Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/183668-toyota-fortuner-official-review-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 4147487)
The new ones, both the Endy & the Fortuner, and I know you disagree.:)

To further corroborate my point, take a ride in any of them in the middle seat of the middle row, you should get a drift of what I am saying.

Completely agreed. The safari (Storme 2014 ) is way better than fortuner and the endy ( new one ) in bump absorption. Which is not to be confused with handling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 4147219)

Driving manners: - Endy>Storme Varicor 400>Fortuner.

Ride Quality: - Storme Varicor 400>Endy>Fortuner.

I disagree completely, the body control in Storme is poor, nowhere even close to Endeavour or Fortuner, it has to be slowed down for corners.

Even for Ride quality, just the absorption at low speeds is excellent, spoils with speed, and for expedition use the excessive pitching (Front to back) and poor body control spoils the game. I am not a fan of such excessively soft setups.

Endeavour, Fortuner, Pajero Sport/SFX are far more balanced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 4147578)
I disagree completely, the body control in Storme is poor, nowhere even close to Endeavour or Fortuner, it has to be slowed down for corners.

Thing I noticed about the Fortuner is that it is lumpy at low speeds, so the best thing to do when you hit a patch of rough road is not to slow down and let the Fortuner do the pounding rather than get pounded.

Safari does have a good low speed ride but at speeds, it doesn't become boatish. As you said the road manners of the others are better than the Safari at higher speeds.

Quote:

Body control a.k.a road manners are better, please read my post below.

Quote:

Even for Ride quality, just the absorption at low speeds is excellent, spoils with speed, and for expedition use the excessive pitching (Front to back) and poor body control spoils the game. I am not a fan of such excessively soft setups.

I disagree here. With proper tire pressures, the Storme is far, far comfortable compared to the 3 vehicles you have mentioned. Pitching in the Storme is not at all a bother, in fact the way the Fortuner and the PS thud over corrugations and expansion joints is, jarring and jerky. I prefer soft setups with just the right amount of rebound that can soak up everything in and around 0-120kmph. I would not drive an SUV beyond that.

The SFX, that is in a different league and the best till date.

Quote:

Body roll in Storme is definitely poor and that is primarily due to it's tall structure IMO.

Ride quality is excellent up to 100 kmph, I have not tried it beyond that. The pitching, too, is more at lower speeds.

Looks like people here are comparing the Safari to the previous generation of Fortuner and Endeavour.
Will appreciate if some expert here clarifies.

Thank you

On a rocky road as well as on a dug up road with lots of undulations, try your Safari/Storme and a Pajero SFX, you will be surprised at how bouncy the Tata is, especially in middle row as well as in sway movment.

I have not driven the new iterations of either the Fortuner or the Ford, hence can't comment, but SFX is the benchmark. Period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjegadeesh (Post 4145919)
I initially drove the 4*2 AT Fortuner and felt that the ride was not good compared to a Duster/Creta which i previously owned and hence decided to try the Ford Endeavour. Ford Endeavour ride was better than Toyota Fortuner but the Test drive vehicle a 4*4 3.2 litre Automatic driven 25000Kms seemed abused and i somehow felt it was not my vehicle and my mind again said Fortuner.

So i decided to try a 4*4 AT but the sales executive informed me that only 4*4 Manual was available for Test Drive in Madurai and then i asked him to bring it. I took it off road and the Fortuner took all the obstacles extremely well. I felt engaging reverse gear was little bit difficult u need some strength to do so. Other than that i felt Toyota Fortuner with all the minuses in terms of equipments and performance won over me with better mileage, resale value & reliability. So i decided immediately and gave a booking for White Pearl 4*4 AT Toyota Fortuner.

The sales executive informed me that the vehicles for the current month have already been allotted and i may have to wait till next month allocation. I requested for faster delivery and it seems it is not possible.

Hi
Where did you book the vehicle ?
If it is Harsha Toyota Hyderabad, I have a friend who can help you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4149279)
Hi
Where did you book the vehicle ?
If it is Harsha Toyota Hyderabad, I have a friend who can help you.

It's in Madurai Anamalais Toyota sir. Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4*4 AT is available for immediate delivery quite confused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjegadeesh (Post 4149526)
It's in Madurai Anamalais Toyota sir. Ford Endeavour 3.2L 4*4 AT is available for immediate delivery quite confused.

Endeavour is available off the shelf due to poor sales.
Ford is not ready to back up its own 40 lakh product for more than 3 years,that's disappointing.(are they frightened that it will fall apart ?:uncontrol)
Endeavour seems to be plagued with lot of issues,one has to think twice before investing.

Toyota is ready to extend warranty to 7 years,what a contrast?

When is the promised date of delivery for the Fortuner?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 4150067)
Endeavour is available off the shelf due to poor sales.
Ford is not ready to back up its own 40 lakh product for more than 3 years,that's disappointing.(are they frightened that it will fall apart ?:uncontrol)
Endeavour seems to be plagued with lot of issues,one has to think twice before investing.

Toyota is ready to extend warranty to 7 years,what a contrast?

When is the promised date of delivery for the Fortuner?

In Madurai 10 endeavours are sold every month comfortably, 2.2 Trend and Titanium waiting period seems to be 40 days.

Ford dealership Akshaya Ford have so far provided very good service from Ford Ikon days till now for us. We still own an Eco sport and new Ford Figo, of course ford cannot be equated to Toyota in terms of reliability. To me Ford needs to give long term warranty to attract new customers, whereas Toyota needs no extended warranty based on its known reliability.

Ford needs to realise that service cost alone will not bring confidence to its brand but also its niggles needs to be addressed with better reliability. Value for money Ford Endeavour is undermined by history.

Delivery of Fortuner was promised before March 15th, keeping fingers crossed

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjegadeesh (Post 4150084)
Ford dealership Akshaya Ford have so far provided very good service from Ford Ikon days till now for us. We still own an Eco sport and new Ford Figo, of course ford cannot be equated to Toyota in terms of reliability. To me Ford needs to give long term warranty to attract new customers, whereas Toyota needs no extended warranty based on its known reliability.

Ford needs to realise that service cost alone will not bring confidence to its brand but also its niggles needs to be addressed with better reliability. Value for money Ford Endeavour is undermined by history.

Delivery of Fortuner was promised before March 15th, keeping fingers crossed

Absolutely!!
You echo my thoughts about Ford.
We had and an Ikon 1.6 ROCAM and now the Ecosport too.

Long term warranty is the only way to go for Ford.

Best wishes for the delivery of your new Fortuner

I got this sms a few days back.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-20170220_191947.png

Toyota is very confident about Fortuner. I'm glad I picked it without even thinking of the Endeavour.

I'm thinking of getting the 7 years warranty even though I will not be driving so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 4150142)
I'm thinking of getting the 7 years warranty even though I will not be driving so much.

Please let us know the details after your visit.
Thank you

I spotted the new Fortuner last weekend. I don't know what exactly but something of the bull is gone in this variant. sorry:

The SUV is too curvy, does not look butch any more. It is too similar to the crysta from certain angles. And why are the windows so small?
The Fortuner was the king of the road in the previous variant but the title seems to be up for grabs now.