Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2017, 12:54   #256
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Installed Dashcam (Lukas-9370 Dual wi-fi 1080p) by Toyota dealer's
Congrats again! Please do share some photos of Dashcam and also costs. Hope they have hard wired this.

Quote:
Few pictures taken by detailer at his outlet after the coating
Please share details for this as well
Old 13th April 2017, 15:07   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
India and Cambodia seem to have different emission standards. Refer to the images below, India is following a roadmap while Cambodia does not seem to have any emission standards for diesel vehicles!! Also, Sulphur content in diesel in India is 50 ppm while in Cambodia it is ~2000 ppm!!
That is some serious digging you have done!

I understand the fuel quality issue but did not expect countries with these kind of standards still! I remember Honda talking about clean diesel a decade back in India as well. Good to see we are making progress in these aspects.
sgmuser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 15:49   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
...did not expect countries with these kind of standards still! I remember Honda talking about clean diesel a decade back in India as well. Good to see we are making progress in these aspects.
India is definitely better than many countries as far as standards are concerned. We always compare ourselves with Europe/USA rather then other countries that are possibly lagging in this area. But then looking at countries with better standards is a good thing.

Cambodia by itself has its own issues with poverty, development issues, governance model, basic issues like public health, food. So emission norms may not be a top agenda. The GDP figures for India (~2 Trillion USD) and Cambodia (~19 Billion USD) also tell a similar story.
Old 13th April 2017, 17:39   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
I The GDP figures for India (~2 Trillion USD) and Cambodia (~19 Billion USD) also tell a similar story.
One needs to consider GDP per person and not GDP of two countries to do a apples to apples comparison. Combodia has a population of 1.6 crores and we are 135 crores. So both India and Combodia are in similar ballpark GDP per person. So we are not any richer then them or they aren't any poorer than us.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 13:46   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
So we are not any richer then them or they aren't any poorer than us.

Overall Cambodia being a smaller economy is relevant in this context as the development of infra and better governance is dependent on overall number rather than per capita income. Also, per 2013 data India's GDP/ person is 5350USD and Cambodia's is 2890USD, so still a significant difference.
Old 14th April 2017, 13:57   #261
BANNED

Guys, Brilliant review by Tbhp.
Going through Youtube, found this gem of an review.
Thought of sharing it here.
racerdabba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 18:34   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Guys
Heard that Toyota is going to launch the 360 degree view system as an official accessory.

(One camera each will be installed to the bottom of ORVMs and one to the front.
The system will collate images from 4 cameras and will be displayed on the OEM screen)
Will try and get an image for reference

Any information/update on the same?
Toyota may be considering this for fortuner in India.

https://toyota.com.my/vehicles/car/vios

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/04/t...alaysia-263839
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 02:00   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Got Blaupunkt TPMS from Amazon and installed myself. Display is light blue which quietly merges with blue cabin, footwell and dash lighting.

Also bought Bergmann Hurricane car vacuum ( after lot of skepticism about suction power of car vacuum, this one is satisfactory).

Few pictures taken by detailer at his outlet after the coating.

Installed Dashcam (Lukas-9370 Dual wi-fi 1080p) by Toyota dealer's accessories technicians.

Items remaining: Rear Pillar LED lamps, Sun-Shades and silicon key cover.

Carryboy dealer in Bangaluru has not yet dispatched the roof carrier despite taking advance 10 days back.
And then i will be all set for this year's Himalayan trips.
Buddy , request you to share , cost of the TPMS and DIY procedure. Shall be doing on mine as well. This one would sure be a boon for my out station trips.
Old 15th April 2017, 03:33   #264
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Thai made Fortuner comes with a rear fog lamp and reflector combination
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img20170414wa0029.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 13:58   #265
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Looks like the Thai made Fortuner comes with a rear fog lamp and reflector combination
Looks good and if it is oe, I will pick one set for my car during my next trip to Thailand.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 03:28   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Looks good and if it is oe, I will pick one set for my car during my next trip to Thailand.
It is definitely factory fitted.
Confirmed by a friend who visited recently

Last edited by ecosport rules : 16th April 2017 at 03:30.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 10:47   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats again! Please do share some photos of Dashcam and also costs. Hope they have hard wired this.

Please share details for this as well
I am using it in my Innova since 2015. Has worked perfectly in all conditions. That was bought for 329 USD from Korea, having seller mailed it to USA and a friend brought it from USA to India. This time it costed Rs. 29,488/- through ebay.com and iShopinternational, delivered at my home with freight and customs. Professional quality, super-capacitor based - works in both 45 degree and -4 Degree C. Yes, its hardwired.

http://www.qviadashcam.net/bbs/board...wr_i=13&soon=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
Buddy , request you to share , cost of the TPMS and DIY procedure. Shall be doing on mine as well. This one would sure be a boon for my out station trips.
I bought it for Rs. 13990/- from Amazon.in. Called Blaupunkt in Mumbai if they can support the product. Their Sales Manager called back and assured me that if required, they will give full support, program even a replacement sensor, if lost.

I was worried about installation. But it was a breeze. There are written instructions with the product and videos on youtube. Although cheaper chinese TPMS are available through Aliexpress, i went by the brand and the local support available.

Yes, IMHO, this is a critical item and a piece of mind for long drives on our bad 'roads'/tracks.

The one drawback is that since display is white letters on light blue LCD, it might not be bright enough for some users.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 16th April 2017 at 10:59.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 21:50   #268
Team-BHP Support

Saw a Ford Endeavour with Yokohama Geolander AT tires and the Ford appeared butch and a bit raised. Any of you have fitted the same tires on your Fortuner? The Bridgestone look very meek and is one the primary factor in softening the looks (further)
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 08:55   #269
BHPian

Quote:
I am using it in my Innova since 2015. Has worked perfectly in all conditions. That was bought for 329 USD from Korea, having seller mailed it to USA and a friend brought it from USA to India. This time it costed Rs. 29,488/- through ebay.com and iShopinternational, delivered at my home with freight and customs. Professional quality, super-capacitor based - works in both 45 degree and -4 Degree C. Yes, its hardwired.
Many thanks for the TPMS update. I too checked up on the Amazon for the product. Local support by Blaupunkt is a definite peace of mind. Shall be ordering soon.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th April 2017 at 09:43.
Old 17th April 2017, 11:25   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought it for Rs. 13990/- from Amazon.in. Called Blaupunkt in Mumbai if they can support the product. Their Sales Manager called back and assured me that if required, they will give full support, program even a replacement sensor.

The one drawback is that since display is white letters on light blue LCD, it might not be bright enough for some users.
TPMS looks neat

Warranty Replacement sensor if one is lost you mean?

Can the angle of the display be sdjusted for a better view?
I remember it has an USB port too,is it 2.1 amps or 1 amp type?

Can you please share some more pictures of the display unit and the valves

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks