Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 13:05   #901
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmessiah View Post
I am a happy owner of a 2021 petrol Toyota Fortuner. The best gas mileage I got on it was 13.8 and worst was 5 kmpl as per the MID.
Go for it brother, you will not regret it. Peace of mind, no DPF to bother about and the robust Toyota reliability. I have done 8000 km since October 2021.
Well, who would have imagined that within 1 day, on one page on t-bhp, 3 Fortuner petrol owners would be posting:

It is a small world- we seem to have purchased at the same time, and have done similar mileage till date, Dr Messiah.

Is yours white? Mine is grey metallic, and i think mine is probably the only grey metallic petrol automatic Fortuner in India
achyutaghosh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 09:10   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Well, who would have imagined that within 1 day, on one page on t-bhp, 3 Fortuner petrol owners would be posting:

It is a small world- we seem to have purchased at the same time, and have done similar mileage till date, Dr Messiah.

Is yours white? Mine is grey metallic, and i think mine is probably the only grey metallic petrol automatic Fortuner in India
Let the tribe increase. To me this model makes a lot of sense albeit to the higher cost of purchase. Mine is a silver color. Was purchased on September 2021.
drmessiah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 12:22   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Thanks for the details, possible to share the link ?
https://galioindia.com/car-floor-mat...ar-accessories

You should get these in Amazon too. Innova size fits Fortuner also
Old 25th February 2022, 21:09   #904
BHPian

I am considering buying Petrol Fortuner AT.

My query to prospective owners how is to drive in heavy traffic? Is it a car more for trips? Also miellage is a concern?

Color wise is it better to buy Black or White or Silver? Or personal choice?

In terms of insurance to take from dealer or outside? Dealer is including 3 years third party and charging 1.5 lakhs.

Last edited by heydj : 25th February 2022 at 21:17.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 21:33   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

My query to prospective owners how is to drive in heavy traffic? Is it a car more for trips? Also miellage is a concern?

In terms of insurance to take from dealer or outside? Dealer is including 3 years third party and charging 1.5 lakhs.
Petrol AT is fun to drive in city. It’s smooth and you get the necessary power even in sluggish traffic. Mileage would vary between 7-9 kmpl depending on how you drive. It is basically a car for trips - have done several 600km/day drives in it very comfortably and it loves the highway but I won’t say that it is not a city car.

Color - I have a silver one. And I believe color is a personal choice. White is quite common in NCR and Black may have heating problem in summer, given the retail space.

Insurance- better to take it from dealer - was the advice I got and took. I consulted few previous owners and they said that one gets preferential treatment in case of any mishap and you have to get your car repaired, if you take Toyota insurance. Outside insurance would be a lot cheaper though as you would observe. If you are not worried about any potential hassles (in case of any repair works), go for insurance from outside.
Car-riedAway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 22:15   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

Personally I think Fortuner looks best in black. But one should go for this option only if you have time to personally take care of your car. Since the paint area is huge it will take significant amount of elbow grease to maintain the gloss and shine of the paint.

I saw a test vehicle in which was only few months old. But the paintwork was in pathetic condition, full of swirls and oxidation marks.

For large cars, from a practicality angle white works best. White color marks lot of undulations like chippings, orange peels, swirl marks, dust etc. The car looks good too in white. I have chosen pearl white for Innova keeping this in mind.

I have taken advanced option insurance from Toyota which is around 30-40% cheaper than the Luxury cover. This does not include RTI and Engine protection. I think the RTI from Toyota does not cover Road tax and other expenses. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by poloman : 25th February 2022 at 22:20.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 22:34   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post

I have taken advanced option insurance from Toyota which is around 30-40% cheaper than the Luxury cover. This does not include RTI and Engine protection. I think the RTI from Toyota does not cover Road tax and other expenses. Correct me if I am wrong.
The whole point of RTI is to cover Road tax and other expenses. Why do you think Toyota Protect does not cover this? I have RTI in my Fortuner insurance and it does cover road tax as per what is written. In my case, it is a tie-up between Toyota Protect and SBI general.

My strong opinion is that you should not try to save on that and should opt for insurance with RTI. Innova and Fortuner are theft magnets. You can find an instance below where the stolen Fortuner's owner got more than what he paid 5 years ago because of the RTI clause.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/insura...oyota-fortuner

BTW, I think even a dirty black Fortuner does not look all that bad. My car has never seen water since it left the dealership six months ago

Last edited by padmrajravi : 25th February 2022 at 22:45.
Old 25th February 2022, 22:51   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
The whole point of RTI is to cover Road tax and other expenses. Why do you think Toyota Protect does not cover this? I have RTI in my Fortuner insurance and it does cover road tax as per what is written. In my case, it is a tie-up between Toyota Protect and SBI general.
I specifically asked for this and what the SA told me was that RTI covers only ex showroom price. He/She may be wrong. Do we have different variants in the RTI cover? Like we need to pay more for the on road vs ex-showroom price?

Last edited by poloman : 25th February 2022 at 22:53.
Old 25th February 2022, 23:13   #909
BHPian

RTI as per dealer includes everything including road tax.

Black I like and now they have carbon black too. White is also good as in can do body wrap to give sporty look.

On Toyota financing side they have lot of options i.e bullett, balloon, and tie up with various banks for low interest rates.

I am finding balloon financing interesting as in that they will take 70% in 4 years 11 months and remaining 30% in 60,th month.

I could use some help in deciding financially prudent step to take considering this car is a stretch for me now but I doubt it will be in 1-2 years considering present value. My cofortable budget is 30 and its costing 39 hence these questions.

Please help me clear my mind on financing piece.

Last edited by heydj : 25th February 2022 at 23:14.
Old 25th February 2022, 23:14   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I specifically asked for this and what the SA told me was that RTI covers only ex showroom price. He/She may be wrong. Do we have different variants in the RTI cover? Like we need to pay more for the on road vs ex-showroom price?
I haven't come across any such variants. As far as I know, RTI means, IDV is the on-road price.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 25th February 2022 at 23:17.
Old 25th February 2022, 23:27   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I haven't come across any such variants. As far as I know, RTI means, IDV is the on-road price.
OK.. thanks, will recheck this. One more query. Can I opt for RTI from second year if I switch to another insurance company?
My other car insurance is from HDFC Ergo. I have a quote of around 77K from them for Innova compared to 115K from Toyota for full coverage including RTI, Engine, tyre, key protection etc..
Old 26th February 2022, 09:18   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK.. thanks, will recheck this. One more query. Can I opt for RTI from second year if I switch to another insurance company?
As far as I know, RTI can be had till 5th year as long as there is no break in RTI cover. I dont know if you can avoid RTI now and then take RTI from second year. But if you have RTI from first year itself , the second insurance company also will give you RTI.

I gave a long hard thought about Toyota protect vs New India during my purchase. My sister is a branch manager with New India and her quote was almost 35k lower even after the NCB discount from Toyota Protect. But she told me, even with her influence, the New India claim process will be slower and tedious than what Toyota protect can offer. She said she frequently face escalations from customers who switched from Toyota protect to New India and can't do much about it since a lot depends on dealership and surveyors. So I chose to go with Toyota protect.

EDIT: Sis says you can opt for RTI only from second year too. But for her company RTI is available only till 3 years, not 5 years like some other providers allow. Looks like the policies vary across companies. So you might want to check this separately for HDFC Ergo.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 26th February 2022 at 09:27.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 14:00   #913
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Manual Petrol Review

Hello everyone,
I am trying to fine some reviews on manual 4X2 petrol fortuner. Since I put up in NCR diesel will nip me in 10 years due to new rules and petrol for 15 years makes sense to me. However I am facing difficulty in getting a test drive of a manual petrol variant and no reviews anywhere. Would request your help if anyone can give their feedback on Manual petrol variant it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 20:31   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
Hello everyone,
Would request your help if anyone can give their feedback on Manual petrol variant it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Hard to get test drives of the Fortuner petrols, especially the manual as very few buy that 5 speeder. Most like me opted for the auto. To get a feel of the manual Fortuner petrol, i suggest you use proxy and try the Innova petrol manual. That should be available for test drive i believe. Add a couple of hefty individuals along with you when you take the test drive- to account for the added weight of the Fortuner
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 08:14   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Hard to get test drives of the Fortuner petrols, especially the manual as very few buy that 5 speeder. Most like me opted for the auto. To get a feel of the manual Fortuner petrol, i suggest you use proxy and try the Innova petrol manual. That should be available for test drive i believe. Add a couple of hefty individuals along with you when you take the test drive- to account for the added weight of the Fortuner
Will try to arrange for one. By the way how is your experience with petrol AT in terms of performance.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks