Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 19:52   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
In Toyotas the locking part is same but when you unlock the car mirrors don’t open, only when the engine is switched on do they open.
Small correction here --> It opens once you put the key in and turn the key towards on. Does not require the engine to be switched on.
At least, this is how it is in my 3L D4D version.

@On the move: I would suggest you to go for it. It requires no wire splicing and is definitely a useful thing to have.
starter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 20:20   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
My fortuner BS6 has been driven 4700 km. Prompt to fill adblue in 2500 km has popped up. Car is 4 month old. Is it okay? That the prompt has been popped up so quick?
Yes, I have the same warning at 4000 km, so I guess its normal.
Old 21st November 2020, 21:34   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Small correction here --> It opens once you put the key in and turn the key towards on. Does not require the engine to be switched on.
At least, this is how it is in my 3L D4D version.

@On the move: I would suggest you to go for it. It requires no wire splicing and is definitely a useful thing to have.
You are right. Even in accessories mode, the open at press of the button.
Old 21st November 2020, 22:08   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Just an FYI; Toyota’s auto folding mirrors are a bit different from other manufacturers. In other manufacturer’s cars when the car is locked the mirrors fold in and when you unlock the mirrors open while walking towards the car.

In Toyotas the locking part is same but when you unlock the car mirrors don’t open, only when the engine is switched on do they open.
Different manufacturers have different settings for this feature. In Nissan Micra, it used to work just like my Toyota Fortuner. However in Skoda Octavia, it operates based on whether the car is locked or not.
Old 22nd November 2020, 11:06   #800
BHPian

What I don't understand is why such a basic feature like auto-folding mirrors is not a part of the feature kit itself. I guess Toyota's way of making their showrooms earn some more moolah.
Old 22nd November 2020, 17:25   #801
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this in the Fortuner’s owner group on Facebook, the bench seat has been converted into bucket seats. Look like they are Innova’s bucket seats.

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-c7fb33d0530a4870bce51b31fd09b359.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-2f461dfdd38748beb941a5ed21eb76f7.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-5be0c7caf777437bb525ab4e03149972.jpeg

Located in Bangalore and number 9741148867

ps: Not associated in any way to the person.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 22nd November 2020 at 17:28.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 23:32   #802
BHPian

2 week ownership Report:

Everything is going smooth. The ride puts smile to everyone's face. Starting to get used to the size of the vehicle, and much more confident to maneuver in city traffic now. There is a notable dullness with ECO mode in city as well as on highway rides. Switch ECO mode off, and there is a notable difference in the throttle response, and the car feels much more at ease to move along. Yet to engage the power mode. Probably after 1,500 kms and first service. By the way, can someone guide as to the run in period - have covered about 1300 kms, and its been on 3-4 long rides of over 125 kms each - with the ECO mode activated and max. speed of 90-100 kmph.

One random issue has started to show, and not sure yet, whether it is a problem or not. The push start button works as described during cold starts - you sit in, depress the clutch and press the button short but firmly, and the engine cranks. However, lets say you drove for 5-10 mins and then stopped to run an errand, and then try to start it again using the button and it goes through 3-4 cycles of ignition on and off, in and out of accessory mode, but engine doesn't crank - no self or starter - a click is heard everytime its goes in or out of the accessory mode. Then you let it rest for say 3-5 mins, and then try again - viola, the engine cranks in one go. First my wife reported it, and at that time it was brushed off assuming something was a miss in terms of the sequence - maybe she's not pressing the clutch firmly, or pressing the button in quick succession. But then the same issue is getting replicated with me and my two cousins as well. Not sure if we are doing anything wrong or missing some step.

Our Pajero SFX has a turbo sticking issue, wherein if you don't let the engine idle for about say a minute before switching it off, the turbo sticks and the car doesnt respond or take the self unless it cools down after 10-15 mins or unless you disconnect and reconnect the battery connector.

Not sure, if there is a problem with the starter kit or is there anything we are doing wrong with using the push button start.

While being new to owning a vehicle with turbo diesel and push button start system, its not that we haven't used these before extensively. A cousin has a petrol city and others have a diesel creta, Elantra and a diesel seltos - no-one has haven't experienced this in either if these cars. Had drivel creta diesel automatic with push button start extensively for over 3 weeks, never once we face similar issue. Also we never experienced this in the first week if ownership (maybe we never encountered such situations before). It has only started to show now. Checked the manuals and online communities but couldn't see any reference to this issue - all point to weak batteries in car or in the keyfob, or improper pressing of the clutch pedal.

Planning to get it thoroughly examined during the first service, but maybe if anyone can relate to what I am experiencing and confirm that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle and it is something that we are missing here -- I sincerely hope that's the case here and not the other way around

Last edited by Sheel : 30th November 2020 at 10:34. Reason: Typos. Please proof read before submitting your post. Please capitalize *I*.
Old 28th November 2020, 01:25   #803
Team-BHP Support

^^
No, this is not usual. You will have to get it checked. Do you know what’s month of manufacturing? Have you installed any electrical accessories? Looks like a battery issue or a lose connection. Do check battery terminal once.

I don’t see anything major, worst case a bad battery, most likely deep discharged.

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th November 2020 at 01:27.
Old 28th November 2020, 07:10   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
^^
No, this is not usual. You will have to get it checked. Do you know what’s month of manufacturing? Have you installed any electrical accessories? Looks like a battery issue or a lose connection. Do check battery terminal once.

I don’t see anything major, worst case a bad battery, most likely deep discharged.
Its manufactured on 22 October 20202. No accesories installed, electric or otherwise. Battery terminals are fine. Hopefully its either a bad battery issue, or a problem with the starter switch.
Old 28th November 2020, 11:19   #805
BHPian

Morning Update - in cold morning, again refused to start after multiple attempts. Then removed the keyfob cover (under suspicion that it may be blocking signal) - after few more attempts it sprung up again. Tried multiple attempts at switch on and off, after keeping the car on for about a minute or two before switching it off again - to avoid any undue pressure on the engine. But then later, after resting for sometime, it keeps repeating the issue inbetween - but more successes than false starts this time. Hopefully it stays fine till Monday, when it'll to go for its first service.
Old 28th November 2020, 11:37   #806
BHPian

Are you facing this issue with both the keys ?
Old 28th November 2020, 14:17   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Move View Post
One random issie has started to show, and not sure yet, whether it is a problem or not.
This is definitely not expected of an overpriced premium SUV from a brand that prides itself on impeccable quality! Please get it checked at ASC ASAP.

Last edited by cool_dube : 28th November 2020 at 14:20.
Old 29th November 2020, 21:07   #808
BHPian

Yes, both keys are showing same issue. Drove today for over 400 kms, had a couple of stops in between, no issues with startup this time, but a weird light came on before starting it up showing the message, "charging system malfunction". But the car started in one go, probably felt that took a split of a second extra, like that of a end of cycle battery. Going to service center tomorrow for first service and to check the issue.

Attaching the error message and the explanation in the owners manual:

Description in the manual: "Take your vehicle to your mechanic and have them test your battery strength. Drive belt troubles – A failed drive belt prohibits the alternator from doing its job and can cause the warning light to come on. Have your mechanic check the condition of your vehicle's drive belt. It could be faulty and need replacing."
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-screenshot_20201129201938.png  

On the Move is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 15:02   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Move View Post
Going to service center tomorrow for first service and to check the issue.
Any update on this issue? Were ASC folks able to diagnose/rectify it?
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 20:57   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Any update on this issue? Were ASC folks able to diagnose/rectify it?
Sorry for the delayed update. Got the first service done. Issue with startup was reported and took half a day for complete diagnosis. They claimed that the floor matting was too long and was interfering with the signal of clutch press to the ignition switch. But the battery was definately below the ideal level - got that replaced, with an assurance that if the issue repeats again in morning, the ignition switch and starter mechanism would be replaced. Came home, parked and waited eagerly for morning to test. Happy to report that its been cranking just fine, including the 5 am cold morning start. Had some work in the city, so had about 7-8 instances of start and stop - all have been well. Hopefully it stays that way. Got illuminated scuff plates and front fender mirror installed in the meantime.

Overall satisfied with the service work and quality - like with the car, nothing fancy but efficient and effective. One area which might appear lacking to some is the premium treatment you get when you go to a german / European service centers - but i have nothing to complain about so long service work is efficient - and happy not to get unnecessary attention. Was able to complete my office work all day sitting in one corner on sofa with electricity connection.

Inquired about accessories and not much was available in ready stock - not even the most sought after auto-folding module or the sun shades (which apparantly are ordered only on request). Didn't even bother inquiring for the 360 cam or the dash cam.

Not many new deliveries or customer inquiries, only one Glanza and a Yaris were scheduled for delivery. Apparently, Etios has been discontinued and the slump in tourism business has hit Etios and Innova sales. Innovas are well stocked and selling at discount about 40-50k on the new launched model and over a lakh on the old stock clearance - even with blockage on delivery of new inventory. No fortuners delivered post diwali - so lucky to have laid hands on one.
On the Move is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks