Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/183668-toyota-fortuner-official-review-18.html)

Quote:

Installed Dashcam (Lukas-9370 Dual wi-fi 1080p) by Toyota dealer's
Congrats again! Please do share some photos of Dashcam and also costs. Hope they have hard wired this.

Quote:

Few pictures taken by detailer at his outlet after the coating
Please share details for this as well :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunsangal (Post 4181882)
India and Cambodia seem to have different emission standards. Refer to the images below, India is following a roadmap while Cambodia does not seem to have any emission standards for diesel vehicles!! Also, Sulphur content in diesel in India is 50 ppm while in Cambodia it is ~2000 ppm!!

That is some serious digging you have done! :thumbs up

I understand the fuel quality issue but did not expect countries with these kind of standards still! I remember Honda talking about clean diesel a decade back in India as well. Good to see we are making progress in these aspects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgmuser (Post 4181986)
...did not expect countries with these kind of standards still! I remember Honda talking about clean diesel a decade back in India as well. Good to see we are making progress in these aspects.

India is definitely better than many countries as far as standards are concerned. We always compare ourselves with Europe/USA rather then other countries that are possibly lagging in this area. But then looking at countries with better standards is a good thing.

Cambodia by itself has its own issues with poverty, development issues, governance model, basic issues like public health, food. So emission norms may not be a top agenda. The GDP figures for India (~2 Trillion USD) and Cambodia (~19 Billion USD) also tell a similar story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunsangal (Post 4182010)
I The GDP figures for India (~2 Trillion USD) and Cambodia (~19 Billion USD) also tell a similar story.

One needs to consider GDP per person and not GDP of two countries to do a apples to apples comparison. Combodia has a population of 1.6 crores and we are 135 crores. So both India and Combodia are in similar ballpark GDP per person. So we are not any richer then them or they aren't any poorer than us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 4182077)
So we are not any richer then them or they aren't any poorer than us.

Overall Cambodia being a smaller economy is relevant in this context as the development of infra and better governance is dependent on overall number rather than per capita income. Also, per 2013 data India's GDP/ person is 5350USD and Cambodia's is 2890USD, so still a significant difference.

Guys, Brilliant review by Tbhp.
Going through Youtube, found this gem of an review.
Thought of sharing it here.
QuickShift Club - Fortuner 4x2

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4177914)
Guys
Heard that Toyota is going to launch the 360 degree view system as an official accessory.

(One camera each will be installed to the bottom of ORVMs and one to the front.
The system will collate images from 4 cameras and will be displayed on the OEM screen)
Will try and get an image for reference

Any information/update on the same?

Toyota may be considering this for fortuner in India.

https://toyota.com.my/vehicles/car/vios

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/04/t...alaysia-263839

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala (Post 4181826)
Got Blaupunkt TPMS from Amazon and installed myself. Display is light blue which quietly merges with blue cabin, footwell and dash lighting.

Also bought Bergmann Hurricane car vacuum ( after lot of skepticism about suction power of car vacuum, this one is satisfactory).

Few pictures taken by detailer at his outlet after the coating.

Installed Dashcam (Lukas-9370 Dual wi-fi 1080p) by Toyota dealer's accessories technicians.

Items remaining: Rear Pillar LED lamps, Sun-Shades and silicon key cover.

Carryboy dealer in Bangaluru has not yet dispatched the roof carrier despite taking advance 10 days back.
And then i will be all set for this year's Himalayan trips.

Buddy , request you to share , cost of the TPMS and DIY procedure. Shall be doing on mine as well. This one would sure be a boon for my out station trips.

Looks like the Thai made Fortuner comes with a rear fog lamp and reflector combination

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4182765)
Looks like the Thai made Fortuner comes with a rear fog lamp and reflector combination

Looks good and if it is oe, I will pick one set for my car during my next trip to Thailand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 4182931)
Looks good and if it is oe, I will pick one set for my car during my next trip to Thailand.

It is definitely factory fitted.
Confirmed by a friend who visited recently

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4181895)
Congrats again! Please do share some photos of Dashcam and also costs. Hope they have hard wired this.

Please share details for this as well :)

I am using it in my Innova since 2015. Has worked perfectly in all conditions. That was bought for 329 USD from Korea, having seller mailed it to USA and a friend brought it from USA to India. This time it costed Rs. 29,488/- through ebay.com and iShopinternational, delivered at my home with freight and customs. Professional quality, super-capacitor based - works in both 45 degree and -4 Degree C. Yes, its hardwired.

http://www.qviadashcam.net/bbs/board...wr_i=13&soon=2

Quote:

Originally Posted by behaln (Post 4182761)
Buddy , request you to share , cost of the TPMS and DIY procedure. Shall be doing on mine as well. This one would sure be a boon for my out station trips.

I bought it for Rs. 13990/- from Amazon.in. Called Blaupunkt in Mumbai if they can support the product. Their Sales Manager called back and assured me that if required, they will give full support, program even a replacement sensor, if lost.

I was worried about installation. But it was a breeze. There are written instructions with the product and videos on youtube. Although cheaper chinese TPMS are available through Aliexpress, i went by the brand and the local support available.

Yes, IMHO, this is a critical item and a piece of mind for long drives on our bad 'roads'/tracks.

The one drawback is that since display is white letters on light blue LCD, it might not be bright enough for some users.

Saw a Ford Endeavour with Yokohama Geolander AT tires and the Ford appeared butch and a bit raised. Any of you have fitted the same tires on your Fortuner? The Bridgestone look very meek and is one the primary factor in softening the looks (further)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala (Post 4183301)
I am using it in my Innova since 2015. Has worked perfectly in all conditions. That was bought for 329 USD from Korea, having seller mailed it to USA and a friend brought it from USA to India. This time it costed Rs. 29,488/- through ebay.com and iShopinternational, delivered at my home with freight and customs. Professional quality, super-capacitor based - works in both 45 degree and -4 Degree C. Yes, its hardwired.

Many thanks for the TPMS update. I too checked up on the Amazon for the product. Local support by Blaupunkt is a definite peace of mind. Shall be ordering soon.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala (Post 4183301)
I bought it for Rs. 13990/- from Amazon.in. Called Blaupunkt in Mumbai if they can support the product. Their Sales Manager called back and assured me that if required, they will give full support, program even a replacement sensor.

The one drawback is that since display is white letters on light blue LCD, it might not be bright enough for some users.

TPMS looks neat

Warranty Replacement sensor if one is lost you mean?

Can the angle of the display be sdjusted for a better view?
I remember it has an USB port too,is it 2.1 amps or 1 amp type?

Can you please share some more pictures of the display unit and the valves

Thanks