Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/183668-toyota-fortuner-official-review-45.html)

hajaar 30th September 2019 06:07

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
I am ordering accessories for the Fortuner. Its awesome that they are priced so cheap, even compared to my CRV. But that is a double edge sword since the interiors are not premium but meh, I have come to the POV that peace of mind is more important to me.

The list is as follows - please let me know if I have missed something that is critical/improves functionality. All of these are TGA.

Fabric Floor Mat - to protect against dirt
Front Fender Mirror - to get better visibility
Side Visor without chrome - to avoid rain and chrome ;-)
Rear Bumper Step Guard - to protect the trunk lid
Auto Folding Mirror - to make the driving experience marginally better
Door Curtains - comfort
Muffler Cutter - I don't know if I should be picking this
Leg Room Lamp - bling for my kids
Door Edge Protector - to protect the doors
Illuminated Scuff Plater - bling for my kids

Turbanator 30th September 2019 11:05

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
^^^

Most of the things are aesthetic additions. If I am not mistaken, Mats are part of standard kit that you will be getting. If not then do negotiate for some free accessories. Current discounts here are about 1,25-1,5 lac with some basic accessories. You can ask about 360- Degree camera that some members have installed and found useful. Also buy a Air pump from Amazon along with a tubeless puncture kit. If you travel a lot it will be a good idea to invest in a Hydraulic jack or a combination of Electric pump and Air compressor.

ecosport rules 24th October 2019 11:36

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hajaar (Post 4666745)
I am ordering accessories for the Fortuner. Its awesome that they are priced so cheap, even compared to my CRV. But that is a double edge sword since the interiors are not premium but meh, I have come to the POV that peace of mind is more important to me.

The list is as follows - please let me know if I have missed something that is critical/improves functionality. All of these are TGA.

Fabric Floor Mat - to protect against dirt
Front Fender Mirror - to get better visibility
Side Visor without chrome - to avoid rain and chrome ;-)
Rear Bumper Step Guard - to protect the trunk lid
Auto Folding Mirror - to make the driving experience marginally better
Door Curtains - comfort
Muffler Cutter - I don't know if I should be picking this
Leg Room Lamp - bling for my kids
Door Edge Protector - to protect the doors
Illuminated Scuff Plater - bling for my kids


Don't miss the multirmterrain management system (360 cam/birds eye view)
Very useful accessory

rugsrags 1st November 2019 15:27

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
So i got the glovebox changed under good will warranty and paid an amount of Rs.5000/- instead of the entire amount of 13k. Unfortunately and something i was kind of figuring out would happen has happened.. the original issue of misalignment is still there. I again sent a mail to toyota and got a prompt call back and they had the dealership re-connect to me. The service advisor assigned to me sounded very grumpy saying that what is the issue now and we addressed it and also showed your driver. Luckily i'd informed him on the phone at the time of service that the driver is there only in his capacity as a driver and only i'll be the one checking the work done and commenting on whether it is done satisfactorily or not. Later in the evening I got a call from the service manager and he sent a senior technician to see the car who has agreed that there is a fault in the alignment. :Frustrati

DwarkaDelhiWala 3rd November 2019 11:17

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Changed tyres again (first immediately after ex-showroom) at 50000 Km to Yoko-Geo AT G015. Last time they were Yoko Geo ATS.

Tried hard to find out Falken Wildpeak. Guess they are not interested in marketing them - as very lukewarm reply even after contacting their marketing man for Delhi who failed to give address of even one retailer. Also, the tread pattern in India for same tyre is different than what it is famous for in USA.

The old Yokos ATS still had some tread (measured by Michelin tread meter) for another 10,000 Kms but thought it safe to have them changed for Badrinath trip, considering that "road" has never been worse than what it is this year and because i travel only during night, especially from Rishikesh to Joshimath.

scorpio_fan 6th November 2019 20:49

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
I spoke to a sales executive in toyota and he claims toyota has reduced production of BS4 already now. This moth discounts have reduced as well. From January they will start selling BS6. He claims 3 - 3.5 laks increase in price from January. I enquired about 4x4 MT model. Currently he is offering a discounts of approx 1 lak only. Also I am not getting phantom brown colour. Only white / pearl white is available.
Should I wait for BS6 or go for BS4 now assuming white colour is ok for now? I am in a dilemma.

PrideRed 7th November 2019 12:36

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio_fan (Post 4688450)
I spoke to a sales executive in toyota and he claims toyota has reduced production of BS4 already now. This moth discounts have reduced as well. From January they will start selling BS6. He claims 3 - 3.5 laks increase in price from January. I enquired about 4x4 MT model. Currently he is offering a discounts of approx 1 lak only. Also I am not getting phantom brown colour. Only white / pearl white is available.
Should I wait for BS6 or go for BS4 now assuming white colour is ok for now? I am in a dilemma.

I think you should go with BS4 . Most claim, power will be down with BS6 and prices for sure shot going to be higher. A BS4 Fortuner should run perfectly fine with BS6 fuel. That said I doubt difference of 3Lacs, at max 1-1.5L difference. Showroom guys will scare you to clear their inventory.

scorpio_fan 11th November 2019 18:28

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Another question related to ICE. I see the stock HU displays few information like distance to empty, fuel efficiency etc. Pioneer is advertising few compatible units for Fortuner. Any feedback on how these functionality will work if the HU is changed (to a compatible one)?

Additionally the MID also shows the immediate instructions (from maps) which is very useful. If the HU is changed will it work? Any feedback from owners who has done the replacement of HU would be highly valuable.

eRajesh 12th November 2019 08:43

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Ok, long time lurker, finally getting around to post.

I have a 2017 Toyota Fortuner 2.8l AT 4x2.

I am looking to improve the sound quality/speakers a bit. Nothing drastic or major tbh, just an improvement of 20-25% would be good I guess unless some of the experts here can change my mind.

I talked to the local car shops and they recommended me to go for an amp. It will be placed under the seat and should bring about a decent improvement in sound quality. I am not interested in a subwoofer since it takes up space.

If I continue using the stock speaker on the Fortuner, which 4-channel amp would the experts here recommend? Or should I do something else? If I go ahead with a speaker upgrade as well, what kind of improvement would I expect in music quality? For speakers, I want them to fit in the same slot as the stock unit. Don't want any cutting or extra modifications.


I must say that for a car that costs almost 40L onboard, the speaker system of the Fortuner is pathetic. It is a shame, really.

Once I am done with my ordeal, I will try and do a roundup of all the recommendations for other Fortuner owners here.

PrideRed 12th November 2019 14:03

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eRajesh (Post 4691327)
I am looking to improve the sound quality/speakers a bit. Nothing drastic or major tbh, just an improvement of 20-25% would be good I guess unless some of the experts here can change my mind.

I talked to the local car shops and they recommended me to go for an amp. It will be placed under the seat and should bring about a decent improvement in sound quality. I am not interested in a subwoofer since it takes up space.

If I continue using the stock speaker on the Fortuner, which 4-channel amp would the experts here recommend? Or should I do something else? If I go ahead with a speaker upgrade as well, what kind of improvement would I expect in music quality? For speakers, I want them to fit in the same slot as the stock unit. Don't want any cutting or extra modifications.

Amp+ Speaker upgrade is the simple and should be quick fix. Toyota OEM speakers are terrible w.r.to bass and they wont be able to handle the power from amp. Get some speakers+ amp that suit your taste!

eRajesh 12th November 2019 14:06

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4691558)
Amp+ Speaker upgrade is the simple and should be quick fix. Toyota OEM speakers are terrible w.r.to bass and they wont be able to handle the power from amp. Get some speakers+ amp that suit your taste!

Bang on. I just got off a call from a very popular car accessory shop in Kolkata and they told me the same thing.

I do not want extra drilling/cutouts for the speaker. Do you think I will find reasonably good quality aftermarket speakers that will fit in the OEM speaker cutout?

Also, any recommendations for speaker + amp? If not, then at least the brands that I need to avoid? That shopkeeper seemed genuine but I would prefer to have a bit of an idea beforehand.

PrideRed 12th November 2019 14:21

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eRajesh (Post 4691560)
Bang on. I just got off a call from a very popular car accessory shop in Kolkata and they told me the same thing.

I do not want extra drilling/cutouts for the speaker. Do you think I will find reasonably good quality aftermarket speakers that will fit in the OEM speaker cutout?

Also, any recommendations for speaker + amp? If not, then at least the brands that I need to avoid? That shopkeeper seemed genuine but I would prefer to have a bit of an idea beforehand.

I believe Fortuner uses same spec speaker as Innova Crysta, if not spec, the size i presume would be the same. I have rockford and Infinity installed in my Innova. Rockford is more of bass whereas infinity provides more clarity. Each of these brands have speakers in different price range and you can pick one that suits you best. Rockford/Morel/JBL/Infinity etc. are all good brands and you won't go wrong with any. Ensure they are original and use good wiring kit.

JediKnight 12th November 2019 15:21

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4688834)
A BS4 Fortuner should run perfectly fine with BS6 fuel...

How can you be sure that BS4 Fortuner will run perfectly with BS6 fuel? Toyota has made no official statement about it. Potentially the injectors/cylinder lining/fuel pump may have premature wear and may have shorter life ?

PrideRed 12th November 2019 15:53

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 4691595)
How can you be sure that BS4 Fortuner will run perfectly with BS6 fuel? Toyota has made no official statement about it. Potentially the injectors/cylinder lining/fuel pump may have premature wear and may have shorter life ?

I am no expert, but most of the article claim there should be not be any issue as the BS6 fuel will have reduced Sulphur content only. So logically BS4 should work fine, but will be polluting more.
One such article: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...to-know-413968

eRajesh 12th November 2019 18:26

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4691564)
I believe Fortuner uses same spec speaker as Innova Crysta, if not spec, the size i presume would be the same. I have rockford and Infinity installed in my Innova. Rockford is more of bass whereas infinity provides more clarity. Each of these brands have speakers in different price range and you can pick one that suits you best. Rockford/Morel/JBL/Infinity etc. are all good brands and you won't go wrong with any. Ensure they are original and use good wiring kit.

Did you also get an amp installed on your Innova Crysta? I have previously read your reviews of the Endeavour and the Crysta. :thumbs up


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:12.