Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2019, 11:53   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Interesting observation, and a true one, however, the Safari Storme V400 and it's cousin, the Hexa are MTs with just 5% difference in torque figures.

The Pajero Sport too is an MT with 400NM, in the same ball park.

The reintroduced Endy 2.2MT also puts out 385NM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
@ n.devdath - Its not a hidden fact that you have been posting ANTI-TOYOTA / FORTUNER posts consistently Hence mentioning those closely powerful products was unnecessary (as i am already aware about those figures on those cars), specifically the way you mention i.e. just "5% lower on torque."

In this comparison between the varicor 400 engine and the Fortuner engine is not the 5% difference, but the Torque Cuver. Fortuner makes peak Torque at a much lower RPM and has a better Torque Spread. For Torque in the bottom range, nothing beats displacement.

The Pajero Sport for example has high max Torque, but we know that it is has a terrible lag.
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 21:04   #602
BHPian

Checked the official website and learnt that Toyota fortuner 2019 has been updated with beige chamoise coloured interiors and perforated leather upholstery.!
Old 8th April 2019, 21:18   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Checked the official website and learnt that Toyota fortuner 2019 has been updated with beige chamoise coloured interiors and perforated leather upholstery.!

++ heat rejection glass.."The glass on the new Toyota Fortuner can resist the heat even better which will give it an edge in some of the markets, especially in the northern, west-north and eastern parts of the country where the temperature gets extreme."

I enquired from ASAHI India about Solar Glass for fortuner and was quoted approx 22k for the same. Will have to see in person what are the specs of the new glass though.
Old 9th April 2019, 13:53   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Ouch!! I seem to have missed this by just a month , I took delivery of my 4X4 MT without any extra accessories - Now after a month i think its time to add in a few of those , the ones i have in mind are
Autofolding mirror
Front grille guard
Front Underrun
Rear Underrun
Sunshades and Side cladding

I'm not quite sure how good these will look - any inputs / advise on having this added is appreciated - planning to do this in a day or two along with the first service- my main worries are around the aesthetics and i absolutely dont want any rattles :-)

Last edited by bobbyvictor : 9th April 2019 at 13:54.
Old 13th April 2019, 05:37   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
I enquired from ASAHI India about Solar Glass for fortuner and was quoted approx 22k for the same. Will have to see in person what are the specs of the new glass though.
That's really interesting, was not aware Asahi was supporting retail solutions as well. Is there a drop or number for individual enquiries?
Old 13th April 2019, 08:41   #606
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
was not aware Asahi was supporting retail solutions as well.
Windshield Experts is a retail venture of Asahi India.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 09:18   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Windshield Experts is a retail venture of Asahi India.
Yes, that they are. I was wondering how we can get the solar cut glasses out in retail? 22k sounds achingly reasonable to get the virtues. It may also be on the right side of law.
Old 13th April 2019, 09:55   #608
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was wondering how we can get the solar cut glasses out in retail? 22k sounds achingly reasonable to get the virtues. It may also be on the right side of law.
For some reasons, I am not able to make out what is this special Heat Rejection glass? When I google "Heat rejection glass Toyota", I don't find any hits except for recent news. And this new feature is not listed for LC / LC Prado either. So how exactly is this different from the regular glasses and is this something exclusive for Indian Fortuner?
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 10:07   #609
BHPian

Quote:
For some reasons, I am not able to make out what is this special Heat Rejection glass? When I google "Heat rejection glass Toyota", I don't find any hits except for recent news. And this new feature is not listed for LC / LC Prado either. So how exactly is this different from the regular glasses and is this something exclusive for Indian Fortuner?
Quoting from their website: "Laminated Glass with increased iron content absorbs infrared rays and reduces the amount of heat in the car."

Link

Not sure if Rahul was referring to this earlier, but it does have some perceptible difference. Specially with our moronic regulations against sunfilms etc., I would be really interested to know how Asahi is planning to change windows to spec. Will wait for Rahul to opine on what he got a quote for.
Old 13th April 2019, 11:57   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting from their website: "Laminated Glass with increased iron content absorbs infrared rays and reduces the amount of heat in the car."

Link

Not sure if Rahul was referring to this earlier, but it does have some perceptible difference. Specially with our moronic regulations against sunfilms etc., I would be really interested to know how Asahi is planning to change windows to spec. Will wait for Rahul to opine on what he got a quote for.
Yes you are right sir !

https://www.aisglass.com/brochures/1...3_2018_low.pdf

I have been in touch with the guys from windshield experts.. link above is the brochure. I am waiting for quotation from them still. even if i get side door glasses i would prefer them over replacing windshield. Cost wise i feel better to buy OEM UVcut heatshield glasses over putting 3m expensive glasses in my view point. You can always sell the oem glasses to someone to get some money out. There will be 100's of people wanting to buy it. Will update as soon as i get more information. Why dont you also contact windshield experts in your city and get quote then we have more info. What say ?

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 13th April 2019 at 12:05.
Rahulk76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 12:04   #611
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's from Asahi, what I am curious to know is "Toyota Heat Rejection glass" that finds no reference on their premium models or anywhere else globally. So is this just some sort of marketing gimmick or are they actually trying something totally new here?
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 12:10   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's from Asahi, what I am curious to know is "Toyota Heat Rejection glass" that finds no reference on their premium models or anywhere else globally. So is this just some sort of marketing gimmick or are they actually trying something totally new here?
I dont think its marketing gimmick as they very well know that Film ban is here to stay. So i guess its a niche market even for AIS to follow through though no ?More money....

As per WSE they are the same what they sell with Toyota logo. I wonder though that recently even Honda started to offer UVcut glasses in their cars and the supplier is non other than AIS.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 13th April 2019 at 12:12.
Rahulk76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 13:08   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think its marketing gimmick as they very well know that Film ban is here to stay. So i guess its a niche market even for AIS to follow through though no ?More money....

As per WSE they are the same what they sell with Toyota logo. I wonder though that recently even Honda started to offer UVcut glasses in their cars and the supplier is non other than AIS.
FG.T94.LFH.GGG212S0000000000 FORTUNER SOLAR LAMI W/S GR SB AIS: 23,636.86

FG.T94.RDL.G00300A0000000000 FORTUNER REAR DOOR GR LH AIS
FG.T94.RDR.G00300A0000000000 FORTUNER REAR DOOR GR RH AIS

2,015.44 each all inclusive

Cheaper than sunfilm eh @
Rahulk76 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 23:59   #614
BHPian

Quote:
++ heat rejection glass.."The glass on the new Toyota Fortuner can resist the heat even better which will give it an edge in some of the markets, especially in the northern, west-north and eastern parts of the country where the temperature gets extreme."

I inquired from ASAHI India about Solar Glass for fortuner and was quoted approx 22k for the same. Will have to see in person what are the specs of the new glass though.
A great move by Toyota.Hopefully other manufacturers will follow.
They have also introduced the Multi terrain monitoring system(Birds View Camera) for fortuner and crysta as an official accessory.
Old 14th April 2019, 11:21   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FG.T94.LFH.GGG212S0000000000 FORTUNER SOLAR LAMI W/S GR SB AIS: 23,636.86

FG.T94.RDL.G00300A0000000000 FORTUNER REAR DOOR GR LH AIS
FG.T94.RDR.G00300A0000000000 FORTUNER REAR DOOR GR RH AIS

2,015.44 each all inclusive

Cheaper than sunfilm eh @
Great information, many thanks to you. Any idea if they also have these door window glass options for Gen2 Fortuner?

Most Viewed