Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2020, 12:05   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The car is basically needed by my dad to go to office and to run within the city itself, we rarely go on the expressway(maybe once in 2-3 months). Only problem was that whenever we go to a dealer in Mumbai and ask that we want a petrol Fortuner or even an Innova they always deny. They say go for the diesel as no one goes in for petrol. Actually Innova also fits the bill but the top end has captain seats but we want a bench seat. Hence Fortuner comes into picture. And this is the dealer from which we have bought 2 Toyota's in the last 15 years!

If it is for your father, just check if ingress is comfortable for him. My mother, who is short statured, finds it difficult. Of course, Camry would be more comfortable but Fortuner has that imposing presence that no vehicle can beat (in my opinion). The mileage I am getting is by driving very sedately, which means all Wagon-Rs, Balenos and i20s zoom past me while I bid them a royal good bye from my first floor. I think for spirited drivers, Fortuner might give 6-7 kmpl. Unfortunately, you won't get petrol ones to TD. I would suggest tweet on Toyota India page and they might get back to you with suggestions. They are responsive.

Happy hunting for your Toyota vehicle!

Last edited by Sheel : 24th July 2020 at 12:11. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Car-riedAway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 12:26   #722
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

This is what happens when you take a 4x2 Fortuner as a go anywhere vehicle forgetting that the go anywhere capability is for the 4x4 model.

Source: AAP facebook page

MODS kindly move it to the appropriate thread in case you feel it doesn't belong here.

Last edited by sv97 : 31st July 2020 at 12:39.
sv97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 18:56   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota teases TRD Limited Edition Fortuner, launching soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-d27cbaecaea24b80802c8bfcd3b0b259.jpeg  

Old 5th August 2020, 19:50   #724
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Got these pictures on Fortuner Club WhatsApp group.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200804-20.19.25.jpeg

The new additions are welcome.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200804-20.19.26.jpeg

TMPS, Dash board Cam, Air ioniser, HUD and wireless charger are new accessories and hope they are available as TGA for existing owners.
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 12:53   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The new additions are welcome
What is the premium being charged for these "features" remains to be seen
Old 6th August 2020, 18:46   #726
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
What is the premium being charged for these "features" remains to be seen
Your wish has been answered

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4858733 (Toyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched at Rs. 34.98 lakh)

Owning a Fortuner is nice! The truck's value keeps increasing with every new edition
Old 7th August 2020, 12:05   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Owning a Fortuner is nice! The truck's value keeps increasing with every new edition
It is living up to its name - buying one is inheriting a "fortune" indeed
Old 14th August 2020, 15:28   #728
BHPian

I am a newbie on Team BHP, please pardon me if my following post does not make sense.

For the past 3-4 months I am in a process to find a new car companion for my Storme and spending a lot of time seeing reviews on youtube and reading ownership thread and official reviews on Team BHP. After going through a lot of stuff online, I am almost certain that a 4x4 fortuner will serve my needs. Just waiting for Toyota India to launch the more powerful 2.8 version.

Yesterday I was going through one review from an Australian forum and the presenter was showing the underbody of a Fortuner. Immediately I noticed that there is some extra component attached to the front wishbone/shocker. I clearly remember the suspension setup of India made fortuner and I think it is not provided here in India. Please see the below pics:

Australian Model
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-screen-shot-20200814-2.56.52-pm.png

Australian Model
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-screen-shot-20200814-2.57.55-pm.png
Indian Model
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-indian-fortuner.jpg

The presenter was calling it a stone guard and there must be a reason that it is a part of overall suspension/ front wheel assembly. Now my question to fellow BHPians:
1) Can somebody who owns a new gen Toyota Fortuner confirm whether this extra component is present in their vehicle or not.
2) If it is not a part that is present on indian Frotuner, then what is the reason for the same.
3) This is a component which is there to prevent damages to the front assembly and cannot be considered as a feature deletion. If Toyota can provide it in Australia, why not in India.

