Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2017, 14:33   #406
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The Indian TRD variant is disappointing;
Somehow reminds me of the new Honda CRV.
mayjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 16:15   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I am sure it is going to be an easy swap. The only problem is that Toyota would want an arm and a leg for the swap.
Well, i just got a tentative quote of INR 23,000/- for the same I have told them to re-work. If not then the aftermarket option looks much more viable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Somehow reminds me of the new Honda CRV.
Interesting observation
Old 16th September 2017, 17:44   #408
BANNED

Quote:
Well, i just got a tentative quote of INR 23,000/- for the same I have told them to re-work. If not then the aftermarket option looks much more viable.
Almost exactly the figure I had in my mind. I was expecting 20K plus (for a pair). This is considering the regular halogen Koito fog lamp units which cost 10k for a set.
Old 18th September 2017, 21:49   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Almost exactly the figure I had in my mind. I was expecting 20K plus (for a pair). This is considering the regular halogen Koito fog lamp units which cost 10k for a set.
Have requested them for a break up of the costs, awaiting their reply. Will share more details once i know
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 01:48   #410
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
I got a call from the dealership which is 70 Kms from my place to send the vehicle after 5 PM as the technicians will be testing the lighting of a few new Fortuner's and send a report to Toyota.
Hi Jegadeesh

Did Toyota get back to you regarding the headlight complaint?
Old 22nd September 2017, 06:48   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hi Jegadeesh

Did Toyota get back to you regarding the headlight complaint?
Bro i have complained with the dealership only and according to them they have forwarded the complaint to Toyota, and as per the instruction from Toyota they have taken certain tests and sent the details and they are yet to revert back regarding the head light issue.
The dealership people are accepting that almost all of their clients are complaining about the lighting and a few have put LIGHT FORCE fog lamps to compensate the inadequate lighting.
The problem is people complaining about the lighting are not taking forward the complaint to Toyota directly to make them realise the exact problem.

My friend has sent more than 20 mails to the Toyota customer service directly but he gets a call from the customer care Just reading his mail and saying they will revert back shortly and he gets a call from the dealer and no one from Toyota has directly talked to him regarding this issue.

I have already contacted few of the New fortuner owners who are not satisfied with the Headlight and they too are not happy with Toyota's way of dealing this issue. Hope Toyota pays attention to this issue before damage is done permenantly on its image that they are no less than other manufacturers in attending to customer concerns.
pjegadeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 11:54   #412
BHPian

Any ideas on how to get the doors unlocked automatically on switching off the engine. Everytime I have to tell my driver to unlock the doors. I have asked Toyota service centre but they could not be of any help.
Old 24th September 2017, 09:36   #413
BHPian

I would like to change the stock horns with Stebel TM80/2 Magnum 12V (<12 amp).

The stock horns relay is Toyota Part#90987-T2001, AH156700-3040 12V, Denso Japan.

My question is if this stock Denso relay will be able to handle 20 amp current?

The relay which came with stebel horn is bigger than the stock Denso one and can't be installed in fuse box.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 24th September 2017 at 09:38.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 09:53   #414
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
I would like to change the stock horns with Stebel TM80/2 Magnum 12V (<12 amp).

The stock horns relay is Toyota Part#90987-T2001, AH156700-3040 12V, Denso Japan.

My question is if this stock Denso relay will be able to handle 20 amp current?

The relay which came with stebel horn is bigger than the stock Denso one and can't be installed in fuse box.
This is the same horn relay which is there in the Crysta, i was not able to find its rating.

I have replaced the stock relay with a Bosch one with similar pin layout and it just plugs into the fusebox. Bosch I got was 30amps (lower was not available) and is slightly taller than OE denso but fits fine under the lid.

You may need replacing the fuse also based on stebel's total draw. Stock horn is rated 3amps each. The fuse is 10amps iirc. I think stock relay might be similarly rated.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170924-10.02.36.jpeg

Last edited by Sankar : 24th September 2017 at 10:04.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 14:22   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanth@raj View Post
May be yes, but these LED lights are better than yellow ones. Now fortuner front lighting is all white, looks cool and much brighter.
I bought them from Xtreme car decors in vizag. He gave me for a very good price. I have them fitted there itself, it is very simple, just removed two screws at the wheel arches on either side and fitted them, it's simple plug and play, didn't change anything else.
Sir please be careful if the heat produced by the bulb is higher it will be a problem with the holder getting damaged
pjegadeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 21:56   #416
BHPian

Chennai Price list post GST increase and it is just touching 4 million rupees

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_0182.jpg
couswheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 07:04   #417
BHPian

Please look into the photos this is the throw we get in a road and particularly at a turning first two images low beam.

please see the throw we get in high beam the third image. The dealership people have sent a report regarding lighting issues for which Toyotas stand is that they don't receive much complaints pan India other than from South Tamilnadu branch. But I think people are definitely not satisfied with the lights but add LED bars and fog lamps to compensate instead of taking forward the issues. I will upload the videos too to prove how worst the lightings of the New fortuner is
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_4833.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_4834.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_4838.jpg  

pjegadeesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 00:22   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have requested them for a break up of the costs, awaiting their reply. Will share more details once i know
^ In continuation of my above post this is the only break up I could manage to retrofit the LED Fogs;

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_2163.jpg
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 18:11   #419
BANNED

Quote:
^ In continuation of my above post this is the only break up I could manage to retrofit the LED Fogs;

Attachment 1682964
Pricey! But price is in the region as estimated. How is the illumination compared to previous halogens?
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 21:46   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Pricey! But price is in the region as estimated. How is the illumination compared to previous halogens?
Dont know, this quote wasn't for me but some other customer of theirs. Not sure weather he fit it or not. Will keep you posted once i see the new fogs in action

Most Viewed