Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2017, 17:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
From where did you get the price? I have my doubts on that price because the whole assembly need not be changed as mentioned below.
Got the price from Harsha Toyota (Hyderabad)through a friend who owns an automatic Crysta
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 17:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Got the price from Harsha Toyota (Hyderabad)through a friend who owns an automatic Crysta
If its 3800/- then when its time for change I will buy a K&N or similar for a slightly higher amount. Best price I found online for the Toyota genuine air filter is $22. I will check the price when i go next time.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 00:11   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
If its 3800/- then when its time for change I will buy a K&N or similar for a slightly higher amount. Best price I found online for the Toyota genuine air filter is $22. I will check the price when i go next time.
Suppose we use a K&N filter what will be mentioned in the service history when the time comes for a filter change ?

Will it void warranty? ,asking because as far as I know Toyota doesn't honour warranty if any non genuine part is used.
Old 11th February 2017, 14:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any initial ownership reviews up for the new Fortuner?
Old 12th February 2017, 11:35   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, any initial ownership reviews up for the new Fortuner?
Fortuner being a Toyota and all people will say is "I am happy and the car runs fine" That's the beauty of owning a Toyota (I am more of a Toyota and Merc fan)
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 19:55   #81
Senior - BHPian

No offence to anyone: I'm writing a negative review about my test drive experience.

Went to take test drive of new Fortuner yesterday, thinking to replace my 2014 XUV. I already did my home work of reading this thread (One of the best reviews ever) and watching online video reviews etc.

I'm a big Toyota fan from my Altis days but I was greatly disappointed with the ride and comfort of New Fortuner.

I test drove a 4x4 AT model for about 15to 20. These were the things which I didnt like:

* Very harsh suspension. Even small repair patches were felt inside the cabin with a dhud sound. It was so prominent that I asked the salesman if there is high air pressure in tyres.

* Loud Engine noise. Easily audible in cabin going very loud with higher RPMs.
* The vehicle showed small niggles already. Like electric driver seat made a loud screeching sound when trying to pull it back, Boot gate got stuck and was not opening by itself. Had to pull it with force till eye level.

* Inside cabin space was lesser than XUV or felt like that due to black color. Same time the dash board was very high blocking the view. Last row very cramped.
* Felt less luxurious, even less than Crysta.

I was eagerly waiting to buy new Fortuner and was a sure shot customer. But This test drive went very bad.

* The experience at dealership (Om Toyota Jaipur) was also very poor. We walked in and it was all busy and messy. After waiting for a while a lousy dressed salesman approached us and took us towards TD vehicle, he was least interested in telling about product. Only replying to my questions in the shortest form. (I visited BMW and Merc showrooms few days back to TD X1 and GLC, so may be high expectation but Even Nexa and Honda teams were much better dressed and eager to sell their product when we went there last year when we were buying a Hatch)

My family was with me and my 8 year daughter started singing "Dabba hai Dabba, uncle ka gaadi Dabba" in front of Salesman.

Now I'm stuck... My XUV is completing 3 years in March. I had planned to replace it with Fortuner after 3 years. Now we all dont like it. Did anyone else felt like this?
Ym-enjn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 00:14   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post

Now I'm stuck... My XUV is completing 3 years in March. I had planned to replace it with Fortuner after 3 years. Now we all dont like it. Did anyone else felt like this?
Any reason you don't want to try the endeavour. Since you are looking at AT variant, 5 pot 3.2L + 6 speed GB combo in ford is much better.
Old 13th February 2017, 02:38   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No offence to anyone: I'm writing a negative review about my test drive experience.

1.Very harsh suspension. Even small repair patches were felt inside the cabin with a dhud sound. It was so prominent that I asked the salesman if there is high air pressure in tyres.

2.The vehicle showed small niggles already. Like electric driver seat made a loud screeching sound when trying to pull it back

3.Boot gate got stuck and was not opening by itself. Had to pull it with force till eye level.

4.I was eagerly waiting to buy new Fortuner and was a sure shot customer. But This test drive went very bad.

5.The experience at dealership (Om Toyota Jaipur) was also very poor. We walked in and it was all busy and messy. After waiting for a while a lousy dressed salesman approached us and took us towards TD vehicle, he was least interested in telling about product. Only replying to my questions in the shortest form. (I visited BMW and Merc showrooms few days back to TD X1 and GLC, so may be high expectation but Even Nexa and Honda teams were much better dressed and eager to sell their product.

6.Now I'm stuck... My XUV is completing 3 years in March. I had planned to replace it with Fortuner after 3 years. Now we all dont like it. Did anyone else felt like this?
Answered in the same sequence

1)I was surprised to note that the tyre pressure in the test drive vehicle was 45 psi where as the recommendation is 29 only.
Please ck with your own guage.

2)Too bad and uninspiring. Any other niggles that you noticed?
How much many kilometres has the test drive vehicle done?

3)That is most probably a memory setting issue and the sales consultants dont know how to operate it.
Infact I taught the consultant at Harsha toyota how to set it.

4)I would suggest a back to back test drive of the Fortuner and Endeavour with recommended tyre pressures to come to a conclusion .

5)Request you to put in a complaint to Toyota and I am sure they will take the dealer to task,as they dont tolerate such nonsense.

6)I suggest you to do an extensive comparison (atleast 30 kms each on various terrains)between the Fortuner and Endeavour and then decide

Last edited by ecosport rules : 13th February 2017 at 02:41.
ecosport rules is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 15:13   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Answered in the same sequence

1)I was surprised to note that the tyre pressure in the test drive vehicle was 45 psi where as the recommendation is 29 only.
Please ck with your own guage.

2)Too bad and uninspiring. Any other niggles that you noticed?
How much many kilometres has the test drive vehicle done?

3)That is most probably a memory setting issue and the sales consultants dont know how to operate it.
Infact I taught the consultant at Harsha toyota how to set it.

4)I would suggest a back to back test drive of the Fortuner and Endeavour with recommended tyre pressures to come to a conclusion .

5)Request you to put in a complaint to Toyota and I am sure they will take the dealer to task,as they dont tolerate such nonsense.

6)I suggest you to do an extensive comparison (atleast 30 kms each on various terrains)between the Fortuner and Endeavour and then decide
The endeavour3.2 is anytime more refined silent and much smoother ride than Fortuner as have exetensively driven both. It is well built and will take a while and some abuse before the niggles start . The only positive i find here with Fortuner is the brand value as not sure how much is true , the Endeavour now costs less to maintain than the fortuner as Ford Claims.
Deepu Sharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 15:32   #85
BHPian

Quote:

Went to take test drive of new Fortuner yesterday, thinking to replace my 2014 XUV. I already did my home work of reading this thread (One of the best reviews ever) and watching online video reviews etc.

I'm a big Toyota fan from my Altis days but I was greatly disappointed with the ride and comfort of New Fortuner.
Did anyone else felt like this?
I can emphathize with you. I have been driving an Altis for 6.5 years and was eagerly waiting for the new Fortuner. However, the test-drive was a great dampner. The kids were rolling around in the back-seat, in AT the engine response was sluggish and most of the road condition was directly felt in the cabin. The Altis tends to spoil you and not sure if expecting similar comfort from a SUV is fair.

Anyways, I have dropped my plans of buying the Fortuner in the near future. Did like the Camry hybrid a lot, but, then it does not feel like an upgrade!
anupgangwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 16:26   #86
BHPian

Quote:

* Very harsh suspension. Even small repair patches were felt inside the cabin with a dhud sound. It was so prominent that I asked the salesman if there is high air pressure in tyres.

* The experience at dealership (Om Toyota Jaipur) was also very poor. We walked in and it was all busy and messy. After waiting for a while a lousy dressed salesman approached us and took us towards TD vehicle, he was least interested in telling about product.
I test drove 4x4 MT over the weekend along with one of my friend. Initially suspension was very harsh and the sales executive promptly said " sir tyre pressure is fine " but when i asked him specifically about the pressure on test drive vehicle, he said " its as per the Toyota recommendation 32 PSI " Finally i had to take the vehicle to nearest petrol bunk and realized it was set to 34 PSI

After setting the tyre pressure to 29 PSI ride become a lot smoother.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 19:15   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
After setting the tyre pressure to 29 PSI ride become a lot smoother.
When you say a lot smoother, how does it compare to your Safari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
The endeavour3.2 is anytime more refined silent and much smoother ride than Fortuner as have exetensively driven both. It is well built and will take a while and some abuse before the niggles start . The only positive i find here with Fortuner is the brand value as not sure how much is true , the Endeavour now costs less to maintain than the fortuner as Ford Claims.
I wanted to seriously evaluate the Endeavour. However, the experience with dealership left me seriously thinking. Don't want to name the dealership, but here is the story. The sales guy confirmed over phone that the vehicle is available for test-drive. However, on reaching the showroom he told that the MD took the TD vehicle outstation 15 minutes back and apologized that it is no longer available. The thing which worries me here is that are their processes so weak that they are allowing such things to happen with TD vehicle? Skoda used to be similar, the cars were great, but, the dealership and service centers horrible. That damaged their credibility in Indian market permanently.

Maruti, Hyundai and Toyota have built a solid business in India on *peace-of-mind*. Having experienced, that with the Altis, it is very difficult for me to look at other brands :(.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th February 2017 at 22:57. Reason: Please use the edit button instead of creating successive posts within a short interval.
Old 13th February 2017, 19:42   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupgangwar View Post
I wanted to seriously evaluate the Endeavour. However, the experience with dealership left me seriously thinking. Don't want to name the dealership, but here is the story. The sales guy confirmed over phone that the vehicle is available for test-drive. However, on reaching the showroom he told that the MD took the TD vehicle outstation 15 minutes back and apologized that it is no longer available. The thing which worries me here is that are their processes so weak that they are allowing such things to happen with TD vehicle? Skoda used to be similar, the cars were great, but, the dealership and service centers horrible. That damaged their credibility in Indian market permanently.

Maruti, Hyundai and Toyota have built a solid business in India on *peace-of-mind*. Having experienced, that with the Altis, it is very difficult for me to look at other brands :(.
This may be a case with one off dealer. Lately all of Ford dealers are being closely watched by Ford. I myself had a super bad experience with one dealer and had even sent a cancellation letter before Ford stepped in. Though I got the vehicle, I had further issues during delivery and Ford had another dealer step in to sort out issues.

Don't miss the test drive because of one bad experience. Drive both vehicles back to back and then take a call on what you want to choose.

If it helps, please PM me with the dealer name. Let me see if I can get one to respond to you.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 19:59   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupgangwar View Post
When you say a lot smoother, how does it compare to your Safari?
I would say its as good as Safari
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 20:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I would say its as good as Safari
Interesting,are you suggesting that it is better to buy a safari for 15 lakhs ,than spending 38 lakhs on a Fortuner or an Endeavour ?
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks