Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2020, 14:21   #736
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
My question is whether this part is present or not in indian model. And, if this is not present, why brands always give miss to such things when launching their global products in India.
Nice find Some deletions are because of the costs as you have pointed out and others are for non-requirement. Like, heated steering wheel / seats are standard in most premium cars overseas but we won't need except for few hilly places. Certain manufacturers find it expensive to remove such features or don't have a bin without those, so they continue with these even in India, like heated rear view mirrors on many VW cars. Even Toyota gives Heated Steering wheel on the LC200 as standard in India.

This part appears to be something for Australian market as pointed by 4x4, reasons being a lot of gravel roads in Australia. Though, given the current state of roads at many places, we also qualify, perhaps drop a request to Toyota India

Last edited by Sheel : 12th September 2020 at 15:51. Reason: As requested.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 13:39   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This part appears to be something for Australian market as pointed by 4x4, reasons being a lot of gravel roads in Australia. Though, given the current state of roads at many places, we also qualify, perhaps drop a request to Toyota India
You are absolutely right that some parts are going to be specific for certain usage. However, if somebody buys a 4wd vehicle over a standard rear wheel drive, the need automatically puts it at par with Australian offering.

I somehow feel that the lack of competition and brands taking Indians for granted is the biggest reason feature removal and less safer options in India. BTW, this is not true for all brands, but in my opinion Toyota is not doing the best thing by deleting things for Indian users, specially on fortuner.

Also, is the Indian offering a '5 star' in terms of safety like global model. Toyota nowhere mentions it on their website about Fortuner's safety ratings.

Regarding dropping a request to Toyota, the first one will be to confirm the crash test ratings as when we buy a car we put our faith in it that it will protect our family whenvever there is a need. Second will be to provide a rear locker for the 4wd variant or as an option.

Slushmaster

Last edited by Sheel : 15th September 2020 at 12:56. Reason: Capitalising I in Indian.
Slushmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 11:58   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Between the automatic and manual Fortuner, which one is better? I mean I heard that the manual is more responsive but is the automatic really that bad compared to the manual?
Each kind of automatic transmission has different characteristics. It is a matter of getting used to the transmission. When I bought automatic 4WD, initially I did't find it good as I was used to DSG in Octavia. But gradually I learnt how the torque converter in Fortuner behaves and then I adjusted accordingly with light inputs and started to ride the torque more often. Now I am fine with the auto box in Forturner.

The best thing is to take long test drive of both auto and manual and take your call !
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 15:43   #739
VRJ
BHPian

Howdy folks!

I have an issue regarding the wiper blades of my 2018 Fortuner. As seen in the below picture, the left wiper has cleaned the left portion of the windshield perfectly fine, however, something is up with the right side one. I went to Araku (hill station close to Vizag) and on the way back, the right side was like this. It was so hard to drive with rain pouring and people driving with high-beams. My visibility took a major hit. I'm assuming something is wrong with the wiper blades and it isn't a fogging issue as only one side is a bit foggy.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-fortuner-issue.jpg

So, do i have to change my wiper blades? Or is there a fix? If not, any idea how much it could cost? Not sure why the wiper blades are acting strange in 2 year old car, probably has to do with how my driver cleans the blades. Takes a wet cloth and wipes them top to bottom? I'm guessing that's the wrong way, how else do you recommend cleaning the blades?

Thank you!

Cheers!
Old 21st September 2020, 19:03   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
Howdy folks!

So, do i have to change my wiper blades? Or is there a fix? If not, any idea how much it could cost? Not sure why the wiper blades are acting strange in 2 year old car, probably has to do with how my driver cleans the blades. Takes a wet cloth and wipes them top to bottom? I'm guessing that's the wrong way, how else do you recommend cleaning the blades?

Thank you!

Cheers!

Check the alignment of your right side wiper blade, remove the arm cap and tighten it with a wrench / socket if it is loose. If it is already tight, don't bother messing it up, and you should change your wiper blade set. IIRC, Bosch wiper blade set costs around 350 (front two). I've been using them on my Innova and Crysta. I replace them once in an year before monsoons or once in two years depending on how hard the rubber has become. The harder the rubber becomes, performance of those blades decreases and it is bad for windshield too, they create permanent marks / bad spots on the windshield.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 06:59   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
Howdy folks!

Thank you!

Cheers!

The Fortuner's stock wipers were of dismal quality. I threw them out in the second year as visibility was severely impacted, especially during night times.
Get an aftermarket branded one and you should be fine. I have a Michelin one but even those weren't great. One of the wiper just broke from the mounting itself.

I now have an unbranded one I got from my local accessory shop which is working much better than both the brands.
dean5545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 09:53   #742
BHPian

So what are my best options to get Android Auto on my 2017 Toyota Fortune 2WD AT? What other must-have accessories do you guys recommend?
Old 4th October 2020, 00:55   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRajesh View Post
So what are my best options to get Android Auto on my 2017 Toyota Fortune 2WD AT? What other must-have accessories do you guys recommend?
I recommend the Pioneer DMH-ZS9350BT & Pioneer DMH-ZF9350BT.

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent.../dmh-zs9350bt/

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent.../dmh-zf9350bt/

Both are newly launched models and come equipped with Wireless Apple CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto.
The only con is that both models are quite pricey at around 80k.

However, I do recommend getting a wireless CarPlay / wireless Android Auto unit to future proof your purchase.
utkarsh10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 10:09   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsh10 View Post
I recommend the Pioneer DMH-ZS9350BT & Pioneer DMH-ZF9350BT.

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent.../dmh-zs9350bt/

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent.../dmh-zf9350bt/

Both are newly launched models and come equipped with Wireless Apple CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto.
The only con is that both models are quite pricey at around 80k.

However, I do recommend getting a wireless CarPlay / wireless Android Auto unit to future proof your purchase.
At 80k, I am not sure I want Android Auto that badly.
eRajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:05   #745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
An option is wait for the facelifted Fortuner to come with the new touchscreen with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, and once someone puts it up for sale on OLX pick it up. Toyota will also be willing to change the touchscreen but it will cost a bomb to replace hence suggested OLX.
Old 6th October 2020, 20:58   #746
BHPian

Quote:
At 80k, I am not sure I want Android Auto that badly.
If you can wait for 6 months or so, I’m sure you can get it for half the current price.

Wireless android auto & CarPlay is a very niché thing right now, probably will become the norm in another 6 months.

If you don’t mind wired Android auto & CarPlay, you can get a good deal for 15k at most local stores.
Old 6th October 2020, 23:12   #747
BHPian

Quote:
If you can wait for 6 months or so, I’m sure you can get it for half the current price.

Wireless android auto & CarPlay is a very niché thing right now, probably will become the norm in another 6 months.

If you don’t mind wired Android auto & CarPlay, you can get a good deal for 15k at most local stores.
Wha? Which model for 15k? I am fine with wired Android Auto as well. Will it work well with stock speakers?
Old 7th October 2020, 19:03   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Wha? Which model for 15k? I am fine with wired Android Auto as well. Will it work well with stock speakers?
This particular pioneer model is available with an MRP or less than 25k, available at most offline stores for a price between 15k-20k

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...s/dmh-z5290bt/

They work well with stock speakers.
Old 8th October 2020, 11:38   #749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Looks like its sold out now
https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B072B94F6G/
Pic shown does not match actual product.
Digging up an old post. Do you have any picture of the LED, specifically the heat sink side.

With the same product name, there are multiple designs, at least pics online. I wanted to buy one which have a heat sink without fan. Since for XUV without any closed housing for fog, fan may get clogged with dust.

So wanted to check if the B072B94F6G variant is with fan or the braided heat sink one?
Old 11th October 2020, 09:56   #750
BHPian

Quote:
This particular pioneer model is available with an MRP or less than 25k, available at most offline stores for a price between 15k-20k

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...s/dmh-z5290bt/

They work well with stock speakers.
Have you tried them in your car? or have any experience with them? The product listing says they have a resistive touch screen #facepalm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks