Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2017, 14:46   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The accessory guys screw up badly. Even I had an issue with the front instrument panel as the accessory guys did not fix it well.

Just wondering whether the sunfilms are legit now or do you install them on at risk basis? Bhagwan bharose...

Last edited by ampere : 12th March 2017 at 16:50.
Old 12th March 2017, 20:39   #152
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post
Just wondering whether the sunfilms are legit now or do you install them on at risk basis? Bhagwan bharose...
You are right, But, I went in for RE70, which are hardly visible, but helps a lot in cutting the outside heat.

Plus, the fancy number helps to keep unwanted attention at bay.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 23:21   #153
BHPian

Quote:
The accessory guys screw up badly. Even I had an issue with the front instrument panel as the accessory guys did not fix it well.

3M did the films on my car without removing any of the panels. I'm surprised the showroom guys had decided to remove the panels to install sun control film.

My suggestion would be to take a few snaps and put a mail to the dealer and copy voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in.

Toyota is very strict and will take the dealer to task.
Thank u for the suggestion sir the car is to visit the dealership for first service tomorrow, hope they rectify it. Also the cruise control doesn't work, the cruise indicator shows that it is engaged when used but it actually didn't work. Mileage in the MID shows 11.1 Km/L, 650 kms in heavy traffic on highways and 100 Kms in city traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post
RE 70 is almost transparent, also in Tamilnadu in remote areas it is not a problem no checking/objection

Last edited by pjegadeesh : 12th March 2017 at 23:23.
pjegadeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 01:37   #154
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
Thank u for the suggestion sir the car is to visit the dealership for first service tomorrow, hope they rectify it.
They will rectify it for sure. Don't worry.

Quote:
Also the cruise control doesn't work, the cruise indicator shows that it is engaged when used but it actually didn't work.
After pressing the Cruise button, the indicator on the instrument panel will show that the Cruise Control has been activated.

But, you still have to set the speed, by pushing the lever down. This is when the cruise control will be engaged.

The pic below shows the two step action required to engage Cruise control (sorry for a crude pic.. edited on the mobile)

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-20170313_012141.jpg

Once the cruise control is engaged, you can do the following

Increase/decrease Cruise Speed - move the lever up/down.

Cancel Cruise control- Pull the lever up (similar to flashing of high beam). Pressing the brake lever also disengages the Cruise Control.

Resume - pushing the lever up re-engages the Cruise Control and the car gallops to the speed set earlier.

I would suggest you to "switch off " the Cruise once you enter the city as accidentally resuming the cruise control can be very dangerous.

Quote:
Mileage in the MID shows 11.1 Km/L, 650 kms in heavy traffic on highways and 100 Kms in city traffic.
That is good Mileage. The MID is pretty accurate to the Tank-to-tank method.

My city ONLY runs have returned 11.5 kmpl on the MID. Highway runs are extremely efficient.

- Don't call me "sir". We are all Team-bhpian brothers.
MAS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 07:54   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Could any of you tell me if your RC Book/Card has "Fortuner" mentioned in it. Mine just says "Toyota" and "MUV"

How long it took for you to get RC book from the date of delivery?
Old 13th March 2017, 08:55   #156
BHPian

One more thing about the cruise control is that it gets activated only after 40kmph.
dean5545 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 14:29   #157
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
How long it took for you to get RC book from the date of delivery?
About a month after delivery.
Old 13th March 2017, 16:01   #158
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you to "switch off " the Cruise once you enter the city as accidentally resuming the cruise control can be very dangerous.

- Don't call me "sir". We are all Team-bhpian brothers.
MAS Bro that was useful i will check the cruise control aspects once i get the vehicle which i sent to service today.

The dealership will add the leg room lighting and the rear door pads were promised to be rectified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
One more thing about the cruise control is that it gets activated only after 40kmph.
Thank you i usually use cruise control in highways when the roads are free at late night or mid afternoon above 90 Km/hr, I am used to the cruise controls of Merc, Passat, Superb & Volvo but they are different and in a way easier to me. I was riding a Mazda Protege when i was in USA it was a stick shift but with cruise control and it was easier to engage in the year 2000, but Fortuner i really tried all possible means to engage and failed . MAS has helped me with it
pjegadeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 10:30   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Thank u sir, the vehicle was delivered with the fluid flow marks on the doors as they have sprayed fluid to put the film and didn't clean it. The bumper gap in the rear was uneven and they have removed the rear door plastic to stick the film but messed up with fixing it, result i get a jittery sound and the top plastic part in the door jumps when the window is rolled up from the bottom most position.
Big congratulations on the beast! Wish you lots of happy miles ahead! Please share some pics of the beauty also the CR70 film in particular Really considering tints on all the rides so was considering either this or CR50 since quite a while would be great if you can share pics of it. Also, I really couldn't make out from the pics I saw on the net but is the shade of the CR70 lil on the greener side or its black?
AdiSinghV12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 11:21   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Could any of you tell me if your RC Book/Card has "Fortuner" mentioned in it. Mine just says "Toyota" and "MUV"
Have you got the original road tax receipt from the dealer for your particular VIN number? If the correct tax amount has been paid, there might only be a 'data-entry' error, else the RTO can potentially fine you for defrauding on tax.
varunsangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 19:38   #161
BHPian

Any ideas about changing or upgrading stock Bridgestone Dueller H/T 265/60 R18 to A/T tyres at delivery?
My use will be at least 4 trips every year to Uttrakhand/Himachal and rest city driving in Delhi.
I think there are no A/T 265/65 R18 available from any company.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 10:33   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Any ideas about changing or upgrading stock Bridgestone Dueller H/T 265/60 R18 to A/T tyres at delivery?
If you see the Toyota off-road events for the new Fortuner, all of them were shod with H/T Tyres and performed fine. I suggest stick with the H/T and change it only after you wear them out. They usually give poor trade in value for tyres.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 19:35   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had a close look at the automatic footsteps:

1. These were slightly bending towards mother earth with a person weighing about 70Kg standing on one of the already fitted footstep. Just looking at them also does not inspire confidence about their sturdiness.
========
5. Cleaning roof will not be possible without opening a door.
Agree with you.
Harsha Toyota is going to install this, soon on their test drive car
Will give a hands on feedback after that

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th March 2017 at 15:29. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 22:15   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
If you see the Toyota off-road events for the new Fortuner, all of them were shod with H/T Tyres and performed fine. I suggest stick with the H/T and change it only after you wear them out. They usually give poor trade in value for tyres.
Those events mentioned earlier in this thread were for very short distances (100 meters or so). I don't know how those tyres will performs over 10-20 Km of really bad tracts without any tar and plenty of water crossings.

Also, i checked at dealer, the 265/60 R18 H/T Bridgestone Duellers are made in Thailand. Not available with Bridgestone India.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 15th March 2017 at 22:21.
Old 16th March 2017, 02:54   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those events mentioned earlier in this thread were for very short distances (100 meters or so). I don't know how those tyres will performs over 10-20 Km of really bad tracts without any tar and plenty of water crossings.

Also, i checked at dealer, the 265/60 R18 H/T Bridgestone Duellers are made in Thailand. Not available with Bridgestone India.
Not finding the videos but saw few of them shot in Australia where the HT tyres were used for river crossings and they seemed to have performed well.

The Bridgestones are imported as part of the CKD kit along with the engine and gear box.
They should be available in India after a month or two.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks