Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/183668-toyota-fortuner-official-review-46.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by eRajesh (Post 4691686)
Did you also get an amp installed on your Innova Crysta? I have previously read your reviews of the Endeavour and the Crysta. :thumbs up

One of my Crysta is running stock HU with JBL amp and Infinity reference speakers. Other one is running on Blaupunkt HU and Rockford Fosgate setup. Another option you can consider is find a good aftermarket HU and just change the speakers. You can get Andorid Auto and Apple Car play along with decent sound, both which are missing in Fortuner. This might not look pleasing to eyes however.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4691736)
One of my Crysta is running stock HU with JBL amp and Infinity reference speakers. Other one is running on Blaupunkt HU and Rockford Fosgate setup. Another option you can consider is find a good aftermarket HU and just change the speakers. You can get Andorid Auto and Apple Car play along with decent sound, both which are missing in Fortuner. This might not look pleasing to eyes however.

Not too comfortable with the change in HU. Too expensive and not worth it for that they offer IMO.

I think I will go the Rockford Fosgate and amp way. Thanks for your help. Will update this thread once I am done with the upgrade.

I had a quick check on this last week. The installer told me there is no need to cut any thing and it can be fixed in the same slot.

If you put component speakers and good amp it will do real magic even without a sub woofer (if you have space issue).

The only drawback I see in the HU is the lack of apple carplay / android auto. the default navigation in HU will not show traffic information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eRajesh (Post 4691327)
If I continue using the stock speaker on the Fortuner, which 4-channel amp would the experts here recommend? Or should I do something else? If I go ahead with a speaker upgrade as well, what kind of improvement would I expect in music quality? For speakers, I want them to fit in the same slot as the stock unit. Don't want any cutting or extra modifications.

I must say that for a car that costs almost 40L onboard, the speaker system of the Fortuner is pathetic. It is a shame, really.

As luck would had it, ended up getting sidewall damage and tyre cuts on 2 of the tyres of my Fortuner yesterday. Will have to postpone the speaker upgrade and change the tyres first. They were only used for 25k KMs :(

Will get the front tyres replaced with the Yokohama Geolander AT/S.

BTW got the Trizact treatment done from 3M Kolkata yesterday as well. Car is shining like new now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiSW (Post 4640210)
The Toyota Fortuner gets a new 9 inch touchscreen system with Android Auto/Apple Carplay compatibility in Malaysia, India update soon

https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-fort...medium=twitter

Any news on the new infotainment update for Fortuner ?

The Fortuner is famous for quite a few reasons in India, including its reliability. But now and then issues can crop up in every vehicle, including a Fortuner. Here is an unlucky customer from Balasore, Odisha who bought a brand-new Toyota Fortuner and then seized the demo vehicle of the dealership after his problems were not appropriately addressed.

Read full story here: https://www.cartoq.com/toyota-fortun...-customer/amp/

Need some feedback on accessories for fortuner. I am looking at

1) Front & Rear under run (it costs 45k, does it worth the investment?)
2) Side cladding (costs 24k, online shows some options well within 5k)
3) Illuminated scuff plate (costs 14k, online options are well within 4k)
4) Auto folding mirror
5) Rear Bumper Step Guard

Items 4 & 5 is any way ok, I am confused with first 3. It is really expensive from toyota dealer. Can I get then after market at cheaper price? Any details you can share?

Regards, Scorpio Fan

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio_fan (Post 4702910)
Need some feedback on accessories for fortuner. I am looking at

1) Front & Rear under run (it costs 45k, does it worth the investment?)
2) Side cladding (costs 24k, online shows some options well within 5k)
3) Illuminated scuff plate (costs 14k, online options are well within 4k)
4) Auto folding mirror
5) Rear Bumper Step Guard

Items 4 & 5 is any way ok, I am confused with first 3. It is really expensive from toyota dealer. Can I get then after market at cheaper price? Any details you can share?

Regards, Scorpio Fan

Hi Scorpio Fan.
Out of all the listed accessories, just get the auto folding mirrors from the dealer. Reason being its an electronic part and your warranty will remain intact.
Rest all can be done through the after market route. I too did the same when I purchased mine in 2016.
Please do share the online link for the accessories.

Happy to share that I have acquired a pre worshiped TFortuner. Its June 2017 model. After getting it I have got auto fold mirrors and Rear Bumper Step Guard installed at the dealership.

Earlier owner had faced a Tyre cut issue and in my 1 month of ownership one of the tyre has busted due to tyre cut. All 4 tyres in my car are due for replacement. I am just wondering whether to stick with stock tyres or go for All Terrain tyres. Are there any other options?

Congratulations Rutvij. Your car looks great. Can you give little more details on kilometers run, condition of the car and the price paid. As far as the tyre are concerned, OEM tyre should easily last about 60k, unless abused by previous owner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross (Post 4733360)
Congratulations Rutvij. Your car looks great. Can you give little more details on kilometers run, condition of the car and the price paid. As far as the tyre are concerned, OEM tyre should easily last about 60k, unless abused by previous owner.

Thanks Ross. In my car in two and half years the previous owner had clocked 89k on stock tyres. I had taken my car to authorised service station and as per service adviser they were good for another 10k!

So the OEM tyres of Bridgestone do last long. The problem arises when the tyre hit some stone or pothole. Due to 18' rim and weight of the car side wall of the car is prone to cuts.

If I am not wrong, Toyota discontinued discontinued 17' rim on top end Innova due to this reason only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rutvij (Post 4733168)
Happy to share that I have acquired a pre worshiped TFortuner. Its June 2017 model. After getting it I have got auto fold mirrors and Rear Bumper Step Guard installed at the dealership.

Congratulations rutvij on your new vehicle (albeit pre-worshiped)
Could share a picture of the Rear Bumper Step Guard since it was not too clear in the photo attached.

Have a great ownership experience and loads of peaceful travels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithaca (Post 4733528)
Congratulations rutvij on your new vehicle (albeit pre-worshiped)
Could share a picture of the Rear Bumper Step Guard since it was not too clear in the photo attached.

Have a great ownership experience and loads of peaceful travels.

Thanks Ithaca. In my earlier post, I had posted a picture which was taken immediately after I took the delivery. Rear Step Guard was installed after that.

I am posting a picture of Rear Step Guard. This picture was taken after I came back from 2000 km trip to Central India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eRajesh (Post 4695082)
As luck would had it, ended up getting sidewall damage and tyre cuts on 2 of the tyres of my Fortuner yesterday. Will have to postpone the speaker upgrade and change the tyres first. They were only used for 25k KMs :(

Will get the front tyres replaced with the Yokohama Geolander AT/S.

I got the front 2 tyres changed with the Yokohama Geolander AT/S. HOOLY SHIIT! Massive, massive difference. Road noise has gone done, ride quality/handling also seems to have improved.

If you are looking to get the tyres of your Fortuner replaced, do NOT hesitate in going with the Geolander AT/S. I am amazed at the difference a good set of tyres can make.

Since I have the 4*2 AT model of the Fortuner, I required R17 tyres. Paid 25.5k in total for the tyres, load balancing, wheel alignment. Got them installed from IndoWheelz in Salt Lake, Kolkata.

@rutvij Geolander AT/S!

Quote:

Originally Posted by eRajesh (Post 4733818)
I got the front 2 tyres changed with the Yokohama Geolander AT/S. HOOLY SHIIT! Massive, massive difference. Road noise has gone done, ride quality/handling also seems to have improved.

If you are looking to get the tyres of your Fortuner replaced, do NOT hesitate in going with the Geolander AT/S. I am amazed at the difference a good set of tyres can make.

Since I have the 4*2 AT model of the Fortuner, I required R17 tyres. Paid 25.5k in total for the tyres, load balancing, wheel alignment. Got them installed from IndoWheelz in Salt Lake, Kolkata.

@rutvij Geolander AT/S!

Thanks Rajesh for your suggestion. After your suggestion I researched these tyres. They really seem impressive.

4x2 models in Fortuner comes with AT tyres. In 4x4 models they provide HT tyres. My concern in AT tyres are noise level and durability. Online reviews say that AT tyres are noisy as compared to HT tyres and they also do not last as long as HT tyres. My main usage is on roads only. I believe that side wall tyre cut issue remains there in both these kind of tyres. So I am a bit confused here.

I will definately check out Yokohama Geolanders tomorrow.