Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2017, 22:14   #196
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

With the lower profile [aspect ratio], has the new Fortuner's ability to simply gallop over broken/bad roads suffered or does it stay the same/improve?
Old 26th March 2017, 23:42   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
With the lower profile [aspect ratio], has the new Fortuner's ability to simply gallop over broken/bad roads suffered or does it stay the same/improve?
All that will definitely suffer as the cushioning from tyres has reduced.
It may also transmit extra jolts to the suspension too
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 00:10   #198
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varshi93 View Post
Hi BHPians! Here are a few photos of my new beast. I am very excited to share it with all of you. Please share you thoughts

Details:
Model: Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4x4 AT Diesel
Color: Pearl White
Wheels: Lenso RT-Concave 20"
Tyres: Goodyear (P285/50 R20)
Body Kit: Fiar Design FD-2 (Imported from Thailand)
Tints: 3M Mafia Tints
Plates: Thai Famous Red Plates
Congrats Varshi. That is a super cool looking car.

The Body kit looks nice. How did you procure them from Thailand and where did you have them fitted?

The 20 inch alloys look cool, but they will worsen the overall ride quality

I'm sure that you are aware that the sun control films are illegal. The ones on your car are super black and you could be pulled up by the cops. (Unless you are getting a fancy politician number + have a political party flag in front of your bonnet + have a pic of the political leader)

Wish you a million miles on your new "pride'.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 07:27   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Few queries /observations
Thank you ecosportrules. I'd be happy to answer your questions.

1) I purchased both the plates and frames in Klong Thom Market, Bangkok. (http://www.bangkok.com/shopping-mark...hom-market.htm). Rs.600 for a pair of those.
2) The FD-2 Kit was also purchased in Bangkok, Thailand. Price - Rs. 60,000.
I picked it up personally from their factory in Bangkok. And carried it back home on Thai Airways. It includes the Front Skirt, Rear Skirt and Side Step Cover.
3) No, those are the original factory fitted side steps. I've just fitted just the cover that came along with the FD-2 kit. The kit was painted Pearl White too.
4) After changing the wheels, I could definitely tell that the handling is a bit more stiff than how it was stock. And it was quite bumpy on rough roads. I'm yet to test it on a long highway drive to check if there is any side pulling. I'll update how that went. Otherwise, it's a sacrifice I am willing to make for those killer looks.
5) Yes, I'm getting a lot of these warnings. I shall try to be careful
6) Thanks for that information too. I shall take care.
7) Yes. The reflector is still there, it doesn't affect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The ride is quite bumpy on rough roads now. And to answer your question, it has definitely affected that ability because of the bigger wheels and low profile tyres. Now, I have to be cautious and careful with potholes/broken roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats Varshi. That is a super cool looking car.
======
I'm sure that you are aware that the sun control films are illegal. The ones on your car are super black and you could be pulled up by the cops. (Unless you are getting a fancy politician number + have a political party flag in front of your bonnet + have a pic of the political leader)
Thanks MAS! I bought them from Fiar Design, Bangkok. (https://www.facebook.com/fiardesignshop/) It's a very simple DIY kit. But I got them fitted at Modern Beauty Cars, Chennai.

Yes, I am aware those are illegal. I did it purely for the cosmetic look. Sadly, I am taking them down. I wish I knew a top dog in the TN government

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th March 2017 at 08:50. Reason: Back to back posts -- merging
varshi93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 23:20   #200
Senior - BHPian

The tints are illegal but they make the car look awesome. I do agree that we need to follow the laws of the land but i feel like we are robbed of making our machines look cool ! A certain degree of tint should be allowed but then again we do live in a very scary country where some animals misuse the lack of transparency to rape/molest women ! Gotta remove them mate ! @ Varshi93

Last edited by nik_kapur : 27th March 2017 at 23:22.
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 00:32   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Details:
Model: Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4x4 AT Diesel
Color: Pearl White
Wheels: Lenso RT-Concave 20"
Tyres: Goodyear (P285/50 R20)
Body Kit: Fiar Design FD-2 (Imported from Thailand)
Tints: 3M Mafia Tints
Plates: Thai Famous Red Plates
Hey, your Fortuner is looking good.

Just a quick question, i hope you are aware that 20" rims come OE in thai spec TRD variant of Fortuner but they come with 265/50 R20 tyres. But i noticed you have but 285/50 R20. Also i notice you have not put any lift kit, so the question is this does it scrape the wheel well or any other clearance issue ?
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 07:31   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The tints are illegal but they make the car look awesome. I do agree that we need to follow the laws of the land but i feel like we are robbed of making our machines look cool ! A certain degree of tint should be allowed but then again we do live in a very scary country where some animals misuse the lack of transparency to rape/molest women ! Gotta remove them mate ! @ Varshi93
Thanks for the wishes. The feeling is mutual. Window tints do really compliment the vehicle, but as you said, we need to follow the laws. Hope they change someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hey, your Fortuner is looking good.

Just a quick question, i hope you are aware that 20" rims come OE in thai spec TRD variant of Fortuner but they come with 265/50 R20 tyres. But i noticed you have but 285/50 R20. Also i notice you have not put any lift kit, so the question is this does it scrape the wheel well or any other clearance issue ?
Thanks Karan. Yes, I am aware. A lift kit was not required, as the 285/50/20 tyres fit just fine. It did not scrape the wheel well, but the rear tyres were rubbing against the mudguards. Temporarily, I have scraped them down. But I'm planning to get it removed. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Varshith
Old 29th March 2017, 14:20   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Karan. Yes, I am aware. A lift kit was not required, as the 285/50/20 tyres fit just fine. It did not scrape the wheel well, but the rear tyres were rubbing against the mudguards. Temporarily, I have scraped them down. But I'm planning to get it removed. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I believe fitting a 2" lift kit is the only solution.

In the meanwhile do you mind sharing some detailed closeup shots of the wheel/wheelarch post fitment of 20"ers to understand the clearance issue.
Old 1st April 2017, 17:38   #204
BHPian

Guys managed to find a hack on the Fortunner OE ICE. Fellow BHpians using two mobile devices (in my case an iphone and android) can select either device for different purposes at the same time. I am able to stream music via bluetooth from my iPhone and have bluetooth for calling on my Android simultaneously which usually isnt possible in other cars. Hope this helps current Owners
Sparkiplug is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 19:48   #205
BHPian

Today I have taken delivery of super white 4x4 AT Fortuner with all Toyota Accessories. Immediately got the tyres changed to Yokohama 265/60 R18 A/T-S Geolanders (made in Japan). What a ride quality with 29 tire pressure!

I don't know why people say Innova is ultimate in riding comfort. I've 2015 Innova Vx with Yokohama Earth 1 tires. I've today driven Fortuner for 60 Km. The ride quality is absolutely pleasant - much much better than Innova.

Its scheduled for a quartz/ceramic coat detailing with Dazzle (operated by a BHPian) after 3 days.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 2nd April 2017 at 19:51.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 22:26   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The ride quality is absolutely pleasant - much much better than Innova.
Congrats on your new drive, I agree new Fortuner rides better over previous and even very close to the new Innova. The difference between current generation Innova and Fortuner in the rear seat is due to Captain seats on Innova - those are better than bench types in my opinion. But if we talk about front seat, Fortuner will surely be better.

Quote:
Its scheduled for a quartz/ceramic coat detailing with Dazzle
Do share more details with costs, also consider 3M - PPF which from my personal experience is better suited in Delhi- NCR.
Old 3rd April 2017, 06:58   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats on your new drive....Do share more details with costs, also consider 3M - PPF which from my personal experience is better suited in Delhi- NCR.
Thank you Turbanator.

Costs were as follows:

On Road Price : 36,95,976
Smile Package : 12,151
Clip Card : 1,150
Accessories(17) : 1,46,587
Yokohama 5 Tires
exchange : 25,000
Reg. Number
Choice Auction : 28,000

Remaining for next week :

1. 3M rubberized undercoating with 03584 professional grade.
2. Trackpro 1000.
3. Max-Protect Ceramic exterior paint protect.
4. Leather (especially for cloth color transfer protection), Vinyl and Chrome detailing.
5. Carryboy(Thailand) roof-rack.

Delhi is a dusty city. Too much coarse and fine dust. I've had annual maintenance contracts from 3M for two of my previous cars (i20 Active, Innova). Even had clear PPF bra on i20. But all 3M paint protection stuff is wax based. Impossible to maintain in Delhi. Even Jopasu duster gets loaded with dust within a week. Same with collinite and the likes. The edges of PPF attract too much dust which tends to settle there.

So this time i went round almost all shops doing c-Quarts nano (both Japanese and German), Opti-Coat (USA) and few others. Read most of the articles in auto-geek (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...0-cquartz.html). Finally, a member of this forum lead me to Max-protect. And that is what appears to be best option.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 3rd April 2017 at 07:01.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:15   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Delhi is a dusty city. Too much coarse and fine dust. I've had annual maintenance contracts from 3M for two of my previous cars (i20 Active, Innova). Even had clear PPF bra on i20. But all 3M paint protection stuff is wax based. Impossible to maintain in Delhi. Even Jopasu duster gets loaded with dust within a week. Same with collinite and the likes. The edges of PPF attract too much dust which tends to settle there.

Hey Did you checked Always Dry. I recently found on my FB wall and saw their page and the finish looks really awesome on all colours.

I was planning that for my new car. Did anyone tried Always Dry ?
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 19:21   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hey Did you checked Always Dry. I recently found on my FB wall and saw their page and the finish looks really awesome on all colours.

I was planning that for my new car. Did anyone tried Always Dry ?
I went to their Pitampura outlet (near Bal Bharti School). Its multibrand shop named CoatingDaddy. I did not see 'alwaysdryair' mentioned anywhere. They had one Cherry color Crysta coated. And it was worst of all other 'coating' detailers i've been to.
Old 3rd April 2017, 20:01   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Today I have taken delivery of super white 4x4 AT Fortuner with all Toyota Accessories. Immediately got the tyres changed to Yokohama 265/60 R18 A/T-S Geolanders (made in Japan). What a ride quality with 29 tire pressure!
Just curious : how much did the new tyres cost you, and how much were you able to get off your OE ones ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks