Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/183668-toyota-fortuner-official-review-44.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING DYSP (Post 4638936)
Toyota Fortuner BS6 rumoured to cost ~Rs. 4.5 Lakhs More!:Frustrati

If the price hike is as predicted, then I think buying BS4 Fortuner now is a great value proposition for prospective buyers.

Link to full article - Motorbeam

I think they are just fooling around with people to ensure they can keep selling old engine tech till nearly the very last day. If all other manufacturers hike the price by around 1-1.5L and Fortuner does a 5L hike, sales will plummet for Fortuner. I hope they do this and get a lesson for their life. Yaris doesn't seem to be enough. Reliability has its limits in boosting the prices beyond rationale. Nothing against the car - brilliant product for what it promises to deliver. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiSW (Post 4640210)
The Toyota Fortuner gets a new 9 inch touchscreen system with Android Auto/Apple Carplay compatibility in Malaysia, India update soon

Excellent !!. I was never happy with this System in the Fortuner and the Crysta. And always felt that Toyota should include apple car play and android auto. Glad this is happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING DYSP (Post 4638936)
Toyota Fortuner BS6 rumoured to cost ~Rs. 4.5 Lakhs More!

I doubht this is true. The 2.8 engine is already sold in Euro VI markets, so there is no way they need to spent this kind of money to make it Euro 6 compliant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 4641216)
I doubht this is true. The 2.8 engine is already sold in Euro VI markets, so there is no way they need to spent this kind of money to make it Euro 6 compliant.

Even I feel the number is over-inflated. I think its a tactic to boost sales of current inventory by scaring potential buyers :D.

On the other hand - I think its a cumulative increase. So the base Ex-Showroom sticker price + extra tax % + extra registration % + Extra insurance premium % altogether will result in overall higher price hike compared to just the cost of the engine+exhaust components.

Ah and yes - Toyota will of course use this opportunity to add even more profit margin. No? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 4641216)

These good for nothing websites are giving Toyota dangerous ideas.

Will be one edged sword for either Toyota or consumers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4641451)
These good for nothing websites are giving Toyota dangerous ideas.

Lol.. True that. I don't know why people even bother to read these click-bait articles. Anyone with basic common sense will know that most of what they publish is bull-crap !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4641451)
Will be one edged sword for either Toyota or consumers.

I used to be an unabashed Toyota fan and am still am to some extend, but I can tell you that after driving the new Endeavour, I think it is a much better package. Ford's biggest bug-bear used to be service and spares availability. But now they have places that sell spares over the counter and owners of new Endeavour seems to be an overall satisfied bunch. So a 4 lakh increase in the Fortuner price will surely benefit Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 4642908)
I can tell you that after driving the new Endeavour, I think it is a much better package.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to drive the new Fortuner. A friend says the suspension of Fortuner is better in terms of handling/rigidity, it flexes less.

Have driven the Endeavor 3.2 a lot and I too like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 4643104)
Unfortunately I haven't been able to drive the new Fortuner..............

You need to drive it then.

The Endy definitely is a better package in terms of items and frills. The next couple of months will be cruicial for both these companies with BS6 dispatches to start after the festive season. It will be important to see what they both offer in terms of price and package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugsrags (Post 4637697)
It seems like the day i choose to post my query is the day for resolution too. I just received a call from the dealership saying that Toyota has refused to honour this under warranty saying that the lock has broken with use and is not a manufacturing defect. Wonder who used it though since i received the car with this issue. The replacement glovebox is around 12k inclusive taxes as informed to me. So i've shot off a mail to Toyota and i got a call from their call centre asking if i wish to raise a request or a complaint for the same, well now i guess its turned into a complaint only since I've been requesting for a resolution for a year now.

The update on this issue is that post the call from the call centre there was no revert from anyone at all so after a 4-5 days i shot off another mail. Again got a call from the call centre and the caller kept insisting that do you wish to raise a complaint that the dealer is not solving my problem. I kept insisting that i'm looking for a response from Toyota over its stand and not raise a complaint against the dealer which i believe is much more difficult to get across to these people than it sounds. A few days post this call I get a call from the CRM of my local dealer asking how they were at fault and that they were willing to offer a replacement under Goodwill warranty at a nominal cost which will be shared between the dealer, toyota and me since toyota has decided that its not a manufacturing defect. I explained to the CRM that i have not made a complaint against your dealership and its an ongoing issue from the start. The lady though was adamant and even went to the extent of saying that you've not purchased the vehicle from us so you should contact the dealer you purchased the vehicle from since it looks like the PDI was not done properly and you should've not taken delivery if you found a defect in the vehicle!

That's when i lost my cool and told her that i'm contacting Toyota and all dealers for me are same since they all represent Toyota and that you can please send me this statement along with whatever you wish to offer me in writing which she said she would. Its been 4-5 days since the call and I haven't received any further communication, neither from Toyota nor from the dealer.

Based on this experience i'm definitely finding my experience with Mahindra for my Rexton to be much more customer centric and quick. They were way more eager to solve issues rather than letting them drag and there were company area managers who got in touch personally to resolve any issues!

Its pretty clear to me now that Toyota is very quick as long as it is working on routine jobs and the response for these will be at par but anything out of the ordinary and they'll fall flat on their face. I have had an issue with the aloofness of the sales people hence the decision to purchase the Rexton previously and the decision to purchase the fortuner this time from a different dealer and now a small issue being escalated for no reason to such an extent shows the attitude of the after sales too.

Hi
So I have a fortuner 2.8 4x4 AT, 2017 model. It has clocked around 61k kms till date . I have the original oem Tyres on it, the Bridgestone dueler highway variants . They are almost at the end of their life cycle . So I would like to get suggestions for the new set . I would like to change them to All terrain ones , I know that I’m gonna use it for off roading rarely but roads these days are almost as bad as off roading tracks, plus I would like to have the confidence and option of using them anywhere . Another thing I would ask is if I should increase the size from 265 as I would also like to have a more filled wheel bay . Can I get suggestions for both the sizes . The rim size is 18 inches .
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by sukhman134 (Post 4651371)
So I would like to get suggestions for the new set . I would like to change them to All terrain ones

IMO, an AT in our conditions is more suited. Not many options in stock size.

# Falken Wildpeak AT
# Nexen AT
# BF Goodrich
# Pirelli Scorpion ATR
# Yokohama Geolander AT

This is what I can recall which maybe available in India with some footwork. Won't recommend oversizing as besides giving slightly stance-ed [ricer IMHO] look, there would be compromises everywhere.

I am a XUV owner and it is a 2015 model. I often go out on longish drives from Bangalore. Have done Bangalore - pune, Bangalore - Ahmedabad multiple times and even done Bangalore -Delhi. While the vehicle is trouble free and quite abuse friendly, I have been mulling a change primarily due to my passenger (read family) complaints on ride comfort on long drives. I was thinking of a switch to fortuner or endeavor. I heard the fortuner ride is quite bouncy for 2nd row passengers and is not a good tourer. Heard the endy does better here. Since this is a forum of experienced fortuner owners, what is your advise. And no, I do not want to go for an Innova. I am not a van sort of person.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiva75 (Post 4653700)
I am a XUV owner and it is a 2015 model. I often go out on longish drives from Bangalore. Have done Bangalore - pune, Bangalore - Ahmedabad multiple times and even done Bangalore -Delhi. While the vehicle is trouble free and quite abuse friendly, I have been mulling a change primarily due to my passenger (read family) complaints on ride comfort on long drives. I was thinking of a switch to fortuner or endeavor. I heard the fortuner ride is quite bouncy for 2nd row passengers and is not a good tourer. Heard the endy does better here. Since this is a forum of experienced fortuner owners, what is your advise. And no, I do not want to go for an Innova. I am not a van sort of person.:)

Take an extensive test drive of both Fortuner and Endeavour and just buy the Endeavour, as more & more people are doing now clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiva75 (Post 4653700)

If you do 4x4 often, go for Fortuner. If you drive often with empty rear seats get Endeavour. If middle bench comfort is important and you hardly need 4x4 go for Crysta. All 3 cars are damn good and you can hardly go wrong with any of these, buy one based on your requirement and taste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aniket6 (Post 4654146)
Take an extensive test drive of both Fortuner and Endeavour and just buy the Endeavour, as more & more people are doing now clap:

I fully agree with Pride Red and endorse his views. If your family comprises of more than five persons than Fortuner may be better option if you are not considering Innova Crysta...otherwise Endeavour is better overall including the service costs as compared to Fortuner.

Hi in continuation to the issue faced by me which i've mentioned previously, the update is that i'm still running around with no resolution in sight. I didn't get any further communication from the dealer post the call I received in which the CRM had said she'd get back to me with their goodwill warranty offer of part payment in lieu of a new glovebox. I kept waiting all these days and yesterday wrote another mail to Toyota customer care. I got a prompt call back from Toyota and they said the issue was closed at their end since the dealer wrote back that they have informed the client that it will not be covered under warranty and that's it. End of story! Period!

I was pretty surprised on hearing this considering I was waiting for them to get back to me especially since now the rattle is getting on my nerves. Its too irritating and every time I'm in the car i'm turning more and more negative towards Toyota. I'd convinced a friend to book a Camry based on Toyota's 'legendary' reliability and ease of ownership and have been the reason he's continued his booking inspite of not getting any updates on the availability or any proper response from the dealer for the timeline for delivery (it's been 2 months and counting already) but with this experience i'v already told him to cancel the booking if this is the kind of response Toyota wishes to give. Toyota does not care whether they loose a customer or two anyway.

What i'm surprised about is that if they don't wish to honour something under warranty is one thing but they not following up to solve an issue and closing the entire issue without resolution is completely another. I'm driving a car with a rattling glovebox. I need a resolution. My car is practically new. What is so difficult for them to solve! Its fairly easy, they just need to tell me to please send the car, we have got a new glovebox, it's not covered under warranty and this is the bill! Problem solved! What they're doing instead is just keeping quiet as if that'l just make everything go away. :deadhorse