Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2022, 19:27   #916
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Manual Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
By the way how is your experience with petrol AT in terms of performance.
Regards
For my needs (i use it as a tourer, not a luggage hauling offroad tool)- It is more than adequate.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 20:05   #917
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Manual Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
For my needs (i use it as a tourer, not a luggage hauling offroad tool)- It is more than adequate.
Thanks I am in a similar situation
jimmyjagga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 04:12   #918
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Hello Everyone,

Did anyone get their ICE upgraded? Any pointers around Bangalore would be helpful. Had tried the ones offered from Nandi Toyota (brand called modiber) but they were horrible and reverted back to stock ones for now.
Old 4th May 2022, 00:24   #919
BHPian

Had casually visited the MGF Toyota Showroom in Golf Course Road at Gurgaon today about the Fortuner Diesel Manual in general. Found a Hilux, Innova Crysta Petrol and an Urban Cruiser on display. No Fortuner on display or available for test drive. I was informed that there is 8-9 months waiting for the Fortuner. The service advisor was least interested to share any other information or to even ask/ evaluate whether I was willing to buy the car. I thought it would be a waste of time to spend any further time there and just left the showroom. Wanted to understand as to whether the waiting period in a place like Gurgaon is actually 8-9 months or that's a standard response. The reason is, when I had enquired few months back from Topsel Toyota in Bhubaneswar, they had indicated 3-4 months waiting. Unfortunately, have not had the luck to find a test drive vehicle at either of the showrooms, which I am really keen on before considering to put my money.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 00:36   #920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Had casually visited the MGF Toyota Showroom in Golf Course Road at Gurgaon today about the Fortuner Diesel Manual in general. Found a Hilux, Innova Crysta Petrol and an Urban Cruiser on display. No Fortuner on display or available for test drive. I was informed that there is 8-9 months waiting for the Fortuner. The service advisor was least interested to share any other information or to even ask/ evaluate whether I was willing to buy the car. I thought it would be a waste of time to spend any further time there and just left the showroom. Wanted to understand as to whether the waiting period in a place like Gurgaon is actually 8-9 months or that's a standard response. The reason is, when I had enquired few months back from Topsel Toyota in Bhubaneswar, they had indicated 3-4 months waiting. Unfortunately, have not had the luck to find a test drive vehicle at either of the showrooms, which I am really keen on before considering to put my money.
Quoting BHPian Born 2 Be Wild's post from the 2021 Fortuner thread;
Quote:
Booked a Hilux in jan, converted the booking to the fortuner once the prices were announced in first week april, no showroom in delhi ncr has any vehicles neither any updates from toyota on any timelines, new bookings have a time of 24-26 weeks being communicated to them in writing on booking, so for my delivery am mentally prepared for july i guess, and toyota is acting all pricey because they know there ain't any competion in this segment period!!!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 4th May 2022 at 00:38.
Old 4th May 2022, 00:45   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Quoting BHPian Born 2 Be Wild's post from the 2021 Fortuner thread;
Thank you for sharing. It is time that we have an able competition to the Fortuner or else Toyota continues to enhance prices every few months without affecting their sales and the showrooms/ service advisors continue their indifference towards customers. Not sure if it would be a better idea to book one at Bhubaneswar (with lesser waiting time) and get registration done in Gurgaon. Will give me a reason to drive down the beast for 1700 odd kms.
Old 4th May 2022, 01:04   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for sharing. It is time that we have an able competition to the Fortuner or else Toyota continues to enhance prices every few months without affecting their sales and the showrooms/ service advisors continue their indifference towards customers. Not sure if it would be a better idea to book one at Bhubaneswar (with lesser waiting time) and get registration done in Gurgaon. Will give me a reason to drive down the beast for 1700 odd kms.
The Toyota plant is closed for annual maintenance from 26/04 till 16/05, so no Fortuner production pan India. No one will have any Fortuner stocks till 1st week June at least as of now.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th May 2022 at 08:34. Reason: Please capitalize / punctuate where necessary. Thanks.
Old 14th May 2022, 21:21   #923
BHPian

Managed to get a test drive earlier this week of the Fortuner Automatic Diesel 4x2 from Galaxy Toyota, Moti Nagar with the help of Bhpian cfrek. Loved the torque of this powerful engine. The size of the vehicle no doubt looks intimidating, talk of road presence. Neither me nor my wife are fan of automatics and in case we decide to go ahead with a booking, will certainly go for Fortuner Manual Diesel 4x4 variant in Sparkling Black Crystal Shine colour. I can imagine the challenges of maintaining a behemoth in this dark shade, but to me it looks the best in this shade, absolutely menacing. On the road price comes to about 45.5 Lakh with some scope for negotiation on the insurance quote. Waiting time indicated was around 3-4 months.
jbpanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 08:20   #924
BHPian

Quote:
On the road price comes to about 45.5 Lakh with some scope for negotiation on the insurance quote. Waiting time indicated was around 3-4 months.
A curious question living in NCR would you be ok with 10 year Diesel life.

Regards
Jj

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th May 2022 at 08:55. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
Old 15th May 2022, 13:23   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
A curious question living in NCR would you be ok with 10 year Diesel life.

Regards
Jj
Thank you, Jj. You are right, living in NCR one cannot be oblivious to the 10 year life (read, too less) of a diesel particularly, after spending that much of money and with Toyota cars known to outlive the owners. To add to that, with the Fortuner the torque of the Diesel engine is where the fun to drive lies, so petrol does not make sense.

On the 10 year life, I have thought of the following alternatives: (a) get NOC on the Gurgaon registration and get it re-registered at my home town Bhubaneswar at a later point in time, say - after using for 8-9 years (hoping that the 10 years period would not have extended to other States by then); or (b) get the car registered at Bhubaneswar at the time of buying and use it in NCR (as it is more liberal in terms of usage of cars registered in other States). Happy to get your and fellow Bhpians thoughts on this.
Old 15th May 2022, 13:31   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the 10 year life, I have thought of the following alternatives
10 years is a LONG time, given the VUCA world we live in today. So, go ahead and register it in NCR, and enjoy it till the govt. allows you to, post which you can always get it re-registered at your home town. Given the pace at which EVs are gaining popularity, one never knows what lies that far ahead in time

Edit: You might want to take the discussion further on this (2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review) thread

Last edited by cool_dube : 15th May 2022 at 13:33.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 15:33   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, Jj.

On the 10 year life, I have thought of the following alternatives: (a) get NOC on the Gurgaon registration and get it re-registered at my home town Bhubaneswar at a later point in time, say - after using for 8-9 years (hoping that the 10 years period would not have extended to other States by then); or (b) get the car registered at Bhubaneswar at the time of buying and use it in NCR (as it is more liberal in terms of usage of cars registered in other States). Happy to get your and fellow Bhpians thoughts on this.
Thanks for responding to my curiosity. It sounds like too much planning after buying a premium car for a premium price. I have heard few fellow bhp’ians who have petrol 4X2 in NCR and are very happy with their purchase. At the same time I am yet to come across anyone who is not happy with Fortuner petrol or diesel, I believe it brings smile 😊 to all.
jimmyjagga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 17:49   #928

Quote:
Managed to get a test drive earlier this week of the Fortuner Automatic Diesel 4x2 from Galaxy Toyota, Moti Nagar with the help of Bhpian cfrek.
====
On the road price comes to about 45.5 Lakh with some scope for negotiation on the insurance quote. Waiting time indicated was around 3-4 months.
Hello sir, did you test drive the sparkling black variant of fortuner? If yes, how was the road presence of the same and are you planning any post-purchase modifications for the same ? Do let me know as I'm moving with the very same colour for my fortuner but in 4x2 AT Diesal, thanks in advance
Old 25th May 2022, 20:11   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamgiri22 View Post
Hello sir, did you test drive the sparkling black variant of fortuner? If yes, how was the road presence of the same and are you planning any post-purchase modifications for the same ? Do let me know as I'm moving with the very same colour for my fortuner but in 4x2 AT Diesal, thanks in advance
Sir, The test drive vehicle was a superior white colour. I do not think dealers would prefer having Attitude Black/ Sparkling Black Crystal Shine colour in their test drive vehicles owing to the rough usage. Having said that, I have physically seen Fortuner in both the abovementioned Black colour shades on road and to me the Sparkling Black colour looks more appealing and elegant as it gives a dual tone (purple and black) in sunlight and shade. Even the Innova Crysta in the Sparkling Black colour looks very good.

Congratulations on your purchase and picking this nice colour. You may consider getting a PPF to maintain the shine for long. I have not booked the car as yet and intend to do in the near future, which will be in the same colour. Do share your delivery experience and pictures once you take delivery.
Old 30th May 2022, 17:36   #930

Quote:
Sir, The test drive vehicle was a superior white colour. I do not think dealers would prefer having Attitude Black/ Sparkling Black Crystal Shine colour in their test drive vehicles owing to the rough usage. Having said that, I have physically seen Fortuner in both the abovementioned Black colour shades on road and to me the Sparkling Black colour looks more appealing and elegant as it gives a dual tone (purple and black) in sunlight and shade. Even the Innova Crysta in the Sparkling Black colour looks very good.

Congratulations on your purchase and picking this nice colour. You may consider getting a PPF to maintain the shine for long. I have not booked the car as yet and intend to do in the near future, which will be in the same colour. Do share your delivery experience and pictures once you take delivery.
Sure sir, thank you for addressing my query, I will be uploading my delivery experience and review, about getting a PPF, I live in Indore, M.P and it would be nice if someone can suggest me a good detailer's contact in this region.
shivamgiri22 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks