Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 10:59   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Move View Post
They claimed that the floor matting was too long and was interfering with the signal of clutch press to the ignition switch.
This sounds weird to me, if indeed the case.

Quote:
But the battery was definately below the ideal level - got that replaced
That's not expected of a new car. Did they not check battery health at PDI? Could this be because of the car being parked at the stockyard for a long time?

Quote:
Got illuminated scuff plates
Please share some pictures and price.

Quote:
No fortuners delivered post diwali - so lucky to have laid hands on one.
Are they taking bookings for the current model or only the facelift? Also, did they have any details on the Fortuner facelift - launch timelines, specs, etc?
Old 3rd December 2020, 13:28   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
Yes, I have the same warning at 4000 km, so I guess its normal.
Topped up with 8 litres of adblu with 2000 km remaining on the warning. Filled it and started the car, warning was gone.
Old 3rd December 2020, 14:41   #813
BHPian

Mine's gone for the 5K routine service today and the AdBlue no-start warning was showing as 670 KM. My Odo reading is about 4500 km.
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:08   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This sounds weird to me, if indeed the case.

That's not expected of a new car. Did they not check battery health at PDI? Could this be because of the car being parked at the stockyard for a long time?

Please share some pictures and price.

Are they taking bookings for the current model or only the facelift? Also, did they have any details on the Fortuner facelift - launch timelines, specs, etc?
Starter issue: Yes, it sounded weird to me as well, infact so weird that i blasted him for quoting such illogical reason first thing in morning. But they couldn't find any other issue and infact got me in while diagnosing the entire starter system. Pretty open in their dealings. The battery was good during PDI check - i had myself checked it and their record too shows the same - maybe the multiple failed starts took a toll on battery health.

Facelift Fortuner: The GM at the dealership admitted privately that there is no clarity at the moment on resumption of fortuner production, let alone facelift. If customer insists they are taking bookings without any commitment - infact they have 10 customers who have paid full amount but are awaiting allotment. He was quite sceptic about the changes in the facelift and said mostly it should be in line with the innova update - with a 50k-75k price hike. About the higher state of engine tune, while he didn't sound much optimistic (esp. after the strike scene), but said that it would likely be in automatic avatar and with atleast 1.25 lakh hike over the already overpriced TRD variants, and can touch 55 lakh range. Being a manual enthusiast himself, he said probably we are nearing the end of the era of big displacement 4*4 MTs.

Accessories: The blue shade illuminated scuff plates costed about 14.3k (white ones were cheaper by about 1k, but were not in stock). The front fender mirror cost ed 9.3k. all rates include GST and labour fitment charges. Rate chart of entire list of accessories i had uploaded in a previous post. Pictures as follows:
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-pxl_20201203_082631066.mp.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-screenshot_20201203175601.png  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-pxl_20201203_082802783.mp.jpg  

On the Move is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 22:01   #815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
About the higher state of engine tune, while he didn't sound much optimistic (esp. after the strike scene), but said that it would likely be in automatic avatar and with atleast 1.25 lakh hike over the already overpriced TRD variants, and can touch 55 lakh range.
₹55 Lakh for a Fortuner is totally absurd! A massive 10L hike over the already expensive 44-45L for the 4X4 AT. It will make the vfm Endeavour look even more vfm and the next gen Endeavour is coming next year as well! If that’s where Toyota is headed at Mercedes GLC price levels then I might as well take my business to Mercedes Benz!

But I don’t think the on road price will reach 55L, it should possibly come around max ₹47-48L on road for the 4X4 AT even with the power gain and new features.

Suddenly the Innova Crysta is looking very vfm to me compared to some other cars like Harrier’s 25L, Compass’s 32L, Tucson’s 31L and even a Fortuner 4X2 AT at 39L look very expensive in front of the Innova. I know segments are different but as a value proposition the Innova doesn’t look bad at all. It’s a different matter with the 4X4 Fortuner though.
Old 4th December 2020, 00:26   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
₹55 Lakh for a Fortuner is totally absurd! A massive 10L hike over the already expensive 44-45L for the 4X4 AT. It will make the vfm Endeavour look even more vfm and the next gen Endeavour is coming next year as well! If that’s where Toyota is headed at Mercedes GLC price levels then I might as well take my business to Mercedes Benz!

But I don’t think the on road price will reach 55L, it should possibly come around max ₹47-48L on road for the 4X4 AT even with the power gain and new features.

Suddenly the Innova Crysta is looking very vfm to me compared to some other cars like Harrier’s 25L, Compass’s 32L, Tucson’s 31L and even a Fortuner 4X2 AT at 39L look very expensive in front of the Innova. I know segments are different but as a value proposition the Innova doesn’t look bad at all. It’s a different matter with the 4X4 Fortuner though.
I am of the view that the pricing is absurd even at current levels (to an extent and especially with the waste of a ICE and more particularly the navigation system), but who can fault Toyota when Fortuners are flying off the shelf, even before landing on dealer shores. I am happy that i was able to get hold of the beloved 4*4 MT before it went further outside of my budget limits.

Your estimate on price of the higher state of tune model is quite realistic, given that TRD twins are already retailing between 42-46 lakhs around the country. Maybe the guy was extra pissed at Toyota for delaying business in this low demand season, that too for one of the most sought-after models retailing north of 35L OTR. For reference, the 4*4 AT retails at 42 on-road (at least in Rajasthan). I have a feeling that they may not bring the Legender to Indian shores just yet, especially after the strike fiasco.

Extended warranty: In between all madness and scampering around to get the faults repaired, i missed mentioning about the extended warranty packages. Was offered about (i) 53k for extra 2 years and 40k kms (with total warranty extended to 5 years and 1.4 lakh kms), and (ii) 75k for extra 2 years and 1.2 lakh kms (with total warranty extended to 5 years and 2.2 lakh kms). Hope these prices are consistent with other states.

Still thinking whether to opt for extended kilometers in the second option (just to be on a safer side) - while my running is likely to be high with this, but not sure it will pass 1.4 lakh kms in 5 years. The additional two year extension (taking it to 7 years in total) will be done on yearly basis near the expiry of the existing warranty tenure (original or extended).

Last edited by Sheel : 4th December 2020 at 04:13. Reason: Please capitalize *I* in India & wherever singular I is used, for eg - I went there.
On the Move is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 19:20   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am of the view that the pricing is absurd even at current levels
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Current on-road price in Bangalore for Fortuner 4x4 A/T is 43.25 lac (excluding any add-on warranty) and that for 4x4 M/T is 41 lac. Given that the facelift is not getting in any mechanical changes (engine will continue to be same state of tune), anything more than 1 lac as price hike for the facelift would be detrimental for Toyota, given that Endeavour sales are nowhere close to dwindling despite the smaller engine and Gloster is breathing down its neck - refer to these sales numbers (source: Rushlane):

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-suv-sales.jpg

Quote:
Was offered about (i) 53k for extra 2 years and 40k kms (with total warranty extended to 5 years and 1.4 lakh kms), and (ii) 75k for extra 2 years and 1.2 lakh kms (with total warranty extended to 5 years and 2.2 lakh kms)
What is the standard warranty? 3 yrs and a lac km?
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 22:28   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
anything more than 1 lac as price hike for the facelift would be detrimental for Toyota, given that Endeavour sales are nowhere close to dwindling despite the smaller engine and Gloster is breathing down its neck - refer to these sales numbers.
There is a drop in both Endeavour and Fortuner’s sales. Ford had reduced production in Nov and there are talks of the factory being shut in Dec, the drop in production could be seen in the EcoSport as well (~1500 vs 4000).

Toyota has seen drop because of either due to the strike, facelift coming or even both together.

Gloster’s sales figures are due to the initial hype I would like to see it’s sales figures in Jan once they sell all the 2000 cars they had accounted for in 2020.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-b8c491be0a94402d898690510cbac72c.jpeg
The effect of the strike is visible here where rebadged MS cars overtook even the Innova!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 5th December 2020 at 22:32.
Old 6th December 2020, 09:50   #819
BHPian

The lack of Android Auto in this car is really getting to me now. It makes navigation/making calls/changing music while driving a major pain. Definitely going to get a third-party HU installed early next year.
eRajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 18:17   #820

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRajesh View Post
The lack of Android Auto in this car is really getting to me now. It makes navigation/making calls/changing music while driving a major pain. Definitely going to get a third-party HU installed early next year.
Facing the same problem. Lack of Apple carplay and Android auto is now really getting on my nerves. Toyota people are unofficially quoting over 1.5 lakhs for the fitment of new Innova's headunit in Fortuner which is just absurd . Please let me know which 3rd party HU you decide to go for.
Old 6th December 2020, 19:41   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ21 View Post
Facing the same problem. Lack of Apple carplay and Android auto is now really getting on my nerves. Toyota people are unofficially quoting over 1.5 lakhs for the fitment of new Innova's headunit in Fortuner which is just absurd . Please let me know which 3rd party HU you decide to go for.
I was waiting for the new Fortuner so that I could install its HU. But for 1.5l? LOL. Will go for a Pioneer one. I plan to get the upgrade done in Jan next year so will keep you posted.
Old 8th December 2020, 18:37   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRajesh View Post
I was waiting for the new Fortuner so that I could install its HU. But for 1.5l? LOL. Will go for a Pioneer one. I plan to get the upgrade done in Jan next year so will keep you posted.
Awaiting your feedback in this regard.

Meanwhile my battery had knocked off after 3 and half years. It's 65Amp stock Panasonic battery. Any suggestion regarding whether i should go for higher ampere or stick to 65Amp?
Old 9th December 2020, 02:49   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Awaiting your feedback in this regard.

Meanwhile my battery had knocked off after 3 and half years. It's 65Amp stock Panasonic battery. Any suggestion regarding whether i should go for higher ampere or stick to 65Amp?
74 AH exide epiq battery is very good.
Comes with an unparalleled 77 month warranty
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 10:06   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
74 AH exide epiq battery is very good.
Comes with an unparalleled 77 month warranty
My friend who deals in batteries tell me that Amaron batteries are far better than Exide.
Old 10th December 2020, 11:03   #825

Anybody replaced the horn? OEM ones are not loud enough. Also i don't want to splice the wires or anything. Any ideas for plug n play horns? Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks