Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/183668-toyota-fortuner-official-review-5.html)

ecosport rules 3rd February 2017 16:24

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan (Post 4139367)
My 2015 Fortuner 4x4 AT underwent accidental repairs in November 2016. Here are some parts costs from the repair bill:
  • Headlamp - Rs. 46,654
  • Mirror with cover LH - Rs. 19,354
  • Various Panels - Rs. 15,000 - 35,000
  • Front Bumper - ~Rs. 25,000

Looks like the prices have doubled for the new Fortuner.:Frustrati

dean5545 3rd February 2017 20:57

Completed 1000km today.
Overall very happy with the touring capability of the car. It can cruise at 120 kmph all day. Getting 8.5-10kmpl overall.

Turbanator 4th February 2017 02:12

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Looks like the prices have doubled for the new Fortuner
I don't think on all parts, Headlights of old and new are totally different. New ones must be twice as large as well besides these are LED :)

ecosport rules 4th February 2017 02:45

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dean5545 (Post 4139513)
Completed 1000km today.
Overall very happy with the touring capability of the car. It can cruise at 120 kmph all day. Getting 8.5-10kmpl overall.

Decent fuel economy for a 2.8litre engine mated to an auto box.

Do you know the cost of replacing the airfilter?
Also is the airfilter same for the Innova's 2 4 litre and the Fortuner's 2 8 litre engine?

Thank you


Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4139634)
I don't think on all parts, Headlights of old and new are totally different. New ones must be twice as large as well besides these are LED :)

Yes,they are quite large indeed!

Sankar 4th February 2017 08:27

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4139635)
Do you know the cost of replacing the airfilter?
Also is the airfilter same for the Innova's 2 4 litre and the Fortuner's 2 8 litre engine?

Yes same filters in Crysta and Fortuner for 2.4 and 2.8, same part nos for both. As for the price i guess (not sure) the air filter change comes at 20,000Kms 4th service so don't have it now. K&N replacement filter is available and it costs $57.

sunishsamuel 4th February 2017 11:40

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Congrats Toyota once again. 1954 Fortuners sold vs 455 Endeavours in Jan 2017 - Source (Ford got less numbers than what they sold in Jan 2016). Toyota sold 5x compared to the Ford. Good lesson for other car companies.

I am hoping that I can visit Toyota factory at Japan in 2018 or 2019 and understand their quality process.

Turbanator 4th February 2017 12:33

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

1954 Fortuners sold vs 455 Endeavours in Jan 2017
I think it's because FORD does not have Trucks to sell, they must have stopped ordering Kits last Year considering unsold Trend inventories and now when there is demand they don't have stocks. Given high Import content and so much fluctuating demand, don't know if they could have done things differently. One issue that I can think of is the low pricing difference in Trend vs Titanium at the start. It should have been more. They priced Titanium so close to Trend that no one wanted Trend and when they eventually reduced prices of Trend, they don't have inventories to fulfill demand.

shatrughna 4th February 2017 12:46

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunishsamuel (Post 4139741)
Congrats Toyota once again. 1954 Fortuners sold vs 455 Endeavours in Jan 2017 - Source (Ford got less numbers than what they sold in Jan 2016). Toyota sold 5x compared to the Ford. Good lesson for other car companies.

I am hoping that I can visit Toyota factory at Japan in 2018 or 2019 and understand their quality process.

This is really surprising to note that New Fortuner also outsold New Endeavour. All the website reviews ( magazines, youtube, etc) mentioned that Endeavour is a better car overall. clap:

dean5545 4th February 2017 12:48

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4139635)
Decent fuel economy for a 2.8litre engine mated to an auto box.

Do you know the cost of replacing the airfilter?
Also is the airfilter same for the Innova's 2 4 litre and the Fortuner's 2 8 litre engine?

Thank you

I have a Manual 4x4 MT actually. Still learning how to get the most out of the beast. I have no idea about the Air filter costs as I have not yet done the servicing.

Benipal0006 4th February 2017 14:08

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
As the owner of the previous gen Fortuner I have noticed a few things which to my mind are substantial misses by Toyota on the new and considerably more expensive Fortuner.

To start with: No headlamp washers! I mean really, Toyota! At this price point and more so glaring in view of the fact that the previous generation Fortuner had them!
Secondly, the new one actually has a lower bonnet which to my mind when parked side by side the old one robs it of some muscle for sure!
Thirdly, not many have noticed it seems but Toyota has also conveniently dropped the car locater option from the key fob which my car has!

Overall, looking at the finished product and the features on offer, i would say the Ford Endy is the better buy no doubt but in the long run when things start conking off, it will be the Fortuner that will be way more reliable and cheaper to maintain! My two cents

geotracks 4th February 2017 17:41

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunishsamuel (Post 4139741)
Congrats Toyota once again. 1954 Fortuners sold vs 455 Endeavours in Jan 2017. Toyota sold 5x compared to the Ford. Good lesson for other car companies.

Great to see such high numbers from Toyota, once again. They have the game & strategy set right. All focus on the large car market only where profits are high.

We've seen time and again, the Indian customer are loyal to brands. An alternate (Ford in this case) could have VFM versus a Toyota which may have higher price and comparatively lesser features. But it will still sell owing to the fact that total ownership across years for a Toyota evens out as a part of niggle free ownership and comparatively lower cost of maintenance.

MAS 4th February 2017 22:37

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by karthi.stark (Post 4137322)
Even after many complaints were made regarding the poor sound quality of the ICE in the innova crysta, Toyota has not improved the sound quality in the fortuner. I don't understand why doesn't Toyota upgrade it even after so many complaints were made! Toyota hasn't learnt anything from the complaints from the crysta owners.:Frustrati
Not good Toyota!!!

The quality of the music in the Fortuner is superior to the Crysta. The clarity is much better with good depth. Please check once again.

ecosport rules 5th February 2017 02:58

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 4139659)
Yes same filters in Crysta and Fortuner for 2.4 and 2.8, same part nos for both. As for the price i guess (not sure) the air filter change comes at 20,000Kms 4th service so don't have it now. K&N replacement filter is available and it costs $57.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean5545 (Post 4139773)
I have a Manual 4x4 MT actually. Still learning how to get the most out of the beast. I have no idea about the Air filter costs as I have not yet done the servicing.

Thanks guys
Air filter costs around 3800 INR and is the same for both 2.4 lt and 2.8 litre engine.

Surprised to note that the cost has doubled from the previous generation's air filter.

Is Toyota going the Ford way? And looks like Ford is following Toyota by reducing the cost of ownership

couswheels 5th February 2017 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4138884)

I have attached a comparison chart between the cost of ownership of both the Endeavour and Fortuner.
Can anyone here confirm if it is correct.


Very surprising to note that 5k series service cost mentioned in the chart is almost equivalent of 10k series service cost - Almost double the cost of Endeavour service. Have always thought that Toyota's service cost is cheaper of the league. If we count the service cost Endeavour is more VFM.

However the sales chart gives a different picture - Is it the after sales service and resale value are the reasons for Toyota Fortuner sales nos. despite the price and service cost being higher than Endeavour?

Believe Crysta owners can throw some light on Service cost.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Sankar 5th February 2017 16:14

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4140072)
Thanks guys
Air filter costs around 3800 INR and is the same for both 2.4 lt and 2.8 litre engine.

From where did you get the price? I have my doubts on that price because the whole assembly need not be changed as mentioned below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4136207)
-Air filter replacement is 5 to 6 times more expensive in the Fortuner as the whole assembly needs to be replaced (yet to get a confirmation on this, dealer doesn't have clarity)



All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:18.