I am wondering how many more differences will be there and do we really have a product that is engineered as per the global standards.

Please delete this post if it doen't make sense.

Slushmaster!

Last edited by Slushmaster : 14th August 2020 at 15:54.
Slushmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 14:08   #729
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
1) Can somebody who owns a new gen Toyota Fortuner confirm whether this extra component is present in their vehicle or not.
I am sure this can stone guard for the front drive shaft boot can be sourced from Australia.
Old 17th August 2020, 15:02   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I am sure this can stone guard for the front drive shaft boot can be sourced from Australia.
Yes Sir, this can be easily sourced. My question is whether this part is present or not in indian model. And, if this is not present, why brands always give miss to such things when launching their global products in India. Also, these are visible things, there might be many more things removed/ degraded which are not visible to a customer.
Old 18th August 2020, 07:15   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
there might be many more things removed/ degraded which are not visible to a customer.
In order to reach this conclusion you will have to start looking at the Fortuner sold in Phillipines, Thailand, etc, etc. There will be country specific changes. Australian's use their vehicles in extremely harsh conditions, so this could be an aussie spec enhancements, not required for our country.

I recall that Ford has an extra cross member at the back or something like that in the Australian version of the Endeavour which increases the rigidity for towing. This is really not relevant to us as we hardly tow in India.

One can start out by visiting the show room and crawiling under the car in each country to see what is different.

In addition to the fact that some features maybe irrelevant to majority of Indians, remember our country has a high duty and tax structure for automobiles that come in an CBU/CKD. Hence some stuff on the global models tend to get deleted on Indian version. The Isuzu for example was selling an outdated power train in the Indian MUX. This was purely to keep costs low and maximise profits.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 18th August 2020 at 07:20.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 12:26   #732
BHPian

Sir, I agree with your point on duty/ tax structure and how they play a big role in deciding features for india specific models. However, I have a slightly different opinion on 'Country Specific' changes where companies make assumptions about indian customers, our needs and usages.

If 4x4 is offered as an option and that too at a good premium, why assume that the usage is going to be not as rough as international standards. In Australia and some other fortuner markets, differential lock is a need but in India people don't need them, even if the people need 4x4s.

Please don't take my words as a random rant, I know companies will always try to maximize profit and I for one provide brands with such support . It's just that I want to experience global products with global quality and standards in India.

Last edited by Slushmaster : 18th August 2020 at 12:40.
Old 20th August 2020, 12:47   #733
BHPian

I have a 2015 4x4 A/T Fortuner. The driver side seat which is electrically adjustable is making squeaking sound when the height of the seat is adjusted. Any leads on what might be the issue?
Old 11th September 2020, 22:20   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
Leather seat maintenance:

Although a generic question, since I've a Fortuner, thought I'll ask here:

Friends, please recommend vendors (Bangalore based) who can clean\rejuvenate the leather seats on Fortuner. Mine is mid-2012 model.

I'd like to avoid the costly prospect of changing the leather. Your knowledgeable suggestions very welcome!
There are many auto workshops who do such service - basic steps involved are : cleaning, de-staining, conditioning & polishing. These workshops use a variety of products.

A year back, I performed DIY task on my car seats using a product - ArmorAll Leather Care Gel

You can watch my video :

Just few months back, I did a quick re-apply of this product on the car seats. I have used this ArmorAll product even on my riding gloves, and leather patches in my riding pant. After applying, leave the surface for few hours, and later it didn't feel oily or slippery, which is good. Overall happy with the results.

There are many such quality products available, which one can choose. Once I finish my ArmorAll bottle, possibly next time I would buy - Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner - heard good about this too.

Earlier I had read this nice thread :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...her-seats.html

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 08:14   #735
BHPian

Between the automatic and manual Fortuner, which one is better? I mean I heard that the manual is more responsive but is the automatic really that bad compared to the manual?

Most Viewed