Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/183668-toyota-fortuner-official-review-64.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aamishdhingra (Post 5365582)
Hey Everyone,

Planning to book for the 4x2 Petrol AT.
Primarily my usage is going to be for Outstation and Family Usage. We were actively comparing the Innova Crysta and the Fortuner, I am more inclined towards Fortuner as I am usually going to drive the car, we are not much inclined to get the Innova.

Views Please.

Aamish,

I would recommend you to get the 4x2 Diesel AT.

PROS
-It has better mileage than the Petrol version.
-4x2 Diesel AT will give you 14 kmpl on highway and approx. 11 kmpl in the city.
-Moreover, the tremendous power in Sports mode is exhilarating, so driving this road-hungry beast will be definitely fun.
-And in Diesel AT, you will have a choice of interiors between Chamois and black.

CONS
-Please keep in mind that many diesel fortuners face DPF issues (although not serious but can increase your trips to the service centre).

Innova does not have the road presence which the Fortuner commands.

Time for an update after a long time. My Fortuner has been happily munching miles and will turn 3 on 5th December. Also she has got alot of upgrades in 2022. I will let the pictures do the talking now.
From recent dune bashing trip to the Thar desertToyota Fortuner : Official Review-def5e6fb6ac8449ba25cf7a52c2c6419.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-5fcb6c2281694d96addfba1a99974d73.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-4cb30556e92547fabfdcb977381357a3.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-fe3ebcc31f7e4982af0bb6a0b5104884.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-e083296214d34d949d5649a97e592b96.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-8556c267dca349ab98df16a462539803.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-f72a1f5a9abe477b8930d91e603bcf7b.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-01203ec1a95e4711be0bd2401ac8c194.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-7163d0bb3f3545ff8966352e18aaa3c2.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-20220dd60922476682687b769f3a3f20.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-f33d106095ef43ec9b4eab8b91900d77.jpeg

Posing in the grasslands with Bhpian Rohit’s well prepared 2.2 MT Ford Endeavour

Friends

I seem to be having a unique problem with my January 2023 Fortuner 4x2 AT Diesel. The specs say that the fuel tank capacity is 80 L, but not even once have i been able to fill beyond 70L. I have done 7 or 8 tank full filling after driving it almost dry (till the range shows 10-15 kms). So now i have my own doubts about the fuel tank capacity or something is amiss. The service center guys said the capacity includes the fuel that is there in the line/pipe as well. Even assuming that that to be true, a difference of 10L is strange. I have never experienced this in my XUV500 or Swift or any other car, as when they are almost empty and i fill fuel, it fills to the full capacity and in some cases goes beyond as well !!! Can someone please throw some light on this if you have seen this or come across this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WheelWizard (Post 5542704)
Friends

I seem to be having a unique problem with my January 2023 Fortuner 4x2 AT Diesel. The specs say that the fuel tank capacity is 80 L, but not even once have i been able to fill beyond 70L. I have done 7 or 8 tank full filling after driving it almost dry (till the range shows 10-15 kms). So now i have my own doubts about the fuel tank capacity or something is amiss. The service center guys said the capacity includes the fuel that is there in the line/pipe as well. Even assuming that that to be true, a difference of 10L is strange. I have never experienced this in my XUV500 or Swift or any other car, as when they are almost empty and i fill fuel, it fills to the full capacity and in some cases goes beyond as well !!! Can someone please throw some light on this if you have seen this or come across this issue.

The DTE indicator will be off by around 5 litres in a 50 litre tank when it reads 0 range. This is too ensure there is enough fuel in the pipes as modern high pressure systems in these engines will fail otherwise. This is a margin of safety and it's always kept high. Refueling when too close to empty isn't a good practice.

Anyone can please tell me, why don't Toyota offer a chamois interior for Petrol AT? In my personal opinion, as compared to black interior chamois-coloured interiors make the cabin look both elegant and spacious. And as now sales of Petrol variates are increasing, Toyoya should consider offering Chamois interior for Petrol Fortuner.

Prices hiked after around 8 months.

Hi friends,

I recently upgraded my fogs to Aozoom's Bifocal LEDs. What a difference! Really happy with the results.

I dont remember being disappointed with the fortuner's headlights earlier in my ownership. Is it possible that over the last 4 years, the brightness of the headlamps has deteriorated? If so, extended warranty should cover it right?

On many occasions, I found the performance of OE fogs to be on par with the headlights..

Oh well, I am planning to sell the OEM LED fogs. Mine's a 2019 November model. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

HID/LED bulbs are covered in Toyota's True Warranty.
Did you check with the Service centre personnel?

Quoting Toyota's True warranty below-

"What is not covered:
• Tyres, battery, refrigerant, lubricants, parts made of rubber [except timing belt]
• Any additional accessories or equipment installed, which was not the part of the original vehicle fitment of the manufacturer at the time of new vehicle delivery.
• Any parts replaced under vehicle insurance [accidental] claim or customer paid shall not be admitted under extended warranty.
• Any parts and labor costs incurred in connection with required or recommended maintenance service, as outlined in the maintenance section of owner`s manual, provided with the new vehicle.
• Normal maintenance service such as engine tune-up, cleaning and polishing, wheel balancing and alignment, headlight aiming, replacement of filters, windshield wiper inserts, key fob batteries, wiper blades, gasket (other than cylinder head gasket), light bulbs (except HID/LED) and lamps, spark plugs (except platinum & iridium tip) distributor points, drive belts, lubricants and coolant, brake linings, brake pads, brake shoes, brake discs, clutch disc/pressure plate, brushes, remote key batteries, lenses, glasses, cable (accelerator/hand brake), timing chain pads, mountings (including engine mounting), high tension cords, rubber parts & seals, fuses and relay items."

The low beam on my 2023 Fortuner is fantastic but the high beam is pathetic and so are the fog lights. The white light is not very effective during rains and i am looking for options and suggestions on what is the right upgrade for the high beam/fog lights that would not void the warranty. Please share your thoughts.

Hello Bhpians,
I am confused whether to go for 4x2 petrol AT or 4x2 diesel AT, It will mainly be used in the city with occasional highway trips. I clock around 10k a year.

I really liked the diesel engine but worried about the dpf issues and also considering the fact that I might leave to go to the gulf for my work,Which leaves the car lying in my garage for a month or two max.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis5.0 (Post 5724491)
Hello Bhpians,
I am confused whether to go for 4x2 petrol AT or 4x2 diesel AT, It will mainly be used in the city with occasional highway trips. I clock around 10k a year.

I really liked the diesel engine but worried about the dpf issues and also considering the fact that I might leave to go to the gulf for my work,Which leaves the car lying in my garage for a month or two max.

Genuine question, why do you need a Fortuner for such usage?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels (Post 5724888)
Genuine question, why do you need a Fortuner for such usage?

I wanted an SUV that can seat my family of 5 comfortably and more occasionally. The reliability and looks was a key factor as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis5.0 (Post 5724930)
I wanted an SUV that can seat my family of 5 comfortably and more occasionally. The reliability and looks was a key factor as well.

If comfort is the priority then there are much better options than the Fortuner. Hycross is the obvious one. It is significantly more comfortable than a Fortuner.
Fortuner is a highway mile muncher, using it as a city vehicle doesn't make much sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis5.0 (Post 5724491)
Hello Bhpians,

I think they have ironed out the DPF issues by now so you don’t need to worry about it.

Personally, wouldn’t buy a Fortuner if it was a 2Wd. You have all the disadvantages of a heavy BOF car, hard suspensions meant for off-roading, poor fuel economy and what not but without the capabilities of going off-road.

But if it’s the image you want, there really is no replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick07 (Post 5449711)
Time for an update after a long time. My Fortuner has been happily munching miles and will turn 3 on 5th December. Also she has got alot of upgrades in 2022. I will let the pictures do the talking now.
From recent dune bashing trip to the Thar desert

Hi, very nicely & tastefully modified fortuner. Do you mind sharing the details and cost of the mods & source of purchase? Is the snorkel a safari one and the bull bar ARB?