The Thai people are already doing all sorts of gory things to the fortuner
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-fb_img_1489646584896.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-fb_img_1489646594503.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 12:41   #167
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Finally got mine yesterday after month long wait and innumerable phone calls to Toyota and top management of galaxy Toyota. Shall be posting a full thread later. Many thanks to all forum members for all the advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img20170315wa0010.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img20170315wa0009.jpg  

behaln is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 14:56   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Finally got mine yesterday after month long wait and innumerable phone calls to Toyota and top management of galaxy Toyota. Shall be posting a full thread later. Many thanks to all forum members for all the advice.
Congratulations behaln.
Wish you a long term happy ownership.
Awaiting your ownership report.

Which varient is this?
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 16:55   #169
BHPian

Many thanks for your wishes. Mine is 4x2 automatic.

Dear all. Please advice me the best way to run in the car. Please do advice till how many km will the run in continue. The show room staff had different views about the run in. I never bothered since I had privilege of this forum. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th March 2017 at 21:48. Reason: Posts merged. Pls -> Please
Old 16th March 2017, 18:58   #170
BHPian

Quote:

Dear all. Please advice me the best way to run in the car. Please do advice till how many km will the run in continue. The show room staff had different views about the run in. I never bothered since I had privilege of this forum. Thanks in advance.
Ideally the Owners Manual has a section called "Running In". Trust that the most. I do not have a Fortuner but an Endeavour and the manual says something to the effect of the following:

1. Limit RPMs to less than 2k till ~1500 kms
2. Do not have sudden bursts of acceleration
3. Do not drive at high speeds (subjective - but can be interpreted to beyond 100kmph)
3. Do not run for prolonged periods without any break

However, given Indian stop and run conditions of traffic, with a pinch of salt, it is good to observe low RPMs and speed limits till 3000 kms.

But above all, trust your Owners Manual. For this, and all other issues. Spend some time to read it. It's truly worth it if you love your car/truck.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th March 2017 at 21:48. Reason: Quoted post was edited.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 21:12   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Ideally the Owners Manual has a section called "Running In". Trust that the most. I do not have a Fortuner but an Endeavour and the manual says something to the effect of the following:
=========
But above all, trust your Owners Manual. For this, and all other issues. Spend some time to read it. It's truly worth it if you love your car/truck.
Dear Mr Naresh, many thanks for your advice. I shall definitely run in the car as per the manual. The manual does not says anything for the number of km the car needs to be run. I could not locate the run in data in the manual.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th March 2017 at 15:26. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 17th March 2017, 09:29   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Mr Naresh, many thanks for your advice. I shall definitely run in the car as per the manual. The manual does not says anything for the number of km the car needs to be run. I could not locate the run in data in the manual.
Here is what I found in the Owners Manual: Ref. Pg 149 - Does mention the run-in data here. Hope this helps.

Breaking in your new Toyota

To extend the life of the vehicle, observing the following precautions is recommended:

● For the first 300 km (200 miles):

Avoid sudden stops.

● For the first 800 km (500 miles):

Do not tow a trailer. (→P. 163)

● For the first 1000 km (600 miles):

- Do not drive at extremely high speeds.
- Avoid sudden acceleration.
- Do not drive continuously in the low gears.
- Do not drive at a constant speed for extended periods.
- Do not drive slowly with the manual transmission in a high gear

Last edited by nareshtrao : 17th March 2017 at 09:48.
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 23:06   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Here is what I found in the Owners Manual: Ref. Pg 149 - Does mention the run-in data here. Hope this helps.
=======
- Do not drive slowly with the manual transmission in a high gear
Many thanks. One more advice. Pls advice while at red lights when stopping, which is better- keeping gear in D with brakes applied or shifting to N with the hand brake applied?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th March 2017 at 15:26. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 18th March 2017, 23:23   #174
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks. One more advice. Pls advice while at red lights when stopping, which is better- keeping gear in D with brakes applied or shifting to N with the hand brake applied?
I shift to N when I'm at a signal & when I have reached a point where the traffic would not move forward.
Old 19th March 2017, 07:26   #175
BHPian

Quote:
There have been a few discussions on this in the other forums I recall. The best is to shift to N and keep foot brake pressed for short stops.

Pressing Hand brake at traffic lights is not advisable as mentioned by another TBhpian - if there is a push to your stationary vehicle on Hand brake, by another vehicle, the hand brake pin may break.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 21:08   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Even I shift to N with hand brake applied. Keeping gear in D with brakes applied might put unnecessary load on brake pads. I also use a lot of engine braking. Automatics anyways have much shorter brake pad life for various reasons so it is advisable to keep the gear lever in N mode whenever possible. I also feel it is safer this way because if by mistake you lift your foot off the brakes then the truck might move suddenly.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 08:51   #177
BHPian

How does the ride quality of the New Fortuner compare to the Innova Crysta. And which would be the better variant, automatic or manual. In Hexa thread the automatic seems better was the conclusion. How is it in the case of Fortuner? Looking for a replacement for superb. So space would be an important factor. Also want piece of mind. So takes Germans out of the equation. Ride quality would also be an important factor, because wouldn't be using much for off road. If ride quality of Innova Crysta is better, would be saving a few lakhs.
Old 20th March 2017, 13:09   #178
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
How does the ride quality of the New Fortuner compare to the Innova Crysta. And which would be the better variant, automatic or manual. In Hexa thread the automatic seems better was the conclusion. How is it in the case of Fortuner? Looking for a replacement for superb. So space would be an important factor. Also want piece of mind. So takes Germans out of the equation. Ride quality would also be an important factor, because wouldn't be using much for off road. If ride quality of Innova Crysta is better, would be saving a few lakhs.
The Ride quality of the Crysta is any day much better than the New Fortuner. The Manual Fortuner is better to drive than the AT, but i bought the AT as the drive is more relaxed. Drive both before the variants before coming to a conclusion.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 14:08   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
... took it dune bashing at the Sam deserts.
Did you and your friend have an opportunity to compare notes on AT Vs MT experience dune bashing. Would be interesting to have a comparative view given similar driving conditions for both cars.
Old 20th March 2017, 14:14   #180
BHPian

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Did you and your friend have an opportunity to compare notes on AT Vs MT experience dune bashing. Would be interesting to have a comparative view given similar driving conditions for both cars.

Unfortunately we had gone only in my car. So don't know how the A/T would perform.
Regarding mine I was driving in L1,2,3. Had to engage low mode as I had reduced the tyre pressure due to non availability of a compressor near by.

Regarding driving you feel more in control in a manual transmission than in the auto. Even fuel economy for sedate driving was almost the same for our stretch between Jaisalmer to Longewala.
But when pushed to the limits mine still gave 10kmpl while his gave 7-7.5kmpl.

I have both the Innova(second gen) and the new Fortuner. So I would say that you should go for the Fortuner only if 4x4 is a requirement. Other wise the Crysta will be more than enough for all your needs.

Last edited by dean5545 : 20th March 2017 at 14:17.
dean5545 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks