congrats.clap: Wish you a million miles of safe and enjoyable ownership. Please post pictures of your truck.

Thank u sir, the vehicle was delivered with the fluid flow marks on the doors as they have sprayed fluid to put the film and didn't clean it. The bumper gap in the rear was uneven and they have removed the rear door plastic to stick the film but messed up with fixing it, result i get a jittery sound and the top plastic part in the door jumps when the window is rolled up from the bottom most position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4160838)

Fortuner does come with factory fitted running boards.

I had a close look at the automatic footsteps:

1. These were slightly bending towards mother earth with a person weighing about 70Kg standing on one of the already fitted footstep. Just looking at them also does not inspire confidence about their sturdiness.

2. Looked like had hydraulics and electrical motor.

3. Will be constantly exposed to elements.

4. Had only one year warrantee.

5. Cleaning roof will not be possible without opening a door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjegadeesh (Post 4161767)
Thank u sir, the vehicle was delivered with the fluid flow marks on the doors as they have sprayed fluid to put the film and didn't clean it. The bumper gap in the rear was uneven and they have removed the rear door plastic to stick the film but messed up with fixing it, result i get a jittery sound and the top plastic part in the door jumps when the window is rolled up from the bottom most position.

The accessory guys screw up badly. Even I had an issue with the front instrument panel as the accessory guys did not fix it well.

3M did the films on my car without removing any of the panels. I'm surprised the showroom guys had decided to remove the panels to install sun control film.

My suggestion would be to take a few snaps and put a mail to the dealer and copy voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in.

Toyota is very strict and will take the dealer to task.