Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2020, 21:42   #706
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Need some advice on the speakers for our 2020 Fortuner 4x4. Is it advisable to upgrade the speakers or stick to stock? I'm looking for speakers with good bass and i'm not looking for a woofer or an amplifier.

What are some of the better speakers in the market and the cost?
Old 7th April 2020, 21:54   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krreddy View Post
Need some advice on the speakers for our 2020 Fortuner 4x4.

What are some of the better speakers in the market and the cost?
Let me set the expectation first. If you are coming to Fortuner from a sedan or hatch back, please be aware we will not get that sedan sound quality in any SUV.

Reason being, SUV has more cabin space compared to sedan cabin space. Sound energy gets distributed in larger space with reduced sound effects be it BASS, Chilling or mid range voice.

In my view, for normal Indian music, stocks does decent job in Fortuner. If you want to increase the effects, you may need to install amplifier. But don't expect sedan sound quality.

Last edited by gkveda : 7th April 2020 at 21:56.
Old 7th April 2020, 22:09   #708
BANNED

Quote:
Need some advice on the speakers for our 2020 Fortuner 4x4. Is it advisable to upgrade the speakers or stick to stock? I'm looking for speakers with good bass and I'm not looking for a woofer or an amplifier.
What is the budget you have decided for the upgrade?

You can look at Rainbow Intelligence Line which is a vehicle-specific one for Toyota vehicles which is plug-and-play type so no harness is spliced and one can revert to stock if required. Link here to the product.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200407-22.04.29.jpeg
Source: OneMotor.in @ Delhi.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th April 2020 at 22:11.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 11:48   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Let me set the expectation first. If you are coming to Fortuner from a sedan or hatch back, please be aware we will not get that sedan sound quality in any SUV.

Reason being, SUV has more cabin space compared to sedan cabin space. Sound energy gets distributed in larger space with reduced sound effects be it BASS, Chilling or mid range voice.

In my view, for normal Indian music, stocks does decent job in Fortuner. If you want to increase the effects, you may need to install amplifier. But don't expect sedan sound quality.

Fortuner speakers are decent but are flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What is the budget you have decided for the upgrade?

You can look at Rainbow Intelligence Line which is a vehicle-specific one for Toyota vehicles which is plug-and-play type so no harness is spliced and one can revert to stock if required. Link here to the product.

Attachment 1990272
Source: OneMotor.in @ Delhi.

Budget is 15000 - 30000. How is the quality of Rainbow Int line and the budget if i may ask?

And how are they in comparison (sound quality and price) to Focal, Boston Acoustic, JBL and others?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th April 2020 at 12:09. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 9th April 2020, 12:12   #710
BANNED

Quote:
Budget is 15000 - 30000. How is the quality of Rainbow Int line and the budget if I may ask?
I haven't heard these vehicle-specific speakers so far but have heard their Sound Line and Germanium Line speakers which were excellent in terms of Sound Quality. A friend has these installed in his Jazz (Honda-specific) and is very happy with their performance.

AFAIK these speakers should be between 25-30K.

Quote:
And how are they in comparison (sound quality and price) to Focal, Boston Acoustic, JBL and others?
These are warmer and slightly clear in terms of sound compared to JBL, Focal.
Old 9th April 2020, 12:25   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I haven't heard these vehicle-specific speakers so far but have heard their Sound Line and Germanium Line speakers which were excellent in terms of Sound Quality. A friend has these installed in his Jazz (Honda-specific) and is very happy with their performance.

AFAIK these speakers should be between 25-30K.

These are warmer and slightly clear in terms of sound compared to JBL, Focal.

Thanks.

Are they any good vendors in Hyderabad or Bangalore? Also do they affect the warranty?
Old 20th May 2020, 20:27   #712
BHPian

Greetings everybody,
I am not entirely sure if this is the right place to talk about it, but I need the help so I am reaching out here.
I went down to switch on our Fortuner (2017 version, automatic) and take it for a little drive within the building, but on stepping on the brake pedal and pressing the engine on/off button, the vehicle lights flickered slightly and I heard a tickering sound. In fear, I switched the car off. I realised that the brake pedal was not going down as it should. Furthermore, I decided to look at the instrument cluster, and observed that the 'Brake System Warning Light' had turned up.
I intend on calling the service shop tomorrow, but I am a little skeptical about the centre being open, due to the lockdown.
If anyone has experienced such a problem or if you have any helpful tips to suggest, I would appreciate it.
Old 20th May 2020, 21:42   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid__kaps View Post
If anyone has experienced such a problem or if you have any helpful tips to suggest, I would appreciate it.
Nothing to worry. If the car is parked slightly in a slant position (read ramp up position or ramp down position) for longer duration, this is common.

Once you turn on the ignition and start the car, every thing becomes normal. I mean brakes will become soft

This is routine for me since my Parking place is slightly in ramp up position.

Same thing happens even in my santro. Earlier even my first car used to behave same way.So, it is common is my understanding

Last edited by gkveda : 20th May 2020 at 21:45.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 17:07   #714
BHPian

I will keep this in mind, but the place where we park the car is quite flat. My problem is that the brake pedal has become so stiff and it refuses to go down, and this is stopping me from switching the vehicle on.
Furthermore, I checked the brake pedal fluid, and there seems to be a sufficient amount of it.
I tried calling the service centre, but as expected, they are not functioning, probably due to the lockdown.
At this point, I have no idea on how to get the car going.
Old 21st May 2020, 17:42   #715
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid__kaps View Post
I will keep this in mind, but the place where we park the car is quite flat. My problem is that the brake pedal has become so stiff and it refuses to go down, and this is stopping me from switching the vehicle on.
You'll have to press it hard, at least till the system realises that the driver has pressed the brake pedal after which you can start the car.

Disconnect the handbrake and slightly nudge the car, brake pads may have got stuck I think.
Old 7th June 2020, 10:39   #716
BHPian

Hello guys! After lot of deliberation and waiting for Covid situation to show its actual effects, I have now decided to take the plunge and get my dream of Fortuner fulfilled. Booked a BS6 Petrol AT - Silver and expect delivery in few days. Dealer had one in stock and I could haggle a bit to get some accessories (Vehicle tracker, fender mirror and mats for the entire vehicle) and a 20K cash discount. With the price rise of the current BS6 model, announced on June 1, I can count that price rise of 50K also as an added (virtual) discount to me.

I have one question. The dealer has a Toyota Smile package where you can buy a servicing package for 2 years or 20K kms (whichever earlier) for 10k. Do you suggest I should buy that?
Car-riedAway is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 14:43   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-riedAway View Post
I have one question. The dealer has a Toyota Smile package where you can buy a servicing package for 2 years or 20K kms (whichever earlier) for 10k. Do you suggest I should buy that?
Check what all is covered. Within 20k you will pay for 3 service at 10K, 15K and 20K intervals. The service will cost 3K,3K and 8k respectively. If all three are covered and includes everything , you can go for smiles package.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 00:25   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys! After lot of deliberation and waiting for Covid situation to show its actual effects, I have now decided to take the plunge and get my dream of Fortuner fulfilled. Booked a BS6 Petrol AT - Silver and expect delivery in few days. Dealer had one in stock and I could haggle a bit to get some accessories (Vehicle tracker, fender mirror and mats for the entire vehicle) and a 20K cash discount. With the price rise of the current BS6 model, announced on June 1, I can count that price rise of 50K also as an added (virtual) discount to me.

If you could please tell me how is the vehicle to drive going into BS6 form since even I am considering picking up one, is there any considerable difference to the BS4?. How is the pick up and the fuel economy in the city?
Old 21st July 2020, 08:10   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
If you could please tell me how is the vehicle to drive going into BS6 form since even I am considering picking up one, is there any considerable difference to the BS4?. How is the pick up and the fuel economy in the city?
Unfortunately, I don’t have much experience of BS4 Petrol version as I have taken a BS6 Petrol version and I only had a brief TD of BS4 petrol version. You won’t get petrol version generally for TD with dealers and I had to request Toyota to arrange for one. The MD of the dealer was using a petrol version and was given to me for TD.

As far as I remember, I didn’t find much of a difference. For me - I am not a spirited driver - the vehicle is behaving well. There’s an initial lag when you just speed up from zero but the huge power reserve soon compensates for it. Apologies if it doesn’t make much sense as I am not the auto geek who can make those hi-tech comments. My reason for going for Fortuner was simple - I simply loved the car and it was a dream car for me since it was launched. Why I chose petrol was because I am in Delhi and there’s a 10 year rule for Diesel vehicles here, and I hope to keep the vehicle for more than that.

In so far as the mileage is concerned, I am getting around 8 as per the MID. I have driven around 1100 kms in the past month. City drives won’t give more than this I believe, but I am still discovering that.
Car-riedAway is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 08:31   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don’t have much experience of BS4 Petrol version as I have taken a BS6 Petrol version and I only had a brief TD of BS4 petrol version. You won’t get petrol version generally for TD with dealers and I had to request Toyota to arrange for one. The MD of the dealer was using a petrol version and was given to me for TD.

As far as I remember, I didn’t find much of a difference. For me - I am not a spirited driver - the vehicle is behaving well. There’s an initial lag when you just speed up from zero but the huge power reserve soon compensates for it. Apologies if it doesn’t make much sense as I am not the auto geek who can make those hi-tech comments. My reason for going for Fortuner was simple - I simply loved the car and it was a dream car for me since it was launched. Why I chose petrol was because I am in Delhi and there’s a 10 year rule for Diesel vehicles here, and I hope to keep the vehicle for more than that.

In so far as the mileage is concerned, I am getting around 8 as per the MID. I have driven around 1100 kms in the past month. City drives won’t give more than this I believe, but I am still discovering that.
Thanks a lot

The car is basically needed by my dad to go to office and to run within the city itself, we rarely go on the expressway(maybe once in 2-3 months). Only problem was that whenever we go to a dealer in Mumbai and ask that we want a petrol Fortuner or even an Innova they always deny. They say go for the diesel as no one goes in for petrol. Actually Innova also fits the bill but the top end has captain seats but we want a bench seat. Hence Fortuner comes into picture. And this is the dealer from which we have bought 2 Toyota’s in the last 15 years!

I think 8 kmpl is pretty good in the city! This was another major concern for us. The other factor is the refinement, the diesel sounds like a truck at all given times.

Another car that has always fascinated my dad is the Camry, I know segments are completely different but it’s the hybrid powertrain that he likes a lot.

So by year-end we will decide once this pandemic is hopefully over to choose between the Fortuner or the Camry.

Cheers
Stay Safe.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st July 2020 at 08:51. Reason: kmph = kmpl & other typos / punctuation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks